Wii U 32GB Black with Nintendo Land for $191.71 at Sam's Club.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
Saw this over at my local Sam's. 

Phones will never replace computers. Goddmanit. Can't even copy/paste an image url.

EDIT:

2uducyr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up one last night my local SAMs club had one in their system when I called on Monday but I was told that he checked the case and the system was wrong. Stopped in there last night for a few things and I checked the lock up case and found it. Now I need some good deals on a few games before Christmas

so it's this price at all Sams? I have one close that says "view only" on the site, so does that mean there is one in stock or that they have a demo one setup only?

I picked up one last night my local SAMs club had one in their system when I called on Monday but I was told that he checked the case and the system was wrong. Stopped in there last night for a few things and I checked the lock up case and found it. Now I need some good deals on a few games before Christmas
Just to be 100% clear, you were able to get the Wii U bundle at the same price as the OP at a completely different Sams Club?

If so could you post a receipt? It'll be useful to those trying to pricematch to have a more recent receipt pic.

My local Sam's Club lowered it to $153.71.

I tried doing the price adjustment, but they said I need to bring in the unit because of the serial number.

My local Sam's Club lowered it to $153.71.

I tried doing the price adjustment, but they said I need to bring in the unit because of the serial number.
So the Seekonk Sam's has these in stock for $153.71? I live about an hour or so from there in MA and may take a trip out there if so. Depending on how this store tomorrow goes of course

My local Sam's Club has the tags out that you take to the register for this console but I don't see any in the case and online it shows as out of stock at the store. It is still showing $299.xx anyway both on the tag and online so it probably wasn't marked down yet at the store near me anyway (they were 4 or 5 months behind other stores to mark down the Vita 1st Edition Bundle to $118).

My Sam's club still has this tagged at $344 with $299 and showing out of stock online. The pro controllers are still $44 (tagged). The game section is shrinking rapidly and all the skylanders have been torn open....

My Sam's club still has this tagged at $344 with $299 and showing out of stock online. The pro controllers are still $44 (tagged). The game section is shrinking rapidly and all the skylanders have been torn open....
Keyword is tagged. You should have that shit price-checked. I only found out about the price going down to $153.71 because I saw another $191.71 tag in the slot, which I thought meant they had another one in stock somehow. So I gave it to a work friend who I thought would appreciate a cheap Wii U to go check and see if they had anymore units in stock. He said when he went to go check, the price went down further.

I just bought the skylanders bundle for $220, this was a better deal because I didn't pay tax and it will be much more useful for me since I actually want skylanders and a white console so I can avoid the fingerprints and dust collection on the system (even if I use it).. My Sam's shows out of stock online for the Wii U but of course they have cards and an empty box on display.

I suspect they are actually out of stock, because our Sam's is really horrible with inventory management on the games section. I also have suspicions that there is rampant employee theft at my Sam's club, which might explain the constant discrepancies between inventory levels and actual product in stock.

Its worth noting that my Sam's also has 2 each of the Pokemon 3DS XL consoles, the X/Y Red and Blue ones or at least they have the placeholder cards out for them. Ironically they never got Pokemon X.Y games in. They also supposedly got 15 XBox one consoles in so they are still carrying video games, but they don't have any of the accessories or games for these new systems. This tell me that yes, basically no one shops in their video game section unless its to buy GTA V for their 8 year old or to tear apart all the skylanders.

I will be checking out those pro controllers this week, even if I have to personally ask a register employee for a price check.

Everyone CARE to post $1513.71Price Tag or Receipt with the Wii U Nintendo land bundle?

I did the best I could with the pics sorry it wasn't exactly what was requested. I didn't have the Wii u scanned because I bought the skylanders bundle and don't need another system. They also had 19.91 skylanders giants for Wii U. The Xbox version of the same game was still $50. The skylanders Wii U came up 19.91 as tagged so I suspect everything is at the correct prices. Though I did grab the last pro controller at 14.91 a steal at that price, I don't even need it but I am sure I will find a use for it for that price. I could probably sell it and make a few bucks if I had to. It also seemed that they retagged the pro controllers because last week they were at $44 and this week they were at $14 so I assume the Wii u was tagged correctly.

Also I was at Sears and they had Wii u's for $350 still so some retailers just aren't following MSRP price drops

Y'all should've been trying to price match the Zelda bundle instead (or at least on top of it). Someone price matched it at Best Buy and then I got it at Target, and we both posted our receipts. The Target peeps didn't question anything because of the Best Buy receipt.

