World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Discussion Thread

[quote name='blader16']Who here thinks Palys & DKs are way OPed?

I think its safe to say that either one of them could face-roll and still win. :)[/QUOTE]

I play paladin. I can solo waves of mobs forever without stopping with holy gear in prot spec.

I will agree pally's are overpowered. Also DK's are too.

Wow, I just discovered how easy you can get a group of 80s to run you through onyxia is, along with guild runs.

My guild never really did raiding knights for all the lvl 60 instances, but I got it setup where every Friday we do a raid. Last Friday we dis onyxia and now this Friday we plan on doing hakkar, then BWL & MC.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you guys say is the most money making professions end-game. I would say Enchanting/Mining/Fishing? Am I correct?

I personally was going LW/Skinning for my hunter but figured i might as well just drop LW, keep skinning, & get enchanting. Since I dont want to be wasting all that leather for gear when i would just be replacing it with instance armor, or just pay a LW to make it for me with the mats i already have with skinning.

[quote name='blader16']What would you guys say is the most money making professions end-game. I would say Enchanting/Mining/Fishing? Am I correct?

I personally was going LW/Skinning for my hunter but figured i might as well just drop LW, keep skinning, & get enchanting. Since I dont want to be wasting all that leather for gear when i would just be replacing it with instance armor, or just pay a LW to make it for me with the mats i already have with skinning.[/QUOTE]

When I was playing, I was enchanting. I'd just link my enchants and take tips. It adds up very quickly. Mining also does very well for gathering. You can auction house stacks of ore for a bit (depending on your server economy).

[quote name='blader16']What would you guys say is the most money making professions end-game. I would say Enchanting/Mining/Fishing? Am I correct?

I personally was going LW/Skinning for my hunter but figured i might as well just drop LW, keep skinning, & get enchanting. Since I dont want to be wasting all that leather for gear when i would just be replacing it with instance armor, or just pay a LW to make it for me with the mats i already have with skinning.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up Enchanting is going to be hell to level up. Unless you don't mind instance grinding low level ones for greens/blues Enchanting is going to be hell because the mats are not cheap on the AH. I have a 64 warlock who just broke 315 enchanting last night and it is not fun. Mining is a hell of a lot easier.

[quote name='blader16']How is enchanting for gold cost to lvl up, buy rods, & recipes?[/QUOTE]

I bought my way up to 375. I think it took about 6k buying up mats from the auction house (pre-wrath). If you just want to level it, you don't really need to buy many recipes. The drop rate is also a lot better for them, so you can grind some out if you want. If you have a blacksmith, you can make your own rods also.

The mats become a lot easier to get if you level enchanting when you start questing in Northrend. I just disenchanted all the quest items I got and leveled it that way. The last few points, I did free enchanting for people and got my last points like that.

Gawd, my Fiance is going to chop off my bits if she ever saw me fire up WoW again...

But when I was fairly active, I was a casual level 74 Tauren Druid on Greymane by the name of Jihnaea, balanced spec with a bit of Resto power for 2-mans and the occasional dungeon dive.

Wife aggro... Lol.

And I have all the rods & mats already to get me to 425. So i should be set. I also have 37 lvl 60 epics waiting to be DE. The bad parr is I'm only 125, but I should be too 300 by tomorrow.

If you're looking to make money doing a profession, I would take herbalism or jewelcrafting. There's always a need for mana potions and flasks, especially with high end dungeons and raids. Gems for gear is always in demand with people constantly getting new gear. Jewelcrafting is also beneficial if you're planning to make it to end game raiding, as the jewelcrafting specific gems are very powerful.

Can I use a single copy of the game to install on my Mac and PC or do I have to buy a copy for each? Tnx I am thinking of returning after nearly 4 years out.

[quote name='BREVITY']Can I use a single copy of the game to install on my Mac and PC or do I have to buy a copy for each? Tnx I am thinking of returning after nearly 4 years out.[/QUOTE]

You'll only need one. You can install the game on however many machines you want, but only one can be logged into a given account at a time.

In other news, looks like 3.2 is going live tomorrow....which means no one here should count on playing WoW tomorrow. Patch days kill the game for at least a day.

My sub ran out at the end of the month and I'm debating on weather to play for one more month just to play around with patch 3.2. I really want to try out the new battle ground. I haven't raided in sometime now and I'm not to keen on the new dungeon. Looks like every week they will introduce a new boss with 4 different modes?

I'm curious how many other CAGs are/were hardcore WoW players. I've played a few different classes but that last one I've played (the most) is my mage (link is in my sig).

PS - I've been playing on and off since April 2005 (mostly on, and haven't played much for the past month and a half) and for the most part I've played Horde on Kil'Jaeden server.

Bumpity bump bump.

