Wii Fit - Gen. Discussion & Info - What's your Fit age?

I don't have great posture :cry:

Real Age: 27
WiiFit Age: 39

BMI, it was like 30.28, I am obese!!!!

Oh, well. I am at 203lbs, down from 270lbs

First thing I tried was Yoga, I liked it. Getting used to the aerobics was fun as well. I think it is a nice compliment to my gym routine. Makes me concentrate on muscles that don't get a ton of work.

[quote name='mephitical']Put in another 45-minutes this evening. I tried Yoga for the first time. I've always made fun of Yoga and Pilates people, but I have to say I can already see the appeal. Some of these streches and excersizes work so many muscles at once it's crazy. I got my Wii Fit age to within a year of my actual age.[/QUOTE]

QFT about Yoga. I think I'll go to the yoga class at my college this week (there is a flat fee for all fitness classes and a friend is teaching cycling so I've already paid it).

My age: 22
Wii fit age: 28
BMI: 47.58

Put in 75 minutes game time today, really enjoying it. This game is perfect for my two non-gym days of the week, and in case of rain.

Despite my fiance trying to turn me away from buying this, I ended up getting it on the 21st.

My real age is 23, my Wii Fit age was 29 at first, but now down to 27. My BMI is roughly/just a tiny bit under 18, so I'm working on building muscle to gain some weight and generally help me get more strength/energy.

[quote name='Strell']So will places have this in stock tomorrow? I imagine I'd have to get there right as the store opens.[/quote]

The game came out earlier this week, so its in stock now...

[quote name='Bezerker']The game came out earlier this week, so its in stock now...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if all the places are sold out already, then that doesn't help me.

I'm asking if anyone knows if B&M retailers will have restocks tomorrow. That'll motivate me to get up and grab one at 10 in the morning, or whenever most places open up. Specifically, Best Buy.

While I'm at it, if someone could link me to the Best Buy 10% coupon, I'd appreciate it. Though I do think I've got the actual one somewhere.

i'm pretty sure it's in the target ad for tomorrow, which would seem to indicate they'll have some in stock... but i guess they could have not anticipated its popularity and haven't been holding stock for the ad.

I've got a question. Does anyone know the distance of the Island Lap? I jog half a mile a few days a week and that takes me about 15 minutes, and I was just curious how that stacks up to the Island Lap.

[quote name='Javil']I've got a question. Does anyone know the distance of the Island Lap? I jog half a mile a few days a week and that takes me about 15 minutes, and I was just curious how that stacks up to the Island Lap.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it's about a mile. The exercise is 10 minutes long. I could be wrong, but to me, it feels like a mile. MAYBE it's a 1/2 :shrug:

I unlocked free run. You can set it to 10, 20 or 30 minutes and just go running. That's pretty neat actually. As you play the game, it def developes into a pretty decent workout tool. I know, I know.. it's hard to think of this game as a GOOD WORK OUT TOOL (especially to the gym rats)..but still. I unlocked 30 reps of jacknifes ^__^ 20 is just bout kickin my ass.

I def like how the replay value of the game determines what your capable of.. I hope that made sense to other people and not just to me ;]

Got my Wii Fit Age down to 34 today (was 38 yesterday). Also, apparently I lost a pound. But that is reasonable as I did some heavy yard work today and was probably dehydrated.

The boys seem to be enjoying it more now - my 5 year-old is actually doing some of the strength training exercises as I type.

[quote name='lilboo']I have a feeling it's about a mile. The exercise is 10 minutes long. I could be wrong, but to me, it feels like a mile. MAYBE it's a 1/2 :shrug:

I unlocked free run. You can set it to 10, 20 or 30 minutes and just go running. That's pretty neat actually. As you play the game, it def developes into a pretty decent workout tool. I know, I know.. it's hard to think of this game as a GOOD WORK OUT TOOL (especially to the gym rats)..but still. I unlocked 30 reps of jacknifes ^__^ 20 is just bout kickin my ass.

