Wii U for $99 at Sears (YMMV?)

APHughes

CAGiversary!
Saw a post on reddit so I called the Seattle Sears location and they had 2 in stock of the 32GB launch consoles. They showed as $199 but I asked him to ring them up and they came up as $99. I had him hold both for me and when I picked them up I had him check the Seattle area for more but none in stock.

This is only for the Nintendo Land bundle, NOT the Zelda or Mario bundles.

Good Luck

EDIT:picture http://m.imgur.com/kS0TkOe
http://m.imgur.com/egTJvT8

Last edited by a moderator:
Which of these numbers are used to check for inventory/priding?

kS0TkOeh.jpg

Calling the "store" to confirm is a bust since they just redirect you to the national support center, and it seems like they just browse the website.

Have any east-coasters found one yet?

i don't want to sell it i have a great job and so do my wife.i'm just cheap and want a cheap wii u

ebay selling is not my thing that's noway for a adult man to make a living . if you have to sell crap online to make ends meet or to buy games your a lowlife
yeah selling stuff online is something a stay at home mom do for extra cash or a single mom . a man should have a real job making real money
LOL what?

Which of these numbers are used to check for inventory/priding?
Wondering same thing.

i don't want to sell it i have a great job and so do my wife.i'm just cheap and want a cheap wii u

ebay selling is not my thing that's noway for a adult man to make a living . if you have to sell crap online to make ends meet or to buy games your a lowlife
Ooooohhh, everyone look at this big shot.

And it wouldn't be a Nintendo thread on CAG without a dozen or more posts from rcerboss about how terrible Nintendo is (despite him evidently owning/playing everything that they put out).

MIght try my luck, even though I don't have the cash on me for this.  Going to go window shop, CAG style. Honestly, I would pay $250 for a 32GB Wii U if it was region free for Wii/Wii U games, supported the Gameboy Player, and played Gamecube games just as good as a Gamecube that used component cables.

Calling the "store" to confirm is a bust since they just redirect you to the national support center, and it seems like they just browse the website.

Have any east-coasters found one yet?
Nope. When you call, choose 'store' instead of 'product information' and it will connect you directly to an in-store associate. Good luck to those still searching.

Yeah... Sears... I know I don't even need to bother with this one. They don't sell video games at all anymore in my town. 

This would be a no brainer if it was actually available to me.

Guys, guys, let us agree on something here: Nintendo and "Franchise Fatigue" go on the same dictionary entry. 

Ooooohhh, everyone look at this big shot.

And it wouldn't be a Nintendo thread on CAG without a dozen or more posts from rcerboss about how terrible Nintendo is (despite him evidently owning/playing everything that they put out).
I guess I know what it's like to have a stalker now, seeing as how you see fit to follow me around and comment on most of what I post on lately.

And yeah, while I haven't 100%ed many of the games yet I have at least spent a few hours with most of WiiU's library. I have the system, I might as well use it. I'd hate to miss out on something like Pikmin 3.

FWIW, I've never made any effort to hide what I've owned/played. I keep a link to my backloggery page in my sig, since you seem to care so much maybe you should check it out? I am pretty bad at updating what I've played/beaten, but I do at least keep it up to date in terms of what I own if only so I don't buy the same game twice.

Last edited:
[quote name="breakfuss" post="11703880" timestamp="1398096117"]Nope. When you call, choose 'store' instead of 'product information' and it will connect you directly to an in-store associate. Good luck to those still searching.[/quote]

I don't get an option other than "Say a department, store hours, or store location".

One here in MA for the $99. It had a clearance sticker for $249 but rang up as $99. Will post picture just need another post

7qORclH.jpg

Yeah, I haven't called my local Sears but living in Northern CA, I'm just going to assume it's not $99.

Long shot, but if someone scores a $99 console and doesn't want it, PM me. I'll gladly pay shipping and some extra for your troubles.

Rang up $299 in modesto, ca

So basically the Sears has to have them AND they have to be on clearance. My sears has 2 of the 32 GB Nintendoland bundles but they weren't clearanced out.

My Sears (St. Louis - South County) didn't even have a spot for the Wii U in the case (but if anyone needs a half dozen Wii's or Wii Mini's, that's the store to hit, apparently).

Got the day off; I'll be able to check three different stores in my area. Not getting my hopes up since these things never work out for me, but I got business in town anyway.

Also, thanks to the few people who are actually posting results as opposed to whining about Nintendo in general. I was reading through every page to see results and got more and more pissed off over time.

I called every Sears in the greater Los Angeles area and the only place that had ONE left in stock is the Sears in Santa Monica. Unfortunately, I asked the guy if he could ring it up over the phone and when he did it came up as $299.99. 

I called every Sears in the greater Los Angeles area and the only place that had ONE left in stock is the Sears in Santa Monica. Unfortunately, I asked the guy if he could ring it up over the phone and when he did it came up as $299.99.
Rule of thumb, don't call the stores, the employees will just buy it themselves.

Rule of thumb, don't call the stores, the employees will just buy it themselves.
I just don't have the will to drive all over LA in the hopes of finding a $99 Wii U. Called over 10 stores and only one had it in stock. If I lived closer to Santa Monica then I'd be more inclined to drive over there but it'd take me about an hour with traffic.

I just don't have the will to drive all over LA in the hopes of finding a $99 Wii U. Called over 10 stores and only one had it in stock. If I lived closer to Santa Monica then I'd be more inclined to drive over there but it'd take me about an hour with traffic.
I hear you, sometimes driving all over the place, chasing deals is just a waste if time.

Rang up $299 in modesto, ca

So basically the Sears has to have them AND they have to be on clearance. My sears has 2 of the 32 GB Nintendoland bundles but they weren't clearanced out.
Shit I didn't ask for the system to be rung up at most of the stores I called, just the first one. Luckily it was ringing up at $99 there so hopefully the others do too. I don't suppose there's a way to tell short of calling and asking?

Last edited:
I know you guys don't want to drive all around but thats the investment you make for a good deal. Calling the store and asking the employee to scan the item is the most idiotic thing to do . They will just lie to you and buy it themselves. It's okay to be a cheapass but dont be stupid ass. I dont post on here much but damn you guys are just silly around here. 

And for that guy that didnt have the 'will' to drive to the store, you sure had the will to call 10 stores...ughh

Last edited:
Then let the deal go. Why ruin for someone else buy alerting the employee? Not againts you.
What makes you guys think employees would buy these all up? We are talking WiiU's, they aren't exactly hot commodities right now.... besides, it is better than wasting a trip with nothing to show for it.

Last edited:
[quote name="rcerboss" post="11704250" timestamp="1398104392"]What makes you guys think employees would buy these all up? We are talking WiiU's, they aren't exactly hot commodities right now.... besides, it is better than wasting a trip with nothing to show for it.[/quote]

Shut.
The.
fuck.
Up.

bread's done
Back