Wii Fit - Gen. Discussion & Info - What's your Fit age?

[quote name='lilboo']Either way the board will get dirty. Mr Clean magic eraser = solution.[/quote]

Oh heck yeah love those things!

[quote name='lilboo']So.. when you're done push ups or doing the plank, you have the urge to eat the balance board?
Craig, that doesn't seem every stable to me :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Well I usually hate the thing because of the pain it put me through, and I'm fat so I'm always hungry?

I'm sorry I just thought it was a funny way of expressing my frustration of being out of shape.

I'll never be as witty as you or Strell :cry:

Wait. If your mad at push ups and the plank..just WAIT until you see some of the ridiculous shit you unlock.
I think I nearly put myself in a wheel chair from that Yoga pose "The Dance"
^ GTFO

I was so mad last night I was running around my apartment lookng for a donut. :bomb:

[quote name='62t']anyone got a Silicone skin for it? Is it necessary?[/QUOTE]
If/when I get the board, I'll definitely get the skin. To put it bluntly my feet get really dirty. I don't really wear shoes if I don't have to :lol: It's in my Pacific Islander nature I guess. And I don't want foot prints on a white board. They really should have made the top of the board black or gray.

[quote name='CouRageouS']If/when I get the board, I'll definitely get the skin. To put it bluntly my feet get really dirty. I don't really wear shoes if I don't have to :lol: It's in my Pacific Islander nature I guess. And I don't want foot prints on a white board. They really should have made the top of the board black or gray.[/quote]

wii rule 1: every accessory must bewhite

I put on a clean pair of socks before getting on the wiifit board. Unless the Silicone skin makes the board really slippy i will probably get that

I saw those Wii Fit socks in an online review today and immediately started to want them for the little rubber grips on the bottom. Then I remembered that when I went into the hospital in February, they gave me a pair to wear (and take home) that had those. Now I just have to find them. I remember putting on my coat a week later and they were in the pocket for some reason. Anesthesia does weird things to you. :)

I have a wonderful image of everyone here working out on their Balance Boards wearing nothing but little white socks with rubber grippers on the bottom.

I exercise barefoot and after a week have not noticed any dirt on my board, but then again I also wash my feet.

this game suck.... if i want exercise i would go buy treadmill. i am sellin my copy pm me if ur interested ok??also it nothing like wii sport like every1 say.

[quote name='p1e1p1s1']this game suck.... if i want exercise i would go buy treadmill. i am sellin my copy pm me if ur interested ok??also it nothing like wii sport like every1 say.[/QUOTE]

You're right this game suck bad. If I want [to] exercise I'll go to [a] real gym like normal people. You should be sellin[g] your copy so not worth it. Everyone knows it nothing like wii sport like every[one] says

There you go - I think that's what you meant. Glad to help.

[quote name='p1e1p1s1']this game suck.... if i want exercise i would go buy treadmill. i am sellin my copy pm me if ur interested ok??also it nothing like wii sport like every1 say.[/QUOTE]

And here I was thinking the school system is failing.

My Fit age is 36, and I'm 17. 30 minutes in, and I feel like killing myself. I'm doubting I'll actually stick with it. In between breaks I drink a Coke, which makes everything I did useless.

Hey, wow. I actually got a Fit Age of 20 :shock:
What exactly qualifies your age.. just those 2 tests that the board gives you?

Or is it everything.. weight + COB + 2 tests?

[quote name='lilboo']Hey, wow. I actually got a Fit Age of 20 :shock:
What exactly qualifies your age.. just those 2 tests that the board gives you?

Or is it everything.. weight + COB + 2 tests?[/quote]

It's everything.

The tests do have a great deal to do with, though, considering that there are certain tests I've been worse at than others and those days it gives me a higher Fit Age than normal days. Like, much higher. I've had it vacillate roughly 10 years depending on the balance tests.

The one thing I don't like about the board is it's too small. My feet are hanging off the edge most of the time, and they sure as hell don't fit inside the squares. It seems like something that could have been avoided if they just left it a complete rectangle instead of trying to make it look cool.

[quote name='Okari']The one thing I don't like about the board is it's too small. My feet are hanging off the edge most of the time, and they sure as hell don't fit inside the squares. It seems like something that could have been avoided if they just left it a complete rectangle instead of trying to make it look cool.[/quote]
What size shoe do you wear? I wear a 13 and my feet don't hang off. I prefer the rectangle because it allows a wider stance when both feet need to be on the board.

