Wii U back in stock @ Target

[quote name='shadowkast']Very true[/QUOTE]

That was due to lack of sales and the price point, it was $250 right? I am an early adopter to most of this stuff so I don't mind paying a premium but we are all smart enough to know there will be a price drop in the future, just how far is the question.

If you want to wait or wait for a special edition system like buffdrew then go for it, no need to rush into it right now.

[quote name='crunchewy']That 400k number is for the US. A google search would tell you that.[/QUOTE]

Oh. Ok well goodjob for nintendo.

[quote name='SaraAB']They do not allow you to input a friend's name then send a message to your friend so they can register you. You both still have to input each other's names and register separately. Dear Nintendo, I am an adult and I really don't need these types of protections, that is why I have gone to the other side.[/QUOTE]

Actually this apparently is not true. If you go to the MiiVerse you can search for a username, click send Friend Request and then they just click Accept.

[quote name='crunchewy']Actually this apparently is not true. If you go to the MiiVerse you can search for a username, click send Friend Request and then they just click Accept.[/QUOTE]

Ok, some other people were saying if you added someone they have to type it in in order to add you back but this is probably a much easier way.

The only reason the Wii didn't sell more is there was no supply, if they had the supply they could have moved a very large number.

If Pokemon B&W 2 was on the 3DS I would be a little more optimistic right now, but I think the thought of myself and everyone else is why buy a 3DS when the games we want are still being released on the DS? They really shot themselves in the foot on this one, as having this game as 3DS only would have caused a lot of people go out and purchase a 3DS that otherwise wouldn't have.

I haven't even heard rumblings of a full Pokemon RPG for the 3DS yet, which means it will be about 2 years from now before one hits the USA.

I wonder if priced on used Wii U models will be good in Jan/Feb when everyone has had their fun and realized they don't use the system so they start to sell off their systems? It was this way for the original DS, it was hard to get at first but priced tanked after Xmas when everyone realized there were no games for it, it took about 9-12 months for games to start coming for the first DS. If so this might be a good way for someone to get a barely used console a little bit cheaper.

If you buy this now you have to be prepared to keep it for life and let it sit and collect dust inbetween game releases, plus you have to be willing to pay $60 for each game day 1.

It would have been good idea to buy a Wii at launch if you could find one that its because you would have been able to play the games with your family over the holidays then you could have sold it used for probably a lot more than you paid for it, and still had your fun.

im reading/posting this on a wii u, its worth it, netflix is better then the 360 ps3 counterparts, miiverse is great, zombi U rocks unbeleivably, and its a good system... its bc so if you dont have a wii then its a wii + better graphics more functionality with the tablit etc. Only got 2 game so far but its worth it as an investment. and nextyear theres mh 3 ultimate, pikmin 3, bayonetta 2 i hope, and a few more probably. Dont knock it till u buy it, and this isnt fanboyism, i got a nintendo console for the first time since the old ds/gamecube before that, i have TWO 360's, one is a halo 4 bundle one... I dont need 20 mediocre launch titles, 2 great ones is fine, and ppl love ac3, nintendoland, and batman armored, but i dont have so speculation, quality over quantity...

[quote name='Hemi']im reading/posting this on a wii u, its worth it, netflix is better then the 360 ps3 counterparts, miiverse is great, zombi U rocks unbeleivably, and its a good system... its bc so if you dont have a wii then its a wii + better graphics more functionality with the tablit etc. Only got 2 game so far but its worth it as an investment. and nextyear theres mh 3 ultimate, pikmin 3, bayonetta 2 i hope, and a few more probably. Dont knock it till u buy it, and this isnt fanboyism, i got a nintendo console for the first time since the old ds/gamecube before that, i have TWO 360's, one is a halo 4 bundle one... I dont need 20 mediocre launch titles, 2 great ones is fine, and ppl love ac3, nintendoland, and batman armored, but i dont have so speculation, quality over quantity...[/QUOTE]

How is buying a depreciating product an investment by any stretch of the imagination?

[quote name='Octopod']Wii U - 400k sold in its first week.

PS3 - 197k in its first two weeks in the US.

X360 - 326k in its first two weeks in the US.

Wii - 476k in its first two weeks in the US.

Obviously someone wants the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, no.