I def like how the replay value of the game determines what your capable of.. I hope that made sense to other people and not just to me ;][/QUOTE]I see. I was thinking maybe half or a quarter. I wonder how much more beneficial actually jogging is compared to jogging in place. The Island Lap definitely makes me sweat; but if I actually jog half a mile around the park, I'm completely out of breath and my heart feels like it's going to explode out of my chest. :p

I'm on my second day, and I haven't touched Strength Training yet. I tried the push-ups, and I got frustrated because my hands were sweaty and kept slipping.

Well I have to say I did pick this up and everyone in my family is enjoying it. My wife has played for around 30 minutes a day, same for me and my son. I do believe we will play this as long as Wii Sports (which we still play). Good game and great idea.:applause:

I unlocked the jack knife challenge yesterday, and the description just scares me right now. Has anyone tried the challenges yet?

The advanced step aerobics is pretty confusing the first time through it, adding kicks, claps, and turn steps. Yeesh. But the boxing is one of my favorites right now. I got the advanced 6 minute workout yesterday (after unlocking the first level earlier in the session), and am really looking forward to trying it later today.

My Real Age: 21
My WiiFit Age: 26
My BMI: 21.9X (I forget what the exact decimal point was)

After playing it for two days, I managed to get my WiiFit age down to 20. The balance games are more fun than I thought. I've been playing that section more so than any other one.

so i figured id go all out on this, run, eat right, all the good stuff. I ended up gaining 8 pounds in 2 days. I still need to lose 50 pounds, make that 58.

[quote name='Tecka']so i figured id go all out on this, run, eat right, all the good stuff. I ended up gaining 8 pounds in 2 days. I still need to lose 50 pounds, make that 58.[/quote]

You have to take into consideration your weight changes at different times of the day. You might not have gained anything.

Also got this a few days ago and I was very skeptical at first but I really enjoy it. I look forward to using it more.

My first day stats:
Real Age - 26
WiiFit Age - 34

I'm really starting to hate Nintendo. There now just making games for nursing homes instead of fanboys. And it will never stop because there rolling in the money now. My wii is dangerously close to ebay. I want a real "gamertag" like structure soon. And I'll be going outside to get exercise.

[quote name='jedi0077']I'm really starting to hate Nintendo. There now just making games for nursing homes instead of fanboys. And it will never stop because there rolling in the money now. My wii is dangerously close to ebay. I want a real "gamertag" like structure soon. And I'll be going outside to get exercise.[/quote]

I can totally see why you needed to post that! Awesome! :roll:

Also, Nintendo does have a game coming out that you might be interested in. It's called "Wii Can Spell" Supposedly, it teaches you the difference between "there" and "they're". Imagine the possibilities!

picked this up at Target this morning....haven't done much cause we had a fun filled day lined up at Sea World...but....initial reading

Real Age: 30
WiiFit Age: 28

Okay, the Advanced Rythym Boxing game is awesome. I did it twice today, at about 8 minutes each time. Very fun, very intense, but I can't quite get the dodge to register right. Does anyone have any tips?

I unlocked the 6 minute version of boxing, but I didn't do it tonight. What's different? The beginner is kinda boring. I'm hoping it gets really intense?

And BTW, fuck this game. :whistle2:x
I gained 5.5lbs since Saturday. I missed ONE day and my big ass gained 5.5lbs :rofl:
I think tomorrow I'm going to use my extension things to see if that's the problem. I'm not sure, as the first few times I got on it, my weight was pretty accurate.

You don't gain 5.5lbs (FAT or MUSCLE) in 2 fuckin days :rofl: I always use the "light clothes" option, but maybe I was wrong tonight. I have a tshirt on with mesh shorts. Oh, and underwear. I'm assuming that equals 2lbs?! :shrug:

[quote name='lilboo']I unlocked the 6 minute version of boxing, but I didn't do it tonight. What's different? The beginner is kinda boring. I'm hoping it gets really intense?

And BTW, fuck this game. :whistle2:x
I gained 5.5lbs since Saturday. I missed ONE day and my big ass gained 5.5lbs :rofl:
I think tomorrow I'm going to use my extension things to see if that's the problem. I'm not sure, as the first few times I got on it, my weight was pretty accurate.

