Wii U for $99 at Sears (YMMV?)

APHughes

CAGiversary!
Saw a post on reddit so I called the Seattle Sears location and they had 2 in stock of the 32GB launch consoles. They showed as $199 but I asked him to ring them up and they came up as $99. I had him hold both for me and when I picked them up I had him check the Seattle area for more but none in stock.

This is only for the Nintendo Land bundle, NOT the Zelda or Mario bundles.

Good Luck

EDIT:picture http://m.imgur.com/kS0TkOe
http://m.imgur.com/egTJvT8

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to point something out about the scanned receipt for which the link that the OP provided... the pair of Wii U's shown there on the receipt actually rang up at $399.94 (meaning they were $199.97 each), and then there was a "sale credit" of $199.96 applied to the purchase. I really don't shop at Sears all that much, but is this how they show clearance discounts... by applying a sale credit against the price that actually rings up at the register? Or is there something else going on and whoever the buyer was had some actual store credit coming to them, which they then applied to this purchase. Just keep in mind, the OP did say that he called the store to verify if the original Wii U Deluxe set rang up at $99, but the scanned receipt clearly shows that it doesn't (directly anyway).

Also, there are several articles about this reddit post on the internet, and some people are calling it a hoax. Some articles even show that same pic of the receipt. However, I can't seem to find the reddit article that the OP (as well as others on the internet) have mentioned.  

Just wanted to point something out about the scanned receipt for which the link that the OP provided... the pair of Wii U's shown there on the receipt actually rang up at $399.94 (meaning they were $199.97 each), and then there was a "sale credit" of $199.96 applied to the purchase. I really don't shop at Sears all that much, but is this how they show clearance discounts... by applying a sale credit against the price that actually rings up at the register? Or is there something else going on and whoever the buyer was had some actual store credit coming to them, which they then applied to this purchase. Just keep in mind, the OP did say that he called the store to verify if the original Wii U Deluxe set rang up at $99, but the scanned receipt clearly shows that it doesn't (directly anyway).
Also, there are several articles about this reddit post on the internet, and some people are calling it a hoax. Some articles even show that same pic of the receipt. However, I can't seem to find the reddit article that the OP (as well as others on the internet) have mentioned.
Then how did this person get the deal?

Yeah, they were using an iPad with cc reader, not the normal register. Got all the way to payment, but it still was 199.97. Maybe it would have rang different on the register, but she seemed a little frustrated and I had a call to take.

Then how did this person get the deal?
Hmm... Yeah, the pic of the receipt provided by Wolfie305 seems legit enough, although there is always the possibility that parts of it could be edited/photoshopped (but I doubt it). It looks a hell of a lot more feasible than the scan referred to by the OP, that's for sure. Anyway, if you can find this older Wii U bundle at a Sears near you, I guess it's worth a shot to try and get it for $99.97, if they do indeed let you have it at that price.

Just came back from a pasadena one, with 3 mario bundles behind glass next to where the regular ones were suppose to be. Tag of that empty space was stickered over with a clearance price of 199.99

CAG can be soooo funny sometimes ....were about 5 pages in and no one noticed that only the OP has gotten the deal (most likely using store credit from a return) but hey gotta try right

My local store said it's a third party item and can't sell it. I didn't bother telling her that's bs so hung up. The other store said there are none in the area or in the system. Not worth going to the store and checking myself.

CAG can be soooo funny sometimes ....were about 5 pages in and no one noticed that only the OP has gotten the deal (most likely using store credit from a return) but hey gotta try right
you are soooo right about this. I went to Sears and bought two Wii Us at $400 using my $200 store credit so I could win internet points!

My Sears only had one Mario bundle. I did use my SYW points to grab a 3DS Car charger that was on clearance - came out to free for me!

Didn't two other people claim to have found it, as well? One of them posted a receipt. No, I didn't run out and look, but it's funny when people call out OP's without bothering to actually read the entire topic.

At my local sears the guy working over by electronics said that all the employees bought the wiiUs priced at $99 and that there were also a couple old 360s at the same price also snagged by the employees.

Damn, wish I could find/ trade for a cheap Nintendo Wii 36GB.

My autistic brother keeps asking me for one, I as a college student, am limited with mobility. I'd search every Sears nearby if I could. Been slowly building up a collection of WiiU games for him. I also bought him a Luigi WiiUmote.

If anyone in NJ finds I cheap WiiU, let me know!

