Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

Walmart on East Capital (The place hope goes to die) had Wii cards (I think 2000 points) on sale for $20, and the Goodwill next door had a mario kart wheel for $15. I have no idea if these are good deals or not, but I figured I'd post them.

[quote name='Derrick1979']There is a place in Germantown,WI that the guy sells a bunch of retro gaming stuff but he has strange hours. Also you may want to try Record Head on I think 70th and Greenfield Ave.[/QUOTE]

You know the name of the place in Germantown? Descent prices, or is it like most of the places that sell old games and he thinks everything is rare so charges out the ass?

2000 Wii points is standard $19.99 from what I've seen. Also, you can find first party wheels anywhere from $11.99 to $9.99. Pretty sure I saw them for $9.99 at Walmart.

Also a little bird told me Gamecrazy may be running buy one get one half off on all used games this week. I'll edit the post if it ends up true tomorrow.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Walmart on East Capital (The place hope goes to die) had Wii cards (I think 2000 points) on sale for $20, and the Goodwill next door had a mario kart wheel for $15. I have no idea if these are good deals or not, but I figured I'd post them.

You know the name of the place in Germantown? Descent prices, or is it like most of the places that sell old games and he thinks everything is rare so charges out the ass?[/QUOTE]

Here is the info off his card:

Universal Collectibles & Video Games
N116 W16076 Main Street Germantown,WI 53022
(262) 502-4230
Cell (414) 915-8081

Im not sure on prices of games especially the older games but I do know at the time he was not to bad on stuff for 360/PS2/Xbox about a year ago.

[quote name='psunami']Picked up Lips for $24.98 at the Sun Prairie Target today. Still 3 left when I left.[/QUOTE]

I went there this morning and these were still marked at $34.98.

[quote name='xplocvo']I went there this morning and these were still marked at $34.98.[/QUOTE]

They were marked that that price, but rang up at $24.98. I just took one over to the scanners to check and make sure.

Sorry for forgetting to mention that.

[quote name='psunami']They were marked that that price, but rang up at $24.98. I just took one over to the scanners to check and make sure.

Sorry for forgetting to mention that.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. Maybe I'll swing by tomorrow morning and get one. I wonder if anything else is ringing up for less. I've got my eye on the Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe in the glass case once it drops some more.

Yeah. I didn't have a chance to check on any other titles.

I was with my kids and a 4 and 2 year old make life pretty difficult for a CAG sometimes.

[quote name='psunami']Yeah. I didn't have a chance to check on any other titles.

I was with my kids and a 4 and 2 year old make life pretty difficult for a CAG sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I hear you there. Fortunately the Targets are located between my daycare and the office, so I can stop without the kids. :)

I picked up Lips at SP this morning, 2 copies left now. I didn't have anyone pull the MK vs DC out of the case and scan the price on it. The only employee around at the time was on a walkie talkie going on about dusting for prints, sounded like they were robbed this morning.

at target u dont have to have them pull the games out if there is a scanner with numbers on the side. on the top of the red sticker is a number that will be laid out like XXX-XX-XXXX i just type it into my phone.... go to a scanner and type it in!
bug_nuts

Was in the Onalaska Target today and saw Lips (360) w/ 2 microphones on clearance endcap for $25.

Also, Pawn America in Onalaska has PS2 Slim for $42 ($60 w/ 30% off sale).

Anyone know if either the Target in Racine or Oak Creek has some copies of Smackdown 09, Tiger Woods 09, or Mirrors Edge on clearance? I'll probably run to check them out tomorrow, but I'd appreciate it if someone could possibly save me a trip.

I'm still waiting to try out Lips. Honestly, I bought it for the two wireless mics so that I can use them when the Rock Band 2 patch eventually comes out.

I bought Lips when it came out. It was pretty fun. It is different than just singing for Rockband. You need to shake the mic and get in beat to get the little awards for the song. You can sing into both and shake them to get all the awards for both players. I believe that is an achievement.

On another note.(no pun intended) Has anyone seen the PSN cards for 17 and 40 dollars at Walmart? I checked Madison Janesville and Beloit at different times.

I checked at least 3 of the local Walmarts (West, Sun Prairie, and Watertown) and didn't see the discounted PSN cards. Just normal prices.

[quote name='perdition(troy']why do you gotta go and get me all excited about a new cheese head post and then play me like that :([/QUOTE]

Come on now you could not tell that was spam from a mile away ???

Ha ha

Hey do you know anyone interested in any PS2 games and a PS2 memory Card.... its the last of my PS2 collection and im looking to dump it..

Radiata Stories and Rogue Galaxy are both sealed as well as the Official Sony Memory card....

Oh and BTW yes it is good to have more people from WI here but also bad because its more competition and there are a buttload of lurkers and such already in the Milwaukee area ha ha

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped a the Oak Creek Target today. I was able to snag a copy of Smackdown 09 for $12.48. It was the last one they had. I didn't see any other clearance games either. I looked all over the electronics department and found nothing. Maybe I'll run to the Racine Target tomorrow.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Hey do you know anyone interested in any PS2 games and a PS2 memory Card.... its the last of my PS2 collection and im looking to dump it..

