XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is eternal sonta worth the $15? and if so, should I got digital or try and get a physical copy? I played the demo and found it interesting.
I tried the demo a good while back and did not care for it.

But in a strange twist of fate, I somehow ended up with a copy for "another major system" and decided to just give it a go again.

AND I LOVE IT!

I highly recommend it! As for the physical / digital copy. I think that is purely a personal decision.

Oh also, I really recommend Tales of Vesperia as well.

Is eternal sonta worth the $15? and if so, should I got digital or try and get a physical copy? I played the demo and found it interesting.
I've been playing it off and on for a while now and am rather enjoying it. Granted I'm not a big help since I haven't played very many JRPGs, but just the art is reason enough for me to love it. The gameplay hasn't been extremely challenging for me, but that was actually a plus for me at least since I prefer accessibility over complexity (I know a lot of people are the exact opposite, so don't hate me for this). The music is also fantastic, and I'm actually learning some music history which I find very interesting.

I'd say go for it if you like JRPGs, the art style appeals to you, and/or are a fan of classical music. I don't have any real reason not to recommend it if you are at least halfway interested :)

The best d-pad on a 360 controller can be found in the Hori EX Pad 2:

41ndT5igfDL.jpg

Hori EX Pad 2 at Amazon

It also benefits from a 6-button layout (with proper bumpers and triggers too) and turbo for every button. The analog sticks aren't nearly as good as the standard 360 pad's, but it can't be beat for digital control.

The transforming d-pad controller certainly has a more precise d-pad than the standard one. BUT it has a huge design flaw in that the d-pad itself can break off! I've had it happen with two different controllers after about a year of use. For that reason, I would recommend avoiding the controller.
$35 at the microsoft online store, i'll take the chance. thanks, never seen it before anywhere

edit: Damn out of stock there. ugh i don't wanna buy it used and i wanna use paypal.

everyone buy motocross madness, it rules, can't rep it enough for $5

i was gonna buy nicktoons mlb but it has no good season mode and i remembered i have a ps3 so grabbing that or mlb although they seem cheap is probably a foolish decision when i can pick up a copy of the show on that system which i've heard is universally the best baseball game around (and if i wanted fantasy baseball the old slugfest games surely run circles around nicktoons)

Great prices on Hard Corps Uprising (Contra) and Castlevania Harmony of Despair.. I've been waiting for these to drop since release, finally picked them up

I would get a physical copy because they're about the same price I believe. Unless you got in on a bunch of those $5/1200 MSP codes and you have space on the drive I'd say get it digitally. Either way it is worth a play if you're into JRPGs.

I'm trying to decide if I should grab the Assassin's Creed III DLC now or wait for an eventual 50% off Season Pass sale. I'm pretty sure the Season Pass includes additional content, right?
I'm in the same boat as you...I'm leaning towards waiting. Once ACIV drops, I'm sure their will be a sale. Regardless, I'm still on Revelations, so it'll be a bit till I even get to ACIII, much less the DLC. I'd wait.

Anyone want to sell me on Monaco? Gameplay vids I've seen look a little chaotic. Can you ghost a level, or is confrontation expected? I don't have anyone on my friends list who'd be interested, so I'd probably be going solo. Thoughts?

Took the plunge and got Rocket Knight and Leviathan and no tax was charged. Of course I was also sent an email saying I have until 6/1/2015 to use my points before they expire so the rest of the ME DLC better go on sale before then.

Has anyone ever seen that 4th map pack for BLOPS1 on sale? It's the only one I need but I dont feel comfortable paying $15 lol
I got the 3rd one for half price on June, I'm pretty sure all the map packs were discounted, if you like zombies it's really worth 15$ since it's 5 zombie maps (4 from WaW and a new map, Moon), but I think you can pick up a cheaper price for a code since it was included in the Hardened Edition at release.

Too bad they didn't discount DLCs in this DotW... I need Pack 2 from WaW and Collection 3 from MW3.

