Wii U for $99 at Sears (YMMV?)

APHughes

CAGiversary!
Saw a post on reddit so I called the Seattle Sears location and they had 2 in stock of the 32GB launch consoles. They showed as $199 but I asked him to ring them up and they came up as $99. I had him hold both for me and when I picked them up I had him check the Seattle area for more but none in stock.

This is only for the Nintendo Land bundle, NOT the Zelda or Mario bundles.

Good Luck

EDIT:picture http://m.imgur.com/kS0TkOe
http://m.imgur.com/egTJvT8

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't Sears clearance the first of the month? Man, been so long since I've been to one.

I know Google shopping use to show inventory for stores that how I snagged good clearance years ago. However looks like the newer Mario Wii U Deluxe is the only one I can use to track quantities around here.

Wasn't Sears clearance the first of the month? Man, been so long since I've been to one.

I know Google shopping use to show inventory for stores that how I snagged good clearance years ago. However looks like the newer Mario Wii U Deluxe is the only one I can use to track quantities around here.
yea I miss the google shopping trick that how I snagged my 3d blu ray player for $20 years ago lol they stopped that trick a little over a year ago I think

Saw a post on reddit so I called the Seattle Sears location and they had 2 in stock of the 32GB launch consoles. They showed as $199 but I asked him to ring them up and they came up as $99. I had him hold both for me and when I picked them up I had him check the Seattle area for more but none in stock.

This is only for the Nintendo Land bundle, NOT the Zelda or Mario bundles.

Good Luck

EDIT:picture http://m.imgur.com/kS0TkOe
http://m.imgur.com/egTJvT8
Was that at the Shoreline Sears? I saw two ticketed at $199 a couple days ago. Didn't bother to actually scan it, but I'm not too torn up about it. Nice find!

$ears employee here most of LA socal does not have this bundle (mostly mario bundles now) including my store

Awesome deal. was it because the seattle sears was closing down that's the reason you got it half off?

If the system continues to sell poorly and Nintendo abandons it well before the next console cycle, then it should hit $99 soon enough....

If the system continues to sell poorly and Nintendo abandons it well before the next console cycle, then it should hit $99 soon enough....
I would not be surprised at all if Nintendo's next console was out by Fall 2015/16. Would be cool if they released new and original games for it too instead of just rehashes of tired franchises.

All that being said I guess I'll check out my Sears today and get a Wii U if they have any for $99, but there's no way in hell I'd ever spend more than that for this system when I could be using this money for PC upgrades to play games I actually enjoy.

Yeah, I'm no fan of the WiiU, but for $100, I would buy 10 if I could. LOL

I'm not even going to bother checking my Sears, as these deals are never active at mine, and I doubt many will find this deal anywhere in the country. YMMV is an understatement for something like this.

Yeah, I'm no fan of the WiiU, but for $100, I would buy 10 if I could. LOL

I'm not even going to bother checking my Sears, as these deals are never active at mine, and I doubt many will find this deal anywhere in the country. YMMV is an understatement for something like this.
I feel the exact same way. I'm going to call and see at least. Knowing the Sears employees will probably snatch them up as soon as the $100 price point shows up. If anyone wants to pick up and extra, I'll gladly pay price plus shipping. I know many would want more, but I'm just saying...

I would not be surprised at all if Nintendo's next console was out by Fall 2015/16. Would be cool if they released new and original games for it too instead of just rehashes of tired franchises.

All that being said I guess I'll check out my Sears today and get a Wii U if they have any for $99, but there's no way in hell I'd ever spend more than that for this system when I could be using this money for PC upgrades to play games I actually enjoy.
You are soo cool!

For $100 I'll check Sears today and see if mine has any. Easy profit if anything but I might just keep it if I manage to find one.

No ones forcing you to buy one especially since you dont seem to enjoy Nintendo games? Lets stop kidding ourselves though. New and original games are hardly rampant on the pc platform or other systems. Most games out nowdays are simply updated versions of past franchise games or indie games.

Tired franchises? You're dumb.