Radiata Stories and Rogue Galaxy are both sealed as well as the Official Sony Memory card....

Oh and BTW yes it is good to have more people from WI here but also bad because its more competition and there are a buttload of lurkers and such already in the Milwaukee area ha ha[/QUOTE]

Id be happy to make any trades if u find a game i want or vice versa!

cheers
bug_nuts

[quote name='bug_nuts']Id be happy to make any trades if u find a game i want or vice versa!

cheers
bug_nuts[/QUOTE]

Where roughly are you at in the Milwaukee Area ? LEts just say im not far from Mayfair Mall.

Best Buy near Steven's Point has some really nice deals on games. Fairly recent titles (including collector's editions) for $25.99...slightly older titles for $10.99. I got SFIV Collector's Edition and Saint's Row 2 CE for $25.99 each, and Grid for $10.99.

[quote name='kevin82485']Best Buy near Steven's Point has some really nice deals on games. Fairly recent titles (including collector's editions) for $25.99...slightly older titles for $10.99. I got SFIV Collector's Edition and Saint's Row 2 CE for $25.99 each, and Grid for $10.99.[/QUOTE]

god i want street fighter collectors at tthat price......

im also in the SE WI area... i've yet to see any of the really crazy low deals... like SFIV collectors for 26... pshhh

yeah we need to make sure we all get a quality shot at getting the games when theres a deal... i will easily be willing to trade games or even pick up said games from anyone who can find some crazy clearance deals

[quote name='kevin82485']Best Buy near Steven's Point has some really nice deals on games. Fairly recent titles (including collector's editions) for $25.99...slightly older titles for $10.99. I got SFIV Collector's Edition and Saint's Row 2 CE for $25.99 each, and Grid for $10.99.[/QUOTE]

Doubt my BB will have Grid of that price, but i'll stop and have a look. TIA!

House of the Dead Overkill for $35 at West side Target Madison.

lame i know since ECA and amazon can get cheaper...

But they had like 10+ copies all red tagged clearence....

They could drop further if they stayed.

I'll be happy to pick one up for 20... if it drops that low...

TIV anywhere is like $15...

They had Fear 2 for 50% off. A few copies of Butcher Bay for 50% off. Guitar Hero 3.

Most of the stuff that has been around for a while.

End War for the PS3 for $44.98 as well. I might take a flier on that at 75% off, just for the headset. Heard the game wasn't all that great.

I haven't seen Hot Shots around the Madison area.

Has anyone seen L4D at Target anywhere?

I've been looking locally, but haven't seen one.

[quote name='psunami']I haven't seen Hot Shots around the Madison area.

Has anyone seen L4D at Target anywhere?

I've been looking locally, but haven't seen one.[/QUOTE]

360?

Target west had the GotY edition for... I think 35, could be less, maybe 30.

Yeah, I'm just keeping an eye out for the 360 version that is on clearance. (Non-GOTY)

No real urge to pick it up... other than the fact that it is cheap.

The Movie Gallery in Beaver Dam, WI is going out of business, was just announced today. All PS3 and 360 games were shipped back to corp. as well as most of the Wii games. Currently everything is 20% off marked price (Ps2/xbox/GC games were marked at 5-15 dollars), but according to the front counter lady the prices are going to drop fast. The DVD's are 9.99 for older titles, and 15 for newer titles (without the 20% off). as well as DVD cases for $ .10 each, which was pretty nice, i picked up 140, which left about a 100 left (sorry guys :p). I would def. check it out if your in the neighbor hood this next week or two. PM me if you would like the address or additional information.

P.S. They will be open until July 18th, as of then the doors will be closed, all sales are final and about 98% of the inventory is used.

Happy Hunting :),
Nameless600

Yeah, that is odd.

I just miss having... Krunk, I believe his name is, as a person keeping track of the drops at Shopko. They had some great deals there. Their clearance games would get down to 90% off.

[quote name='bug_nuts']anyone in milwaukee i found hot shots golf at the ghetto ass walmart on fdl and capital for $20 they had about 6[/QUOTE]

Ha ha I hope you washed your hands after you left there :applause:

[quote name='Derrick1979']Ha ha I hope you washed your hands after you left there :applause:[/QUOTE]

they also had that ps3 hancock blu-ray / remote combo.... it was in teh same glass lockup as the hot shots golf.... i asked to see it so she moves the glass door the other way i reach for the game... and she screams "DONT REACH INTO THE CASE SIR".......... i was like wtf..... are you kidding me?! that is by far one of those walmarts that make u question humanity....... a complete craphole..... but its walmart... the risk one takes lol

cheers
bug_nuts

I have no idea on Wii prices for things, but the GoodWill on Capital (by walmart near the east side in Milwaukee) had Guitar Hero World Tour bundle for Wii for I want to say $79. The Big Lots accross the street had the 360 version for $130. Honestly have no idea if either are worth it, I don't play those games.

bread's done
Back