Anyone want to sell me on Monaco? Gameplay vids I've seen look a little chaotic. Can you ghost a level, or is confrontation expected? I don't have anyone on my friends list who'd be interested, so I'd probably be going solo. Thoughts?
Ill give it a shot since I have been playing it quite a bit since getting it. Im not sure how many maps but Id say at least 20 of where you usually have to make it to a certain floor of a building and get something then escape. You have about 8 different classes that do different things such as break through walls or open doors or hack computers or ko guards(all players can use guns/special weapons to attack/distract guards). By itself its quite challenging but you can get through (likely) most every level without being detected. There is cool level design mechanics like a guard may recieve a phone call and leave his post opening up a path you need. Or if you run near a cat or flock of birds guards will notice and check out that area. In multiplayer it can get chaotic if someone messes up, but the benifit of haveing 4 different powered people on a level is very useful. Then the fun(chaos) begins as you have 4 non coordinated people running from guards, dogs, sentery turrets and so on. I love it, it has local and online coop and I wish I had real life friends that would give a game like this a chance.

I just bought my first thing since the conversion to currency and I'm getting taxed on converted currency like so many others.  It's weird though on a $14.99 purchase when I buy it with my converted currency I get charged $0.38 tax but right after I made another purchase using my CC for $14.99 and got charged $1.24 tax (the actual sales tax rate where I live).  So I'm getting double taxed but at a miniscule percentage.

I'm dumb.  The tax is from the $3 Bing rewards codes I've redeemed since the conversion.

What's the word on Quarrel? I tried the demo when it came out but passed, but I'm looking for more games that me and my gf could play together (over xbox live)

Any fun?

Quarrel is awesome.  Online play should be amazing, though I haven't personally tried it.  The single player campaign is fun, but gets tough quick.

I think I had this conversation with someone here last time it was on sale, Quarrel doesn't have local multiplayer.  Feels like a huge oversight to me.

I think I had this conversation with someone here last time it was on sale, Quarrel doesn't have local multiplayer. Feels like a huge oversight to me.
It's for the same reason all poker games don't have local MP. You can peek and see what word the other person is constructing. Fun game though.

Quarrel is awesome. Online play should be amazing, though I haven't personally tried it. The single player campaign is fun, but gets tough quick.

I think I had this conversation with someone here last time it was on sale, Quarrel doesn't have local multiplayer. Feels like a huge oversight to me.
Could have been me since I thought there was an option do play local multiplayer hum =P

Just quoting again so the work doesn't get lost or being done twice lol:

Just felt to make a list of the rest of the other (unnanounced) price drops, add it whenever you want tylerh =O:

XBLA - Worms Revolution - 800 MSP ($10.00) 33% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand [Kinect] - Body & Brain Connection - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand [Kinect] - Dance Central 3 - 2400 MSP ($30.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Enslaved - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Eternal Sonata - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Fable III - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Halo 3 - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Halo 4 - 2400 MSP ($30.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Kinect Disneyland Adventures - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Kinect Joy Ride - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - MUD - FIM Motocross World Championship - 2400 MSP ($30.00) 40% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Ridge Racer 6 - 800 MSP ($10.00) 50% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Ridge Racer Unbounded - 1600 MSP ($20.00) 50% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - SoulCalibur IV - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - SoulCalibur V - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Tales of Vesperia - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 50% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Tekken 6 - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

What's the word on Quarrel? I tried the demo when it came out but passed, but I'm looking for more games that me and my gf could play together (over xbox live)

Any fun?
Quarrel is great. Lots of bang for the price IMO. The AI is even quite challenging (maddening at times even), so it's good even for single player.

No local multiplay, but over XBL there is and there seems to be a decent enough online community of players still.

I wish it had local multiplay because my wife and I would play it together constantly. The database of words is extensive.

It's for the same reason all poker games don't have local MP. You can peek and see what word the other person is constructing. Fun game though.
Thing is that when 2 people submit the same word, the person who entered it in first wins the duel. So even if there was screen peeking it shouldn't be easy to take advantage of unless someone is ridiculously slow typing in words.

