Wii U back in stock @ Target

Just want to say to people, just keep looking... Yesterday both TRU and Target had them in stock ALL DAY. I was out in the morning with my almost 2yr old and then went back out at night to finish shopping. TRU had 4 white ones in stock all day and 1 black one and Target had 3 whites.

lol, there are like everywhere. You can buy them online at Gamestop at MSRP. Nintendo confirms all WiiU now selling require mega download update. New shipment in Jan/Feb will have update included.

[quote name='Rictor']I have looked at every store I've been to since this was released, just to see what demand was like. I saw them in stock at a Meijer for the first time yesterday. They had 2 of the basic units. Every Target and Wal-Mart I've been to has been sold out. I'm guessing the closer we get to Christmas, the harder these will be to find.[/QUOTE]

it all depands on the area you are in for sure. My area the wii was possible to get unlike most places. I think once this thing goes on sale in EU and japan stores here will not get many shipments.

[quote name='Blaster man']Just watched 3 end:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20085281300...IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&autorefresh=true
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181031650645?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121027114447?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
All of these lost money. eBay fees are 10% and PayPal is 3%. + console cost + tax + shipping + insurance + signature confirmation

Take the last one for instance. That one sold the most and even if it wasn't from Hawaii but was from a no sales tax state that was in the lower 48 (best case scenario), you'd be losing money.
$52 fess + 350 console = 402 right there. Add in shipping costs and BOOM losses.[/QUOTE]

not all areas have the same sales tax lol here if you sold it for 400 and have buyer pay shiping you make 20 bucks.

I've only been to target once since launch and not seen at least 2 consoles to purchase. either they are flooding the market or the sales are pretty sorry,

[quote name='Hemi']im reading/posting this on a wii u, its worth it, netflix is better then the 360 ps3 counterparts, miiverse is great, zombi U rocks unbeleivably, and its a good system... its bc so if you dont have a wii then its a wii + better graphics more functionality with the tablit etc. Only got 2 game so far but its worth it as an investment. and nextyear theres mh 3 ultimate, pikmin 3, bayonetta 2 i hope, and a few more probably. Dont knock it till u buy it, and this isnt fanboyism, i got a nintendo console for the first time since the old ds/gamecube before that, i have TWO 360's, one is a halo 4 bundle one... I dont need 20 mediocre launch titles, 2 great ones is fine, and ppl love ac3, nintendoland, and batman armored, but i dont have so speculation, quality over quantity...[/QUOTE]

i disagree i think 360 new looks of apps like netflix are great and even better with kinect i used netflix once on my wii u and will go back to 360. ps3 apps have always looked awful so it's better then ps3 for sure

another thing to remember is stores only update their instock online system every time they open so just because it says a store has one in stock don't mean thye do call before you travel.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']not all areas have the same sales tax lol here if you sold it for 400 and have buyer pay shiping you make 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

You need to go back and re-read my post because you clearly skimmed it. I didn't include sales tax. I used the base case scenario. eBay charges 10% and paypal charges 3%. $350 for the console + $52 fees = $402. Add your $20 bucks shipping and you're up to $422. Now you've LOST 20 bucks.

As for your shipping comment, it doesn't usually work that you can just "make the buyer pay shipping" because typically it all averages out anyway. If this guy had charged $20 for shipping he wouldn't have sold for the price he sold for. Even if you managed to get this guy to pay an extra $20, you're still either losing money or you're making so little money that it probably isn't worth your time.

[quote name='g-man']I've only been to target once since launch and not seen at least 2 consoles to purchase. either they are flooding the market or the sales are pretty sorry,[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the sales must be poor. It only sold more than twice as many units in its first week than the PS3 did in its first two weeks, more in its first week than the 360 sold in its first two weeks and almost as many units in one week as the Wii did in its first two weeks. What a shit launch. Nintendo is doomed. Nintendo will have to become a 3rd party publisher now. :lol:

Nintendo has lost money one year since it got in the video game business over thirty years ago with the Game & Watch series. Even if this launch would have failed Nintendo has enough money to survive to the next console launch. Nintendo will never become a third party publisher. As long as there is a console market there will be a Nintendo console. If one of the big three console manufacturers is going to crash and burn I would bet on it being Sony. :hot:

TimboSliceGB - I should add if you buy a game on clearance for $5 then sell it for lets say $15 then sure after the fees and everything you've maybe made $3-$5 which might be the same as this console. The difference is that the risk is much smaller and you don't have to outlaye hundreds of dollars to make at best a fiver. It simply makes no sense to flip these. The stores are going to get slammed with returns.

