Wii price drop (Confirmed for Sunday) $199 TRU, Target, Best Buy ad leaks

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
this has finally been confirmed by Best Buy internal emails. The price drop will be officially announced by Nintendo on 9/25:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/22/wii-price-drop-confirmed-199-starting-this-weekend/

Ad Leaks

http://kotaku.com/5359038/toys-r-us-ad-points-to-199-wii-price-drop-this-month

Also, if you notice, in the TRU ad, there is a bonus that has a $12.99 value. According to CAG prim4444 the bonus is a Nintendo T-Shirt. Thanks!

500x_wii_tru_price_cut.jpg

Target ad proof:
[quote name='Fernando Rocker']An anonymous tipster sends us this picture of an alleged Target circular for the week of September 27th, joining Wal-Mart and Toys R Us on the $199.99 Wii price drop bandwagon.
Sure it's blurry and only a partial picture of the full page, but the information in this picture coincides with the information we've seen previously in rumored ads from both Wal-Mart and Toys R Us, sharing the exact date with the latter.

This latest ad also fuels our suspicions that Nintendo will make a big price drop announcement during the Tokyo Game Show next week, despite the fact that the company does not have an official presence at the show.

Via Kotaku.

500x_targetad.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Best Buy
c6a6s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wii fine. It has it's own demographic and obviously, won't really satisfy the hardcore gamers. I have about a dozen games for the Wii a few I go back and play regularly: RE4, SMG, Lego Star Wars, Cooking Mama, Mario Kart. I haven't cracked open No More Heroes or Zack and Wiki yet, those will be next.

I also have a PS3 to satisfy my "oooh so pretty urges". More of the hardcore stuff: LBP, RE5, Bioshock, Valkyria Chronicles, R6V2, Burnout Paradise, MGS4are my regulars.

I've enjoyed both equally for what they offer.

What I don't quite understand is why do some people have to dis a system like the Wii to feel good about gaming on their system of choice (be it PS3 or XBox).
If you love the games on your PS3 or XBox why do you care how much the Wii costs or what kind of games are or aren't available for it?

A $50 price drop is good news for everybody in the market for a Wii. It's not so good for everyone who bought one more than 30 days prior to the drop going into effect as they can't get the price adjusted. The fact that nobody has complained about that so far (as compared to the $20 vs. free ECA membership issue) is a sign that Wii owners really seem to like their system.

Bout Damn Time. Though it is still overpriced for what you get. After the PS3 and 360 get motion controls and natal respectively the wii's days will be numbered.

[quote name='NJMane']Bout Damn Time. Though it is still overpriced for what you get. After the PS3 and 360 get motion controls and natal respectively the wii's days will be numbered.[/QUOTE]

I need to research more on this Natal... because the videos I see is even more ridiculous than the waggle.

haven't they done this with the Eye toy already? what more could they add without making you wear ping pong balls on your joints so the camera can pick up more movements.

[quote name='Armads']Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Dead Space Extraction
New Super Mario Bros. (Coming out in the next couple months)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M coming out next year too.

Wii is doing excellent on the releases, much better than the last 2 years.

My Wii collection is about 1/5 of my 360 collection, but even I can say this quote is pure stupidity.[/QUOTE]
Well then you probably have most of the good Wii games but are missing out on tons of great 360 games.

Muramasa is pretty but just an avg game, reviews reflect this.

Metroid Prime Trilogy - decent, but first 2 games actually were better on GC.

Dead Space Extraction - another rail shooter, which is just good not great. The real stuff is in the original game.

New Super Mario Bros - looks good not great, looks like a DS game rushed to the Wii.

Super Mario Galaxy is possibly good/great.

Metroid Other M is possibly good/great. Won't know until it releases.

But barely any of those games appeal to me personally anyways.