Ok, it is showing out of stock at a local Sam's club online but since I don't need a system I am going to tell you all. There are a few Wii U systems (black Nintendoland bundle) at the Sam's club in Niagara Falls, NY. They are sitting in the cage behind some cardboard laptop boxes where the blue Wii U box is barely visible. They don't even have the system out for display the last I checked so your average buyer wouldn't even know they carried the system. They also have a few skylanders giants Wii U sets for 19.91 and Zombie U for 19.91 as well, at least they had the place cards for Zombie U, who knows if its actually in stock.

I am not going to be the one to price check this console as I don't need one, but if you are in the area and willing to do a little legwork you might be able to get a cheap Wii U. Now keep in mind it was last tagged at $344 so I am not trying to get anyone's hopes up here that this Sam's club has actually marked them down but you could try but I can assure you I saw Wii U systems in the cage even though it shows out of stock online and there are none on display. I am guessing at least 2 units. They also took the box from one of the units and used it as a display so you may be getting an open box or damaged box item.

I am not sure how you are going to get them to take it out of the cage and price check it but you could try, also keep in mind they might be gone by the time someone gets there as I am posting some information on a public forum here and all. Just don't want anyone to make the trip for a very, very YMMV deal and not get it.

I was able to get one of these for 122.71 today. Even if your store shows as sold out on the website, it may still be worth checking and asking.

Nobody is gonna beat the deal I got hehe...This was back in October actually.  I about crapped my pants when the Sams club person told me it was legit.  Only thing was Nintendo land was missing, but i went to GS and picked it up for like 6 bucks I think lol.

1375730_749299328430375_1998439156_n.jpg

65604_749451101748531_115476993_n.jpg

Nobody is gonna beat the deal I got hehe...This was back in October actually. I about crapped my pants when the Sams club person told me it was legit. Only thing was Nintendo land was missing, but i went to GS and picked it up for like 6 bucks I think lol.

I hate you.

Nobody is gonna beat the deal I got hehe...This was back in October actually. I about crapped my pants when the Sams club person told me it was legit. Only thing was Nintendo land was missing, but i went to GS and picked it up for like 6 bucks I think lol.
Nice!

You are the man! My Sam's Clubs never has these kind of deals.

I want a wii u so badly and I dont want to pay $300 :( nearest sams club is a 6 hour drive to seattle. tried to see if walmart would price match it he locally but they wont price match any store in their company.

Plus, they had a sale on New Luigi U at Best Buy not too long ago. 15 bucks new on sale, 12 bucks if you're a Gamer Unlocked member.

Now we're talking. This is what the system SHOULD be.

Too bad Nintendo wasn't smart enough to have this price for their black friday bundle. I might have gotten one. I ended up getting a Vita "Walking Dead" bundle instead (chose one dead system over the other). :whee:
Look, the hardware ALONE costs more than the MSRP of $300. So there is no way anyone can reasonably say that this is what the price SHOULD be. They're already losing money. You're already getting more than you're paying for at full price. You can get the 3DS handheld for $200, but the full HD living room experience WITH Gamepad support is going to run you an extra hundred bucks, AS IT SHOULD. Wii U should be $200 just like PS4 should be $250. Yeah, right.

Second, a console is not "dead" from one year of bad sales. That's ignorant. Even if the console had a repeat of 2013 for the next 5 years straight, it will STILL hit Gamecube numbers. And no one threw a fit or had a panic attack about that. Nintendo home consoles are a more niche product than the 3rd party consoles, and this one's had a rough start. That doesn't mean it's dead. In fact, it's just warming up. And sales are irrelevant anyways, because whether it sells 20 million or 100 million, it's going to play out the same as always- limited 3rd party AAA support, full 1st party Nintendo support.

Third, I own a Vita and a Wii U, and I'm sorry but the Vita doesn't even come close, it just doesn't. I like my Vita, and I'm glad I bought it. I'm a gamer, and I appreciate all platforms. But when Killzone is one of the top titles, and there's only 3 major releases scheduled for the year (all of which are ports), you've got a serious problem. Wii U is critically acclaimed exclusive after critically acclaimed exclusive. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Super Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, W101, Wii Sports Club, Zelda Windwaker HD, New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, etc... Say what you will, but I actually own both consoles and can make a fair assessment. I also own a PS4 and 3DS. And guess what, my Wii U sees more play than all my other consoles combined. The games really are THAT fun.