[quote name='mephitical']What size shoe do you wear? I wear a 13 and my feet don't hang off. I prefer the rectangle because it allows a wider stance when both feet need to be on the board.[/quote]

I'm size 12. Now that I've gotten the hang of it, my feet don't hang off as much, but it feels awkward having an inch or so out of the squares. I like the rectangle as well. What I meant was the arcs they put on the sides.

I finally got my sister to buy a Wii. She already loved wii sports and fell in love with wii fit. Why can't we get at least a free VC game for referrals?

because if Nintendo was really serious about the VC they would make more storage options for the system available. Also they don't really seem to want or need any referrals from us the system stays sold out almost 90% of the time anyway. Oh I unlocked the 6 minute version of the rhythm boxing game man that one gets rough. The right,left dodge,dodge right style patterns kick my butt also the step forward right right,block, step back right right throws off my rhythm as well. Pretty good workout though ^_^.

I lost 3.1lbs today :lol:
My ORIGINAL goal was 10lbs. I'm FINALLY back to losing weight, even though my fuckin goal NOW is 13lbs :lol: :cry:

I am def noticing a change in flexibility. I had a hard time touching my toes, now I can do it a bit easier. I'm feelin like my back FEELS a bit straighter/stronger? I really don't know what's going on, I might even be developing MS for all I know :lol: I just know I DO feel different. :wheelchair:

So what kind of routine do you have? If you have one. I usually start off with the island run or yoga. Today I woke up, got on and did about 5-6 yoga exercises...it was actually pretty refreshing.. I think I might get on and do my body test/yoga every morning from now on, and of course do the rest later on after work.

My wii fit age is +11... I have a BMI of like 26% but my fat % is less than 10 so its not a good judge for all body types like others have said. From a fairly active person's perspective, the game is ok for an intro to exercise but won't cut calories like ddr HIIT.

I have to do girl pushups too as It won't sense me being off the machine when I try to do a regular push up.

5'10 @ 180 and less fat than when my signature picture was taken.

Hope some adventure games that can make good use of the board come out.

Hello everyone! OK I'm the "Newbie!" Has anyone taken their Wii Fit and used it on another Wii console? Unfortunately, I took mine one day after I received it. I'm at my daughters and brought it with me and put it on her console. After 3 hours worth of exercises and my hard work, I went home 2 days ago only to find out none of it was anywhere to be found. So, I had to start over. I lost all my "NEW" activities to do and my weight progress. I am back to my daughters and left my Wii fit at home. Is there anyway to save your progress from one console to another?

[quote name='Aurelia']Hello everyone! OK I'm the "Newbie!" Has anyone taken their Wii Fit and used it on another Wii console? Unfortunately, I took mine one day after I received it. I'm at my daughters and brought it with me and put it on her console. After 3 hours worth of exercises and my hard work, I went home 2 days ago only to find out none of it was anywhere to be found. So, I had to start over. I lost all my "NEW" activities to do and my weight progress. I am back to my daughters and left my Wii fit at home. Is there anyway to save your progress from one console to another?[/QUOTE]

Hey :)
When you put the game into your Wii, it creates a save file. Then, your Mii will be your profile thats apart of that save file.
Sadly, the Wii is an asshole and it does not allow for you to bring your save data to other consoles. Some games you can't even save a back up copy of your save data on an SD card.

When you go to a friends house with it, and load it in THEIR system..it creates a whole new save file just for their system. If you ever bring your Wii Fit somewhere (or any game) and you want to keep credit, your gonna have to do something ridiculous: Take your game(s) AND console with you.

This sounds like a pain in the ass, and your right. But sadly, that's the only thing you can do.

Hey, you got some exercise.. not a total loss ;)

[quote name='lilboo']Hey :)
When you put the game into your Wii, it creates a save file. Then, your Mii will be your profile thats apart of that save file.
Sadly, the Wii is an asshole and it does not allow for you to bring your save data to other consoles. Some games you can't even save a back up copy of your save data on an SD card.

When you go to a friends house with it, and load it in THEIR system..it creates a whole new save file just for their system. If you ever bring your Wii Fit somewhere (or any game) and you want to keep credit, your gonna have to do something ridiculous: Take your game(s) AND console with you.

This sounds like a pain in the ass, and your right. But sadly, that's the only thing you can do.

Hey, you got some exercise.. not a total loss ;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much! To bad Nintendo couldn't have made it easy for us with all the technology they have!

