Worst Online Game Retailer 2009

I'm going with RadioShack.com.

Saw the deal on $40 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for 360. Purchased it, received the PSP version, and it took nearly 2 months to receive the correct version of the game.

Never ordering through RS.com and possibly B&M if I can avoid it thanks to that screw up.

Rosenqueen. Seriously, they change their terms when they feel like it and don't feel like they can update a strand of text.

IT'S LIKE THE WEBSITE CONTROLS ITSELF?!

[quote name='x1Bocephus1x']I second that nomination...[/QUOTE]

...and the motion carries. Again and again. Year after year. Why do CAGs still bother buying from GS/EB?

GameQuestDirect ... I fuckin hate these guys

Also Best Buy for sending me returned goods that were half opened as "new" games. If any item is not factory sealed in the world ... it's not new plain and simple

It seems pretty popular to go with GameStop, but they've been so bad for so long that I'm just numb to them.

I'm gonna go with RosenQueen. They fucked a lot of people over.

[quote name='Outinthedark']I'm going with RadioShack.com.

Saw the deal on $40 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for 360. Purchased it, received the PSP version, and it took nearly 2 months to receive the correct version of the game.

Never ordering through RS.com and possibly B&M if I can avoid it thanks to that screw up.[/QUOTE]

They've been on my boycot list since before I hit puberty. Poor selection, rediculously marked up prices on almost everything, and annoying sales folk. I've gone to 1 in the past 15 years, looking for a cable I needed on short notice. Ended up going to the camera store next door and finding it for 75% cheaper. I wonder what poor suckers keep them in business.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']ToysRUs for no true online deals and outrageous shipping.

GS is now at least guaranteeing the manual and case, and games are below msrp.[/QUOTE]
This!

GameStop. They were starting to get better, but then they stopped with the manual and case guarantee on all current console games. Boo to them.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Gamestop.com

Getting a used game when you paid for a brand new, sealed copy is a big problem.[/QUOTE]

At what point is it your fault for buying them?

Rosenqueen - I didn't get burnt but many CAGs did. Plus their habit of charging your card before shipping is questionable. Finally, their website was all glitchy until recently, my browser was constantly telling me about security risks there.

Voted for BuyNextGen b/c maybe if they win, we'll stop seeing threads pop up about how they screwed someone or someone asking if they're reliable. (hint: they're not)

Gamestop all the way.
Getting anything used from them is a major rip off cause you know they gave some poor fool pennies for their so called "worthless" game that they are now selling for the "bargain" price of 5 bucks off MSRP.

Gamestop - I like the store just fine, and the web site is great for looking up stock at the B&M stores. But the last things I ordered online were refurbished pieces o' crap so I've pretty much stopped buying used games. They are decent enough for buying new stuff, though, if you have credit to burn from their great in-store trade-in deals.

Personally, I'd like to give GS the award for best B&M store and worst online store but they didn't make the best store nominations. I know a lot of CAGs will vote them worst B&M store but I just can't do that given the trade-in deals, easy to find stock (using the web site), and numerous convenient locations.

[quote name='Smuglittleman']GameStop - Unlike most people here I like B&M GameStop but the online is stinky.[/QUOTE]

I think the opposite regarding GS.

I have to vote for TRU online because their online deals are so bad with shipping. Usually when they have some deal going on, it is killed by the shipping and/or tax.

The only TRU online game purchase I made was for Lips when Google Checkout or PayPal was offering a good rebate ($20 back from $50).

Got to be Buy.com. Sent me defective batteries and then pushed me off on Microsoft warranty support instead of exchanging them. fuck that shit, yo.

bread's done
Back