Wii Pre-Order Thread - Facts, Rumors and Everything In Between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Some people have been asking about preordering the Wii. Right now there are two confirmed locations about where one can jump on the boat early.

B0009VXBAQ.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41617776_.jpg

1. Gamestop
For Previous Information on Pre-Order Deal for HAWAII ONLY - Refer to this post: this post
Conditions: Unknown
Start of Preorder: Unknown
Link: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/wii/wii_signup.asp?

2. Amazon (Thanks to bmarquardt for the Heads Up)
Conditions: Unknown
Start of Preorder: September 15th
Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009VXBAQ/

3. FYE
Conditions: Put down $50
Start of Preorder: Sometime during late spring 2006
Store Locations: http://shop.fye.com/StoreLocator.aspx

4. Lik-Sang.com
Conditions: No Money Down
1. Your pre-order is not binding and you can cancel at any time.
2. Once release details are known, you will receive an email that you need to confirm.
3. Should you decide to confirm, you will keep your position in the pre-order list.
4. Unit price and features are not confirmed and can change at any time.
5. Release date is not confirmed and might change.
6. The product is listed with a dummy price - your credit card is NOT charged.
7. All special pre-orders are limited to a maximum of 1 unit.
8. Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese.
9. Choices and changes are also allowed if several editions/colors are made available.
10. Once games and accessories are confirmed, you will be able to add them to your order.
Start of Preorder: I forgot ^^;
Link: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=351&products_id=6998&

I will update the post as more pre-orders (hopefully) start up. Good hunting!

That GameStop conference ends Wednesday, and from what I've heard from my manager, they haven't decided anything yet. So Wednesday might be an interesting day for EB/GS.

[quote name='Diiz']Yeah, the only game showing in our system was the Tony Hawk one, but I haven't checked since Wednesday or so. We have a shitload of 360s left as well. Nintendo has been weird with the allocation numbers though, so maybe we'll get lucky...[/quote]

On the IAI screen, you can check to see what's in the whole computer system and not just in the werehouse computers. If you look on the screen, there should be an N in one of the options, if you put that to Y then you'll find all the items in all the systems. However, any item that is darkened out doesn't give you any info other than the short blurb on the right side.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Are you effing serious?[/QUOTE]

I've managed to wait a few months for the black DS Lite (Although I already have a regular DS, and I still haven't actually bought a Lite.)

I'm not in so much of a hurry I NEED a Wii right now. My major pull is Zelda, but I could live with GCN and get the Wii version later.

I'm not completely discounting buying a white one, but if I can wait a few months and get it in black, why the hell not?

well Considering the hardware Manuf required for the Wii, i'd assume the Wii will be much easier to get instead of the PS3 before holiday season. The main problem with the ps3 is the lack of Blue Lasers which are extremely new technology in of themselves being relased to the consumer electronics market. For profit it's better to bank on the PS3.

[quote name='sonderiaom']On the IAI screen, you can check to see what's in the whole computer system and not just in the werehouse computers. If you look on the screen, there should be an N in one of the options, if you put that to Y then you'll find all the items in all the systems. However, any item that is darkened out doesn't give you any info other than the short blurb on the right side.[/QUOTE]

Ah, right on. I haven't been there all that long, but I am familiar with the IAI option so I'll keep better tabs on it that way. Thanks ;)

Looks like I'm going to Best Buy if GS isn't taking pre-orders. I was planning on camping out at BB anyway since I assumed GS was bringing that required $50 trade in to the mainland.

Well I called two gamestops, one say oct 9th one day only and one doesn't know. So I guess the gamestop and eb games for the oct 9th might be because there wont be alot of people in the area who want a wii? Idk all I know if october 9th I got my mother going to EB games bright and early to preorder my wii and get me big deals (I am a college student and I have calculus at the time the mall opens and the one I am preordering at is about a 40 minute drive and with no car...).

[quote name='gorobo_zero']http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154128

looks like no pre-orders at EB or gamestop..

duh duh dun![/quote]
To dispel this again, that's a shoddy post by 1up. The source article says:
As a result, GameStop has not yet decided when, or even if, it will offer pre-orders for the new systems.
Sure, they may end up deciding not to take preorders, but for now there is no new information.

Just got back from talking to my friend and he says he is taking reserves on the 9th at his EB store. I gave him my money a few weeks ago to reserve my units.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Just got back from talking to my friend and he says he is taking reserves on the 9th at his EB store. I gave him my money a few weeks ago to reserve my units .[/quote]

I hope its the 9th... I will be at my gamestop at 6am.

[quote name='oasisboy']I hope its the 9th... I will be at my gamestop at 6am.[/QUOTE]

That would have worried me had I not had a inside man. Are people going to line up for reserves? It would suck to show up at 7 to see if there was a line only to see people with tents and shit.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']That would have worried me had I not had a inside man. Are people going to line up for reserves? It would suck to show up at 7 to see if there was a line only to see people with tents and shit.[/quote]I will be waiting till later this week to see if I can catch my store's manager on duty and do the same. Probably just throw $50 on a gift card (unless I can buy a gift card with my Edge card balance) and have him hold on to that and do a preorder for me.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so even reading that post above...im still not sure if they're saying you're GUARANTEED a WII on the day it comes out?[/QUOTE]

It's not clear, but it sounds like it just gets you a spot in line, so you'll get one as long as they get at least as many as you're number in. It's not clear if they are limiting the preorders to the number they are getting or not.