[quote name='basketb']What I don't quite understand is why do some people have to dis a system like the Wii to feel good about gaming on their system of choice (be it PS3 or XBox).
If you love the games on your PS3 or XBox why do you care how much the Wii costs or what kind of games are or aren't available for it?
.[/QUOTE]
It should be easy to understand, but people aren't dissing it to make them feel better about their 360 or PS3. More money thrown at the Wii by publishers for casual, shovelware, avg, etc games is less put to use on 360 or PS3 for games that do appeal to core gamers.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']

The main reason the Wii has so much shovelware is the same reason that the PS1 and PS2 did: it's the most popular of its generation, and it's cheap to develop for. Dealing with the PS3's hardware or the 360's high definition requirements aren't worth it when you're trying to get crappy games out for a cheap buck.

It's Nintendo's fault as much as it was Sony's. In other words: it's only their fault for winning the console war at the moment.[/QUOTE]
That's true, but Nintendo used to do more to make their library higher in quality. Let's all just forget about how Nintendo did away with the seal of quality this generation.

[quote name='xycury']I guess it's fun to wii hate... it's got to be the 'thing' to do if you want to be 'cool'... throw around phrases like "real gamer", "horrible on HDTV", and "not enough games".

[/QUOTE]
I could care less about being cool, especially on the internet. People don't have negative opinions about something to be cool, at least people with brains don't.

I hate the terms "core gamer" and "hardcore gamer" with a fiery passion.

[quote name='J7.']Muramasa is pretty but just an avg game, reviews reflect this.

Metroid Prime Trilogy - decent, but first 2 games actually were better on GC.

Dead Space Extraction - another rail shooter, which is just good not great. The real stuff is in the original game.

New Super Mario Bros - looks good not great, looks like a DS game rushed to the Wii.

Super Mario Galaxy is possibly good/great.

Metroid Other M is possibly good/great. Won't know until it releases.

But barely any of those games appeal to me personally anyways.[/QUOTE]

So you're passing judgment on four games that haven't been released yet, and an opinion on the fifth ("better on GC" is not only an opinion, but one that most of the people who've played the games with the Wiimote would disagree with)? You've convinced me - the Wii is only worth $80. :roll:

I'm also curious why "good" or "great" games don't appeal to you. I think your user title of "photorealism in 3 gens" is a good clue - they're just not pretty enough, are they?

[quote name='J7.']That's true, but Nintendo used to do more to make their library higher in quality. Let's all just forget about how Nintendo did away with the seal of quality this generation.[/QUOTE]

That never meant anything. The only thing the seal ever meant is that the game is certified to work with Nintendo hardware (which was an issue back in the days of unlicensed NES games), and has nothing to do with the quality of the product inside.

Want proof?

topgunsecondmissionboxed2.jpg

6d8f_32.JPG

superman64.jpg

Aquaman_battle_for_atlantis_gamecube_cover_scan.jpg

Notice the Seal of Quality on the cover of those game? Ever played those games?

That never meant anything. The only thing the seal ever meant is that the game is certified to work with Nintendo hardware (which was an issue back in the days of unlicensed NES games), and has nothing to do with the quality of the product inside.

Want proof?

topgunsecondmissionboxed2.jpg

6d8f_32.JPG

superman64.jpg

Notice the Seal of Quality on the cover of those game? Ever played those games?[/QUOTE]

I think we need one in this thread with more relevance to CAG!

604070-Shaq-Fu-014633072846.jpg

ENFORCER OF JUSTICE

[quote name='xycury']I guess it's fun to wii hate... it's got to be the 'thing' to do if you want to be 'cool'... throw around phrases like "real gamer", "horrible on HDTV", and "not enough games".

Just because a console is intended for a younger audience doesn't make it less than any of the others.

[/QUOTE]

Of course it makes it less. It makes it less appealing for me. There aren't enough mature games that are better on the Wii that aren't available on my 360. I'm all for having some kiddie games, that's what the DS is for, but the time I've spent with the Wii was not enjoyable, and there are only 2-3 games I'd really be interested in playing. The PS3 is the same way for me. I almost impulse bought it last week then I got to checking and I realized there's only 2-3 games that are out now that I care for, and about 3 more coming. That seems pretty paltry for dropping $300 for, before the cost of the games.

It's fine that you love the hell out of your Wii. I don't for a host of reasons. Doesn't mean I'm trying to be counter-culture or elitist. For me, what the Wii offers isn't all that appealing. Nothing wrong with that.

