Wii U 32GB Black with Nintendo Land for $191.71 at Sam's Club.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
Saw this over at my local Sam's. 

Phones will never replace computers. Goddmanit. Can't even copy/paste an image url.

EDIT:

2uducyr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
store closest to me is showing [299.98 Pick up in Club] - in stock

is there any chance it will ring up any lower, or is the site accurate for the most part? Thinking about going down and checking

store closest to me is showing [299.98 Pick up in Club] - in stock

is there any chance it will ring up any lower, or is the site accurate for the most part? Thinking about going down and checking
the store that's 72 mile from me in north colorado has it for $118 but all other 12 store in the denver area have nothing

Plus, they had a sale on New Luigi U at Best Buy not too long ago. 15 bucks new on sale, 12 bucks if you're a Gamer Unlocked member.
Eh. I wouldn't play that game. Every since I was little, that sped up, rush Super Mario Bros. music has haunted me.

The units are brand new. Don't call ahead, most store reps will be unaware of clearance price drops this sharp and will make-up BS explanations like they were returns, damaged, etc. to block the deal to get it for themselves.

When you go to get the price adjustment, don't provide more information than you need to like where you heard about the deal or that you bought it online to re-purchase in-store, etc. Just ask for the price adjustment. If you're within seven days, you should be able to do it. If they say they can't because it's an online order, tell them you want to return and re-buy it. If they refuse, ask to speak to the manager and explain that you simply bought the item a few days ago and then later noticed that it's now on sale. Don't get into specifics of how the price is different online, and definitely do not mention that it's a clearance price. Just stay cool, and I'm sure it should go through. At worse, just return it. It's worth it, to get a brand new Wii U for 62.71.
Well...that failed miserably :'(. They really did not like the fact that it was ordered online. The lady at the c.s. desk told me they could refund me all my money, and that I could just order it at the $62 price-tag online. wtf

And on top of that, apparently they can't refund me the shipping cost. Told 'em I'll have to think about it (i.e. I did not return it).

I think I'm gonna try a couple of different locations before calling it quits...

No idea, took a stab at it and called and was surprised to hear that they still had one
Well, congrats, that's a hell of a deal. It's just mind blowing that here we are, two months after the OP created this thread, and people are still finding them. Here I thought 225 at Target for the Wind Waker bundle was a great deal! Based on how terrible non-holiday sales are, CAG is going to represent a significant portion of their Jan-March quarter Wii U hardware sales!

Well...that failed miserably :'(. They really did not like the fact that it was ordered online. The lady at the c.s. desk told me they could refund me all my money, and that I could just order it at the $62 price-tag online. wtf

And on top of that, apparently they can't refund me the shipping cost. Told 'em I'll have to think about it (i.e. I did not return it).

I think I'm gonna try a couple of different locations before calling it quits...
Did they specifically say they couldn't re-sell it to you, if you returned it? Some stores have a policy where the item just has to be put back on the floor first.

Also, did you get the manager involved? If the cashier doesn't know how to process an adjustment on an online order, I would ask for them to get a superior who does. Politely, but firm so that they understand you're not just going to walk away because they don't know how to do it.

If that doesn't work, I would try another location like you said. I just noticed another price drop in my area to 78.71, so it's likely another store will have a price close if not exactly at 62.71.

Did they specifically say they couldn't re-sell it to you, if you returned it? Some stores have a policy where the item just has to be put back on the floor first.

Also, did you get the manager involved? If the cashier doesn't know how to process an adjustment on an online order, I would ask for them to get a superior who does. Politely, but firm so that they understand you're not just going to walk away because they don't know how to do it.

If that doesn't work, I would try another location like you said. I just noticed another price drop in my area to 78.71, so it's likely another store will have a price close if not exactly at 62.71.
It was actually pretty fucking nuts (went to two locations today, both 'fails'). The one had two women working there who kept saying that they absolutely positively cannot match an online price to an in-store price. They claimed that SamsClub.com and Sam's were two separate entities (one of the women was the manager).

The second store kept me there for literally half-an-hour. They called the store that had the system shown online (but out of stock) for $62.xx, and confirmed they didn't have it in stock, so they said they couldn't match it. On top of that, they told me even if the other store had it in-stock...they still wouldn't be able to match it because each brick-and-mortar Sam's operates as its own individual store (wtf?). On top of that, the manager at this store said that she wasn't even sure she could take the item from me as a return. She fucking made a photocopy of my club card and packing slip, and then told me she'd call me back tomorrow with an "answer". Answer meaning whether or not I'd be allowed to return my online purchase to her store. Un-fucking-believable...

Why not return it to the first store around closing time (if it was $62 at that store but out of stock) and go there first thing the next morning and try to pick it up for that price? Sounds like it would work in theory.

I'd eat the shipping as a loss if it worked. If not, then consider it a learning experience?

It was actually pretty fucking nuts (went to two locations today, both 'fails'). The one had two women working there who kept saying that they absolutely positively cannot match an online price to an in-store price. They claimed that SamsClub.com and Sam's were two separate entities (one of the women was the manager).
The second store kept me there for literally half-an-hour. They called the store that had the system shown online (but out of stock) for $62.xx, and confirmed they didn't have it in stock, so they said they couldn't match it. On top of that, they told me even if the other store had it in-stock...they still wouldn't be able to match it because each brick-and-mortar Sam's operates as its own individual store (wtf?). On top of that, the manager at this store said that she wasn't even sure she could take the item from me as a return. She fucking made a photocopy of my club card and packing slip, and then told me she'd call me back tomorrow with an "answer". Answer meaning whether or not I'd be allowed to return my online purchase to her store. Un-fucking-believable...
Well it Actually posted on walmart website they won't price match there online prices or other Sam clubs or walmart cause there reason for it is they are not in competition with themselves it in the frequent ask questions of there price match policy it sucks but they were actually only going by the policies they were given

Why not return it to the first store around closing time (if it was $62 at that store but out of stock) and go there first thing the next morning and try to pick it up for that price? Sounds like it would work in theory.

