Wii $250 - Nov 19th - The Nintendo 2-Day Press Event Thread!

So one blurb on an IGN blog overwrites reports on Joystiq, Gamespot, etc? And if it was at 1AM EST, that would mean the conference starts at 1PM in Japan...why the difference from the other two morning conferences?

I'd be surprised if it started at 1, the info has already been out for so long.

Anyways, we're not getting news EXACTLY at 8PM EST, we have to wait for the conference to actually go on, and then for people to report it.

Anybody know who's live blogging it?

[quote name='evilmax17']I'd be surprised if it started at 1, the info has already been out for so long.

Anyways, we're not getting news EXACTLY at 8PM EST, we have to wait for the conference to actually go on, and then for people to report it.

Anybody know who's live blogging it?[/quote]

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/

[quote name='daroga']Yeah, what's the deal with 1AM. I've seen 8pm EDT from several different sources[/QUOTE]

Apprently 1 AM EST is when the conference ends - so like any good showman (and one we all hate), they save the best information till the end.

So perhaps 1 AM EST is the absolute latest we'll get new info? Sorry for the confusion all, I will update the OP.

Check GoNintendo again, IGN was wrong. There's no way they would have a 5 hour news conference. The conference will likely be from 8-9 EDT, and then the attendees get to play for 5 or so hours.

[quote name='evilmax17']Check GoNintendo again, IGN was wrong. There's no way they would have a 5 hour news conference. The conference will likely be from 8-9 EDT, and then the attendees get to play for 5 or so hours.[/QUOTE]

They may just hold the info until the gameplay sessions are over.

"Now that you love the system, here's what you're dying to hear!" Get them frothing at the mouth and then drive everyone to a frenzy with some killer news. Works for me.

[quote name='Ecofreak']They may just hold the info until the gameplay sessions are over.

"Now that you love the system, here's what you're dying to hear!" Get them frothing at the mouth and then drive everyone to a frenzy with some killer news. Works for me.[/QUOTE]
I doubt it. They'll have the info-packed keynote to kick it off.

Or, I'm wrong. We'll see in an hour or so. ;)

Ooo, this is fun. I'm also going to guess $229.99 as the price, but with one controller/wiimote and a wii sports demo included. I like Oct 11 (W 11), but maybe November 5th is more realistic...

My hopes:

-I really hope Wii Sports is a pack-in. They would gain SO much from this.

-I really hope the defacto package contains the classic controller. They would have SO much to lose by not including it.

I think it would be hilarious if they unveiled an updated R.O.B. and bundled it with the console, Mario Galaxy, Duck Hunt Wii, two controllers, and the lightgun and roll it old school.

So is 8PM absolutely firm? If so, I'd be up for an AIM chat... Scobie76 on there.

[quote name='Scobie']I think it would be hilarious if they unveiled an updated R.O.B.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm too cynical for my own good, but part of me relishes in the massive disappointment of others. To that degree, I hope that they don't announce anything tonight in regards to launch date or price.

Realistically, of course, we're two weeks into September, so even if it wouldn't happen today, it's gotta happen sooner than later. Realism be damned, I want to see you all cry and wail and gnash your teeth come 8:30! Shame I'll be at rollerderby practice, though. I call it delayed gratification.

[quote name='mykevermin']Maybe I'm too cynical for my own good, but part of me relishes in the massive disappointment of others. To that degree, I hope that they don't announce anything tonight in regards to launch date or price.[/QUOTE]

You sir are a heartless asshole!

*runs off crying*

[quote name='Scobie']So is 8PM absolutely firm? If so, I'd be up for an AIM chat... Scobie76 on there.[/quote]
No. I've got some people saying that 9PM EST is the real time and 8PM comes from an assumption that there is a pre-conference. We'll see who is correct in 30 minutes, so just sit tight.;)

[quote name='furyk']You sir are a heartless asshole!

*runs off crying*[/QUOTE]

No, I am a self-sacrificing asshole.

The difference is that it pains me to not know the price, date, and launch numbers for the Wii. Without that knowledge, GS won't let me preorder and assure me I will have one at launch.

OTOH, seething anger from built-up-and-let-down people? You only get that so many times during a console's lifecycle. I just want to relive the collective sigh of mundane disappointment that happened during that Joystiq "exclusive" last week.

[quote name='mykevermin']The difference is that it pains me to not know the price, date, and launch numbers for the Wii. Without that knowledge, GS won't let me preorder and assure me I will have one at launch.
[/QUOTE]

Wait, I thought everyone on the Wii boards was already camping out with their laptops outside of the local big box store with a wireless adapter made out of disgarded Caramello wrapers.

[quote name='furyk']Wait, I thought everyone on the Wii boards was already camping out with their laptops outside of the local big box store with a wireless adapter made out of disgarded Caramello wrapers.[/QUOTE]

Wtf.

I'm eating Snickers, bitch.

[quote name='Strell']Wtf.

I'm eating Snickers, bitch.[/QUOTE]

Shit dude. You need the metallic wrappers for the wireless to work!

[quote name='furyk']Shit dude. You need the metallic wrappers for the wireless to work![/QUOTE]

That's what all the cans of Mountain Dew are for!

And the snacksize bags of Cheetos!

[quote name='Strell']That's what all the cans of Mountain Dew are for!

And the snacksize bags of Cheetos![/QUOTE]

Oh man, I realized I didn't have anything to drink. Shit, two months of drinking urine for me.

[quote name='Strell']Maybe the R.O.B. can have sex with you.

Or you with it.

Whichever you prefer.[/QUOTE]

:D But seriously, wouldn't it be kind of nice to have R.O.B. along for the ride for this new console? He could serve as a docking station to charge controllers (if they break away from that AA battery crap at the last minute).

I think we're too close to launch to end up with another Joystiq. I'm confident they'll be talking launch date, packages, and prices. They should be ready by now, if they want to have something in the stores to sell this Holiday, and there isn't much reason to string people along with probably less than two months from release.

Of course, if they don't I'll be crying into my keyboard. :)

Internet are ready to implode.

Wii will be awesome graf-x machine for $200 and come with HD-BlueRay drive for to play awesome next gen media format. All shall see.

Reality's Fringe;2191090 said:
Internet are ready to implode.

Indeed.. GoNintendo (never the most stable site) is really lagging now and their advertised IRC is impossible. codenamerevolution's servers are still melting down.

I think this is officially an event now.

[quote name='evilmax17']We don't even have confirmation of it starting yet. It could've been delayed a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

from last I saw, it may be pushed to 9pm

AIM Chatroom: CAGWii

Codenamerevolution says to go to their chat room for news. Where the fuck is their chat room?

Foolman, you bastard. ;)

[quote name='botticus']AIM Chatroom: CAGWii

Codenamerevolution says to go to their chat room for news. Where the fuck is their chat room?

Foolman, you bastard. ;)[/QUOTE]

I put their IRC in there... that's where you need to go.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm an idiot and barely use AIM (since I hate using it), so how do I find the chatroom?[/quote]
Click on File, new chat, type in your user name, and type in the name of the chat room.

bread's done
Back