Great to finally see the Wii getting a price drop but really what is up with all the Wii hate. I have no regrets buying it at its launch for $250. Though I do spend considerably more time playing on my 360; whenever I have friends over Wii is usually all we play because there is a lack of any split screen multiplayer games on both Ps3 and Xbox 360. In total I think I have about 8 games for the 360 that support any from of same console multiplayer and only about 2 of those games support over 2 players. Comparing that to my Wii collection where about 3/4 of it supports at least 2 players, and only like one game of that 3/4 doesn't support more than 2 players.

There is really no point to all this bashing, each systems has its good sides and bad sides. Wii has tons to offer, just like the other systems, if companies take time, put effort, and originality there would be tons more solid games for the Wii. (Boom Blox being a prime example.)

i think 150 is what the wii is worth since they rape you on the controls. You need at LEAST 2 to get started and 4 is preferable. my bro in law uses it to read manga when all the notebooks are used. Yeah, once the novelty wore off i saw the regret from him. and all he wants now is to play PS3 which is really annoying cuz im on this thing all the time.

I bought the Wii for $200 myself when Dell had the deal for 20% off. I thought that was a decent deal and it is a good companion system to a PS3 or Xbox. I probably play my Wii about 20% of the time, and PS3 80% of the time. The Wii does have fun party games that don't require a lot of training for non gamers. Its a completely different game console than PS3 or Xbox. There are also a lot of cheap (mostly crap, but some diamonds in the rough) game for the Wii, as opposed to being somewhat harder to find for the other consoles.

However, now that both Xbox and PS3 prices have dropped $100, I think only dropping $50 is not good enough. It should be $150 also.. and maybe with a future Dell deal it'll be close to that (80% of $199 is $160)

Price drop is a good, and obvious, move. We already have a Wii so won't be taking advantage of this, but perhaps some of my family and friends who don't have one will pick one up now. We love ours.

So now those that did not purchase a Wii at launch. Can still not purchase a Wii now.

Smart bastards. I've only used it as a GC game player. But, I have a GC for that.

Lots of trolls in this thread -- why so much hate?

And lol at that sad sony glow wand making Wii controls obsolete next year. Yeah, an optional add-on controller for the poorest selling major console: what a gamechanger.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Lots of trolls in this thread -- why so much hate?[/QUOTE]

Yup. I had to recheck the thread title to make sure it didn't say "Wii price drop -- weigh in with your opinions on which console is bettar here". :roll: I'm guessing that most of us know if this interests us or not without the Wii hate and/or PS3/360 fanboys.

[/QUOTE]
Head hurt. Heart hurt.

Anyways I would have preferred the Black Wii to a price drop but I'll take it nonetheless. This will be Wii number...uh...*cough* three for me. Let's hope I can actually hold onto the damn thing now shall we? I really let my characters slip for a while there but I'm getting back in practice so I should be able to enjoy overseas releases once again (Taiko, Wario, Disaster, the good NPC games, MHG, I'm looking at all you motherfuckers)

My biggest problem with Nintendo is that it's just so damn Japan centric. All the hottest shit is released overseas and we never get it Stateside.

Sales figures will be interesting. The wii mystique seems to have worn off, so $199 is the next logical step. A tribute to their marketing team that this wasn't needed a year earlier.

That said, I don't think $199 is enough if they have lofty sales goals. I think a 'holiday bundle' (additional game) is in order to drive further interest.

This thread is a nice indication of how many idiots there are on CAG. Can never be rid of them, no matter what we do.

The Wii is an outstanding complimentary system to either the PS3 or the 360.

It helps fill a void that this generation has shown little of (the platformer/sidescroller, the adventure game, the party game, the retro game).

I mean after a while, you seriously get sick of all these damn shooting games.