I'd eat the shipping as a loss if it worked. If not, then consider it a learning experience?
You're right, in theory it ought to work. But, at this point I think I'm just gonna give it a rest. With all this running around, feels like I've already burned $20 or so in gas...so I'm just chasing after my "white whale".

Well it Actually posted on walmart website they won't price match there online prices or other Sam clubs or walmart cause there reason for it is they are not in competition with themselves it in the frequent ask questions of there price match policy it sucks but they were actually only going by the policies they were given
Of course; the deal was obviously YMMV (highly), and I was fortunate enough as is to have even scored the Zelda one at the mark-down price. I was merely trying to push that luck even further, especially when another CAG wanted to help coach me through the process.

Just picked up a Zelda LE wii u for $153.71 today in Gurnee, IL. Went in to a Sams club for the first time ever and couldn't believe my luck. Wii u was in the bottom of a cage upfront and box was covered in dust. Best thing is I am not even a Sams club member and when I asked if they did one day memberships the women just scanned the box and let me pay with no membership. Lucky day for sure!

They have trial memberships that you can get at the service desk, I think. Some people also say if you buy something without a membership they charge you 10% more on the item.  They also do shopping days 1-2 times a year where non-members can buy anything they want. My Sam's doesn't care who walks in the door, half the time they don't even have a greeter there, and when they do they never even look at your card. You can also get in with an expired membership card and still go to the food stand and buy the cheap lunch without having a membership card since the food stand has a dummy card they scan for every food purchase. I don't think the cards even have a date on them.

You have to watch the cashiers closely though, we only shop with the ones who have been there forever, my family and I have been scammed or short changed so many times at the register at Sam's I cannot even count and this never happens at any other store.

Just picked up a Zelda LE wii u for $153.71 today in Gurnee, IL. Went in to a Sams club for the first time ever and couldn't believe my luck. Wii u was in the bottom of a cage upfront and box was covered in dust. Best thing is I am not even a Sams club member and when I asked if they did one day memberships the women just scanned the box and let me pay with no membership. Lucky day for sure!
Wow, congrats. I live 40 minutes away from that store. Any idea if they had any left in stock? I'd call but the store is already closed for the night. With the day of tomorrow I'd make the drive for sure if they did...

It looked like it was the last one but I can't tell for sure because they took it out of a caged area at the front. It was sitting right in the bottom and was literally covered in dust. Thanks to the OP as this thread was the only reason I checked the store when I was working in the area and had a bit of downtime.

A friend and I spent all afternoon calling Sam's Club stores across the country and we found nothing.  All the stores were selling at the regular price.

I even called some of the stores where people in this thread claimed to have found cheap systems. Guess what? The employees had no idea what I was talking about.

A friend and I spent all afternoon calling Sam's Club stores across the country and we found nothing. All the stores were selling at the regular price.

I even called some of the stores where people in this thread claimed to have found cheap systems. Guess what? The employees had no idea what I was talking about.
Have you ever heard about the "do not call" rule?

A friend and I spent all afternoon calling Sam's Club stores across the country and we found nothing. All the stores were selling at the regular
price.

Dang guys he figured out that we all pulled a big joke on him.

VICTORY IN MADISON!!

The Sam's Club out here had a single Zelda set left, priced at $158. Covered in dust even though it was in front of the PS3s and such in the cage, weirdly enough.

Way late to this thread, but I may be near one tonight or tomorrow and will definitely check if Wii U's are in stock. 2 questions;

1. Is it a hassle to go in without a membership?

2. Saw the $62 price mentioned. Assuming they won't ring up at that price is there some way I can do a price match with the cashier?

Way late to this thread, but I may be near one tonight or tomorrow and will definitely check if Wii U's are in stock. 2 questions;

1. Is it a hassle to go in without a membership?

2. Saw the $62 price mentioned. Assuming they won't ring up at that price is there some way I can do a price match with the cashier?
1. They'll generally charge you an extra 10% and you'll have to pay with cash or debit, but it's easy to get in as long as you have one of these: http://help.samsclub.com/ci/fattach/get/18078/0/filename/ITS+thru+March+2014.pdf

2. I've never had any success asking one location to match another location's clearance pricing, but no harm in asking.

I don't know if I'd straight ask to price match a $299 item to $62 .. I'd probably go the lesser route of $191, which is still a deal, but not as blatantly obvious as asking to get it for $62. That's red flag city right there.

Oh Wii U... how I covet thee on the cheap.  The new Donkey Kong looks fantastic. 

Ain't no way my Sam's will honor this, though.

Wow, thanks S_G! I'll be sure to stick to your plan. Only thing attractive about the Zelda kit is the gamepad anyway.
Well also any game download code, even free ones from Nintendo, are worth their normal digital cost in regards to the Wii U's rewards program of spending $50 & getting $5 back. Made Earthbound a $5 purchase for me after I had first redeemed my Zelda Wind Waker HD code.

bread's done
Back