For quick reference, here are the sales figures for all consoles and handhelds during Black Friday week.

• Xbox 360 - 750,000
  • PlayStation 3 - 525,000
  • Wii U - 400,000
  • Wii - 300,000
  • Nintendo DS - 275,000
  • Nintendo 3DS - 250,000
  • PlayStation Vita - 160,000
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/29/comparing-nintendo-sony-and-microsoft-black-friday-sales

[quote name='oasisboy']Ahhhh, no.

For quick reference, here are the sales figures for all consoles and handhelds during Black Friday week.

• Xbox 360 - 750,000
  • PlayStation 3 - 525,000
  • Wii U - 400,000
  • Wii - 300,000
  • Nintendo DS - 275,000
  • Nintendo 3DS - 250,000
  • PlayStation Vita - 160,000
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/29/comparing-nintendo-sony-and-microsoft-black-friday-sales[/QUOTE]

Why are you bringing up that Black Friday list? The other list you are responding to is talking about the numbers for the first few weeks when each console was launched. How is it relevant other than showing that the Xbox and PS3 had fantastic bundle deals.

[quote name='tyrone888']Why are you bringing up that Black Friday list? The other list you are responding to is talking about the numbers for the first few weeks when each console was launched. How is it relevant other than showing that the Xbox and PS3 had fantastic bundle deals.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I think total sale through after the 1st quarter it's available is a better indicator. We all know the PS3 and 360 sold out and those first week numbers are because that's all the inventory they had.

Also, there were no bundles the year they launched. Where were you 6 or 7 years ago?

[quote name='Blaster man']Eh, I think total sale through after the 1st quarter it's available is a better indicator. We all know the PS3 and 360 sold out and those first week numbers are because that's all the inventory they had.

Also, there were no bundles the year they launched. Where were you 6 or 7 years ago?[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about launch bundles. I'm talking about Black Friday bundles for the Xbox 360 and PS3 resulted in big sales numbers for those consoles this year. Re: Oasisboy's posted list.

And no, PS3s did not sell out when they were launched. Too expensive at $499 and $599 price points.

[quote name='tyrone888']I'm not talking about launch bundles. I'm talking about Black Friday bundles for the Xbox 360 and PS3 resulted in big sales numbers for those consoles this year. Re: Oasisboy's posted list.[/QUOTE]

Okay. Well I'm still confident that there will be a price drop in 2013.

I'm one of those 'el hordos'. Bought two, and will be returning one now since I'm set to lose money. For ppl like myself, we need all the help we can get and I was hoping just a little bit of extra money so I could help pay for other stuff less painful.

Came into this thread expecting rampant, mindless fanboyism, "not a deal" copypasta, el hoardos, Michael Pachters, and the 2012 national debate team champions. Needless to say, my expectations have been met. :D

Personally, I've been enjoying my WiiU since launch. Miiverse is far more entertaining than expected, Mario has some of the best stage design out of all the games in the series and looks downright gorgeous at times, and ZombiU is an intense, underappreciated hit. Can't say much for Nintendoland since I barely put time into it. So uh, on behalf of those who actually need help tracking down a unit, thanks OP.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I'm one of those 'el hordos'. Bought two, and will be returning one now since I'm set to lose money. For ppl like myself, we need all the help we can get and I was hoping just a little bit of extra money so I could help pay for other stuff less painful.[/QUOTE]

You should wait until after Christmas to return it if you can. The weeks leading up to Xmas could see a lot of last minute shoppers who pick one up. But if it's only 30 days to return, then, yeah go ahead and return it.

I bought the bundle from newegg that cost 540 after shipping. Which not bad because newegg for us Yorkers does not charge tax. I looked into their refund policy and they take 15% restocking fee. So, gonna have to sell one right before Christmas should do it for that one.

[quote name='Firecrest']Came into this thread expecting rampant, mindless fanboyism, "not a deal" copypasta, el hoardos, Michael Pachters, and the 2012 national debate team champions. Needless to say, my expectations have been met. :D

Personally, I've been enjoying my WiiU since launch. Miiverse is far more entertaining than expected, Mario has some of the best stage design out of all the games in the series and looks downright gorgeous at times, and ZombiU is an intense, underappreciated hit. Can't say much for Nintendoland since I barely put time into it. So uh, on behalf of those who actually need help tracking down a unit, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Pachter predicted 3 million Wii U's this holiday.