[quote name='berzirk']Of course it makes it less. It makes it less appealing for me. There aren't enough mature games that are better on the Wii that aren't available on my 360. I'm all for having some kiddie games, that's what the DS is for, but the time I've spent with the Wii was not enjoyable, and there are only 2-3 games I'd really be interested in playing. The PS3 is the same way for me. I almost impulse bought it last week then I got to checking and I realized there's only 2-3 games that are out now that I care for, and about 3 more coming. That seems pretty paltry for dropping $300 for, before the cost of the games.

It's fine that you love the hell out of your Wii. I don't for a host of reasons. Doesn't mean I'm trying to be counter-culture or elitist. For me, what the Wii offers isn't all that appealing. Nothing wrong with that.[/QUOTE]

most of that statement wasn't directed at you, for some people, the wii just doesn't fit them which is understandable, but some of the claims they say... makes me really believe this next statement...

[quote name='J7.']
I could care less about being cool, especially on the internet. People don't have negative opinions about something to be cool, at least people with brains don't.[/QUOTE]

And your stance is completely radically different than the usual player base for the wii. It's obvious why you don't like it. And for the ones that do make baseless claims and points with an absence of brains.

just throwing out a list to compare to that I currently have:

• Baroque
  • Bleach:_Shattered_Blade
  • Castle_of_Shikigami_III
  • Castlevania_Judgment
  • Dead_Rising:_Chop_Till_You_Drop
  • Dokapon_Kingdom
  • Dragon_Ball_Z:_Budokai_Tenkaichi_3
  • Dragon_Quest_Swords:_Masked_Queen_and_the_Tower_of_Mirrors
  • Final_Fantasy_Fables:_Chocobo's_Dungeon
  • Fire_Emblem:_Radiant_Dawn
  • Guilty_Gear_XX_Accent_Core
  • Heavenly_Guardian
  • The_House_Of_The_Dead_2_&_3_Return
  • The_House_of_the_Dead:_OVERKILL
  • The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Twilight_Princess
  • MadWorld
  • Marvel:_Ultimate_Alliance
  • Metroid_Prime_Trilogy_Collector's_Edition
  • No_More_Heroes
  • Onechanbara:_Bikini_Zombie_Slayers
  • Opoona
  • Pikmin
  • Resident_Evil_4
  • Resident_Evil:_Umbrella_Chronicles
  • Samurai_Warriors:_KATANA
  • The_Simpsons_Game
  • Spy_Games:_Elevator_Mission
  • Super_Paper_Mario
  • Tomb_Raider:_Anniversary
  • Trauma_Center:_New_Blood
  • Trauma_Center:_Second_Opinion
  • Wario_Land:_Shake_It!
  • Zack_&_Wiki:_Quest_for_Barbaros'_Treasure

Most of these are pretty solid titles and I haven't even tapped into all the exclusive Nintendo made games that are on the Kid's list.... some are meh, and I have because they were insanely cheap.

The Wii just isn't geared to the 19-30 crowd like the PS3 or the 360.

Similar tastes to clothing.... your teenager or even aspiring college student isn't going to go to http://www.landsend.com/ to find their semester clothes to fill out their wardrobe.

So isn't the 19-30 crowd rushing to the wii to play Raging Rabbids TV party game.

They really should pack in the upgraded motion controls, an extra wiimote and nunchuck, and include Wii sports, Wii Play and Wii Resort for $250.

Wii is a great side system. It's hard (imho) to get all three systems when most next gen games are multi. Either get a PS3 and Wii or 360 and Wii. Not all three.

$199 is still a bit too pricey but at the way It sells It's about as low as your gonna get (till Dell has it for $170 or something).

I just wish they would bring the Black Wii here.

[quote name='fairtrade']Yup. I had to recheck the thread title to make sure it didn't say "Wii price drop -- weigh in with your opinions on which console is bettar here". :roll: I'm guessing that most of us know if this interests us or not without the Wii hate and/or PS3/360 fanboys.[/QUOTE]
I just wished when I was deciding on purchasing it someone told me "DON'T DO IT!!! Wait 5 years for it to be 150".

[quote name='Estebon']...online system that doesn't require everyone to put in their social security number and doesn't lag like a bitch.[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd.