I don't mean to rag on you, but I hate it when people presume to insult the Wii U simply because the sales have been disappointing its first year. Sales and quality of product are two separate things. Unlike Sony, Nintendo never has, and never will, be a mainstay for AAA 3rd party support. They don't DEPEND on 3rd party support to sell consoles. Sony does. Which is why Vita may never recover, but Wii U will certainly go on to match the success of it's grandfathers, the N64 and Gamecube. You can't get around the fact that Nintendo consoles sell based on Nintendo games, and Nintendo to this day continues to make some of the funnest games in the world, and Wii U is no exception- in fact, it's the best home console Nintendo has ever made imo.

Now, whether or not the majority of gamers choose to realize this is irrelevant. The console is still fun, and it's a great buy for your money. If you can get it cheap, that's great. But please don't act like the console is worthless just because it's unpopular. Some of the best games I've ever played IN MY LIFE, have been on the Wii U. Unfortunately, don't think I can say the same for the Vita (although I am excited for FFX/X-2 and Borderlands 2), And it's still got 5 long years ahead of it with even more on the way. And for the record, Vita isn't dead yet- as long as games are coming, the platform is alive and well. The day no more games are scheduled for release, THEN you can say a platform is dead.

I meant to post something about this the other night (Wednesday I think) but completely forgot and don't think it deserves it's own thread.  I saw Windwaker HD tagged $28.71 and Mario Kart DS tagged $10.71 at the Roseville, MI store.  Good prices on both but left them as it was a bit too much for me when I already have them.

My local Sam's Club in South Jordan, UT had the same Wii U w/ Nintendoland label up for ~$150, but I asked someone to come over and look for stock and they checked their systems and nothing there or any close Sam's. :/

Called my local sams just out of curiosity. As i was a sucker that bought that 390.00 zombiu bundle last march. but it was a no go in Cincinnati

wow...i wish i was lucky enough to have any steal like this near me..ever. I'll check Sam's Club and even buy a membership if they really have a wii u deluxe for $200 or less

You may want to take that down since it has your serial number.

I guarantee you that millions of Wii U buyers could care less if the console has less than stellar sales, the majority of the people who bought this console probably never even look at the numbers. What you are hearing is the vocal 1%... and a lot of them are people who don't even own the console, complaining about something they don't even own. The console hasn't sold up to standards but its not a virtual boy or a game.com and it still has a lot of life left in it. I think there are plenty of games out, how many do you play?  If someone is blowing through Nintendo games in one night to the point where they have beat them all on the console then perhaps you need to get another hobby. It also plays Wii games, so if you haven't beaten them all yet, there is that as well, and the Super Mario galaxy series should entertain you for at least a couple weeks..  I don't see a problem here.

$200 should have been the normal price for a Wii U.

The Wii U is doing so bad that the CEO of Nintendo cut his salary in half in order to make up for the horrible sales.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-ceo-slashes-salary-in-half-to-apologise-for-wii-u-losses/1100-6417409/

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata will slash his pay in half for the next five months, following disappointing financial results for the Wii U and 3DS maker.

Other members of the Nintendo board will take a pay cut ranging between 20 and 30 percent of their salary.

The company announced last week that it was reducing its sales expectations for the Wii U by two thirds, now expecting to shift 2.8 million Wii U consoles for the 12-month period ending March 2014.

Nintendo originally expected to shift 9 million Wii U's in the same period.

Nintendo released its third quarter financial results overnight, announcing an operating loss of roughly $15 million for the nine months ending December 31, 2013.

Look, the hardware ALONE costs more than the MSRP of $300. So there is no way anyone can reasonably say that this is what the price SHOULD be. They're already losing money. You're already getting more than you're paying for at full price. You can get the 3DS handheld for $200, but the full HD living room experience WITH Gamepad support is going to run you an extra hundred bucks, AS IT SHOULD. Wii U should be $200 just like PS4 should be $250. Yeah, right.
The Wii U is using technology that's a few years old. BTW the tablet gamepad should have been optional since most people aren't going to pay extra for a subpar tablet hybrid controller. The technology in that tablet gamepad is so out of date that Nintendo is making themselves look bad for including it. It's obvious Nintendo made some bad engineering designs and expects people to overlook them.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-wii-u-graphics-power-finally-revealed

Here is the GPU that is similar to the one that's in the Wii U. Keep in mind that it was released in late 2008. What year did the Wii U launch?

It was ballpark speculation at the time based on what we had eyeballed at the event, but the final GPU is indeed a close match to the 4650/4670, albeit with a deficit in the number of texture-mapping units and a lower clock speed - 550MHz.