I basically took all of BC off after playing Vanilla for a couple of months, but 2008 has been a little underwhelming for me console-wise so far, so I got back into WoW a couple of months ago, and finally leveled my Tauren Shaman to 80. So:

Pridehoof, on Thorium Brotherhood, and a stupid amount of sub-40 alts.

It seems like CAGS are scattered all over the servers, but I wonder if some kind of CAG guild might not be possible somehow.

Onyxia is coming back, tuned for Level 80.

"My cave was merely a setback..."-Onyxia

She has lurked in her lair and done battle with the many brave adventurers who travelled to that familiar location over the years. Now, in honor of the World of Warcraft 5-year anniversary, the dreaded brood mother Onyxia is being revamped to make a return to the forefront of Azeroth, as part of our big plans for the upcoming 3.2.2 content patch.

This permanent update to Onyxia will convert the dungeon into 10- and 25-player modes. We will be adding new items to Onyxia’s loot table that have the same model as some of the classic loot from this dungeon, like Tier 2 helms, with stats updated to match the current level of content. There will be a special new item too: a normal drake-sized 310% speed flying mount modeled after Onyxia herself called an Onyxia Broodling. We will also be updating the encounter mechanics to be more fitting for modern raiding, but we can guarantee players will get to experience the frightening horror of deep breaths once again.

Then for a limited time, after the 5-year anniversary event officially begins in November, anybody who logs in will receive an Onyxia Brood Whelpling pet.

We’re very excited to bring this classic encounter back to provide a fun new experience for both new and veteran players. Further details will be available in the near future, and we will be setting up the Public Test Realms soon to help test out this fight along with all the new content we have planned for the patch. Keep an eye on the forums for updates!

-Ansalem Lvl 80 Warrior - Cenarius

Too bad the game is pretty broken right now. On my server it is anyway. I'm so sick of seeing Additional instances cannot be launched, please try later for hours on end. All I wanted to do was run through Mana-Tombs lol.

Same here, 1 of my servers getsthat message 9/10 I try and do an instance. =(

And also, dammit 'number83' you took my chance to claim glory for reporting that onyxia info. I just noticed it right after you posted that. =)

I haven't had any problems launching instances since the patch but I have seen the complaints on all kinds of forums. Maybe its because I don't step a foot into any instances besides the new raid and Ulduar.

Also has anyone done the new Champions raid? A bit disapointing how easy it has been, I really hope the hard modes get a lot more challenging.

Well tomorrows BlizzCon and everyone is expecting to see Cataclysm expansion to be announced along with the 2 new races. From what it sounds like they will be trying to regurgitate the original WoW to some degree (assuming the the rumors are correct).

[quote name='Magus8472']Worgen?

I wonder how many bad Teen Wolf jokes the starting zone will have.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say "wolf man has nards," but that works too! :lol:

Recruit a Friend

Recruit a Friend in World of Warcraft.
Pm me if you are interested. You get 10 days FREE play time.

Scroll of Resurrection:

Invite a friend that has left World of Warcraft to return with a FREE 10-Day Trial of the Burning Crusade. If your friend reactivates their account and pays for a month of gametime, you will receive a month of WoW FREE! You can only invite someone who was once a paid subscriber and last played the game more than 90 days ago. PM me if interested.

Big bump.

I'm really interested in this, since this was my biggest complaint right before I took my most recent break.

Pick-Up Groups

• [*]Cross-realm instances are now available and use an improved matchmaking system to assist players in looking for additional party members. As with Battlegrounds, the realms in each Battlegroup are connected.
-----

Planning on starting WOW back up again after a ~5 month break. It's just so damn addicting.

By the way, I'm horde on Nerzhul & alliance on Dark Iron.

-----

At the moment, what do you guys think is more important for end-game: Healer or Tank?

Man, I had all but forgotten about this thread.

Oh yeah, the new LFG tool is damned awesome. In my battlegroup, Healers and Tanks can get in a group for any Heroic in under a minute. DPS classes usually take a bit longer, but always under 15 minutes. Worth noting that it's only for use with 5-man instances, not the raids. With the right spec, you can do 3-4 instances an hour and get a ton of badges.

Looking For Raid

• [*]There is a new Looking For Raid option available to players that can be accessed via the Raid Information screen in the interface or by typing "/LFR."

• [*]Players will be able to browse the system manually for any other players looking for a raid dungeon group.
      [*]While browsing LFR players may sort the list ascending or descending by left-clicking the following headers: Name, Level, Class, Tank Role, Healer Role, and Damage Role. The crown is the Leader Role (representing a raid group with 2 or more people). Players can left-click on this header to sort the list with groups at the top or at the bottom.
      [*]Hovering over players listed in LFR will display their name, class, level, roles and comments. Hovering over a raid/group will display the leader's name, the raid information (number of people in the raid), comments, if there are any bosses dead (and which ones), and if there are any friends from your Friends list or ignored players from your Ignore list in the raid group.
The Looking For Group chat channel has returned and can be accessed in all major cities (similar to the Trade chat channel) without the use of the Dungeon Finder interface.