If the system continues to sell poorly and Nintendo abandons it well before the next console cycle, then it should hit $99 soon enough....
What would make anyone at Nintendo think their next system would sell any better is beyond me. Even if it's everything we've wanted, the damage to their rep. is done. They've developed a stigma for their shitty online systems, poor graphics and gimmicks, and how they alienate 3rd parties and charge top dollar for inferior hardware. Not to mention what's been the nail in the coffin for me: They've gotten VERY, VERY lazy on the software side since around 2010ish. They've put out VERY little that could be considered truely AAA software (Skyward Sword, Pikmin 3..... actually I guess that's about it, Mario Kart is close at least?). Overpriced 2D platfomrers, grossly overpriced HD ports, and tons of minigame/partygame compilations don't cut it for me. How they can be so great on 3DS and such shit on WIiU I will never understand.

The system has basically become the Wii Fit machine for me, and even then it barely gets used since a literal walk in the park is more effective than the exercises on the software, but at least the dances are fun.....

Last edited:
Wow, so little love for Wii U these days. How the mighty have fallen.

I think $150-200 (new) will be a common price later this year, especially as more retailers clearance them out. Looking at the library, there really aren't enough games out to make it a compelling purchase, sadly. If I see one for $99 though, I might just pick one up to play around with.

What would make anyone at Nintendo think their next system would sell any better is beyond me. Even if it's everything we've wanted, the damage to their rep. is done. They've developed a stigma for their shitty online systems, poor graphics and gimmicks, and how they alienate 3rd parties and charge top dollar for inferior hardware. Not to mention what's been the nail in the coffin for me: They've gotten VERY, VERY lazy on the software side since around 2010ish. They've put out VERY little that could be considered truely AAA software (Skyward Sword, Pikmin 3..... actually I guess that's about it, Mario Kart is close at least?). Overpriced 2D platfomrers, grossly overpriced HD ports, and tons of minigame/partygame compilations don't cut it for me. How they can be so great on 3DS and such shit on WIiU I will never understand.

The system has basically become the Wii Fit machine for me, and even then it barely gets used since a literal walk in the park is more effective than the exercises on the software, but at least the dances are fun.....
Agreed. The Wii was a fluke and Wii U is their actual place in the market like Gamecube. They can't compete with Xbox and Playstation without better hardware, good online and 3rd party support.

Wow, so little love for Wii U these days. How the mighty have fallen.

I think $150-200 (new) will be a common price later this year, especially as more retailers clearance them out. Looking at the library, there really aren't enough games out to make it a compelling purchase, sadly. If I see one for $99 though, I might just pick one up to play around with.
Agree fully. I've never regretted a console purchase before, but I wish I could go back in time and kick my ass for getting WiiU at launch. Not cause of the price, which was ridiculous, but because the system has offered me so very little. $99 MIGHT be worth it for Pikmin 3 and W101, and as far as minigame compilations go NintendoLand has a bit of value, but there really isn't much else that's worthwhile.

Even Super Mario HD Land felt like the most derivative Mario game ever, as if it had been developed by the CoD/Madden team. It failed to innovate or impress in any way, and really does feel like it was rushed out for a quick buck.

Last edited:
Hahahah it isn't a Nintendo thread without the trolls!

I think the time it takes between a Nintendo thread and when the trolls invade is like the half life of uranium. (Saw cosmos last night. What a great show. What's it doing on in prime time?)

Hahahah it isn't a Nintendo thread without the trolls!

Like clockwork.
Agreed, it would be something much better. Which is why I don't understand why you keep doing it.

I understand being a fan and all, I certainly am, but your constant blind devotion to them really does confound me.

[quote name="rcerboss" post="11703690" timestamp="1398088457"]Agreed, it would be something much better. Which is why I don't understand why you keep doing it.

I understand being a fan and all, I certainly am, but your constant blind devotion to them really does confound me.[/quote]

Some people like what Nintendo offers them. Shocking, I know.

It's not like I invade xbox and ps4 threads talking about how great Nintendo is.

But chimpmeister - again - every single Nintendo thread bitching about them. Every single one. Not trolling?

It's not like I invade xbox and ps4 threads talking about how great Nintendo is.

But chimpmeister - again - every single Nintendo thread bitching about them. Every single one. Not trolling?
What's your problem? I'm just politely agreeing with most people in this thread. I even said that I might buy a Wii U for $99 if I find one. You need to stop acting like a whining child, it really is embarrassing.

