Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone Gwent Edition available on Gamestop

Anyone know if you can find some kind of card holders that will work for these cards to display either in a book or wall? I am assuming they are the same size as the xbox CE version, which are larger than a baseball card.

I'm sure it's been mentioned several times already but apparently these do not count towards free shipping with SAVER.  However, if you add $24.99 in product that do count towards free shipping then add the Gwent editions they will also be shipped free.  I ended up ordering the PS4 version with Mind Zero (Vita - $15.97) and 2 packs of the AC amiibo cards ($11.98) and got free total shipping with SAVER.

Damn, only the monster and soiatel decks, is the hero cards included? Like Triss or Ciri or Yennefer, pretty much the only cards I want.

How many cards are included in each deck? Is there enough so that you can actually play gwent with someone or do these just include a few cards for collector's purposes?

My Gamestop said they won't be getting these in-store until around Nov. 13th.
Which is about a week after the estimated delivery date for redeemgwent is. Can't believe that this isn't readily available closer to the actual release date of the DLC

If you can provide proof of purchase of the expansion you can get a code to buy a gwent deck from their merch store for $10

I'm sure it's been mentioned several times already but apparently these do not count towards free shipping with SAVER. However, if you add $24.99 in product that do count towards free shipping then add the Gwent editions they will also be shipped free. I ended up ordering the PS4 version with Mind Zero (Vita - $15.97) and 2 packs of the AC amiibo cards ($11.98) and got free total shipping with SAVER.
Pre-orders don't work with SAVER unless you "trick" the site, like you did.

How many cards are included in each deck? Is there enough so that you can actually play gwent with someone or do these just include a few cards for collector's purposes?
The NR and Nilfguard decks from the XB1 CE were 60 cards each. 2 of those cards were double-sided so you had access to all 4 captains for the decks, then the 58 other cards.

Also beware some of the cards have different attack/defense values on the physical card vs. what it is in the game.

Man, ideally I'd want a PC version but if it doesn't come up soon I'm thinking about just buying a PS4 version and offloading the DLC for as close to retail as I can.  I love gwent and ,honestly, the decks are worth more to me than the $10 premium they are selling them for.

Edit: After doing some quick research, a rep on the CDPR forums made a post yesterday that a PC version should go up on GameStop in due time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had no problem doing an in-store order for the PS4 version yesterday afternoon. It's shipping to the store so shipping was free. 

[quote name="jtkauff" post="12971986" timestamp="1445011265"]I believe someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the code for XB1 came via email shortly after they ordered it. Seems to be different from the PS4 version where it's in the box.[/quote]
That was me. I did a web in store order for the :xb1: version and an hour later had the code.

No code yet for me; and, it's been 24 hours (give or take 2 hours) since I ordered. The order status says 'Open' but that's probably the only status besides 'Closed', never seen an 'In Progress' on GS.

So yeah, it can take any amount of time since the time of ordering, for the code to be delivered. chnandler is the only one who got his code and I am beginning to dislike him :)p)

No code yet for me; and, it's been 24 hours (give or take 2 hours) since I ordered. The order status says 'Open' but that's probably the only status besides 'Closed', never seen an 'In Progress' on GS.

So yeah, it can take any amount of time since the time of ordering, for the code to be delivered. chnandler is the only one who got his code and I am beginning to dislike him :)p)
My filler DS games have all shipped but there are two open items in my order: one for the cards and one for the DLC. I ordered pretty early on once it went live.

So........does that mean at some point you liked me? :D

My filler DS games have all shipped but there are two open items in my order: one for the cards and one for the DLC. I ordered pretty early on once it went live.
My GS.com order is still able to be cancelled which means that it hasn't really entered into the usual prep phase yet that occurs the day before they ship. I wonder if they don't really have the stock in the warehouse yet and maybe that's why the free shipping code didn't work?

My GS.com order is still able to be cancelled which means that it hasn't really entered into the usual prep phase yet that occurs the day before they ship. I wonder if they don't really have the stock in the warehouse yet and maybe that's why the free shipping code didn't work?
Mine says 'Open' after ordering early yesterday but I don't see any option to cancel it, which I want to since I secured the cards through the Gwent Redeem site. :/

When do XB1 users get codes?
I believe someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the code for XB1 came via email shortly after they ordered it. Seems to be different from the PS4 version where it's in the box.

I did an order for the xb1 version just a short moment ago and shortly thereafter I went back to the order history page and clicked on the order I just made. The digital code was right under the order details. I just wanted to give you and others a heads up for those still waiting for it to arrive via e-mail.

All that rhetoric alluding to a small number being produced, yet it's still available.
Not sure if it's rhetoric, seems like the companies that makes these have a different definition of limited than some people on here. Remember back just 2 years ago. CE items never sold out during preorder phase, and was available always until it gets clearanced out. Nowadays CEs often tend to sell out prior to release thus companies considered them more limited. However, seems people on here have different expectations, this thing has only been up for 2 days and it's exclusive to one retailer. But people already consider it as an overproduced item just because it hasn't sold out yet after 2 days. Times have changed.

Anyone have any recommendations on either a notebook style page, that will hold these cards for display in a 3 ring binder, or possibly a wall display case? I am guessing they are longer than most collectible cards so not sure if something even exists that will hold them for display purposes.

Much longer.

YnH3Jad.jpg

I don't have the Witcher 3 but I love card games. Is this worth it for that alone?
W/o playing Witcher 3 I don't know how you much you'll like the game, but once these are OoP they won't be $20. I haven't looked since launch, but the decks from the XB1 CE were going for $70-$100 at that time.

Got my PS4 copy delivered just now.  Seems like a pretty nice extra given that only costs $10 on top of the original DLC code price.  I haven't opened the actual cards but they look pretty well made.  It says there are 154 cards total, which I think means there are 2 sets of each deck so each player could be the same deck if they wanted.  I wondered how that would work.

Mine finally shipped Monday after ordering last Weds... Bought two, but they only sent me one code... Calling them seems impossible, was on hold for 40 minutes, then got disconnected.

The store pickup thing is going bonkers for me (not in order of distance in any way) but it's showing it in stock in a bunch of places. Not sure if this is true.

Edit: on the ps4 version

The store pickup thing is going bonkers for me (not in order of distance in any way) but it's showing it in stock in a bunch of places. Not sure if this is true.

Edit: on the ps4 version
I just went to my local gamestop and picked up a copy of it on ps4. Seems like not all stores have it though since the other one I called said they didn't have it in stock yet

I just went to my local gamestop and picked up a copy of it on ps4. Seems like not all stores have it though since the other one I called said they didn't have it in stock yet
Mine had one as well. Cancelled my Jinx order, grabbed one physically and sold the code to a friend.

I definitely hope they revisit the Nilfgaard and Northern Realms decks. I've got the originals, but I'll be missing the new leader and neutral cards for them.

Mine finally shipped Monday after ordering last Weds... Bought two, but they only sent me one code... Calling them seems impossible, was on hold for 40 minutes, then got disconnected.
Same happened to me. I checked again a few days later and the order page had been updated to reflect all the individual items in the order, and each one had its own code beneath it.

bread's done
Back