XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't looked at the Doodle Jump reviews. How could they have possibly screwed that up?
How do you not fuck up a Kinect game you mean? Because as much as I enjoy my Kinect, it's so much easier to tack shit on and say good enough as opposed to make a good game that utilizes it well.

But when skimming through metacritic it does seem to have problems that plague majority of bad Kinect games with it being overly repetitious or just not working as intended. Also I like how I'm avoid this $2.49 game, but am totally down to put down virtual space dollars on MLB Nicktoons. A game I dare say NO CAG'ers here had any intention of buying, but since it's cheap it's become a hell yeah.

How do you not fuck up a Kinect game you mean? Because as much as I enjoy my Kinect, it's so much easier to tack shit on and say good enough as opposed to make a good game that utilizes it well.
That's true, but Doodle Jump can't involve more then stepping left and right, and maybe some leaning. That can't be all that hard to implement well on Kinect.

So...I guess Microsoft felt $0.20 was too much for a birthday present :oldman:

Happy Birthday, MrNinjaSquirrel,

Over the past year, you may have excavated endless tunnels, caught the latest flicks, discovered brand new apps, and explored ancient worlds – all on Xbox Live! No matter how you've chosen to spend these last 12 months, we'd just like to say:

We hope you had a great year.

Here's a little something to brighten your day – an Xbox Live Rewards birthday cake! Just print it out, follow the instructions, and snap a picture with the completed cake. Then, tweet the picture to us at @XboxLiveRewards along with the hashtag #XboxLiveRewardsBirthday so we can personally wish you a happy birthday!
So I guess it's just Bday wishes from now on, wow that's underwhelming...

So now that they charge tax and little amounts actually come in handy, they stop it? Between that and the lack of a small $1 or $1.50 bing reward level they just flip us off

Thanks for the info. Not much into multiplayer games myself, plus I already have a game like that (Shoot many robots). I'll skip it and buy Blood Dragon instead. Thanks
I think that's the smart choice. My kids have put countless hours into playing matches against bots and leveling up the half dozen characters, but they 4 and 6. ;)

But when skimming through metacritic it does seem to have problems that plague majority of bad Kinect games with it being overly repetitious or just not working as intended. Also I like how I'm avoid this $2.49 game, but am totally down to put down virtual space dollars on MLB Nicktoons. A game I dare say NO CAG'ers here had any intention of buying, but since it's cheap it's become a hell yeah.
I wasn't actually considering Nicktoons MLB at all until today when I read that you can play with a controller. I figure my kids may get a kick out of it if nothing else. Wish there was a demo though. Would the Bigs 2 demo be a decent approximation?

Maybe they're just making you earn that 25 cents with some Twitter legwork?

I still don't get charged tax, if I keep on replenishing my account with Microsoft points. US account region switched to Canada, so 400 Microsoft points is $5.80 Canadian, and then when a game costs $2.99, it only takes out $2.99, as per the email. I'm sticking with this method for tax-free purchases until I can no longer buy points online.

Kinda off-topic but I don't know where else to ask, I think they deleted the Bing thread.

But anyway, is Bing being incredibly slow for anyone else? It's almost been unusable for the past week for me, and it's only bing.

Takes forever for pages to load, sometimes they even timeout

Idk

Kinda off-topic but I don't know where else to ask, I think they deleted the Bing thread.

But anyway, is Bing being incredibly slow for anyone else? It's almost been unusable for the past week for me, and it's only bing.

Takes forever for pages to load, sometimes they even timeout

Idk

No problem in Northeast US here. That's strange if it's just Bing.

I sent you a $10 bday gift! Is that better? ;)

So I played the Call of Juarez Gunslinger trial and it was surprisingly very fun. Looks like it will be a buy now along with FC3 BD this week. All my points will be gone.

Deals are starting to go live, MLB Nicktoons is up and Far Cry: BD shows up $7.49, but order confirmation comes up as $14.99.

And Arkham City is coming up $9.99

Battleblock $10.04.  Damn it!  I fuck in' knew they were gonna wimp out with just a 33% discount.

I think I'll grab Sacred Citadel instead.