At the store I plan to acquire my systems, there is a contest setup for who can reserve the most systems. So with him telling me he's doing that I would imagine that they are taking preorders similar to 360 still in that they will take the preorder and that's your spot in line. If you are order # 10 and they only got 9 systems, your 1st in line for 2nd shipment.

[quote name='animemaniac14']i need to start finding a tent to go camp in the day b4 eb does pre-orders....[/quote]

Yep, do what Hack did. Figure out what day they are taking pre-order and GO EARLY. The higher you are on the pre-order list, the earlier you'll get the system.

Asked today at a GS and still no word on when pre-orders will be, at least in our area.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yep, do what Hack did. Figure out what day they are taking pre-order and GO EARLY. The higher you are on the pre-order list, the earlier you'll get the system.

Asked today at a GS and still no word on when pre-orders will be, at least in our area.[/quote]

Yup yup. Get there early.

And even if I don't care for the PS3, some good advice for those who want to pre-order the PS3:

Get there even earlier. As early as you can. Go. Now.*

*I don't really mean go this minute, but you get the message... hopefully.

[quote name='hack']Yup yup. Get there early.

And even if I don't care for the PS3, some good advice for those who want to pre-order the PS3:

Get there even earlier. As early as you can. Go. Now.*

*I don't really mean go this minute, but you get the message... hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really don't think I'm going to wait around for them to call and say they're taking pre-orders. As it is, I'll probably head to the mall at least an hour or so before EB opens on October 9th (assuming the rumors about that date actually pan out). It turns out I actually have a four day weekend from the 7th to the 10th so I won't have to worry about missing any of my classes either.

[quote name='gorobo_zero']http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154128

looks like no pre-orders at EB or gamestop..

duh duh dun![/QUOTE]

This sucks, but it ain't no biggie. I'll go the day of after hitting up BK and getting their 360 games. If I don't score one I can always wait until later to use my GS credit. Don't really need the Wii at lauch, especially since I'll already have a PS3 and 360 before the 19th, but I want to support Nintendo for the simple fact that the NES is what began my love for gaming.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Asked today at a GS and still no word on when pre-orders will be, at least in our area.[/QUOTE]

I plan on talking to spectreon about this. Maybe working for a GS in Texas right down the road from HQ he might have some info that others don't.

[quote name='chodax']that sucks, GS better at least have a midnight launch so i can wait outside there.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice, but man I will be drained after waiting on the PS3 for 12+ hours and then having to wait for the Wii. Don't get me wrong it will all be well worth it, but I never thought I'd ever experience a weekend in gaming such as this:p

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']Yeah, I really don't think I'm going to wait around for them to call and say they're taking pre-orders. As it is, I'll probably head to the mall at least an hour or so before EB opens on October 9th (assuming the rumors about that date actually pan out). It turns out I actually have a four day weekend from the 7th to the 10th so I won't have to worry about missing any of my classes either.[/quote]

LUCKY! i have to miss a class...i'm actually just going to park in the closest spot to EB and wait til it opens in the morning...but first i gotta go over there today and see if they're ACTUALLY TAKING pre-orders yet....`

Dear Brandon,

Sony's PlayStation 3 is only one month away, with its official release date set to November 11 in Japan and November 17 in the USA.

As of today, you'll find the PlayStation 3 and officially confirmed launch titles available for No Money Down Special-Preorder in our PlayStation 3 section.

For more information about ordering a PlayStation 3 at Lik-Sang.com, please follow the link below:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3895

If you alraedy have a pre-order, feel free to go to your My Account section and add your games to the list:

http://www.lik-sang.com/history.php?orders_id=576856

Here is a quick overview of the up-to-date confirmed launch titles:

o Genji : Kamui Souran (Japanese) (Item No. 9660)

o Mahjong Kakutou Club (Japanese) (Item No. 9661)

o Mobile Suit Gundam : Target In Sight (Japanese) (Item No. 9662)

o Resistance : Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi (Japanese) (Item No. 9663)

o Sega Golf Club (Japanese) (Item No. 9664)

o Ridge Racer 7 (Japanese) (Item No. 9665)

o F.E.A.R (US) (Item No. 9666)

o Madden NFL 07 (US) (Item No. 9667)

o Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (US) (Item No. 9668)

o Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (US) (Item No. 9669)

o Call of Duty 3 (US) (Item No. 9670)

o Genji : Days of the Blade (US) (Item No. 9671)

o MotorStorm (US) (Item No. 9672)

o NBA 07 (US) (Item No. 9673)

o Need for Speed Carbon (US) (Item No. 9674)

o NHL 2K7 (US) (Item No. 9675)

o Resistance : Fall Of Man (US) (Item No. 9676)

o The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (US) (Item No. 9677)

o Untold Legends : Dark Kingdom (US) (Item No. 9678)

The above games list (including hyperlinks) is also available right here:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3895

With best regards,

Your Lik-Sang Team

This is an email I just received from Lik-Sang. I'm not sure if you are actually guaranteed a PS3 at launch, but they are excepting pre-orders.

