Woot (and other) video game shirts

lilman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
-Purpose of Thread-
This thread will be used for posting limited-time availability custom video game inspired shirts (that was a mouthful). There are a lot of websites that sell video game inspired tshirts, but this thread will only be used to alert CAGs to shirts that are available for a limited time and/or at a special price.

Please post a link to whatever video game shirt you come across and include the game that inspired it (like "Mario"), the price if it isn't indicated in the website description below, and if possible a pic of the shirt (use spoiler for the pic to speed up page loading time).

Visit teemagnet.com for tracking the shirt of the day across multiple websites.

-----------------------
-Websites Info-

shirt.woot.com
Cost: $12 (shirt of the day) or $15-18 (after that day). This includes shipping and there is no tax (unless you live in TX).
Availability: Cheaper the day it comes out but is only available in a limited quantity on the first day. Shirt remains available at $15 for as many weeks as it is popular. Afterwards it goes into the catalog for $18.

teefury.com
Cost: $10 + $2 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day. Sale begins at 12am EST and lasts for 24hrs or until stock runs out.

riptapparel.com
Cost: $10 + $2.95 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

theyetee.com
Cost: $11 + $3.85 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

6dollarshirts.com
Cost: $6. This includes shipping.
Availability: Shirt remains available after being shirt of the day, but shipping is no longer free.

onceuponatee.net
Cost: $12 + $3.69 shipping.
Availability: Collections are available for a week. They also have a limited inventory of older prints available in their vault.

If you want to include other websites here, pm me the website link, a description, and the standard price(s) so I can add it to this post.

-----------------------
-Sizing Info-

Some people like to get shirts from online stores one size larger than the shirts they normally buy (like if you usually wear medium, buy large) since they can shrink a bit after the first wash. Unfortunately it's hard to come up with a general rule as sites seem to change shirt brands at any time.

Always look at the site's sizing chart before making a purchase. It may even give you a hint if you should buy one size larger than normal. If in doubt, I go one size bigger and shrink as necessary. Imho a slightly bigger shirt looks better than wearing a slightly small one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wanted the Rose the Retrogamer shirt from woot a while back. Is there any way to get my hands in one?

[quote name='Vegan']I respect Watterson's stance on licensing, but this shirt is parody / respectful homage. I'll let it slide.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Watterson ended up quite embittered (and a little eccentric) when it came to the run away piracy of his IP.

He was strongly anti-licensing ala Garfield, and the appropriation of his characters is one of the things that drove him out of the industry. C&H was his art, but it had been appropriated by the people in true viral fashion.

I tend to fall on the snooty side of these re-uses, and I wonder if C&H had come a decade later and been in full swing in the internet era if Watterson would still hold the same position.

Its sad, because I totally understand his viewpoint, both as the owner of the IP, and as someone who should have been making money from its appropriation. Capitalism supports patents and copyrights for a reason.

Didn't see this one posted yet...
1284596159_top_donkeymonkey.jpg

http://www.teefury.com/

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I recommend using http://www.teemagnet.com/. They essentially aggregate all these daily random tshirt sites into one site.

[quote name='david12795']how does does tee fury take to ship? i just bought my first t shirt there[/QUOTE]

A while. Took me around 2 - 3 weeks before I got my t-shirt.

Got my "5 Second Rule" shirt from shirt.woot. The material is a little thin, but other than that I love it. It doesn't feel or look cheap at all, which was a slight concern of mine. If it holds up, I will definitely get more shirts from there. My only real complaint is that their free shipping takes almost two weeks to get to you. Maybe I'm used to Gamestop's free shipping (value), which only takes a max of 4 days to get me.

So, colder weather is coming where I'm from, are there any similar sites with long sleeved tees, sweaters, or hoodies for a decent price?

[quote name='KiySeph']A while. Took me around 2 - 3 weeks before I got my t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

:eek:

guess i wont be expecting it soon

also, does threadless often have these $10 sales? or is it once every blue moon?

[quote name='david12795']well time to stock up then![/QUOTE]

If they have something you want in your size I'd grab it. Seems like every time they run this, the one t-shirt I want is out of print or out of of my size.

I just looked at my Threadless orders and the last two years I've placed $9/10 orders in mid-March and early Sept each year.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']are they always this cheap? only 9 bucks not bad at all![/QUOTE]
Yup, Teefury is $11 with shipping and Woot is $10. And of course plus tax if you're in whatever state they're in. TX for woot & not sure for tf.

How long does it take for Teefury to ship you your shirt? I ordered that Calvin and Hobbes one from a few weeks ago and haven't seen anything at all.

[quote name='Mizzou75']How long does it take for Teefury to ship you your shirt? I ordered that Calvin and Hobbes one from a few weeks ago and haven't seen anything at all.[/QUOTE]

A while, you should get an email with an estimated delivery date but it will probably take 2-3 weeks.

Is there any where or way to get one of the shirts from Teefury after they're gone? My wife liked this Scare Bear one the had but I forgot to order till like 5 till the change and I took too long in the checkout so I missed it.

1282597640_bottom_scarebear.jpg

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']Is there any where or way to get one of the shirts from Teefury after they're gone? My wife liked this Scare Bear one the had but I forgot to order till like 5 till the change and I took too long in the checkout so I missed it.[/QUOTE]

No. With them, when they're gone they're gone.

[quote name='Vegan']Wow, that's kind of a clusterfuck.[/QUOTE]

yeah - on the one hand it's Portal but on the other hand, that design sucks.

[quote name='mindatlarge']If I get one of these shirts, will I be as cool as real gamers like Jessica Chobot?[/QUOTE]

Even cooler than her.

The problem with a lot of the shirt sites during this time of year is that they're only good for this time of year (Halloween, Fall, etc.).

Threadless has another $10 shirt sale. And they even broke stuff down into categories like video game shirts.

636x460design_01.jpg

I really like this one. It's pretty new, still on the front page of the site. You kinda need to order multiple items to make it worth the shipping cause.

This is teefury's shirt for today.
1291006439_bottom_koopahutt.jpg

I know there's less than an hour left to order it but I just thought to check if anyone had posted it in this thread.

I also got an email from teefury saying that this whole week will be video game related shirts. I will post the next one at the stroke of 11:00 (at least where I live it will be.)

bread's done
Back