Worst Online Game Retailer 2011

I'm going to go with Amazon as a write in as well. After multiple years of riding the top, they brought nothing special to the table this year.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm going to go with Amazon as a write in as well. After multiple years of riding the top, they brought nothing special to the table this year.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Plus the "deals" they did offer were postponed, buggy, laggy, and generally not worth the time you had to waste.

Amazon as a write in for me as well.

I'm not gonna lie, I came out with some terrific deals from both places and now have a backlog of the big games of 2011, but also had problems with ordering with both.

At Best Buy, I ordered the Dawson's Creek Complete DVD Set to send to my brother stationed overseas and after I got the e-mail stating it was ready to be picked up in store, I waited in line to pick it up, waited even longer for the associate to find it, and then was told that the stock shown online was inaccurate and they didn't have it even though I received an e-mail stating they had someone pull it for me. And then they couldn't cancel my order and I had to do it on the phone. I found the box set in the same store, took it back to the customer service desk and finished the transaction no problem.

Gamestop charged me $54.99 for MW3 while it was on sale for $44.99 when I ordered it online. I had to e-mail them, wait a week, and recieved an e-mail stating they would refund my CC. I recieved another e-mail a week later stating they had shipped me a package. It was a $10 GC to Gamestop. They never refunded my CC but sent me a GC instead. I probably could have called and bitched and been refunded on my CC too I but was done with it.

Best Buy were completely clueless and then lied to cover themselves. Gamestop made a mistake and then "fixed" it by forcing me to spend money there again. I vote Gamestop!

I've got nothing good to say about online sales from Gamestop. I don't have anything good at all to say about Gamestop now that I really think about it...

Best Buy. Several times in the past year, I would buy a game at discount I saw on CAG from them and would go to pick it up, only to find that they would charge me the in-store price instead of the one on their own website. I walked away empty-handed several times. FU Best Buy.

The TRU online store charges ridiculous shipping fees unless you spend $100+ most of the time, and their online prices are usually much higher than in-store. It really blows that the one TRU B&M store near me is now closing. Boo. . .

Had to go with Gohastings on this one, they have good deals, but their website is terrible, no clear way to see what they have in stock, it will show you an xbox 360 cover of a game for $4.99 then when you click on it its actually the PS2 version for that price.

Tricky one, Gamestop has pretty much burned the bridge I had with them years ago, so Best Buy stepped up this past year to take on mighty Amazon...and blew it. One of the owrst online retail experiences I've ever had in any capacity. I know it created a whole stir here on the site and many people felt the issues were not a big deal, but for me it soured a solid decade long relationship I had with the company.

gamestop.... I order games, they arnt there, I order games (new) when they are first released, find them open when I get to the store, I order GoW 3 online for 19$, I have my order cancelled for no reason, gamestop is just a joke.

Toysrus. The selction is terrible. And when prices are low the games either aren't available in store or available for shipping. And if they can ship they want to charge something near $10.

Best Buy, had more Items I ordered get cancelled than actually shipped... and usually weeks after I placed the order.

Best Buy, for totally botching their deals, so much that it made the news and had to issue apologies and store credit. As much as I dislike Gamestop's business practices, at least they make good on what they say.

Best Buy. I got a few games at great prices but I had several orders that they screwed me over on.I also had two Cust.Service reps flat out lie to me about the gift card they owed me for not delivering my christmas gifts until Jan.2.

Best Buy - Jeckell and Hyde . Some great deals if you could get them . Even if you thought you got them , there was a good chance you werent going to .

bread's done
Back