Could have been me since I thought there was an option do play local multiplayer hum =P

Just quoting again so the work doesn't get lost or being done twice lol:
Thanks. I'll probably just add them with the normal update tomorrow, since none of those drops are particularly spectacular, and all of them are very likely permenant.

Also, you guys may notice that xbldb picked up a lot of stuff over the weekend. I believe Spylon is working on removing the "MSP" portion of the site altogether (although it hasn't been done yet), but in doing that, everything in the system is taking a one cent price drop. Games were 800 MSP, or $10, and now they're $9.99. So xbldb is picking up every one cent drop haha.

Since the current sale ends tomorrow and I am still considering one game, I have to ask here: what are the opinions of Awesomenauts? I do realize that it's better to get it on the PC because of patches (actually I already have it on steam), but I don't see myself playing this type of game on the PC. So with all it's warts is it worth picking up on the 360? I've played the demo, but I can't get a good feel for the game. It kinda reminds me of Hell Yeah!, but a major part of the appeal of that game is the over the top craziness, which Awesomenauts sorta lacks. Also, is this mostly a multiplayer game? I don't recall seeing an option for any sort of campaign when I finished the tutorial.

Feedback is always appreciated.

Thing is that when 2 people submit the same word, the person who entered it in first wins the duel. So even if there was screen peeking it shouldn't be easy to take advantage of unless someone is ridiculously slow typing in words.
I do realize that, but if I see you typing a word in it's singular form and there is an "s" on the board that you neglected to use, guess who is going to win the match?

Quarrel is fun. Local MP would be problematic.

It sucks so bad that you can't use MS credit on the website. I hope they get this fixed soon and that it isn't just how it's going to be from now on.

I checked a few pages back, but I couldn't find any mention of it, so. If I purchase something from the website, will it automatically apply the credit I have on my account, or will it charge my credit card?

Since the current sale ends tomorrow and I am still considering one game, I have to ask here: what are the opinions of Awesomenauts? I do realize that it's better to get it on the PC because of patches (actually I already have it on steam), but I don't see myself playing this type of game on the PC. So with all it's warts is it worth picking up on the 360? I've played the demo, but I can't get a good feel for the game. It kinda reminds me of Hell Yeah!, but a major part of the appeal of that game is the over the top craziness, which Awesomenauts sorta lacks. Also, is this mostly a multiplayer game? I don't recall seeing an option for any sort of campaign when I finished the tutorial.

It's a sidescrolling MOBO, so definitely multiplayer focused (almost exclusively). You can play with bots, but it's rather dull and very repetitive, so I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have other people to play with (I don't know how the community is on consoles, but I expect it's dried up a bit). I'd give it a go on PC just to see if you think the full version will have any staying power. I didn't care much for it, but then again I'm not typically a fan of multiplayer, so YMMV.

It's a sidescrolling MOBO, so definitely multiplayer focused (almost exclusively). You can play with bots, but it's rather dull and very repetitive, so I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have other people to play with (I don't know how the community is on consoles, but I expect it's dried up a bit). I'd give it a go on PC just to see if you think the full version will have any staying power. I didn't care much for it, but then again I'm not typically a fan of multiplayer, so YMMV.
Thanks for the info. Not much into multiplayer games myself, plus I already have a game like that (Shoot many robots). I'll skip it and buy Blood Dragon instead. Thanks

A couple games I'm on the fence about after about 10 minutes:

Sacred Citadel - I do enjoy myself some beatups, but feels a bit slower. Wondering if this gets better as the game progresses. One video I saw looked as if it was pretty easy to cheese yourself through.

Monaco: Seems like a solid game, but with nobody to play with, I'm iffy on whether or not to pick it up.

I checked a few pages back, but I couldn't find any mention of it, so. If I purchase something from the website, will it automatically apply the credit I have on my account, or will it charge my credit card?
It'll charge your credit card. There isn't even any mention of the microsoft credit on the site. I'd do all my purchases from the console if available.

Grabbed nearly everything i wanted but still on the fence on Rayman 3. Any suggestions on it? Will it drop further in the near future it being a ubisoft game?