So wait, Sears clearances aren't always universal?  News too me since everytime I've seen something on clearance at one sears, every other sears in a 50 mile radius would have it on clearance as well.  I know my Sears has this but I'll be surprised if its anything but 99$ if it comes up that way via register for those who are able to find and buy.

It used to be somewhat consistent from store to store but not anymore. A couple of months Nintendoland was $4.97 at one store near me, $19.97 at another, $24.97 at another and $29.99 at a 4th Sears.

So not only has Mr. Horderman taken over the Sears store, but he had the nerve to try to trade 2 to my GameStop store today for the bonus credit and get $156 x 2. That was a negative

I got the manager of that store to scan it, and it rang up regular price. And no other Nintendoland bundles in my area at all, so I'm out of luck.

Does this work at Kmart too? My kmart has one marked down from 299 to 249... i wonder if it would be the same

Went to my local Sears and the guy at electronics laughed. He said, "you must be looking for that mythical $99 Wii U. It's not here. It's got to be a hoax because that sku doesn't even show up on our system.

I just called a local store and she knew about the Wii Us for 99 but said it was a scam/misprint and it should be a Wii for $99

I just called to check if any were in stock, and they said they've been getting calls about Wii Us all day and that they don't know who changed the price, but apparently it wasn't supposed to happen and there were none for sale.

It used to be somewhat consistent from store to store but not anymore. A couple of months Nintendoland was $4.97 at one store near me, $19.97 at another, $24.97 at another and $29.99 at a 4th Sears.
Wow....someone has a crush on Sears haha.

Five pages in? This statement of your is showing up on the 21st page.

Anyway, as Wii Fit Trainer pointed out, Wolfie305 got the deal as well. Check out post #120 (pg. 12 of this thread).

And so again, SD has crushed the hopes and dreams of many seeking the golden clearance item. This time the coveted Wii U lol.
Ha, soccer mom brigade strikes again. It's frightening the efficiency those people can dismantle a deal with.

Five pages in? This statement of your is showing up on the 21st page.
Not everyone has the same post count per page.

Not everyone has the same post count per page.
Right... but the point I was trying to make is that he obviously didn't read other people's posts, or he would've seen that Wolfie305 had also gotten the deal, and more importantly, Wii Fit Trainer and myself were discussing that very subject of whether the OP's post was real or a hoax just a FEW POSTS prior to his.

I only saw a Mario bundle at my store...but sounds like it was a limited error and is now dead, anyway, so hey.  Kind of sad seeing the dozen-game gaming section and near-MSRP clearance "deals" after the bins of years past...

I successfully went to Sears on my lunch break today and bought one.

uYmFREu.jpg

7qORclH.jpg

I bought one marked $149.99 Saturday and got $15 in points back. Now I'm wondering why it wasn't marked $99, but still a respectable deal. To much hassle to try to do a return re-buy to see if it's $99 now.

I successfully went to Sears on my lunch break today and bought one.

uYmFREu.jpg

7qORclH.jpg
You're going to feel embarrassed after reading the posts that followed to which you just replied to.

Also, you didn't black out the serial no. for your Wii U on your previous pic that you posted on post #120. LOL!

You're going to feel embarrassed after reading the posts that followed to which you just replied to.

Also, you didn't black out the serial no. for your Wii U on your previous pic that you posted on post #120. LOL!
I read it. Definitely not embarrsed. I'm a long time CAG lurker, but never a poster. SD has helped me a lot and I've never contriubted much before. To be fair, my friend was the one who told me about the deal anyway and it happened to be right around 12 so I took my break and snagged one. He gave me the source.

And yeah, not worried about the SN tbh, but too many people on SD so I did it for there just in case. But now that you mention it..

I'm at Sears now but the nintendoland black wiiu is ringing up $199.99!!!! I had her scan it correctly at checkout but the price isn't right! Anyone else have this problem?

And what is the trick to getting it to change to $99?!

I'm at Sears now but the nintendoland black wiiu is ringing up $199.99!!!! I had her scan it correctly at checkout but the price isn't right! Anyone else have this problem?

And what is the trick to getting it to change to $99?!
try this, a tip from SD

So I tried my luck going to a Sears nearby.

I don't know if it was my good looks or that my zipper was accidentally opened, but the female employee who worked at electronics flashed that sly smile at me and responded with an affirmative no. I was probably the 52nd person to ask her.

bread's done
Back