World of Goo (PC), direct from the developers - name your price! Ends 10/25

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
WoG_header.jpg

Update 10/20:​
Offer extended to 10/25. Also:
Please do not pay less than 30 cents! The developers do not see any income from sales less than ~30 cents; it all goes to the Paypal transaction fee. Nearly a third of people who have gotten in on this deal so far have only paid a penny; this is a supreme dick move, so please don't do it! Cough up at least four bits you cheap bastard.

If you're one of the 17,000 people who only paid a single copper and feel guilty about it, which you should, there is still time, now, to go back and pay them something a bit more reasonable. If you pay something in the ballpark of what you spend on lunch everyday, congrats, you win. If it's less than what you pay for a candy bar, then you are evil.

Original post:
World of Goo just turned one year old. To celebrate, the developers, 2D Boy, are offering the game directly from their website, for whatever price you'd like to pay. 1¢, $1000, anything north of zero works. The game normally sells for $20.

This is the PC version, and this purchase will get you the Windows, Mac, and Linux versions of the game, all together, so unless you're using OS/2 or AmigaOS or something, you should be able to run this.

If you have not played this game, for the love of god and all that is good about videogames, please buy it now (and if you're one of those naughty devils who did play it, but didn't pay for it, now's your chance to clear your conscience). If you have any friends, relatives, or even remote passing acquaintances who have not played this game, buy it for all of them, too. Buy 30 copies for 50¢ each and hand them out at your next social gathering, and you will be the hit of the party. Whatever. Just buy it.

This offer lasts until October 19th. Go forth, buy, and fall in love:
http://2dboy.com/games.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my apologies for that, but that "Pay-What-You-Want Birthday Sale Wrap-up" link was just now brought to my attention and I saw no one else had made a guess at the amount of money they made from the promotion. I think a lot of us assumed they were getting 95% donations of $0.01, but apparently not considering the gross dollars paid over the promotion was upwards of $190,000!

Maybe Crayon Physics (which is doing a similar promotion right now) will have such good luck!

bread's done
Back