[quote name='Octopod']Yeah, the sales must be poor. It only sold more than twice as many units in its first week than the PS3 did in its first two weeks, more in its first week than the 360 sold in its first two weeks and almost as many units in one week as the Wii did in its first two weeks. What a shit launch. Nintendo is doomed. Nintendo will have to become a 3rd party publisher now. :lol:

Nintendo has lost money one year since it got in the video game business over thirty years ago with the Game & Watch series. Even if this launch would have failed Nintendo has enough money to survive to the next console launch. Nintendo will never become a third party publisher. As long as there is a console market there will be a Nintendo console. If one of the big three console manufacturers is going to crash and burn I would bet on it being Sony. :hot:[/QUOTE]

In Wii U Fail.

[quote name='Octopod']Yeah, the sales must be poor. It only sold more than twice as many units in its first week than the PS3 did in its first two weeks, more in its first week than the 360 sold in its first two weeks and almost as many units in one week as the Wii did in its first two weeks. What a shit launch. Nintendo is doomed. Nintendo will have to become a 3rd party publisher now. :lol:

Nintendo has lost money one year since it got in the video game business over thirty years ago with the Game & Watch series. Even if this launch would have failed Nintendo has enough money to survive to the next console launch. Nintendo will never become a third party publisher. As long as there is a console market there will be a Nintendo console. If one of the big three console manufacturers is going to crash and burn I would bet on it being Sony. :hot:[/QUOTE]

you can't compare ps3 sales at launch to wii u's lol ps3 was double the price and sony had factory issues which kept alot of systems from not being sold. same thing could be said about 360,wii,ps3. the way economy has been for last five years price is a huge factor. the point people are making is that the random core gamers that got the wii right away is not buying the wii u most of them don't even know what the wii u is .

[quote name='Octopod']Nintendo has lost money one year since it got in the video game business over thirty years ago with the Game & Watch series. Even if this launch would have failed Nintendo has enough money to survive to the next console launch. Nintendo will never become a third party publisher. As long as there is a console market there will be a Nintendo console. If one of the big three console manufacturers is going to crash and burn I would bet on it being Sony. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Say what you will about them not losing money over the years - I have not seen, but will not deny, that stat - but the Gamecube was a failure relatively speaking. Nintendo is not above wrongdoing.

[quote name='MikeIsGood']Say what you will about them not losing money over the years - I have not seen, but will not deny, that stat - but the Gamecube was a failure relatively speaking. Nintendo is not above wrongdoing.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying they are. Just look at the Virtual Boy. I just find peoples anti-Nintendo stance to be humorous and obviously off base when it comes to the financial side of things. Whether people actually like their games or not is just a matter of taste.

[quote name='Octopod']I'm not saying they are. Just look at the Virtual Boy. I just find peoples anti-Nintendo stance to be humorous and obviously off base when it comes to the financial side of things. Whether people actually like their games or not is just a matter of taste.[/QUOTE]

i love first party games from nintendo,sony,microsoft. I think all 3 companys make great 1st party games which is why i always have all 3 systems

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i love first party games from nintendo,sony,microsoft. I think all 3 companys make great 1st party games which is why i always have all 3 systems[/QUOTE]

Variety is good. I hope they all do well. Can't say I'm much of a fan of Halo but I'm glad it is there for people who enjoy it.

[quote name='DTB420']Wii U back in stock @ Target, just thought to let anyone looking for one
check the stock tracker in your area.

http://m.target.com/fiats-results/t-14174037?zipCode=12205.&city=&state=&errorPage=fiats[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that they are back in stock in the 14225 (buffalo, ny area), it's good that someone posted this first I guess, lol. I saw 2 of the basic model Wii U's on the shelf...and also at the best buy near me there were 2 deluxe one day... would love to get my hands on one but the library just isn't bigger than 2 or 3 games I'd want...and it will be a long while before I worry about it.

i keep getting phone calls every other day from gamestop, and seen a few at one of the 5 local walmarts in my area, even took a pic that I was going to post on my website but didn't even bother to. They just aren't rare enough and I feel bad for anyone trying to buy one from a person thinking they are rare. One guy I know bought a few thinking he would profit, he sort of did as it paid off the Wii U for himself in the end but not as much as he would of thought.