[quote name='bleak']They really should pack in the upgraded motion controls, an extra wiimote and nunchuck, and include Wii sports, Wii Play and Wii Resort for $250.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I said that in the very first thread speculating about a price drop. :D

Really, though, I think that would have been the way to go and also ensure greater penetration of the WM+. I know why they did it this way, though, because it's the psychological barrier price point of sub-$200. And with MS and Sony cutting prices, Nintendo would seem out of touch with the economy by not following suit.

I hope this price drop sets up a new black Wii with more memory and the extras back up at $250. That would be sweet and tempting, even though I've owned one since launch and love it for all the great games mentioned in that other thread.

The place that I work had a future ad out for TRU...I didn't even really glance at it. Wonder if it was this one.

[quote name='tenma']took long enough[/QUOTE]

you aren't the only one saying this in the thread, but I do not understand this thought process. what would be Nintendo's motivation for dropping the price earlier than now?

I worked in a high traffic game store up until 3 weeks ago. We could not keep Wii's in stock throughout last Christmas until about April. Sold out non stop. Same with Wii Fit. Common sense, as well as economics, tells you that when something is selling out, you do not lower the price.

Sweet thanks for the heads up. =) I was going to pick one up next week after I get my credit built up at Gamestop but I may as well wait one more week.

On rethinking, I wish they would bundle WM+ with the system as well. What does that add, a 10 dollar cost? I'd like to actually see a good number of games use this, but of course seeing as how it's probably mainly selling with the bundled wii sports resort, fat chance they'd give it for free.

[quote name='bleak']They really should pack in the upgraded motion controls, an extra wiimote and nunchuck, and include Wii sports, Wii Play and Wii Resort for $250.[/QUOTE]

Wii Play + Wiimote = $50
Wii Sports Resort + Motion Plus = $50
Extra Nunchuck = $20

That's another $120 worth of pack-in, $140 if you count a second Motion Plus for the second Wiimote. Why would Nintendo pack in that amount of stuff and only raise the price $50, especially when (quality of the game aside) Wii Play is one of their best-selling titles and Wii Sports Resort will be for the foreseeable future?

[quote name='cochesecochese']My biggest problem with Nintendo is that it's just so damn Japan centric. All the hottest shit is released overseas and we never get it Stateside.[/QUOTE]

I will agree with that. I'd kill for Captain Rainbow to come here, but between its lousy sales in Japan and Birdo's gender issues and the "find the vibrator" quest, I doubt it ever will.

$200 is decent, but it's not good enough. $200 for the Wii is like when it was $600 for PS3, it's just not justifiable. I think $180 would make a much bigger difference, $150 would be ideal right now, unless they actually have good games coming out.

[quote name='Trebuken']Wii sales have slowed. Wii Motion was not a big deal for console sales...not enough good games utilizing it.

This is a stimulus...it's not worth $249 after the 360 and PS3 price drops.

It's worth $199.99. There are enough good to decent games to warrant it and the downloadable games make it a steal...[/QUOTE]

Yea I think there is a point to what you are saying. Nintendo will Definetly be forced to lower down their crazy price to below 200 dollars. I Actually think thats whats going to end up happening in the next few weeks.

Wow, people have a lot of really dumb comments regarding the Wii. It's kinda sad.

I guess it's good that they're dropping the price. Not that I care much since I have mine but I'm sure it'll help sales during the holiday season.

If you're too "hardcore" for the Wii then you're not hardcore at all. It's the games that are important, not the system. I run my Wii on my 65 in HDTV with my PS3 and the games look just fine. They aren't meant to be in 1080p so how can you compare them. If someone told me they saw clipping and jaggies then I could respect that but to say "my PS3 looks better" is the voice of an idiot. And they probably don't even own a Wii.

Oh, and I own 2 PS3's to go with my Wii so I can evaluate a hardcore gamer.

[quote name='Harerazer']If you're too "hardcore" for the Wii then you're not hardcore at all. It's the games that are important, not the system. I run my Wii on my 65 in HDTV with my PS3 and the games look just fine. They aren't meant to be in 1080p so how can you compare them. If someone told me they saw clipping and jaggies then I could respect that but to say "my PS3 looks better" is the voice of an idiot. And they probably don't even own a Wii.