[quote name='tyrone888']I'm not talking about launch bundles. I'm talking about Black Friday bundles for the Xbox 360 and PS3 resulted in big sales numbers for those consoles this year. Re: Oasisboy's posted list.

And no, PS3s did not sell out when they were launched. Too expensive at $499 and $599 price points.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure the PS3 sold out when launched and a quick google search points to this being true with pre-orders selling out and them being way under their thoughts that 400k would be available on launch. Of course that wasn't saying much because there were production issues with cell so it wasn't that many available and sales of it dropped pretty quickly after christmas.

Comparing console launch numbers is kind of stupid though. It doesn't point to if the console will do well and there are lots of other things effecting sales.

[quote name='Saablic']I am pretty sure the PS3 sold out when launched and a quick google search points to this being true with pre-orders selling out and them being way under their thoughts that 400k would be available on launch. Of course that wasn't saying much because there were production issues with cell so it wasn't that many available and sales of it dropped pretty quickly after christmas.

Comparing console launch numbers is kind of stupid though. It doesn't point to if the console will do well and there are lots of other things effecting sales.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I do remember the PS3 having production issues when it launched.

I believe the point of comparing launch numbers is to show that the Wii U is currently in demand even though you can find some available at stores...which seem to vary between states. So people claiming that it is not selling well just because they saw a box or two behind the Gamestop counter is just funny.

[quote name='Firecrest']Came into this thread expecting rampant, mindless fanboyism, "not a deal" copypasta, el hoardos, Michael Pachters, and the 2012 national debate team champions. Needless to say, my expectations have been met. :D

Personally, I've been enjoying my WiiU since launch. Miiverse is far more entertaining than expected, Mario has some of the best stage design out of all the games in the series and looks downright gorgeous at times, and ZombiU is an intense, underappreciated hit. Can't say much for Nintendoland since I barely put time into it. So uh, on behalf of those who actually need help tracking down a unit, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hemi']im reading/posting this on a wii u, its worth it, netflix is better then the 360 ps3 counterparts, miiverse is great, zombi U rocks unbeleivably, and its a good system... its bc so if you dont have a wii then its a wii + better graphics more functionality with the tablit etc. Only got 2 game so far but its worth it as an investment. and nextyear theres mh 3 ultimate, pikmin 3, bayonetta 2 i hope, and a few more probably. Dont knock it till u buy it, and this isnt fanboyism, i got a nintendo console for the first time since the old ds/gamecube before that, i have TWO 360's, one is a halo 4 bundle one... I dont need 20 mediocre launch titles, 2 great ones is fine, and ppl love ac3, nintendoland, and batman armored, but i dont have so speculation, quality over quantity...[/QUOTE]

I bought my wiiu for bayonetta 2 :lol:. I am very suprised by miiverse and zombiu. Both are great. Haven't even tried other games yet.

Happy with the purchase but do have 2 big complaints. Long load times and freezes are really annoying.

Well, of all the places I went today, 3 stores had them in stock but were all basics. Best Buy, 2 Targets, Wal-mart were sold out. 2 Game stops (in the same mall) and a toys R us had 2-3 basics.

[quote name='Deader2818']Well, of all the places I went today, 3 stores had them in stock but were all basics. Best Buy, 2 Targets, Wal-mart were sold out. 2 Game stops (in the same mall) and a toys R us had 2-3 basics.[/QUOTE]

Basic Wii U systems are such a bummer. Hold out for a Deluxe since it's a better value.

[quote name='tyrone888']You're right. I do remember the PS3 having production issues when it launched.

I believe the point of comparing launch numbers is to show that the Wii U is currently in demand even though you can find some available at stores...which seem to vary between states. So people claiming that it is not selling well just because they saw a box or two behind the Gamestop counter is just funny.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly only around 1/4 of estimated consoles were sent to retailers. lol... I think people even got shot on launch day. >_<

[quote name='tyrone888']Basic Wii U systems are such a bummer. Hold out for a Deluxe since it's a better value.[/QUOTE]

I feel bad for people that settled for Basic models on launch day that opened there consoles and stuck with now.