[quote name='honkyjesus']I'd rather wait for an actual next gen console.[/QUOTE]

Aw, poor baby can't afford to have fun now? I'd rather get this now... and then get both "next gen" systems when they release.

[quote name='honkyjesus']I'd rather wait for an actual next gen console.[/QUOTE]

Die, troll. Damn, you even have a troll name. You must be short. Lol

I went to TRU to pick up a Nunchuck but strangely enough they didn't have any official Nintendo versions available. No Wii U's there either. The Target next door had 4 Basics and 0 Deluxe. Picked up Super Mario Bros U and just spent the last 3 hours playing it with my wife. What a blast it is to play it co-op! Great game! So glad I got this system! It's going to be my "family" system, while I wait for the Xbox 720 to come out and be my single player console.

The manager at my local Gamestop told me they called everyone on their wait list and no one came to pick up the systems. He said the sales have been bad and no one is buying them.

It might be different in other places, but I really thought it would be sold out everywhere even a couple weeks after release.

Yeah, every time I've checked the last week or so, my local Wal-Mart says it's in stock.

Personally, I've learned my lesson after getting DS and Wii at launch. I'll wait 12-18 months, like I did with the 3DS XL, when it has had a chance to gain a few great titles, work out the bugs/issues, and there is a price drop.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']The manager at my local Gamestop told me they called everyone on their wait list and no one came to pick up the systems. He said the sales have been bad and no one is buying them.

It might be different in other places, but I really thought it would be sold out everywhere even a couple weeks after release.[/QUOTE]

Speaking for myself, I had one on preorder at Target that I never picked up as it was only for a back-up in case Wal-mart fell through. I still haven't went back to get my $5 refund but they were only going to hold it for a week. I'll bet many on GS's wait list already had one or were waiting to see what the aftermarket value was going to be and balked when they realized they were readily available. Bottom line is I wouldn't read too much into it. I also played SMBU last night for hours and have to say I enjoyed it more than any of the newer 360 or PS3 games I have, but I'm also a big fan of Super Mario World and was overjoyed that they finally decided to recapture that magic.

This guy...I don't know what to say...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wii-U-Latest-Model-Deluxe-Set-32-GB-Black-Console-BUNDLE-/281029161679?pt=Video_Games&autorefresh=true&hash=item416ea4b2cf&nma=true&si=Idy0%2FXaqGu4YGE5%2FQLflbhGp1ug%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$350 wii + $50 controller + $120 games = 520

What's the BEST CASE SCENARIO here?
350 wii + $90 (B1G1 50% off games though most likely it was the B1G1 40% off deal) + $50 pro controller (was there a deal on this?) = 490

So even if they got the best deal (assuming no deal on the controller) and if they had ZERO SALES TAX then the cost was 490. Once you add in fees of around $70 you're up to 560. Even if they ship all this stuff for lets say, $20 (though 30 is more realistic), we're looking at $580 and they sold this bundle for $537.

So if shipping cost more, they had sales tax, or they didn't get the deal on the games, they'll be looking at an even bigger loss. Even if they got that controller half off they've taken a loss here. I don't think there is any way for these guys to make money on Wii U's.

am i the only one hoping to see this on target clearance endcap. i know it'll not happen unless it's some mistake but i want to get one on the cheap!

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']The manager at my local Gamestop told me they called everyone on their wait list and no one came to pick up the systems. He said the sales have been bad and no one is buying them.

It might be different in other places, but I really thought it would be sold out everywhere even a couple weeks after release.[/QUOTE]

400,000 in a week is bad?

[quote name='Blaster man']This guy...I don't know what to say...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wi...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$350 wii + $50 controller + $120 games = 520

What's the BEST CASE SCENARIO here?
350 wii + $90 (B1G1 50% off games though most likely it was the B1G1 40% off deal) + $50 pro controller (was there a deal on this?) = 490

So even if they got the best deal (assuming no deal on the controller) and if they had ZERO SALES TAX then the cost was 490. Once you add in fees of around $70 you're up to 560. Even if they ship all this stuff for lets say, $20 (though 30 is more realistic), we're looking at $580 and they sold this bundle for $537.

So if shipping cost more, they had sales tax, or they didn't get the deal on the games, they'll be looking at an even bigger loss. Even if they got that controller half off they've taken a loss here. I don't think there is any way for these guys to make money on Wii U's.[/QUOTE]

He might have been a Gamestop employee. Don't they get 15% off? Not that makes it any more less of a loss or low profit. Unless he STOLEN IT!

