Wii $250 - Nov 19th - The Nintendo 2-Day Press Event Thread!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm an idiot and barely use AIM (since I hate using it), so how do I find the chatroom?[/QUOTE]

You should have a "Go To Chat" option on the tool bar... then type in "CAGWii" in the box.

Someone invite me via AIM (Zeiganfreid).

I won't be around for long but given the rumor stuff isn't going to appear for a few hours, I'll return.

[quote name='Strell']Someone invite me via AIM (Zeiganfreid).

I won't be around for long but given the rumor stuff isn't going to appear for a few hours, I'll return.[/QUOTE]

i think I invited you, I don't really know. :lol:

To join if you're on trillian, highlight your own nick on your buddy list, click invite to chat room, and change the chat to "Retrograding".

hey-- can't you invite yourself on AIM? If so, what's the room name? :bouncy:

[quote name='tayaf69']still waiting![/QUOTE]

I know... the anticipation is mounting. And yet Strell's gone to make it with his special lady friend, mykevermin's rollerderbying, shipwreck and wombat are both playing Lego Star Wars... Life's a mystery!

I wanted to wait for this but I have to go work out (college gym gets really crowded in an hour). Be back later. :cry:

[quote name='alongx']How is there 5 pages of bullshit already when the JP event doesn't start for another 30 minutes?[/quote]
Dude...you should see the PA boards...

Holy shit...they are going insane over there. I can't even imagine what that would look like in one room.

Damn AIM chat fullness bullshit, if I'm going to wait for this stuff it might as well be with a bunch of other nerds...

[quote name='evilmax17']I believe that's Japanese for "live video feed".[/quote]

I'm gonna say this once again and maybe this will kill the debate.

THAT IS NOT THE LIVE VIDEO FEED!!

The fact that it says 060607 - June 7th, 2006 - in the link should be a dead giveaway. Another giveaway should be the fact that you can fast forward on that video (the video is 1.5 hours in length, the conference was scheduled to start 24 minutes ago), AND it cuts to people playing with the Wii. It's not the conference video!

[quote name='spoo']Anyone know japanese?

NM[/QUOTE]

I'm not fluent yet, but I understand every few words.

Here's what I can make out:

"Yankee imperialists . . . . Re-Creat Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere . . . . Americans have very large penis . . . . . Godzilla."

That's it for now. I left my dictionary in my office. I'll get back to you soon, though.

10:20 AM: The press are all inside now. There's a LOT of buzz in the air. If Nintendo don't announce date and price today, I think the Internet may implode. Stay tuned and keep refreshing for our live blog coverage.

[quote name='spoo']Its an old press event false alarm..[/quote]
My apologies. I got pretty excited and just posted it without thinking. I feel stupid and ashamed.

[quote name='gunm']It took over 40 minutes just to get the press into the conference area?[/QUOTE]

The Japanese are known for their inefficiency.

Well I guess that invite didn't work, I swear I pushed the right button....stupid trillian

Anyway, yay for long intros and what not.

bread's done
Back