Worst Online Game Retailer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it pains me to say this, I vote amazon. Their shipping has gone down the toilet. They package things like crap, and I receive more damaged items from amazon than other retailer, by far!

Does Ebay count? Worst online shopping experiences have been with ebay, as a buyer and a seller, they have the worst policies on both ends and they don't let you contact them as the mediator ever.

Amazon (can't believe I'm typing this!). Not only were they "lazy" other than their two best deals for Black Friday (PS Vita Assassin's Creed Bundle for $179 and PS3 250 GB Bundle for $199), but the "Video Games Gold Box Offers" have become a complete joke! Whereas I used to stay up every night til 2 AM CT to see what their Video Game Deal of the Day is, now I just come to CAG to laugh about their failures. I may actually consider not renewing Amazon Prime again the offers have been so lackluster.

[quote name='lordopus99']
My vote goes to Amazon. Their gaming prices/deals have gone way down the hole. 2012 ended what was a good run for Amazon. $20 credit deals were all but gone. BF was all matched, and not even all the way to other retailers. Their own deals (i.e. not price matched) were all but non-existant. Lightning deals are jokes.[/QUOTE]

+1

Normally I'd say Gamestop as their online deals are basically non-existant, but AMAZON wins it this year. Like everyone's been saying it's like they just threw in the towel and stopped trying. Their $20 credits were what kept me a Prime Member and made me choose them even when their pre-order bonuses sucked. This year was the first time since I became a Prime member 4-5 years ago that I decided to NOT renew my membership. To add insult to injury they started charging tax in my state (PA) making their "deals" just a little bit worse.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']+1

Normally I'd say Gamestop as their online deals are basically non-existant, but AMAZON wins it this year. Like everyone's been saying it's like they just threw in the towel and stopped trying. Their $20 credits were what kept me a Prime Member and made me choose them even when their pre-order bonuses sucked. This year was the first time since I became a Prime member 4-5 years ago that I decided to NOT renew my membership. To add insult to injury they started charging tax in my state (PA) making their "deals" just a little bit worse.[/QUOTE]

Actually that is not amazon's fault the state legislators(SP?) in harrisburg voted for us to pay taxes on online orders. So amazon was just obeying the law.

No online store alienates gamers more than Toys R Us. They have THE WORST shipping charges on the web for games. Why is a game $9 for shipping?

The worst part is that games and game accessories are excluded from EVERY free shipping promo on their site. They usually have spend $xx.xx and shipping is free. Then in the fine print, it excludes video games. WHY? That's ALL it excludes! Really?! A swing set or turtle sandbox ships free but not a game? They don't even make their games shop runner eligible.

I can't count how many times I've been about to take part in one of their deals only to see shipping raise the price by $15.

No thanks.

[quote name='Ray5555']Actually that is not amazon's fault the state legislators(SP?) in harrisburg voted for us to pay taxes on online orders. So amazon was just obeying the law.[/QUOTE]

I understand that (That's why I said insult to injury), but I'm a CAG and now have to pay tax on Amazon which was previously tax free. Do I really need to explain that more?

Gamestop

Just on the fact I got a defective used disc that should of came up when making sure games worked. Can't really say I had any other bad experiences.

Gamestop

Used games usually are disc only and scratched up
New games have a chance of coming resealed or gutted with price stickers on the cases and unlike the store versus buying online, you can't just say you don't want a gutted copy when they go to pull

Amazon. I was a big fan of their daily video rental deals, which all but died in 2012 as they only feature deals for buying movies these days. They've also done weird things like greatly limiting one of the movie rentals that I paid for from supporting all devices to just Tivo and PC, which made no sense.

Toys R Us
- Major delays with an already released game... got delayed, AGAIN. took almost 5 days to even process my order... cant even keep track of their own stocks.

Also for those using amazon, you need to eagle eye products. Amazon prices flucuate on demand, I got KHDDD for $19 on amazon, and now its back up again. You can also cry wolf saying package was damaged but still usable and get 20~30% refunded back to you everytime. So suddenly $40 becomes 30 or less!~ + Prime = quick... If product is under $50 too, you can say it was never delivered if it WAS delivered... (has to say front door or something) and theyll refund no questions asked, take advantage of their indian live chat support line to be CAGGY >_> show them what happens when you outsource lol

people are actually voting for Amazon? How? The only real gripe i have is how they package their stuff, especially CE's. Its friggin BS, but not nearly as bad as GS or TRU. They did start charging tax here in Cali though, so i dont buy from them much anymore.

In fact im not sure which to vote between those two. Gamestop is.. well, Gamestop. Theyre horrible and getting a used game from them is usually a crapshoot. But at least you can return the stuff to the brick store relatively easily. Toys R US is just a friggin mess. The whole store seems to be stuck in the 90's or something with how they do stuff. I dont think they understand how the internet works

damn tough one

For me either Zavvi or Namco Bandai for their Ni No Kuni f*ck up. Since Namco Bandai only had the 1 blemish, I'm going to have to nominate Zavvi.

The first game I ordered from them they shipped and it never made it out of the UK (lost in some postal office). Took me 2 weeks and a faxed, signed letter saying I didn't receive the item in order to get my money back.

The second item I ordered had my order canceled about a week after the order was placed.

The third item came through without issue pretty quickly.

The last item I ordered was a "limited edition" but instead I was shipped a standard edition and their listing was changed to the standard after I had placed the order (some people will remember this one).

Thus, I am done with Zavvi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back