Thanks for the tip OP. Showed none in stock and the nearest Sam's Club is a short venture so I had to break the rule in calling first to check. Guy put me on hold and then said that he did have a bundle and it was $191.xx. when he said bundle I just bypassed it thinking it would be the nintendoland bundle and went to pick it up. When I got there I didn't see a dedicated Wii U section and asked one of the workers (the one i called I beleive) and he got the card and it was a placemarker for the LOZ bundle  :D/ the placemarker had a few price stickers over the current 191 price so it wasnt just a sudden jump 
2l8zpsx.jpg

Just managed to get a one day pass to my local sams club, and for 10% fee, got a zelda wii u bundle for $225 and change.  Thanks OP...my son is happy now.

I'll eventually pick up Wii u but not anytime soon.  Once they have a proper Zelda l'ii be much more likely to buy it.  For now, the real games are on the 3DS.

Second, a console is not "dead" from one year of bad sales. That's ignorant. Even if the console had a repeat of 2013 for the next 5 years straight, it will STILL hit Gamecube numbers. And no one threw a fit or had a panic attack about that. Nintendo home consoles are a more niche product than the 3rd party consoles, and this one's had a rough start. That doesn't mean it's dead. In fact, it's just warming up. And sales are irrelevant anyways, because whether it sells 20 million or 100 million, it's going to play out the same as always- limited 3rd party AAA support, full 1st party Nintendo support.

Third, I own a Vita and a Wii U, and I'm sorry but the Vita doesn't even come close, it just doesn't. I like my Vita, and I'm glad I bought it. I'm a gamer, and I appreciate all platforms. But when Killzone is one of the top titles, and there's only 3 major releases scheduled for the year (all of which are ports), you've got a serious problem. Wii U is critically acclaimed exclusive after critically acclaimed exclusive. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Super Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, W101, Wii Sports Club, Zelda Windwaker HD, New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, etc... Say what you will, but I actually own both consoles and can make a fair assessment. I also own a PS4 and 3DS. And guess what, my Wii U sees more play than all my other consoles combined. The games really are THAT fun.

I don't mean to rag on you, but I hate it when people presume to insult the Wii U simply because the sales have been disappointing its first year. Sales and quality of product are two separate things. Unlike Sony, Nintendo never has, and never will, be a mainstay for AAA 3rd party support. They don't DEPEND on 3rd party support to sell consoles. Sony does. Which is why Vita may never recover, but Wii U will certainly go on to match the success of it's grandfathers, the N64 and Gamecube. You can't get around the fact that Nintendo consoles sell based on Nintendo games, and Nintendo to this day continues to make some of the funnest games in the world, and Wii U is no exception- in fact, it's the best home console Nintendo has ever made imo.

Now, whether or not the majority of gamers choose to realize this is irrelevant. The console is still fun, and it's a great buy for your money. If you can get it cheap, that's great. But please don't act like the console is worthless just because it's unpopular. Some of the best games I've ever played IN MY LIFE, have been on the Wii U. Unfortunately, don't think I can say the same for the Vita (although I am excited for FFX/X-2 and Borderlands 2), And it's still got 5 long years ahead of it with even more on the way. And for the record, Vita isn't dead yet- as long as games are coming, the platform is alive and well. The day no more games are scheduled for release, THEN you can say a platform is dead.
Holy fanboyisms batman!

1. The price should NOT be $300. Just because it costs Nintendo $400 or whatever to make the Wii U, that doesn't mean it should cost that much. The console should cost whatever the market can bear and that is between 200 and 250 dollars. Your argument is like saying the customer was wrong because they didn't buy new coke. No, Coca-Cola was wrong for misjudging the market. In this case, Nintendo fucked up, not the consumer and the fact that you blame the consumer for Nintendo's shitty market research proves your short sighted fanboy behavior. Not to mention, people here always want things cheaper.

2. The Wii U is NOT tracking with GameCube numbers, it's selling below those numbers. On top of that, the GameCube was profitable for Nintendo. The Wii U and the Wii U software are all losing money. Huge difference. I thought the Wii U would be discontinued this year but it seems Nintendo is doubling down. If they have another miserable holiday this year the console is toast.

3. You are a fan of Nintendo games, we get it. Go buy more platformers. Your list had like 2 games that actually looked interesting to me. I own a Wii U too yet I've bought only 1 game aside from cheap/free downloads and that was Funky Barn for $9.99 for my kid. I'm one of those responsible for Nintendo's shitty tie ratio as well as massive losses last year (BTW, I bought my Wind Waker Wii U for $225 on Black Friday).