[quote name='KrisMKX']He might have been a Gamestop employee. Don't they get 15% off? Not that makes it any more less of a loss or low profit. Unless he STOLEN IT![/QUOTE]

GameStop employees don't save 15% on new gaming systems

[quote name='Deader2818']400,000 in a week is bad?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious to see what the returns will be in 2 - 4 weeks from all the people who couldn't flip the system. Any numbers on how many games were sold?

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm curious to see what the returns will be in 2 - 4 weeks from all the people who couldn't flip the system. Any numbers on how many games were sold?[/QUOTE]
I'm not really sure why people keep discussing that they sold 400k. Nintendo was so quick to talk about the first 400k shipment selling out but they have been silent on shipments since then.

Clearly 400k is a good launch number but then again everyone expected them to sell out at launch. What's telling is that they aren't still sold out and even those 400k didn't sell out right away. There weren't enough people in lines to buy up every console right when the stores opened which is the typical way that happens. Now that the eBay auctions are losing money, it's amazing to see anyone with the illusion that this is a solid launch. When the holiday Wii U numbers come out, it's going to be embarrassing for Nintendo and next year is going to be horrible in comparison to the Wii, 360, PS3 when they launched.

TRU stores in my area all have pretty nice stock crammed into the displays. May have more in their back room too.

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm curious to see what the returns will be in 2 - 4 weeks from all the people who couldn't flip the system. Any numbers on how many games were sold?[/QUOTE]
Depending on how much they bought, they might not be able to return them all. Stores like Target, and Best Buy have certain limits before they ban you from returning stuff. Most flippers probably know this hence why they are eating up the losses.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009AGXH64/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
^Look at this, they are all fighting to reach MSRP. :lol:

[quote name='Blaster man']I'm not really sure why people keep discussing that they sold 400k. Nintendo was so quick to talk about the first 400k shipment selling out but they have been silent on shipments since then.

Clearly 400k is a good launch number but then again everyone expected them to sell out at launch. What's telling is that they aren't still sold out and even those 400k didn't sell out right away. There weren't enough people in lines to buy up every console right when the stores opened which is the typical way that happens. Now that the eBay auctions are losing money, it's amazing to see anyone with the illusion that this is a solid launch. When the holiday Wii U numbers come out, it's going to be embarrassing for Nintendo and next year is going to be horrible in comparison to the Wii, 360, PS3 when they launched.[/QUOTE]

Why would Nintendo give more sale numbers less then a week after giving their last?

You give numbers out on a week to week basis. Not every few days.

[quote name='Deader2818']Why would Nintendo give more sale numbers less then a week after giving their last?

You give numbers out on a week to week basis. Not every few days.[/QUOTE]
Why would Nintendo give the first week sales numbers?
edit: Actually, that was I believe the LAUNCH numbers that "sold out" not the week's though I could be wrong.

[quote name='Blaster man']Why would Nintendo give the first week sales numbers?
edit: Actually, that was I believe the LAUNCH numbers that "sold out" not the week's though I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was for the launch through black friday.

[quote name='Deader2818']Also, Why is it people so badly want to see Nintendo fail? I don't really get why people hate them so much.[/QUOTE]

People don't want Nintendo to fail. Why do people watch train wrecks? Because they want people to die on the train? No. Why do people stare at car accidents while they drive by? They certainly don't hope there are corpses in the cars. It's human nature man.

Any wii u owners having issues staying connected online? I can't enjoy any movie on netflix because it keeps disconnecting and I have tried a manual connection but it still disconnects and keeps giving me error codes.

Getting ready too return to bestbuy and prob wait for a redesign if I can't get this resolved.

Just wait until the PS4 or 720 comes out. Flippers galore / orgasm. When the PS3 came out I sold a 60 gig on eBay for $1,050 and kept another 60 gig since it wasn't profitable at the time. May do the same when the new consoles come out.

[quote name='D.Choy']Depends on where you live. No target store near me has any in stock. Both Best Buy near my house don't have any in stock. Heck the GameStop I had my name on the waiting list hasn't called me about any stock.

I really just think it depends on where you live to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Small town. Walmart is the only game store. Bought last 8GB model on Thursday. Definitely depends where you live.

[quote name='Deader2818']Also, Why is it people so badly want to see Nintendo fail? I don't really get why people hate them so much.[/QUOTE]

Never bought a Wii. Was considering emulating xenoblade on my pc. Decided to support Nintendo while they're bleeding red.

bread's done
Back