Wii U for $99 at Sears (YMMV?)

APHughes

CAGiversary!
Saw a post on reddit so I called the Seattle Sears location and they had 2 in stock of the 32GB launch consoles. They showed as $199 but I asked him to ring them up and they came up as $99. I had him hold both for me and when I picked them up I had him check the Seattle area for more but none in stock.

This is only for the Nintendo Land bundle, NOT the Zelda or Mario bundles.

Good Luck

EDIT:picture http://m.imgur.com/kS0TkOe
http://m.imgur.com/egTJvT8

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes you guys think employees would buy these all up? We are talking WiiU's, they aren't exactly hot commodities right now.... besides, it is better than wasting a trip with nothing to show for it.

Lol. Hot commodity or not, that's an easy $50 on Craigslist for the enterprising store employee.

What makes you guys think employees would buy these all up? We are talking WiiU's, they aren't exactly hot commodities right now.... besides, it is better than wasting a trip with nothing to show for it.
Well, I just called and was told that there was ONE $99 Wii U bundle. I asked to buy it over the phone, they transferred me to a manager, he said that seemed unusual and said he was going to double-check for me. Comes back and tells me that it was a mistake and that they don't even have any. :wall:

Makes me question what would have happened if I didn't call, drove up to my Sears, and simply tried purchasing it.

How can you be on this site and never heard of flipping the item? You think you cant flip a Wii U for profit at $99?

But the point isn't about how much profit can be made or if the systems are hot commodities, its about not ruining it for someone else who wants one to play at a great price.

Last edited:
Well, I just called and was told that there was ONE $99 Wii U bundle. I asked to buy it over the phone, they transferred me to a manager, he said that seemed unusual and said he was going to double-check for me. Comes back and tells me that it was a mistake and that they don't even have any. :wall:

Makes me question what would have happened if I didn't call, drove up to my Sears, and simply tried purchasing it.
Aw shit, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Assuming the employee cares enough or even knows enough about Wii U to bother. I wouldn't be surprised if Sears employees knew what a Wii U is.
That was my thought process exactly. These are (more or less) the same people who can't differentiate between a Wii and a WiiU, thinking one is a special controller for another, or a ripoff of an ipad. I'd think that, unless you outright say something, most wouldn't know what the going rate was. Given how unpopular the system seems to be and half the conversations I've had whenever I mention owning one, I kinda figured that was still the case.

I mean, we are talking about gaming consoles here, not the newest iphone or LG TV or w/e is hot nowadays.

Lol. Hot commodity or not, that's an easy $50 on Craigslist for the enterprising store employee.

How can you be on this site and never heard of flipping the item? You think you cant flip a Wii U for profit at $99?
I know how flippable they are, I just wouldn't expect your average electronics employee to know that. But maybe I am wrong, maybe Sears trains their employees better than Wal-Mart?

Last edited:
I guess I know what it's like to have a stalker now, seeing as how you see fit to follow me around and comment on most of what I post on lately.

And yeah, while I haven't 100%ed many of the games yet I have at least spent a few hours with most of WiiU's library. I have the system, I might as well use it. I'd hate to miss out on something like Pikmin 3.

FWIW, I've never made any effort to hide what I've owned/played. I keep a link to my backloggery page in my sig, since you seem to care so much maybe you should check it out? I am pretty bad at updating what I've played/beaten, but I do at least keep it up to date in terms of what I own if only so I don't buy the same game twice.
Stalker? I can't enter any Nintendo thread without tripping over 5 or 6 useless posts from you. Can you link to a single instance where someone got something of value from a post you've made?

On topic: Glad to see at least a few people are getting in on this deal. It's a hell of a good price and I would encourage everyone to try the system out for a bit before flipping (if that's your MO). I think one of the biggest problems the Wii U has is that you have to have it/try it for a bit before you understand its potential (I feel the same way about Vita). There are some great games out for the system now and a few big titles coming out this year (counting down till Smash Bros!)

Ordinarily I'd agree it's best just to go in for deals, but this is highly YMMV. For those of us residing in the real world it isn't feasible to drive around on a whim. Plus, I doubt most employees even know (or care) about the wii u. Took all of 10 minutes to call each of the Sears in my area. None available. Please don't revoke my CAG card.

I'm not opposed to flipping at all, but if I manage to get any I'm definitely keeping one. Problems aside, this has way more games that interest me than the X1 or PS4.

Ordinarily I'd agree it's best just to go in for deals, but this is highly YMMV. For those of us residing in the real world it isn't feasible to drive around on a whim. Plus, I doubt most employees even know (or care) about the wii u. Took all of 10 minutes to call each of the Sears in my area. None available. Please don't revoke my CAG card.
My main thing, I don't want to drive all over in rush hour traffic after work just to see none of the stores even carry it anymore. If the Sears employee decides to grab it when I alert them to it, well then I guess good for them. They work at Sears, they could probably use the money (if they flip it) more than me. For the record, I want one to own one.