No problem! I (and everyone else) agree completely. They try to make things "more simple" with the Wii, and yet we've all had nothing but problems/confusion :(

[quote name='lilboo']No problem! I (and everyone else) agree completely. They try to make things "more simple" with the Wii, and yet we've all had nothing but problems/confusion :([/QUOTE]
My daughter bought me the Wii for my birthday and the Wii fit for Mother's Day. I've only had the Wii for 1 month and got totally addicted to it! (You have to get "Williams Pinball!") So excited when I got the Wii Fit; and then disappointment hit! I'm not a "true gamer". The last video game we bought the kids was "Intellivision". And I still have that with 30+ games and voice synthesizer. It's been boxed for years, but it still works! Took it out @ Christmas. Memories!

Then you should check out the Virtual Console, there's a ton of old/classic games waiting to be purchased ;)
(Check out the thread in the Wii forum, there's a sticky and the thread is created by me)

I finally did the 'Free Run' today while watching American Dad. That's really a treat, I like that A LOT.
I only did 10 minutes but I ended up running 1.37 miles. I wonder how accurate that is?
I only 2 starred it, too :( I'm guessing 1.5 would have been 3 and possibly 2 miles = 4 star? :shrug:

I tried the SUPER MEGA KILLER Hula Hoop.. the 6 minute Super Hula Hoop :(. I four starred it though!! I'm still in pain, but I did it! :cool:

[quote name='lilboo']I finally did the 'Free Run' today while watching American Dad. That's really a treat, I like that A LOT.
I only did 10 minutes but I ended up running 1.37 miles. I wonder how accurate that is?
I only 2 starred it, too :( I'm guessing 1.5 would have been 3 and possibly 2 miles = 4 star? :shrug:

I tried the SUPER MEGA KILLER Hula Hoop.. the 6 minute Super Hula Hoop :(. I four starred it though!! I'm still in pain, but I did it! :cool:[/quote]
You're hitting this way harder than I am (doesn't help that I had minor foot surgery and an elbow injury in the last two weeks). You're going to be completely ripped in a week if you keep up at this pace. I'm totally sore after an hour of mixing it up each day, and I have not even attempted the crazy fanatic exercises yet.

:rofl:
Yeah but I gained 2.2lbs overnight because I didn't shit this morning. I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT Wii FIT :bomb:

So what haven't you tried yet? :whistle2:k

[quote name='lilboo']I finally did the 'Free Run' today while watching American Dad. That's really a treat, I like that A LOT.

I tried the SUPER MEGA KILLER Hula Hoop.. the 6 minute Super Hula Hoop :(. I four starred it though!! I'm still in pain, but I did it! :cool:[/QUOTE]
Good for you!!! I had those unlocked before I had to start over again!! But, I never felt ready to do them. I ran past the mii and followed the dog. Little things make mii happy! :) Do you think they'll come out with a new disc once this takes off where you can click on a multiple of activities to do all at once and not have to stop after each one?

[quote name='Aurelia']Good for you!!! I had those unlocked before I had to start over again!! But, I never felt ready to do them. I ran past the mii and followed the dog. Little things make mii happy! :) Do you think they'll come out with a new disc once this takes off where you can click on a multiple of activities to do all at once and not have to stop after each one?[/quote]

I hope so. They totally need to find a way to implement a multiple activity set where you aren't stuck clicking through menus every minute. I like the activities that last at least a few minutes.

My wife likes advance step and hula hoop quite a bit. I stick to balance games because I look ridiculous trying to hula hoop. Also, the skiing in we ski is much more relaxing than wii fit. I hate missing one stick and ruining the whole run.

[quote name='rothgar24'] They totally need to find a way to implement a multiple activity set where you aren't stuck clicking through menus every minute. I like the activities that last at least a few minutes.

[/QUOTE]This was Mrs. Shipwreck's biggest complaint about Wii Fit, and I agree with both of you (and any others who brought it up in this thread). I know its a long shot, but I wonder if a Nintendo update to the Fit Channel could address this issue, since you can't really update or patch Wii games.

I would probably pay up to 1000 Wii Points(less would be better of course) for a fitness trainer with customizable workouts though. C'mon wiiware developers!

Two things.