Oh, and I own 2 PS3's to go with my Wii so I can evaluate a hardcore gamer.[/QUOTE]

Wii has the worst lineup of games since the Jaguar. i try out every single game released and cannot recommend a single one of them. It really is the worst gaming system in a long time. Its great at partys tho. So is a Candy Land board game tho. If you catch my drift.

Yea, the games that are important. The Wii has no games and most of them suck, that's why he made the comment of a "hardcore gamer". No new games are coming out that are going to be real good for Wii, all of their good games have been released already. So that's why it'd be for casual gamers, because people who game all the time or "hardcore gamers", don't want to play the same Mario game or Wii sports game over and over again.I don't know what about owning 2 PS3's makes you a hardcore gamer, I think I can make a strong presumption that atleast one of them is mostly for blu-ray. You aren't a hardcore gamer until you get a 360, bro.

Seriously though, no one unjustifiably hates the Wii. If the ones that love it so much can recommend some great titles (that aren't dumb down versions from another next gen console) I'd gladly go play them.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']Yea, the games that are important. The Wii has no games and most of them suck, that's why he made the comment of a "hardcore gamer". No new games are coming out that are going to be real good for Wii, all of their good games have been released already. So that's why it'd be for casual gamers, because people who game all the time or "hardcore gamers", don't want to play the same Mario game or Wii sports game over and over again.I don't know what about owning 2 PS3's makes you a hardcore gamer, I think I can make a strong presumption that atleast one of them is mostly for blu-ray. You aren't a hardcore gamer until you get a 360, bro.[/QUOTE]

Well first off, I never said the Wii had good games or didn't have good games. I was merely trying to point out that if you like playing games you should buy whatever games/systems support your needs without saying negative about the stuff you don't even own.

Second, I own over 40 Wii games and over 60 PS3 games because I buy games for my entire family so I do get a sense of what's "good" or "bad". My girl plays games and both my teenagers play games. Just because you or I don't like a game doesn't make it bad. I see how many people knock Wii Fit but wasn't it the number one seller by a landslide? And don't say because they "packed in" the board because in reality they packed in the game when you consider the price. I consider a game bad if it's coded poorly or weakly (missing features or not hitting it's potential) ala Bionic Commando, not whether I say it's cool or not.

Third, I have a Blu Ray player for my Blu Rays. I have two PS3's because I wanted a gaming network in my own house and I got it like that (sorry but I'm being real). This way I don't have to sit and wait while someone else plays a game and I can also team up with my son (or go against him) online since the PS3's main flaw IMO is the lack of oflline multiplayer games (especially shooters).

Lastly, owning a 360 doesn't make you hardcore, it makes you cheap (in most cases). Most people bought it because the PS3 was too expensive. The PS3 has always been and always will be better hardware and a better electronics item. It was just too damn expensive in this economy for most. Even now the $300 PS3 far outweighs the $300 XB Lite. Also, anyone with an Arcade 360 bought it so they could say they went "next gen" cheaply. And let's face it, the Wii is more Next Gen than the Arcade system. They took the hard drive OUT from the original XB, that makes it worse than Last Gen.

To the other poster, as for what games are good...it's all about what games you like. If you like Halo, you're gonna get an XB. If you like Pokemon or Mario, you're gonna get a Wii, if you like MGS or Motorstorm, you're gonna get a PS3. It's easy for people to say "I don't like (fill in the blanks) but when MS or Sony can sell 10 bazillion games for a series like Nin has done then you can't say the game is bad, simply that you don't like it. I could name 10 Wii games that I think are worth the money. Personally I can't name 10 PS3 exclusives or 360 exclusives worth buying. But the flip side would be that I could find 10 people who would disagree with both lists if I looked. Check the games out yourself and rate them for yourself instead of listening to juvenile posters with ignorant sigs.

But I'm not trying to start a console war here. I always say just buy what works for you.

Oh, and Blitz...I'm Black and I own UFC and Fight Night. So what exactly are you saying in your sig? What makes it so important that you had to have that, huh?