4. Nintendo has had consoles with good third party support, so you're wrong there. All the previous NIntendo consoles were profitable day one. To compare the Wii U to previous consoles is foolish.

5. Best case scenario, Wii U is discontinued after 4 years. I can't see it lasting ANOTHER 5 years from today. At most it's got a 5 year life which means it's got under 4 years left in it. At worst this will be it's last year if it has poor sales again.

I guarantee you that millions of Wii U buyers could care less if the console has less than stellar sales, the majority of the people who bought this console probably never even look at the numbers. What you are hearing is the vocal 1%... and a lot of them are people who don't even own the console, complaining about something they don't even own. The console hasn't sold up to standards but its not a virtual boy or a game.com and it still has a lot of life left in it. I think there are plenty of games out, how many do you play? If someone is blowing through Nintendo games in one night to the point where they have beat them all on the console then perhaps you need to get another hobby. It also plays Wii games, so if you haven't beaten them all yet, there is that as well, and the Super Mario galaxy series should entertain you for at least a couple weeks.. I don't see a problem here.
People care about sales because that impact how much is developed on the platform and if it's discontinued. I bought the platform with the understanding that it could well be discontinued in the near future.

$200 should have been the normal price for a Wii U.

The Wii U is doing so bad that the CEO of Nintendo cut his salary in half in order to make up for the horrible sales.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-ceo-slashes-salary-in-half-to-apologise-for-wii-u-losses/1100-6417409/
This move by the CEO was pretty pathetic. There's a discussion about this on the Wii message board so I won't go into great detail but they're just throwing money down a rathole buying back stock instead of opening development studios and paying 3rd party's to make exclusives. They're wasting enough money that they could have (quite literally) dozens of exclusives.

The Wii U is using technology that's a few years old. BTW the tablet gamepad should have been optional since most people aren't going willing to be extra for a subpar tablet hybrid controller. The technology in that tablet gamepad is so out of date that Nintendo is making themselves look bad for looking it. It's obvious Nintendo made some bad engineering designs and expects people to overlook them.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-wii-u-graphics-power-finally-revealed

Here is the GPU that is similar to the one that's in the Wii U. Keep in mind that it was released in late 2008. What year did the Wii U launch?
The problem is, based on an article I read, that Nintendo wanted a quiet console so the little kids would be able to have the console in their parent's living room without "mom" being upset about the loud fan while they're playing on the gamepad. Also, if they had put better hardware in there they would have taken even greater losses and Nintendo probably didn't want to do that.

Keep calling my three local stores and they say they're out of stock. What are the odds they're just not checking? Anyone know of a way to check stock online?

Thanks for the tip OP. Showed none in stock and the nearest Sam's Club is a short venture so I had to break the rule in calling first to check. Guy put me on hold and then said that he did have a bundle and it was $191.xx. when he said bundle I just bypassed it thinking it would be the nintendoland bundle and went to pick it up. When I got there I didn't see a dedicated Wii U section and asked one of the workers (the one i called I beleive) and he got the card and it was a placemarker for the LOZ bundle :D/ the placemarker had a few price stickers over the current 191 price so it wasnt just a sudden jump
2l8zpsx.jpg
Why are all the good deals on the east coast I want to buy a Zelda bundle pretty bad. But finding deals like these is really keeping me from spending $300. It's so retarded that walmart won't price match them also. So jealous of this deal :( all I have here locally is a joke and never have good deals walmart, shopko, Kmart, gamestop, and Walgreens.

I don't believe for a minute the Wii-U costs $400 to make. That's crazy, no way.

I think they are taking additional "impairment" losses due to the extreme miss on their initial projections, so obviously there are R&D costs that might not be realized. However those are FIXED costs, not the same thing as the unit costs being $400 each to produce each incremental console.

Basically (just throwing out round numbers) if they had invested $1 Billion R&D before the Wii-U launched, and expected to sell 100 million lifetime units - that's $10 per console. However if they need to make drastic changes to their projections, say that they can now only safely project lifetime sales of 20 Million units - that's $50 per console for the exact same R&D costs. Does this mean the actual cost of the console is $40 more? No. It is just an accounting allocation, and their misjudgment of the market. Most likely that's what is going on when Nintendo inflates the cost of the console to justify why they can't cut MSRP further. However as you can see, it's a viscious cycle since their refusal to cut costs is directly hurting their unit sales. 

bread's done
Back