[quote name='Blaster man']Eh, I think total sale through after the 1st quarter it's available is a better indicator. We all know the PS3 and 360 sold out and those first week numbers are because that's all the inventory they had.

Also, there were no bundles the year they launched. Where were you 6 or 7 years ago?[/QUOTE]

You are wrong about the Xbox 360 bundles. I purchased a few from Sam's that included an extra wireless controller, remote control & another game.

[quote name='tyrone888']Basic Wii U systems are such a bummer. Hold out for a Deluxe since it's a better value.[/QUOTE]

Or alternatively, just skip the Wii U completely, and save $350. Better solution!

[quote name='tyrone888']Why are you bringing up that Black Friday list? The other list you are responding to is talking about the numbers for the first few weeks when each console was launched. How is it relevant other than showing that the Xbox and PS3 had fantastic bundle deals.[/QUOTE]

Point is that a 6 and 7 year old console is getting more interest than a brand new next gen console.

[quote name='oasisboy']Point is that a 6 and 7 year old console is getting more interest than a brand new next gen console.[/QUOTE]

Yes only because they had BF deals for $199 or less that included 2-5 games bundled.

Im glad to see all the Wii U availablitity. Because of it, I'll probably go an pick one up in the next week or two and donate my old wii to charity. Let the spirit of Christmas consume and in some cases spit most of you back out :applause:

[quote name='Octopod']Wii U - 400k sold in its first week.

PS3 - 197k in its first two weeks in the US.

X360 - 326k in its first two weeks in the US.

Wii - 476k in its first two weeks in the US.

Obviously someone wants the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

That or they were just had a bigger supply and produced more? I'm sure PS3 or Xbox would have sold more if they weren't sold out everywhere

WiiU has too many issues right now. 3rd party games have framerate problems, the system has many crashes/freezes, the graphics are unimpressive even compared to 7 year old console tech, it is expensive for the tech it contains, limited online play, accounts still bound to the console.

[quote name='skiizim']I think a big part of this reseller frenzy is the media, I think too many people tried to capitalize on this but I'm glad Nintendo is making it more available especially for the Holiday season. Do you guys remember how hard it was to get a Wii Fit? As the poster above me mentioned I hope it does do well to get some great third party support and get some descent exclusives, I just hope Nintendo doesn't make it hard for these publishers to do so, I wouldn't want Nintendo to turn into Sega.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it got any media attention at all. Almost all of my friends had no idea what a Wii U was, and the ones that had heard of it thought it was just a pad that you buy for your original Wii

[quote name='tyrone888']Yes only because they had BF deals for $199 or less that included 2-5 games bundled.[/QUOTE]

You mean like the original Wii when it was priced $200 as compared to a PS3 or XBOX 360 that was selling for $300?

Come on man, stop defending Nintendo.

Slightly off topic but for any CAGs in the Inland Empire, So Cal, I just saw a couple of deluxe and a couple of the basic editions at the Super Walmart in Chino. They were at the bottom of the display case for the Wii U.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Or alternatively, just skip the Wii U completely, and save $350. Better solution![/QUOTE]

Die, troll.

not gonna buy games digital, prefer the classic white and not paying an extra 50 for some stands a usb sized hd, and a game gonna be like 20 dollars soon. Soooo personal opinion.

[quote name='xRidley']WiiU has too many issues right now. 3rd party games have framerate problems, the system has many crashes/freezes, the graphics are unimpressive even compared to 7 year old console tech, it is expensive for the tech it contains, limited online play, accounts still bound to the console.[/QUOTE]

ok i can tell you dont have one, framerates fine, graphics are 1080p, and better in alot of cases then the same game, and crashing/freezing is ymmv, not happened to me... STOP MAKING ME DEFEND NINTENDO DAMNIT!!!

[quote name='Hemi']not gonna buy games digital, prefer the classic white and not paying an extra 50 for some stands a usb sized hd, and a game gonna be like 20 dollars soon. Soooo personal opinion.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the bigger internal storage. You add that all up and I'd much rather get the deluxe.

I have flashdrives bigger then the deluxes hd, to download two games is too little space on the deluxe. Its a good bundle for only fifty more but not mandatory for the extras given.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I don't think it got any media attention at all. Almost all of my friends had no idea what a Wii U was, and the ones that had heard of it thought it was just a pad that you buy for your original Wii[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about the wii u, I was talking about the last generation which did. I think the mentality of I'll buy one and sell a second to make up the cost of the first really hit hard this time around.