-----

Salamando, what do you think is more valuable/needed for end game: Healers or Tanks?

-----

It would be cool if you could manually pick out people for the LFR, even if they aren't in your battlegroup. That way we could actually get some CAG raiding nights going.

the Looking for Raid tool is fairly different from the Looking for Group tool. The key differences being the LFG tool is automatic and groups you with other LFG chars in your battlegroup, where the Looking For Raid tool isn't, and only works inside your server.

In terms of which is more valuable (healer or tank), I can't give a clear answer. In pick up groups, both are usually in high demand. I've seen just as many raids get stalled by a lack of healers as I've seen get stalled by a lack of tank. If you're looking to join a raiding guild, they almost always have a set of tanks they prefer to run with, so I couldn't really see going that route (unless you're insanely geared).

Or you could spend enough time to gear up both specs. The dual-spec system they have in place allows you to easily switch between talent specs (don't know how familiar you are with dual-specs).

I've been a player since it came out, but I've taken about 5 breaks throughout that period (my longest is 2 years). I'm pretty sure it was right after patch 3.2 that I canceled my subscription. So that's about 4 months?

Either way, thanks for the answer, Salamando.

Anyone play on Twisting nether?

My main is a warlock and I have been reading the warlock changes and I am not sure how i feel about them. Sure they sound cool but it will be a lot different. I guess that goes for more classes so far. Cata will be a big change for sure.

So I've been a Mage for quite sometime. Been looking for an alt, but really can't seem to find what I like better :whistle2:\
I tried a Hunter, Priest, Warlock, Pally, and my latest: a Druid. Maybe I'm just used to being a Mage.. lol
Though, my Hunter is now level 51 so I might just take that character to 80. Maybe once I'm 80 and fully geared and have some really awesome pets.. it'll be fun. /shrug

I do think it'll come down between Warlock and Druid. I miiight lean towards Druid because it'll give me a chance to have an off-spec healing and I could eventually learn how to heal.

I don't know where this is going. I'm bored and I hate Tuesdays.

As nice as the class previews were, it left me wanting the new talent trees even more. My two main specs (Shadow priest and Elem shammy) have lots of "boring" talents that will end up removed. Some of the hints as to what they'd be replaced with (Shammies get Earthquake as a ranged AOE? About time) have some awesome potential.

WoWScrnShot_041410_235932.jpg

Bam. Chicken!

I keep humming the Chocobo Race song while riding it.

I'm not joking.

WoWScrnShot_041510_130505.jpg

Today's mount.

[quote name='georox']I keep humming the Chocobo Race song while riding it.

I'm not joking.

WoWScrnShot_041510_130505.jpg

Today's mount.[/QUOTE]

OMFG.

Ghost pegasus.

For sale in the Blizzard store.

*so wants*

Funny this thread should be res'd, I just got back in to the game a few days ago. Need to buy WotLK though =/

69 hunter, god what a fun class. I slipped right back in to my binds as if I had never left. Love this friggin game.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Extremely cool looking mount, but like hell if I'm paying 25$ for it.[/QUOTE]
I guess they figure they can charge $10 for a virtual pet that does nothing, this actually does something, so they can charge 2.5 times that.

I mean, hell, for $25 you can get a whole new game....

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I guess they figure they can charge $10 for a virtual pet that does nothing, this actually does something, so they can charge 2.5 times that.

I mean, hell, for $25 you can get a whole new game....[/QUOTE]

At least it is BoA so you never need to buy a mount for your alts again as it goes by your riding skill level, so it isn't totally a bad deal.

Yea, it's *every* character on your account, and it scales with riding skill, and if you earn a 310% mount, that goes 310%. It's pretty nice, never have to buy mounts again. =P

[quote name='georox']Bam. Chicken![/QUOTE]

Having the Bloodsail Admiral title is already incontrovertible proof that you've played far too much WoW.

Looks like these new flying mounts are going to be popular.

Just took this on my server around noon. Imagine the sparkly chaos that is going to erupt when school and work get out.
WoWScrnShot_041510_132249.jpg

[quote name='Magus8472']Having the Bloodsail Admiral title is already incontrovertible proof that you've played far too much WoW.[/QUOTE]

22 platinum trophies? Shut your whore mouth you wench.

[quote name='georox']22 platinum trophies? Shut your whore mouth you wench.[/QUOTE]

I'll take them over your stupid hat. :D

[quote name='Magus8472']I'll take them over your stupid hat. :D[/QUOTE]

My stupid hat at least gets me a virtual pet. Your trophies don't even do that.

[quote name='Spacepest']Looks like these new flying mounts are going to be popular.

Just took this on my server around noon. Imagine the sparkly chaos that is going to erupt when school and work get out.
WoWScrnShot_041510_132249.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Look! It's $125!

bread's done
Back