Wii Pre-Order Thread - Facts, Rumors and Everything In Between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Some people have been asking about preordering the Wii. Right now there are two confirmed locations about where one can jump on the boat early.

B0009VXBAQ.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41617776_.jpg

1. Gamestop
For Previous Information on Pre-Order Deal for HAWAII ONLY - Refer to this post: this post
Conditions: Unknown
Start of Preorder: Unknown
Link: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/wii/wii_signup.asp?

2. Amazon (Thanks to bmarquardt for the Heads Up)
Conditions: Unknown
Start of Preorder: September 15th
Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009VXBAQ/

3. FYE
Conditions: Put down $50
Start of Preorder: Sometime during late spring 2006
Store Locations: http://shop.fye.com/StoreLocator.aspx

4. Lik-Sang.com
Conditions: No Money Down
1. Your pre-order is not binding and you can cancel at any time.
2. Once release details are known, you will receive an email that you need to confirm.
3. Should you decide to confirm, you will keep your position in the pre-order list.
4. Unit price and features are not confirmed and can change at any time.
5. Release date is not confirmed and might change.
6. The product is listed with a dummy price - your credit card is NOT charged.
7. All special pre-orders are limited to a maximum of 1 unit.
8. Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese.
9. Choices and changes are also allowed if several editions/colors are made available.
10. Once games and accessories are confirmed, you will be able to add them to your order.
Start of Preorder: I forgot ^^;
Link: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=351&products_id=6998&

I will update the post as more pre-orders (hopefully) start up. Good hunting!

[quote name='Bujdasz']Why would you reserve 3 anyways...to be a jerk?[/QUOTE]

For friends who don't believe in reserves but cry when they can't find one. They only held them for 24hours anyway.

[quote name='daroga']That's as false as it comes. Tax refund checks are not taxable income.

[/quote]

YES they are. I checked with a tax attorney to make sure. State income refunds may be different but at the federal level they are. However you only need to report them if you itemize your deductions.

[quote name='FantasiaWHT']YES they are. I checked with a tax attorney to make sure. State income refunds may be different but at the federal level they are. However you only need to report them if you itemize your deductions.[/quote]
My suggestion would be to not use that tax attorney.

Your income is taxed by all entities when your paycheck is cut unless you're a contractor or self-employed.

You pay taxes based on taxable events. Once taxes are paid, the event is no longer taxable.

The refund is based on the same taxable event as the original monies.

if you have a bad savings account rate, try hscbdirect.com. 5.05% APY. Thanks ridiculously high considering my PNCBank savings account was .35% yipee!

Anyways, on $5,000 average daily balance I make about $21 a month in interest. $21 bucks for doing absolutely nothing. I love it.

5.05% is higher than most money market accounts for crying out loud.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']My suggestion would be to not use that tax attorney.

Your income is taxed by all entities when your paycheck is cut unless you're a contractor or self-employed.

You pay taxes based on taxable events. Once taxes are paid, the event is no longer taxable.

The refund is based on the same taxable event as the original monies.[/QUOTE]

Federal tax refunds are not taxable. State tax refunds are taxable on the Federal level if you itemize your state and local tax withholdings on your individual tax return.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc405.html

[quote name='guinaevere']Why? At least you have one reserved which is what you want, right? [/quote]

Well, mainly because I didn't know about how FYE has done this before. I mean, I don't regret reserving it, I only regret not knowing FYE policy beforehand. That and I didn't ask if I could reserve a copy of Twilight Princess alongside it.

well my EB said if you preorder games they'll tell you when the wii preorders arrive... I guess since you can always cancel the preorders so it wouldnt hurt to preorder a few games.

I did some trade-ins tonight at Gamestop to reserve some games for Wii. I want to get a call when they start pre-ordering the system. I got a little bonus though. :):

$38 in base credit turned in $65.34

Mario and Luigi: PiT - $15 up to $21.45
Zelda: OoT + MQ (I'll rebuy OoT on Wii, disc was scratched anyway) - $20 base credit up to $28.60
Mr Driller: Drill Spirits-$3 turned into $15.29

I got the $10 bonus on 3 games, plus 30% from the GI coupon, plus 10% from the More Card. I don't think they're supposed to stack, but I'm not complaining.