You don't gain 5.5lbs (FAT or MUSCLE) in 2 fuckin days :rofl: I always use the "light clothes" option, but maybe I was wrong tonight. I have a tshirt on with mesh shorts. Oh, and underwear. I'm assuming that equals 2lbs?! :shrug:[/quote]

Stop eating all those cookies, fatty mcfat fat. :razz:

I'm curious how they do the Wii Fit age. I'm 5'11, about 140, in good shape, my tests came out fairly normal, and I still got hit with a fit age of 40 (I'm 30). Just thought it was interesting. Almost like they knew if they gave me an age of 30, I'd stop using the damn thing immediately. I think I'm slow on the movements and it translates bad to my age.

I don't think I have mentioned it yet, but god damn, strength training is killer. I did lunges and jacknives like two or three days ago, and my thighs are still killing me going up and down stairs. My sides were aching till yesterday.

[quote name='botticus']I don't think I have mentioned it yet, but god damn, strength training is killer. I did lunges and jacknives like two or three days ago, and my thighs are still killing me going up and down stairs. My sides were aching till yesterday.[/quote]

Good to know that these work. I still haven't tried too much strength training, or just did a little yoga so far. I'm not ready for the pain yet. I do enjoy the other games a lot.

[quote name='lilboo']And BTW, fuck this game. :whistle2:x

You don't gain 5.5lbs (FAT or MUSCLE) in 2 fuckin days :rofl: I always use the "light clothes" option, but maybe I was wrong tonight. I have a tshirt on with mesh shorts. Oh, and underwear. I'm assuming that equals 2lbs?! :shrug:[/QUOTE]Same here. I lost two lbs. on my second day and gained four on my third. Let us know how those extenders work out for you. I would've put them on myself by now, but I'm afraid it'll tell me I'm actually 20 lbs. heavier (I hadn't weighed myself in over a year before this.) :lol:

[quote name='Javil']Same here. I lost two lbs. on my second day and gained four on my third. Let us know how those extenders work out for you. I would've put them on myself by now, but I'm afraid it'll tell me I'm actually 20 lbs. heavier (I hadn't weighed myself in over a year before this.) :lol:[/quote]

I had the exact same problem of my weight going back and forth. I put on the extenders and it finally stayed constant. Everything works great now!

[quote name='lilboo']I unlocked the 6 minute version of boxing, but I didn't do it tonight. What's different? The beginner is kinda boring. I'm hoping it gets really intense?[/QUOTE]

It says that it's 6 minutes, but both times i did it, I got credits for 8 minutes. They randomize the patterns (the order that he calls them, not the moves in the patterns), as well as adding step back patterns and dodges. I can't always get the dodges to register which is a bit annoying. Watching the trainer, you make a kind of duck and swoop motion, in an arc, to the left or right. He also seems to be doing some hooks too, but the nunchuck doesn't pick them up right, so I have to throw a straight punch.

So now a pattern with a step back might look like this:
Right foot step forward
Right Left
Block
Left foot step back
Right Left
Block
Left foot step forward
Left Right
Block
Right foot step back
Left Right
Block

A dodge pattern looks like this:
Right foot step forward
Right Left
Dodge Left
Dodge Right
Right
Block

I really enjoy these, but I've also really enjoyed taking karate classes (until I wrecked my knee), and Tae Bo videos. I had started to work up a sweat from the first 8 minutes, but the second rep was great. Stepping down off of the board to punch (especially with the extenders) feels a little weird, but remember to twist with your punches and you can work your hips and abs too.

On another note, the final balance game is... different.

For a game where you're supposed to relax and focus, I was way too tense from the sounds around me.

There's someone in the house!
He's getting clsoer!
We're all going to die! Oh noes!

That def seems really fun. Is the advance the highest or is there one more mode to unlock?
I'll have to try it tonight :)

AND YES, that last balance game is shitty. Stupid, and silly.
I was LOL'in @ the penguin game!!
Even that bubble game kinda grew on me.