[quote name='animemaniac14']bahhh boo to the PS3...too expensive...too poorly designed...im going all out on the Wii[/quote]

I'm less thinking about playing it and more thinking about eBaying it, far more entertainment value then. :lol:

Havent heard anything yet, but then again my manager has been MIA since Sat late afternoon, I'm sure she is still busy with stuff, but it'll be nice to know for myself... I'll post ASAP once I find out.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Alright, I have some potentially bad news. I've been checking the Costco computers every week for both the Wii and the PS3. For now, all we have are some games in the computer. This worries me for two reasons; one, we still have tons of the 360's that hadn't sold, and we had the 360 in the computers a couple months before they were supposed to have been shipping.

So until further notice, don't count on costco.[/QUOTE]

man, I was hoping costco would be a good place to go. I really hope they get it in at launch (their website seems to be aware of the release date so hopefully it'll start to sell then, at least online).

[quote name='BrandonOne']I'm less thinking about playing it and more thinking about eBaying it, far more entertainment value then. :lol:[/quote]

hmmm...good point there...hehe

[quote name='BrandonOne']I'm less thinking about playing it and more thinking about eBaying it, far more entertainment value then. :lol:[/QUOTE]

For sure, if the window of opportunity presents itself I would jump on that opportunity in a heartbeat :lol:

I had a thought. Everyone on the intertron keeps talking about going to EBStop, Wal-Mart, Best Buy or Toys R Us. Well, what about K-Mart? Most people think they're closed, and my town has one that's managing to hang on.

For reference, anyone know what the 360 launch was like there?

[quote name='cloudeagle']I had a thought. Everyone on the intertron keeps talking about going to EBStop, Wal-Mart, Best Buy or Toys R Us. Well, what about K-Mart? Most people think they're closed, and my town has one that's managing to hang on.

For reference, anyone know what the 360 launch was like there?[/quote]:lol: Because mine is in fact closed. Or at least temporarily while remodelling into a Sears Essentials.

But I have EB, GS, Target, TRU, Walmart, Best Buy and Circuit City in a mile or so radius.

costco is indeed the best place to get a console because of the return policy. however it's unsure when they get it and usually it's in a bundle format.

As for Kmart and the 360, from what I heard there were like 3 in 1 store. They didnt get much stock.

[quote name='Zoglog']costco is indeed the best place to get a console because of the return policy. however it's unsure when they get it and usually it's in a bundle format.

As for Kmart and the 360, from what I heard there were like 3 in 1 store. They didnt get much stock.[/quote]

Hm. Sounds like a last-ditch Plan D, then.

Well the rumors about pre-orders at GS are now officially fact. I think I'll hybernate the week prior to the launch weekend :p

[quote name='neudog']Well the rumors about pre-orders at GS are now officially fact. I think I'll hybernate the week prior to the launch weekend :p[/quote]Source?

[quote name='botticus']Source?[/QUOTE]

No kidding - and WHICH rumor? Aren't there like 10 competing ones? :rofl:

[quote name='io']No kidding - and WHICH rumor? Aren't there like 10 competing ones? :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we have enough of them. Lets wait for Gamestop/EB to tell us something...

Alright, here's the real EB/GS preorder information out of Texas from a trusted source:
  • Stores will be taking preorders and you are not guaranteed a console by Christmas (as posted before)
  • Only the store manager will be ringing through the consoles on the register
  • The store manager will choose who gets a system and who is going to wait. (Sounds like if you are one to preorder things through them (PS3/Wii titles in particular) you will have a much better chance of getting a console) They are letting managers decide in order to prevent less people going to Ebay with the consoles.
  • There is no date set for preorders yet
  • Employees will NOT get pick from the first shipment
Please do not press for the source as they wish to remain anonymous. With 4000+ attendants at the conference, I'm sure it will pop up on other sites soon enough as confirmation.

I suppose this could be okay, since the manager at my store best hook me up with a console. Now we just need a date.

DOODS. This Rumor has been 100% Confirmed. There will be NO! Wii preorders by EBstop or GameGames. Why? well the Big N decided to scrape the whole wii idea and join sony. Source? Well it's in my... uh.. car. Let me go get it. *runs to car and florrs it*.

I don't think I'm willing to take the risk of waiting at Kmart, I imagine they won't get very many Wii systems, if at all.

If Gamestop/EB are not doing pre-orders, I'll find out if any of the stores around me are having a midnight launch, and get there about 4 hours before.

[quote name='yukine']I don't think I'm willing to take the risk of waiting at Kmart, I imagine they won't get very many Wii systems, if at all.

If Gamestop/EB are not doing pre-orders, I'll find out if any of the stores around me are having a midnight launch, and get there about 4 hours before.[/quote]Seriously, my post above is for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back