Robin Bundle Pack - 280 MSP ($3.50) - 50% off - xbldb
Arkham City Skins Pack - 200 MSP ($2.50) - 50% off - xbldb
Nightwing Bundle Pack - 280 MSP ($3.50) - 50% off - xbldb
Harley Quinn's Revenge - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Batman: Arkham City - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Catwoman Bundle Pack - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 50% off - xbldb
The Arkham Bundle - 600 MSP ($7.50) - 50% off - xbldb
Nicktoons MLB - Gold Price: 240 MSP ($3.00) - 90% off - xbldb
LEGO® Batman™ 2:  DC Super Heroes - 5 Villains Pack - 80 MSP ($1.00) - 50% off - xbldb
LEGO® Batman™ 2:  DC Super Heroes - 5 Heroes Pack - 80 MSP ($1.00) - 50% off - xbldb
LEGO® Batman™ 2:  DC Super Heroes - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Red Son Pack 2 - 167 MSP ($2.09) - 30% off - xbldb
Scorpion - 280 MSP ($3.50) - 30% off - xbldb
Red Son Pack - 167 MSP ($2.09) - 30% off - xbldb
Lobo - 280 MSP ($3.50) - 30% off - xbldb
Martian Manhunter - 280 MSP ($3.50) - 30% off - xbldb
Injustice: Gods Among Us - 3360 MSP ($42.00) - 30% off - xbldb
General Zod Character Add-On - 280 MSP ($3.50) - 30% off - xbldb
Blackest Night Pack 2 - 167 MSP ($2.09) - 30% off - xbldb
Batgirl - 280 MSP ($3.50) - 30% off - xbldb
Mississippi Queen by Mountain - 160 MSP ($2.00) - 33% off - xbldb
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly - 160 MSP ($2.00) - 33% off - xbldb
MLB 2K13 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 75% off - xbldb
Drift Away by Dobie Gray - 160 MSP ($2.00) - 33% off - xbldb
Blackest Night Pack 1 - 167 MSP ($2.09) - 30% off - xbldb

Man wtf I can't even use my converted currency to get FC:BD. I did use Xbox.com though. I will try the console and maybe even wait it out, but that's bullcrap if we can't even use our converted points.

Man wtf I can't even use my converted currency to get FC:BD. I did use Xbox.com though. I will try the console and maybe even wait it out, but that's bullcrap if we can't even use our converted points.
You can. If you don't have enough to pay the full balance select a CC to pay with and it will ask you if you want to use your credit to pay part of it

Couple of things:

1) 30% off on Injustice stuff? 30%??? Couldn't make it 50% or even 33%? Or include ALL of the millions of DLC? I mean I know we've all been waiting for that stuff to go on sale, but for all the wait, they could have offered more. And the Season Pass isn't on sale afaik, which also sucks. Guess they're trying not to repeat the mistake of MK 9 DLC. Worst part is we don't see WB sales almost ever and I'm not sure this stuff would be included in a MK sale. :( The disc price hasn't dropped yet much either (unlike MK9), should we expect a GotY edition around the corner?

2) XBLDB IS working, and as of this post, I think everything is picked up.

3) I'm happy that the Lego Batman 2 DLC is on sale, but sad that the Alien Hominid & Castle Crashers DLC is not. At least Alien Hominid finally got on sale again! (Same with Battleblock, I don't think $2.50 is worth the wait with these guys, I'll be honest).

4) Literally all the Arkham series DLC is on sale (can finally pick up those Skins and the Arkham Asylum maps) except for the Challenge Pack for Arkham City. Why?

Edit: I think everything that's supposed to be dropped, dropped. No Bastion sale, for those of you who were hoping. Still a pretty good week, aside from prices on Injustice DLC, Battleblock & Gotham City Impostors.

Just bought FC3: Blood Dragon and CoJ: Gunslinger from the console for $7.49 each. Blood Dragon still showed $14.99 on the game tile, but the confirmation screen displayed the sale price.

I still don't get charged tax, if I keep on replenishing my account with Microsoft points. US account region switched to Canada, so 400 Microsoft points is $5.80 Canadian, and then when a game costs $2.99, it only takes out $2.99, as per the email. I'm sticking with this method for tax-free purchases until I can no longer buy points online.
Is this actually a thing?

With that math, for every $100 of points redeemed, you'd get $16 extra. That's a 16% bump, even more so if you're buying from a wholesale points seller.

Are there downsides aside from the obvious ethical ones? (Pretty much the only thing keeping me from doing this.)