On these ymmv deals I do go looking for them sometime If I'm interested enough that is. But I never ever call cause it does alert employees to prices. If I feel it not worth the risk of maybe not finding one then I don't go simply as that. But I never call cause just cause I didn't want it bad enough isn't fair for me to call and the employee get it while later that day a fellow cag go to same store only to find a empty space now. To make my ymmv deals worth it when I look for them I will just check and see if there any best buys or targets or other stores along the way to stop by and look around at on the off chance I come across something else to not make the trip a waste.

Went to the only Sears in LA that had one in stock and not only did it ring up for full price but the manager wouldn't price match. This was after I called and asked the employee to ring it up over the phone (which I gotta a lot of flak for here) and the price was still $299.99.

Thanks to the LA CAGs for checking, saves me the gas and time. Now I will just go home to play some games after I leave office.

Bayonetta 2 will just have to wait  :???:

My main thing, I don't want to drive all over in rush hour traffic after work just to see none of the stores even carry it anymore. If the Sears employee decides to grab it when I alert them to it, well then I guess good for them. They work at Sears, they could probably use the money (if they flip it) more than me. For the record, I want one to own one.
This. This so much.

If you work in x store and they have x deal. I think they have every right to snag it up. They have to put up with customers like us (and I assume / hope much much worse.) If a sweet deal like this chances apon them, then the more power to them. Granted, it still burns when we tell them of the deal and the steal it, but that's more of a moral choice than what I just talked about >.>

See? This is why you don't call.

Store #1: regular price. The employee checked the computer, but refused to actually scan it. I'm not coming all this way for them to not even try; I'm asking someone else.

Oh my god would have raged.

Has anyone tried pricematching a receipt at Best Buy or something? Slim chance, I know, but I know that some people will be able to get that to work. It would never work for me as my BBY is anal as hell, but figured I'd give some people a sliver of hope.

Same exact story with employee #2.
Tell them you want to buy it. They will scan it, you will see the price, then you decide if you want to pull the trigger or not. You can always say no and walk away from the sale.

Besides, it's not like they have anything better to do. They work at Sears. 99% of their job is standing around and collecting dust.

Columbia, MD here.  Went to Columbia mall Sears and they had a nintendoland system in stock.  The employee went down to check if they had it but wouldn't scan it.  Just looked it up in the computer.  I told him that it's not going to show any clearance stuff on the website.  :wall:

lol lol i would not call selling things online enterprising . grow up people
You seem to think you're a big deal. You're not so get over yourself. How much do you make an hour, big shot?

I'm not fan or flippers and hoarders but if I was working at sears for $10/hr, i'd absolutely be buying it and reselling for $50+ profit. I wouldn't be bragging about it but I'd definitely do it. And that's why you never call, which was my original point anyway.

(we got a big shot here gif)

the reason most employees don't like to scan the item is because they don't all get hand scanners and if they have to use the cash register to scan it they need a override from manager to void it off if its over a certain amount 

One tip for those going down to the store to check any stock and happen to find the original deluxe, make sure they scan it at either the registers or one of the self scanners (unlikely), as opposed to some Sears that may have their electronics employees use the iPads to check prices.

I'm sure most of the stores around here in AZ are already cleared out / never got the original deluxe in, though my memory is a bit fuzzy on the Chandler Fashion Mall stock...

Oops, botched the first reply!

Anyways, yeah, I checked at Arrowhead in person and had the guy there call nearby stores for me. Nada.

Do people not understand that this thread is in the deals section of CAG? If you want to discuss the company in multiple posts, go do it in the video game forums right on this site. Some of you guys need to give it a rest.

Do people not understand that this thread is in the deals section of CAG? If you want to discuss the company in multiple posts, go do it in the video game forums right on this site. Some of you guys need to give it a rest.
Aside from mpaullin and maybe one or two others, I think your post is the first "off topic" post in the last couple of pages.......

.......which would make mine the 2nd. Hope you haven't started something again ;)

Last edited:
It's caching on, I called another Sears in Orlando and just asked if they had any Wii U's in stock. She said "you mean the $99 deal? Nope, none here or online". If anyone wants this deal, today maybe the last day to get it before Sears realize they made a mistake if they havent already.

Cags seem to always have a paranoia issue thinking everyone they could possibly speak to on the phone  is exactly like them so therefore its a must to waste gas going to stores that might not be exactly close by.

I called 3 stores and nothing. My area is always like this. YMMV is almost certainly unavailable.

If someone has the UPC, you can just create your own barcode. Whether it's in stock is another story.
I believe the UPC is 4549688086
MjN7Iei.jpg

It's caching on, I called another Sears in Orlando and just asked if they had any Wii U's in stock. She said "you mean the $99 deal? Nope, none here or online". If anyone wants this deal, today maybe the last day to get it before Sears realize they made a mistake if they havent already.
She's lying. I would go down there immediately. She's stowing them away for her 11 children.

You'd be setting up your Wii U right about now and eagerly awaiting the release of MK8.

I would pay $99 to get anyone who bitches about the Wii U in this thread banned. No one fucking cares what you think about the system.

Thanks OP, going to call around in the morning and see what I can turn up.
Give me $40 and I will get myself banned.

PM me for paypal info.

bread's done
Back