Why did you join CAG, or how did you find it?

slickkill77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
78 (100%)
With the return of the PS3 scalper pics thread it got me thinking about how I found CAG. I was searching google during the xbox 360 launch for a tracker of some kind or availability of the 360. That's how I stumbled upon CAG. I believe someone here either posted a tracker or made one. Anyone else care to share?

Saw it mentioned on another forum years ago. Lurked for a couple of years just to keep an eye on deals etc. Eventually joined and started posting regularly in 2005. Well, joined in 2005, didn't start posting heavily until a year or two after that as I was still mainly just lurking the deals forum.

Ironically, I now post a ton and don't pay that much attention to the deals forum as I don't game as much and mainly rely on Goozex. As well as finally having a career and enough disposable income to not have to pinch pennies as much as back in college and grad school.

Found it during holiday season and then noticed the community was much more mature compared to any other gaming forum, so I decided this would be my home.

was searching for videogame deals and found a link to the site talking about a deal toyrus was doing on re4 had to join the site to see the full deal and there you go.

No clue. One day I woke up on a beach with none of my memories except for one - a username/password combination for a site called CheapAssGamer. The rest is history.

I heard about it on GameFAQs, and I decided to check it out. At first I just looked for deals without posting, but I eventually realized that CAG has a superior community to most other sites. It is really amazing how there are few flame wars and things of that nature. People seem to genuinely want to help one another find deals. I recommend this site to everyone. My MO is to never buy anything video game related unless I've checked CAG first. This site has saved me thousands of dollars over the years.

Did random searches for cheap games and this site kept coming up. This was during the awesome Circuit City clearance sales (before they became; just ok.) Lurked on the site and probably signed up to see all the deals. I don't post a lot, but appreciate the more mature content that is posted.

IIRC, a guy at the local gamestop where I used to live mentioned this site. Lurked for about a month before I got tired of the ads and finally joined.

When I first bought my 360, I searched for months for the best deal, and it eventually led me here. Didn't help me find a deal on the 360, but I remembered the site. Then, almost two years ago, I was searching for another deal, came across this site again, and joined. I've used it almost everyday since!

I had just bought a DS Lite and thought there had to be a forum or something somewhere dedicated to getting cheap games, so I googled "cheap games." Shazam, result #2 brought me here.

Back in March of 2005, I heard rumblings of EB's GBA to DS trade in program on some other site. It pointed this way, and I did my trade. I also did my first semi-flip to help me get enough games to trade in. I bought Fire Pro Wrestling and Iridion 3D, two of the cheapest games I could find, and put them with the GBA classic, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, and that crappy King of Fighters 99 port that I already had to trade in. I wasn't planning on getting the DS so soon, but it was an amazing deal that you could have only gotten back when EB and Gamestop were two separate companies.

I was working at Circuit City during the legendary $5 clearance game sale in 7/04. I didn't know about the sale until someone came in with a list of games from CAG. He told me about the site and I've been here ever since.

I'm surprised no one has said that they suddenly had the urge to spend more money than they used to and play less games than they used to.

Joined to talk/read about the Live Search Club (now Club Bing) stuff in the Free Stuff forum when it started years ago. Stuck around for the GGT.

Got my PS3 in January 2009, and since it was my first current-gen console, I couldn't justify paying $60 for a video game. Searched "cheap video games" or something like that on Google and found this site. Since then, I've paid full price on 2 out of around 30 games I've bought.

Joined CAG looking for deals in 2006. Didn't really check it until 2010 when i got permenantly banned from GAF and wore my welcome out at Neo-Geo.com

This place has a much better community than most gamer forums and mature discussion.

Y'know, I honestly do not remember. At all. I know my first post was about .hack, and I'd been lurking a few days before making said post... and my original avatar was Linear from Evolution... and that's it.

It's kind of weird, I normally don't forget stuff like that...

found it searching for valkyria chronicles for a good price(eventually ordered it and disgeae 3 via goomba's gamesforcanada ), joined due to the steam holiday sale thread.

I followed the smell of lurkers and followed. No, in honesty, it was during the subway fiery footlong, but you see, It says I joined back in 2009. o_O Maybe I got drunk one night and made an account and forgot about it.

I wish i could remember how i first found the site. I'm so glad i did because money is tight and i've traded for 50+ games and items on here that i never would have bought outright. Being cheap rules!

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']I saw it on someone's sig in GameFAQs, I don't think it was from Cheapy's sig though.[/QUOTE]

I also saw it from someone signature on GameFAQs

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Joined to talk/read about the Live Search Club (now Club Bing) stuff in the Free Stuff forum when it started years ago. Stuck around for the GGT.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I joined when the thread was full of bots and cheaters though. The good ol' days. :lol:

I used to go on ScrewAttack all the time and CheapyD would always present the CheapAss Deals of the Week. Eventually I checked it out and have been hooked ever since!

Back in 2005 I was an active member on 1up.com and one of my friends on there posted a blog about a deal from CAG, I followed the link to CAG and discovered that there were a whole ton of deals posted so I decided to join.

[quote name='cdeener']I was adding sites to my yahoo homepage and CAG came up in December of 2004 and been active ever since.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Although the links to deal threads on My Yahoo seemed to stop updating after a while.

bread's done
Back