I'm still debating whether I want to open this up or not.....I see EBAY is still selling decent. I used my GameRush credit, so it was cheap for me.

Thought that was yesterday's Ellen? I'm only saying that cause I heard about it yesterday. This is my first time seeing it and it's everything I hoped it would be. The two ladies hugging was inspirational.

[quote name='lilboo']
You don't gain 5.5lbs (FAT or MUSCLE) in 2 fuckin days :rofl: I always use the "light clothes" option, but maybe I was wrong tonight. I have a tshirt on with mesh shorts. Oh, and underwear. I'm assuming that equals 2lbs?! :shrug:[/QUOTE]
You can, not fat/muscle but poop and water. Lot of sodium makes you retain water too. Weigh yourself before and after you take a crap. I'll guarantee you'll be a couple pounds lighter. Maybe more if you try really hard.

Clothes can weigh a couple pounds. Shoes add about 5 or so. Maybe Wii Fit is telling you to play naked. Its hitting on you.

[quote name='InuFaye']This was on ellen this morning.[/quote]OK, I would totally be joining these women in jumping up and down and screaming with glee if I got a free Wii. And then it would slowly dawn on me that, my God, I'm at a taping of the Ellen Degeneres Show. I would then proceed to OD on antidepressants.

[quote name='lilboo']That def seems really fun. Is the advance the highest or is there one more mode to unlock?
I'll have to try it tonight :)[/QUOTE]

pant.... pant
Yeah, there's an expert mode. It claims to be 10 minutes, but I clocked in at 13 when I finished. It's all the same moves as advanced, but I think they sped it up just a little.

[quote name='eugaet']OK, I would totally be joining these women in jumping up and down and screaming with glee if I got a free Wii. And then it would slowly dawn on me that, my God, I'm at a taping of the Ellen Degeneres Show. I would then proceed to OD on antidepressants.[/QUOTE]

Leaving me the perfect opportunity to steal your Wii!

My wii fit is getting dirty fast. I just got it today and it is already getting dirty. If the skin keeps in clean, it might be a good investment.

Also, my wii fit age is 27 though I'm fat by my bmi. My mii has a Mario belly on him now.

[quote name='62t']anyone got a Silicone skin for it? Is it necessary?[/quote]

I have one, but I'm not a fan of it - it tends to slip.

I was thinking about getting a sleeve (or condom if you will) for my balance board because of dirt and sweat (even though we do wear socks) but if it slips...

By the way you said poop *7th grade giggle*:lol:

[quote name='CouRageouS']You can, not fat/muscle but poop and water. [/quote]

you should probably be able to clean off the top of the board with some regular cleaner you have around your house pretty easily without damaging the board. Its a solid piece of hard plastic on the top so it shouldnt be to much of an issue. Secondly if your just wearing socks on the thing(which I'd reccommend) how is it getting that dirty?

I want these very very much.

e1d8_1.JPG

I always wear socks when playing Wii Fit. I would love the Wii Fit socks. My Wii Fit age is 23 as of this morning, yet I gained weight in comparison to yesterday.

But I guess that's because....I've had some...body problems the last 3 days. Yeah...that should work.

Thought boo might get a kick out of this

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl4KMyoE3Wk[/media]

That's actually how I feel after some push ups and planks.

[quote name='PhoenixT']you should probably be able to clean off the top of the board with some regular cleaner you have around your house pretty easily without damaging the board. Its a solid piece of hard plastic on the top so it shouldnt be to much of an issue. Secondly if your just wearing socks on the thing(which I'd reccommend) how is it getting that dirty?[/quote]

I typically wipe off the top of the board w/ a damp (read: thoroughly wrung out) paper towel.

As for how the top of your board can get dirty while wearing socks, walk around yours house in socks only then take a look at the footbed - you're picking up any dirt that's on the floor, carpet, etc, and transferring some of that over to the board surface. Really though, if the board is getting extremely dirty, perhaps it's time to put away the Wii Fit and spend a few hours mopping the floor and vacuuming/deep cleaning the carpets.

bread's done
Back