Some people like what Nintendo offers them. Shocking, I know.
Which explains why we see deals like this and the Sams Club debacle. WiiU is just selling so damn well that everyone has several already, why else would the prices be so low? :whistle2:?

I said my peace above and see no sense in copy/pasting it. But, like you said, some people will like anything they put out, and would display dog shit in their house if it had Mario stamped on it. That's what blind fanboyism is all about.

Last edited:
Apple Blossom Mall Sears only had 1 Mario & Luigi Deluxe Bundles, no clearance find.
For what it's worth I've found several like what the OP posted, albeit spread out at a few stores throughout the state. I'd share where but I know some greedy asshat would buy them all in one quick swoop. And as funny as it would be knowing that they'd sit on ebay for months/years before selling at like a $10 profit, I need to try to get some friends to buy into the system so I have someone to enjoy the very few online games it does have, and that'll be hard enough (even at $99) without dealing with fucking hoarders. Maybe I can finally get some real competition on Need for Speed lol.

Anyways, thanks for the find OP. Hopefully $99 is low enough to get at least one other person to take the plunge. Misery loves company after all :p

Last edited:
Honestly speaking, I see myself getting a WiiU before I get a PS4/ONE, but I have to agree with what has been mostly stated......The WiiU is over priced, under powered, and lacks any proper online infrastructure and 3rd parties are running for the hills. I also agree that their current software is very lacking. The games aren't terrible, but they're far from the greatness they once where.

I've been a "N" fan for over 30+ years, and the WiiU is the only console or handheld from them that I didn't get at launchHell, I even imported many of them). It's now going on 2 years, and I still have little to no interest in the WiiU. Iwata and the powers that be over at "N" have no idea what they are currently doing, and it shows in spades.

200 or under is my sweet spot for getting a WiiU, but when that time finally comes, I may even hold out for 150 or less, as the WiiU just looks worse and worse and time goes on. Damn "N", what happened to you guys?

hello fellow CAG'ers.. new to this forum anyone have any luck in the Virginia 757 hampton roads area? also if anyone is from the area whats up?? always down to meet some gamers.. Anyways I always come across good deals like this but YMMV must mean in the bermuda triangle or area 51 lol

This would be an easy buy for me. There are two sears locations relatively easy to get to after work, might have to make a call after lunch.

i'm going to take the high road . your most likely some guy who lives in mommy basement
Ironic, since in my experience it's the basement children that need the "extra income" from ebaying crap like this. Everyone I've ever met who can afford their own place don't need to stoop so low for a bit of cash.

Ironic, since in my experience it's the basement children that need the "extra income" from ebaying crap like this. Everyone I've ever met who can afford their own place don't need to stoop so low for a bit of cash.
i don't want to sell it i have a great job and so do my wife.i'm just cheap and want a cheap wii u

ebay selling is not my thing that's noway for a adult man to make a living . if you have to sell crap online to make ends meet or to buy games your a lowlife

i don't want to sell it i have a great job and so do my wife.i'm just cheap and want a cheap wii u

ebay selling is not my thing that's noway for a adult man to make a living . if you have to sell crap online to make ends meet or to buy games your a lowlife
I largely agree, from what I'd read I thought you were looking to clean out your area. And I tend to take that a bit personally because I've missed out on some great games I really wanted due to hoarders.

Anyways sorry for the misunderstanding lol.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an item number to use when calling stores to make this easier? Also can we get a receipt photo for valid proof?

Which explains why we see deals like this and the Sams Club debacle. WiiU is just selling so damn well that everyone has several already, why else would the prices be so low? :whistle2:?

I said my peace above and see no sense in copy/pasting it. But, like you said, some people will like anything they put out, and would display dog shit in their house if it had Mario stamped on it. That's what blind fanboyism is all about.
Fanboyism is also making a post like this so I suggest you just stop while you're ahead of yourself.

Has anybody confirmed this available at another Sears? I suspect this was a pricing error at one location.

I largely agree, from what I'd read I thought you were looking to clean out your area. And I tend to take that a bit personally because I've missed out on some great games I really wanted due to hoarders.

Anyways sorry for the misunderstanding lol.
yeah selling stuff online is something a stay at home mom do for extra cash or a single mom . a man should have a real job making real money

bread's done
Back