To be fair though this console is no different than any other console released, it has a small launch lineup with potentially bad ports and the system has potential problems, no different than the launch of the last round. I think the Gamecube and N64 both only launched with 2 games, with the N64 being worse I do believe. I would really like to see a company come out and warranty their console for the entire time that they produce games for it but that is not going to happen.

Almost every console has had problems at launch, PS2 had the disc drive failure, I am not sure what the original XBox had but it had a power supply recall for the early consoles eventually, Gamecube had DRE to an extent but probably the most reliable of the bunch, PS3 has overheating and YLOD, Wii had GPU issues and lets not forget the infamous 360 RROD.

IMO the main reason to wait besides price is to see if any problems crop up on this console like the 360 RROD. No one wants to buy a $350 console that will become a paperweight in 3 years, probably before half the good games are out for it. If the Wii has told us anything its that the best games come out at the end of a system's lifecycle.

I purchased the XBox 360 last year and this year I purchased a PS3, I couldn't be more satisfied with both, it is not likely I will purchase another console for 5+ years since I was very satisfied with purchasing my consoles late in the cycle this time around.

I am not even sure why they made the basic set, they should have just went with the deluxe since you are technically losing money with the Basic, as Nintendo Land costs $60 at retail and you get almost no storage with the basic. Its bad enough that 32GB is the maximum you can get but 8GB is like nothing, basically enough for game saves and the system's firmware.

[quote name='oasisboy']You mean like the original Wii when it was priced $200 as compared to a PS3 or XBOX 360 that was selling for $300?

Come on man, stop defending Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Honestly I have no idea what you're implying or referring to. All I said was that people bought 360s and PS3s this Black Friday because there were awesome deals for them like packing in Black Ops 2, Skyrim, and Forza for $250. When you compare that to $299 for a Wii U with no games or $349 for one with Nintendo Land, it's easy to see why people would choose the 360 or PS3 over a new system with no discounts.

As several posters on the thread already said, this is a location-based issue. I was in Central Florida last week, and there were no systems in the stores I visited (Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, GameStop, Sams Club). Back home in South Florida, I was at a few stores (and have a buddy who services Wal-Marts and Targets), and neither of us have spotted a system.

Perhaps it is just bad timing on my end that I have not seen any systems in the stores or maybe I'm in the areas where demand outweighs the supply.

I don't doubt the regional findings though. I remember visiting a girlfriend in northern Georgia back when the PS3 came out. There were no systems when I looked in SFla, but I went into a GameStop there and spotted 6-8 of them (can't remember the exact count) and purchased one. Funny... I still have the PS3. The girlfriend is long gone. Go figure.

[quote name='Hemi']not gonna buy games digital, prefer the classic white and not paying an extra 50 for some stands a usb sized hd, and a game gonna be like 20 dollars soon. Soooo personal opinion.[/QUOTE]

Well sure, if you dont find value in the Deluxe extras then the Basic is perfect for you. For me, I do want the charging cradle and Nintendo Land, which at the moment goes for $80 combined.

[quote name='Draknight']yeah these can be found pretty much everywhere around me. The two Gamestops around me have four of each version in stock since black Friday. When Ebay prices are priced retail then you know that demand on these are pretty much meeting the supply. Either way laughing at El Hoardo who believed that they can make a killing on these on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

i made 140 on one and 85 on another on launch = )

[quote name='Looking4Deal']As several posters on the thread already said, this is a location-based issue. I was in Central Florida last week, and there were no systems in the stores I visited (Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, GameStop, Sams Club). Back home in South Florida, I was at a few stores (and have a buddy who services Wal-Marts and Targets), and neither of us have spotted a system.

Perhaps it is just bad timing on my end that I have not seen any systems in the stores or maybe I'm in the areas where demand outweighs the supply.

I don't doubt the regional findings though. I remember visiting a girlfriend in northern Georgia back when the PS3 came out. There were no systems when I looked in SFla, but I went into a GameStop there and spotted 6-8 of them (can't remember the exact count) and purchased one. Funny... I still have the PS3. The girlfriend is long gone. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

damn such is life

bread's done
Back