1) I woke up and I felt kinda groggy. I did like 5 of those yoga exercises and I feel decent right now. Stretching exercises in the morning = good. I def feel GOOD right now. So I recommend others to try just doing that first thing in the morning. Maybe you do all of your Wii Fit workouts in the morning, I don't know. I just think if you normally DON'T.. try and squeeze a few minutes to try the yoga. Then tell me if you feel better ^_^

2) My trainer def had a different hairstyle. :whistle2:s What the hell? Also, I did one exercises and the female trainer came up (I have the male) and she goes "I'll be filling in for your trainer today". It was only for ONE exercise. So, was she filling in for him so he can go get his hair done? :lol:

[quote name='lilboo']2) My trainer def had a different hairstyle. :whistle2:s What the hell? Also, I did one exercises and the female trainer came up (I have the male) and she goes "I'll be filling in for your trainer today". It was only for ONE exercise. So, was she filling in for him so he can go get his hair done? :lol:[/quote]

I wondered about that! I dunno about the female filling in but I knew my trainer had more hair all of a sudden!

[quote name='lilboo']Two things.2) My trainer def had a different hairstyle. :whistle2:s What the hell? Also, I did one exercises and the female trainer came up (I have the male) and she goes "I'll be filling in for your trainer today". It was only for ONE exercise. So, was she filling in for him so he can go get his hair done? :lol:[/quote]

This happened to me too. But by the next day he was back to his normal hair cut. It'd be cool if you could customize your trainers look.

[quote name='lilboo']Two things.

1) I woke up and I felt kinda groggy. I did like 5 of those yoga exercises and I feel decent right now. Stretching exercises in the morning = good. I def feel GOOD right now. So I recommend others to try just doing that first thing in the morning. Maybe you do all of your Wii Fit workouts in the morning, I don't know. I just think if you normally DON'T.. try and squeeze a few minutes to try the yoga. Then tell me if you feel better ^_^

2) My trainer def had a different hairstyle. :whistle2:s What the hell? Also, I did one exercises and the female trainer came up (I have the male) and she goes "I'll be filling in for your trainer today". It was only for ONE exercise. So, was she filling in for him so he can go get his hair done? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I got the female trainer :)... HIIT? High intensity interval training, good stuff btw make sure you're getting enough water and rest to repair your body. I'm down for starting a wii fit weight loss thing if you want. I hit the gym about 5 days a week, but can add this to that it should show some results.

[quote name='chakan']This was Mrs. Shipwreck's biggest complaint about Wii Fit, and I agree with both of you (and any others who brought it up in this thread). I know its a long shot, but I wonder if a Nintendo update to the Fit Channel could address this issue, since you can't really update or patch Wii games.

I would probably pay up to 1000 Wii Points(less would be better of course) for a fitness trainer with customizable workouts though. C'mon wiiware developers![/quote]
I don't know that I would pay, since the content is already on the Wii Fit disc, but I've been wondering this since the start. Just like with the Mario Kart tournaments and channel, an update to the Wii Fit channel should be relatively easy to make the trainer assign full routines. The programming is already on the disc, the channel just needs to look at it a little differently to link them together.

just got this game and its not really for me. but my gf likes it and has been playing everyday. I think nintendo dropped the ball on online for this. it would have been great competing online with people. hula-hoop marathon anyone?

I have to say I think Wii fit has a use for almost anyone regardless of fitness level. I go to the gym around 5 to 6 times a week myself for the most part and I'm finding it good for a quick morning routine that normally wouldn't happen since most my free time is in the evening. Also the Yoga is particularly good for me. I can already tell my flexibility and posture is a bit better having used it a bit. I"m also a bit more concious of my posture which helps as well.

If you don't enjoy the game thats fine but don't knock it because you see it as a waste because you do "real exercise". Its got enough variety that almost anyone of any fitness level can find some use for it around 10 to 30 minutes a day.

Getting a copy tomorrow. I'm almost disappointed in myself for being sincerely excited, but eh. That feeling will pass.

I've lost ~12 lbs since getting Wii Fit. To be fair, that probably has more to do with going on a diet than the exercise, because I haven't been using it all THAT much, but I'm willing to be Nintendo's "Subway Jared" if they want.

As far as I know, none of us ever got our fat pants to pose with as triumphant F.A.G.s (Fit Ass Gamers).

Lately I've been really enjoying the "paired" yoga+exercises. It's the closest to an actual routine the game has, and when you mix them with aerobics you work up a hell of a sweat. Is anyone comfortable with the tightrope walk? I just don't get it - I can do it, but I'm really slow and can't get more than two stars.

bread's done
Back