Anyway, put $65 total spread out over:

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Now just start the system already, on the phone I was told starting in the beginning of October to call each day.

This isn't really on topic, but considering that this is where all my news happened, I might as well ask this here.

About 2 days ago, a family member recieved an odd call that was for me. I wasn't around though, so I was unable to recieve the call. The call came from the following number: 1-817-424-2000. I didn't think nothing of it, but I've now done a little more research on the number...

817 is Texas, and I know absolutely no one in Texas, at least no one that knows my phone number. So I called back the number, and it ended up being GameStop. I checked GameStop's website, and it ended up being their Corporate number.

So my question to anyone, especially employees of GameStop/EB, is if GameStop Corporate normally makes calls to customers, or for what reason they would even consider making a call?

This was a call directed to me, because it was a guy who specifically asked for me by name. But... I have no idea why GameStop Corporate would call me... ever (although considering recent events, I have one idea). So I'm baffled as to why GS Corporate would call me.

Ah, I think I got a call from that number too. If it was an automated call it was probably requesting feedback on your recent visit to GameStop. Just a quick touch-tone survey.

[quote name='hack'] So I called back the number, and it ended up being GameStop. I checked GameStop's website, and it ended up being their Corporate number. [/QUOTE]
Yes, when a person trades in games to EBGS, they are required to fill out some information including name and phone number. Part of this requirement is to ensure the integrity of the employees.

So it is not uncommon for EBGS corporate to make calls to those who have traded in games (or returned items) to "see how they were treated." In reality, they are making sure that the customer actually exists and that the transaction took place. And that the employees aren't giving credit to non-existant customers for non-existant merchandise (read: employees aren't faking transactions and giving themselves or friends cash or EBGS cards with store credit).

Ahhhh. Okay. Interesting. Thanks for the info. I was thinking something bad, like I was in trouble or some such.

Now I'm not worried to death. XD

[quote name='edallasplanet']When is the Gamestop Manager Conference?[/quote]

The Gamestop Manager's Conference is next weekend and ends on October 1st if I'm not mistaken.

Just got back from the Gamestop in Melvindale, MI. Told me they're gonna start taking Wii preorders in about a week and a half.

Just some quick info gotten from my local EB manager. (As always, take with a grain of salt.)

When I asked about the "preorder a game, get a call" thing, he's like, "Yeah, our District Manager doesn't want us to tell people that. We can't guarantee that every single person will get a call." I preordered a game regardless, but will still make my daily call to the store.

UGHH my GS is not taking preorders on Zelda for the Wii and my FYE is not taking preorders on the Wii system but i'd be #81 on the list to preorder the PS3 from the same FYE. I hate this shit.

[quote name='edallasplanet']Okay thats what I thought :)

My local EB is getting 6 PS3s and GAMESTOP is getting 8 or 9. Employees slipped and told me that. hhhaha[/quote]

They don't know that. There haven't been any emails stating how many each store was going to get.

[quote name='allout1986']The Gamestop Manager's Conference is next weekend and ends on October 1st if I'm not mistaken.[/quote]

Where is the conference? Grapevine, TX? (thats where the corporate headquarters are).

[quote name='Schroeder']I don't know if this matters to any of you, but it turns out the Wii will not be region free.

1up Story[/quote]

Can someone explain what region free means?

eLOT

[quote name='elot']Can someone explain what region free means?

eLOT[/quote]That means I won't be able to play Japanese/Euro games on my American Wii.

it is off subject but i thought i'd respond to the region free bit. it was confirmed originally but that has since changed, noe said wii will not be region free.

This may be a dumb question, but do you guys think when they start pre-orders, you can go when the store opens and get the pre-order in? Is it the type of thing where the SKU is added overnight and everything would be ready to go when all the stores open?

