Worst Online Game Retailer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='fortunado'] Namco Bandai for their Ni No Kuni f*ck up.[/B].[/QUOTE]

That happened in 2013, this vote is for 2012...

Anyway, I'm going with Play-Asia, I love their selection but the prices and shipping are almost always a deal breaker for me.

Easily ToysRus. for all the deals they claimed to have, they never seemed to know if they had any stock...ever.

DeepDiscount.com.

I preordered Yakuza Dead Souls for $39.99 and then waited over a month still no game. They didn't even ship it. I cancelled it and then a a few days later, two people I know that also preordered, it finally shipped. I emailed them afterwards saying since they've yet to refund my money(as they charged me already through Paypal) could they reinstate my purchase so I could get the game as they have copies in finally. Nope. For wasting over a month of my time I thought they'd atleast do this courtesy. It was a week later when my money was returned to Paypal.

I saved $20 since I got it for $20 in the future, but I will never purchase from DeepDiscount again.

Past experience never puts gamestop in a positive light for me. They earn this prize with hard work and dedication. You can't suck that hard without effort, ironically....heh....said (insert user name here)'s mother.

[quote name='Hestar']Gamestop sent me a used copy of prey with a ribbed condom in the case.I don't need to say anymore.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. Are you completely serious? That's the best laugh I've had in a while.

Even though I originally nominated Amazon, I may have to go ahead and vote for TRU, since their abysmal shipping fees have cockblocked pretty much every good deal they've ever had on their website short of the rare ultra-steep collector's edition price drop.

Gamestop deserves all the hate they get (especially if they're mailing out ribbed condoms in games) but their website has never screwed me over... until their recent $20 off God of War Saga coupon absolutely would not work for me online, forcing me to go to an actual store, where I was at least lucky enough to find a sealed copy.

Looking back, Amazon has always treated me well at least. And on the one occasion they did send me the wrong product - the CE for Arkham Asylum on PS3 when I requested 360 - they made the swap totally painless. I wouldn't call them the "worst" online retailer, but they are definitely the "biggest disappointment," which perhaps is worthy of its own category. Their once-hot deals on non-digital games have almost completely disappeared, though they've had some passable lightning deals lately.

I'm gonna say GS. Although i got two games for $30 each. One of them may be questionable. PS3 game may had been Shrink-wrapped by them and not by distributor.

[quote name='Drclaw411']No online store alienates gamers more than Toys R Us. They have THE WORST shipping charges on the web for games. Why is a game $9 for shipping?

The worst part is that games and game accessories are excluded from EVERY free shipping promo on their site. They usually have spend $xx.xx and shipping is free. Then in the fine print, it excludes video games. WHY? That's ALL it excludes! Really?! A swing set or turtle sandbox ships free but not a game? They don't even make their games shop runner eligible.

I can't count how many times I've been about to take part in one of their deals only to see shipping raise the price by $15.

No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Reposting for reminder.

How about Walmart.com? When you buy games online and they take 2-3 weeks to arrive even if you pick ship to store. Or the "your order has been placed, thank you" and then a day later you get the "you order has been cancelled, screw you!"

TRU because shipping is outrageous and many of the deals don't work or are very limited on it. Amazon is a close 2nd though only saved by the PC deals guy. Console game sales don't really exist on Amazon anymore.

No wal-mart?

Gamestop has been good for me the last time I used it for MGS Raising, last time before that was for like MGS4 lol. But they got the game to me the day after it released with the cheapest shipping. :applause:

Gamestop=Fail

I once received a case with no game ..I used to be a gamestop faithful buy they lost me with this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back