[quote name='Harerazer']Oh, and Blitz...I'm Black and I own UFC and Fight Night. So what exactly are you saying in your sig? What makes it so important that you had to have that, huh?[/QUOTE]

Its just there to show how racist phrost is.

p.s. - do you like fish sticks?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']If the ones that love it so much can recommend some great titles (that aren't dumb down versions from another next gen console) I'd gladly go play them.[/QUOTE]

Lol who RECOMMENDS the bad ports of games? Are you fucking kidding me?

Any Metroid, No More Heroes, Okami(yes, a port, I know), Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Muramasa, Smash bros, Little King's Story, Boom Blox 1&2, Zack and Wiki, Paper Mario, Madworld, Nyxquest, de blob, Klonoa, Lostwinds, Trauma Center 1&2, Excite Trucks&bots

But I'm just a nintendo fan right? That's why I own every current console/handheld, other than an iphone I guess, as well as last generation. That's why I bought a gamecube in like 2004 finally just to practice smash bros while I only really ever gamed on ps2. That's why I thought the nintendo 64 was a far cry from snes with some good games but paled in comparison to a playstation.

Oh well, all those games are sucky/generic/easy/kiddy. No more heroes and madworld are mature only to be mature:)roll:). 1st party titles don't count cause there are countless mario/zelda/metroids. Hm, how many other crappy reasons are there that I hear weekly that apply to every other console in history?

Oh, you got it like that? Just being real? hahahahaahahahaKeep lying to yourself and saying people who own 360 are cheap, people who own 360 are smart. I know so many people who bought PS3's for $600 and just sat on them since they stunk so bad, they ended up selling them for 360's and now game everyday. So much more games and a much better online service, that's why they choose 360. Add in that it was/is significantly cheaper and it's the much smarter choice.About his sig, I think it was a conversation with him and another member, he was exposing the other member for saying some dumbass shit.

Thanks to cheapassgamer I for one have grabbed several "great" games and several AAA titles on the Wii(and it's not just my opinion it's from IGN and gamerankings too) at a decent price. For anyone saying the Wii doesn't have a decent line up I'll give you my collection so far:
-FireEmblem
-Deadly Creatures
-HOTD: Overkill
-Wario Land: shake it!!!
-Rune Factory
-Excite Trucks
-MadWorld
-Mario Galaxy
-Medal of Honor Heroes
-Punch Out!!!
-No More Heroes
-Zak and Wiki
-All the Lego Series (batman, starwars, I.J.)
-Starwars Force unleashed
-WSR
-WiiMusic (actually I consider this shovelware but my
5 year old loves it)
-Metroid Prime:Corruption
-Okami
-RE4(i have this for GCN also)
-MarioKart
-Paper Mario -Zelda:TP(my favorite)
-RE:UC
-deBlob
-and finally Smash Bros

in addition I have some decent games that aren't great or AAA but still alright for the $$$ I got them thanks to CAG
-Rygar, Death Jr, OnePiece, Naruto, Pokemon, Tales of Symphonia 2 etc...

sure some ppl can find flaws to most of these games as NO GAME IS PERFECT and they are definetly not up to par visually to some of the HD consoles AAA titles(that's why I'm buying a PS3) but most can stand on their own under and in most cases are visually decent as well. Also games like Muramasa, FF:CC the crystal bearer, MH:Tri show that when the system can do that's why I am picking up those games. If one really wants the Wii to excel ppl should avoid the shovelware most 3rd Parties are selling*cough*Ubisoft* and some 1st party *cough-WiiMusic* as well. The Wii is a way better deal at $199 than it is at $249 as PS2 still sells at around the $129 level without the technology the Wii has (i'm talking about built in Wifi, SD, BlueTooth, Motion Sensor etc) and definetly the Wii has more muscle if developers just take advantage of it. Sure the Wii at $200 could be sweeter if they include a WiiMotion+ dongle and classic controller but who's to say Nintendo won't do that for the upcoming Holiday. Be gamers folks and not petty fanboys.

Peace

bread's done
Back