Would the employees know about it the day or days before or would they be finding out for the first time that day?

If so if we find out which day it is I'll get there right when they open.

[quote name='nintendospy']This may be a dumb question, but do you guys think when they start pre-orders, you can go when the store opens and get the pre-order in? Is it the type of thing where the SKU is added overnight and everything would be ready to go when all the stores open?

Would the employees know about it the day or days before or would they be finding out for the first time that day?

If so if we find out which day it is I'll get there right when they open.[/QUOTE]

preorders started today, sold out at my EB store in 4 hours.

[quote name='nintendospy']I did some trade-ins tonight at Gamestop to reserve some games for Wii. I want to get a call when they start pre-ordering the system. I got a little bonus though. :):

$38 in base credit turned in $65.34

Mario and Luigi: PiT - $15 up to $21.45
Zelda: OoT + MQ (I'll rebuy OoT on Wii, disc was scratched anyway) - $20 base credit up to $28.60
Mr Driller: Drill Spirits-$3 turned into $15.29

I got the $10 bonus on 3 games, plus 30% from the GI coupon, plus 10% from the More Card. I don't think they're supposed to stack, but I'm not complaining.

Anyway, put $65 total spread out over:

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Now just start the system already, on the phone I was told starting in the beginning of October to call each day.[/quote]

How did you turn $15 > $21.45 for Mario Luigi PiT?

[quote name='icecubedx5']How did you turn $15 > $21.45 for Mario Luigi PiT?[/QUOTE]
$15 base credit x 1.3 for the 30% coupon = $19.50 x1.1 for More card = $21.45

Mr. Driller is where the guy put the $10 bonus.

Had Crazy Taxi and Metroid Prime for GC to trade. Picked up
2x Project Snowblind PS2 (Circuit City 3.98)
2x R Racing Revolution (2.88 Sears)
Sega GT Jet Set Radio Future Twin pack XB (Gamestop 1.79)
Max Payne XB (Gamestop 2.69)
Crimson Skies XB (Gamestop 2.69)
Kabuki Warriors XB (Gamestop 2.69)
Project Gotham Racing XB (Gamestop 2.69)
Yanya Caballista PS2 (Gamestop 2.69)

Traded em all at a nearby EB, got 47.30 with the 10% on my store card included. Added that to the credit already on my card so now I have 148.50 instore plus Zelda for Wii paid for already. Not bad eh?

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']Had Crazy Taxi and Metroid Prime for GC to trade. Picked up
2x Project Snowblind PS2 (Circuit City 3.98)
2x R Racing Revolution (2.88 Sears)
Sega GT Jet Set Radio Future Twin pack XB (Gamestop 1.79)
Max Payne XB (Gamestop 2.69)
Crimson Skies XB (Gamestop 2.69)
Kabuki Warriors XB (Gamestop 2.69)
Project Gotham Racing XB (Gamestop 2.69)
Yanya Caballista PS2 (Gamestop 2.69)

Traded em all at a nearby EB, got 47.30 with the 10% on my store card included. Added that to the credit already on my card so now I have 148.50 instore plus Zelda for Wii paid for already. Not bad eh?[/quote]

what were the tradein values on those games?

I just went to an Gamestop today and there have no clue when they are starting preorders. So i guess its an update, but they told me to check like next week or two weeks from now. So i guess preorders aren't coming to Washington for some time.

[quote name='icecubedx5']How did you turn $15 > $21.45 for Mario Luigi PiT?[/QUOTE]

Actually, since he used the 30% GI coupon he *should* have turned the $15 into $25.11. Ie, (($15 x 1.3) + $3.33) x 1.1 = $25.11.

However, it looks like they simply added $10 to the cheapy game (the $3 one) instead of $3.33/$3.33/$3.34 to each game. The total works out to the same anyway. Basically, though, the reason he got so much more than $15 was the 30% GI coupon for preordering Wii games. I wish I had one of those :cry:.