I see people use MOBO sometimes, what does the last O stand for? Because generally it's supposed to be MOBA or massive online battle arena

I bought Monaco but have never played it. If anyone wants to play online co-op, add me (illennium) and PM me here to set up a time. Just bear with me because even though I have been playing games for 25+ years, I'm a complete novice when it comes to multiplayer.

Awesomenauts is an awesome MOBA if it has a good community. I'd imagine the 360 community is the deadest of all (PSN community might be slightly more alive because it was free for PS+ a while back) and like Squirrel said, playing with bots is pretty boring and redundant. And there is no single player campaign at all. I'd approve your decision to skip it.

I do realize that, but if I see you typing a word in it's singular form and there is an "s" on the board that you neglected to use, guess who is going to win the match?
Yeah, but then that would be the first players fault for not making the better word by skipping out on the "s", and therefore they'd deserve to lose. Kind of like Scrabble when you leave a blank tile near a double or triple word score and someone else jumps on it with an "s", "ed", etc.

Dont hesitate to buy Quarrel at that price. The game is awesome, even when english is not my native language :rofl:  I suck big time when timer is on.

With WB Sale I'm crossing my fingers for Midway Arcade Origins for half off. That would be a damn good deal.
Yea it would. Probably too good but we can hope. Not up for Battleblock at any price but curious if anything at an unexpected low price pops up in the WB sale

I thought Midway Arcade Origins was pretty crummy.  I didn't have any nostalgia going in, but a lot of the games control very poorly.  I bought it from Walmart for like $12 on PS3 and sold it within a week.  Very glad I didn't get a digital version of that.

okay, sorry for the last minute post on this, about to buy Puzzle Quest.  Whats the difference between the regular edition and the "Challenge" one thats listed on sale?

I thought Midway Arcade Origins was pretty crummy. I didn't have any nostalgia going in, but a lot of the games control very poorly. I bought it from Walmart for like $12 on PS3 and sold it within a week. Very glad I didn't get a digital version of that.
Curious why you'd even buy it if you didn't remember the games. I mean, nothing is updated in those collections. You pretty much have to rely on fond memories for any classic collection that isn't remastered

Curious why you'd even buy it if you didn't remember the games. I mean, nothing is updated in those collections. You pretty much have to rely on fond memories for any classic collection that isn't remastered
Just to check out and see if I liked them or not. Games like Root Beer Tapper, Smash TV, and Robotron piqued my interest just from hearing about them and I had never played them. Checked them out but they weren't my style. And you're right, I definitely only recommend it to people who have a fond memory of the games. But it ended up being about a $2 rental for me and I got some trophies, so no regrets.

As for this weeks deals, I'm playing the 3 "maybe" demos on my hard drive.  Just got finished with Monaco, and I have to say it has one of the worst art styles I've ever seen.  My character looks like a weird square blob and I can't really even tell what are doors, walls, etc.  I understand that's kind of what the developer was going for, with the light and dark stuff that inhibits your vision.  But I really don't like it.  It's also best enjoyed in multiplayer which I rarely play, so it's an easy pass for me.

Sacred Citadel and Motocross Madness are up next.

I thought Midway Arcade Origins was pretty crummy. I didn't have any nostalgia going in, but a lot of the games control very poorly. I bought it from Walmart for like $12 on PS3 and sold it within a week. Very glad I didn't get a digital version of that.
That sounds disappointing, but I still don't think it can be that bad merely because it's hard to fuck up ports of some old ass games.

And was going to get Doodle Jump, but eesh those reviews...

That sounds disappointing, but I still don't think it can be that bad merely because it's hard to fuck up ports of some old ass games.

And was going to get Doodle Jump, but eesh those reviews...
Yeah the ports are fine. See the convo between me and biledriver and you'll be able to decide if the game is for you.

I guess some of the games used some type of trackball in the arcades and think that screwed with some of the controls on some games. I felt like 720 controlled very poorly as did the marble game.

I haven't looked at the Doodle Jump reviews. How could they have possibly screwed that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back