[quote name='ChaosMan1014']what were the tradein values on those games?[/quote]

I also forgot to add that I traded in a non working Metroid Prime with Metroid Prime 2 bonus disc that I bought from the same store and lost the receipt for.

I will list base values plus 3=$10 offer and 10% on my card.

Metroid Prime w/ Bonus 1.50 which became 4.95
Crazy Taxi 4.00 became 7.70
Yanya Caballista City Skater 1.00 became 5.50
R.Racing Revolution 1.00 became 4.40
Project Snowblind 1.50 became 4.95
Crimson Skies 1.00 became 5.50
Project Gotham Racing 1.00 became 4.40
Max Payne 1.00 became 4.40
Kabuki Warriors 1.00 became 5.50

Total = 47.30

Add to 101.20 already on the card = 148.50

well I went to go preorder a game for each system so I would get a call for the preorder and staring at both lists, it doesnt seem like anything will really be available for launch that's worth getting. And the wii list in general is pretty paltry, I kind of ended up forcing myself to preorder Warioware (Goddamn where the hell is smash bros).

[quote name='Zoglog']well I went to go preorder a game for each system so I would get a call for the preorder and staring at both lists, it doesnt seem like anything will really be available for launch that's worth getting. And the wii list in general is pretty paltry, I kind of ended up forcing myself to preorder Warioware (Goddamn where the hell is smash bros).[/QUOTE]

um.......zelda?

Some people don't like Zelda, believe it or not (me included). Well, I did, but the last one I found interesting was LttP. I'll be waiting until Metroid gets released for my Wii.

I feel the same way. The last Zelda I liked was Link To The Past. Ocarina of Time was cheap and so was Majoras Mask. I have complete faith in this new Zelda though!

[quote name='edallasplanet']I feel the same way. The last Zelda I liked was Link To The Past. Ocarina of Time was cheap and so was Majoras Mask. I have complete faith in this new Zelda though![/quote]

I'm sorry, but I just had to reply to this. Ocarina of Time was cheap??? Have you even played it? theres a reason most gaming reviews gave it a perfect score. Its a different story if you just dont like that type of game, but OOT was just about the best game of that genre at the time, and even now it still stands as one of the best zelda and 3d platforming games out there.

[quote name='jack001']I'm sorry, but I just had to reply to this. Ocarina of Time was cheap??? Have you even played it? theres a reason most gaming reviews gave it a perfect score. Its a different story if you just dont like that type of game, but OOT was just about the best game of that genre at the time, and even now it still stands as one of the best zelda and 3d platforming games out there.[/QUOTE]

i completely agree.......and i seriously have a hard time understanding why ANYONE can not like the zelda series, best series ever

Saw this story over at Joystiq. NOA is saying that they will ship at least one million units for the North American launch. I guess that should make things a little easier. How many units did MS ship for the 360 launch in NA? 500,00?

Edit: These figures come from Nintendo of Canada, not NOA. Still, I should think they're valid.

[quote name='Birakon'] i seriously have a hard time understanding why ANYONE can not like the zelda series, best series ever[/QUOTE]
Everyone has different taste. Some people can't stand the color blue, and there's no need for any reason, it's just how we are.

What people have to recognize is that even though you personally don't like something, it doesn't mean the product isn't good. And vice versa.

As a quick example: for whatever reason, I really enjoyed Brute Force. But I realize that (aside from the Halo/Bungie engine) the game itself is crap.

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']Saw this story over at Joystiq. NOA is saying that they will ship at least one million units for the North American launch. I guess that should make things a little easier. How many units did MS ship for the 360 launch in NA? 500,00?

Edit: These figures come from Nintendo of Canada, not NOA. Still, I should think they're valid.[/QUOTE]
I think the Xbox 360 only sold like 330,000 in November last year, a million at launch is a big difference.

[quote name='megaseadramon']Does anyone know when gamecrazy is taking preorders store wide and not just at random ones?[/QUOTE]

Never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back