I'd say the only downside is I get hit by stuff that is VPN-locked. Until I move my account back to the US region (you can region change every 3 months, I plan a worldwide tour of Japan and the UK to grab region exclusive DLC and such that I need for my primary account rather than buying it on another gamertag), I can not download things like GTA4, and Wolfenstein 3D. A lot of the free Games with Gold are VPN-locked too, but I just made a secondary gamertag to grab them for free, and then trigger the purchase with a proxy on my primary account until then.

last minute buy of Puzzle Quest complete!  Thinking about Quarrel as well.

Might snag 2K13, $10 is a pretty solid price.  Nicktoons and Gunslinger are also really tempting.  I'd get Blood Dragon but I'm hoping to be done with Far Cry 3 this week and wanna trade it in, so picking up DLC for it doesnt make sense.

last minute buy of Puzzle Quest complete! Thinking about Quarrel as well.

Might snag 2K13, $10 is a pretty solid price. Nicktoons and Gunslinger are also really tempting. I'd get Blood Dragon but I'm hoping to be done with Far Cry 3 this week and wanna trade it in, so picking up DLC for it doesnt make sense.
Blood Dragon is a separate arcade game, not DLC for Far Cry 3. You don't need the FC3 disc to play Blood Dragon.

last minute buy of Puzzle Quest complete! Thinking about Quarrel as well.

Might snag 2K13, $10 is a pretty solid price. Nicktoons and Gunslinger are also really tempting. I'd get Blood Dragon but I'm hoping to be done with Far Cry 3 this week and wanna trade it in, so picking up DLC for it doesnt make sense.
No worries, Blood Dragon is a STANDALONE game. You don't need FC3 to play it. That's part of why it's so awesome. Trade in FC3, get money for Blood Dragon. Simple. It's like FC3 Lite, but injected to the brim with 80s-ness.

I'd think about MLB '13, but I haven't really played any real baseball games since the PS2 days. Is it really THAT good? Getting Nicktoons though to finally scratch that itch, would grab MLB '13 for $5 in a heartbeat.

Also, that VPN stuff sounds risky, though I'm sure there's a list of what wouldn't be available, somewhere. But I did know it was locked to every 3 months, but figured it didn't matter if I was going to keep this semi-permanent.

Edit: VaultBoy ninja'd me, damn.

Edit 2: Still bummed about the publisher sales not utilizing their full catalogue. Anyone else surprised none of the Lego: Harry Potter games saw any hint of a sale? (WB has the license). And there was no sign of Watchmen, or F.E.A.R. or Lord of the Rings anything. Just wasted potential, you'd be surprised how much WB has published, actually -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warner_Bros._Interactive_Entertainment_video_games

It's killing me to wait until tomorrow to see the final verdict on the WB sale but it looks like some of the DLC for Injustice is on sale. $3.49 per character is a decent discount to buy them a la carte, but unfortunately it's still cheaper right now to buy the Season Pass. 

Martian Manhunter for $3.49 might be a get though since there hasn't been indication of a second season pass yet.

It's killing me to wait until tomorrow to see the final verdict on the WB sale but it looks like some of the DLC for Injustice is on sale. $3.49 per character is a decent discount to buy them a la carte, but unfortunately it's still cheaper right now to buy the Season Pass.

Martian Manhunter for $3.49 might be a get though since there hasn't been indication of a second season pass yet.
I think someone somewhere said they wouldn't do that. Probably because of the many complaints over the first Season Pass, which to be fair had meh characters aside from Lobo and maybe Zod. I think MK9's Season Pass was much more on the mark, despite DC Comics having a MUCH bigger cast to choose from.

Is there any hint they're making more characters past Zatanna? I know she was pretty high in-demand (rightfully so), only somewhat less so than Martian Manhunter. I think the other big ones were Power Girl and Booster Gold (the latter for laughs, I'm guessing).

Also, I think buying all the characters in the season pass would cost $14 instead of the $15 for the Season Pass, but the Season Pass includes the Flashpoint skins, so.. your preference really. Though I'm sure most people don't care much to get Scorpion anyways.

Anyone recommend MLB 2k13? Haven't played any baseball games this generation since the show on ps3 is supposed to be so much better.
Terrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible. A lazy hackjob put together at the last minute just because if they didn't there would be no baseball games on the 360 for 2013.

Terrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible. A lazy hackjob put together at the last minute just because if they didn't there would be no baseball games on the 360 for 2013.

Holy shit! You were NOT kidding. Read this copypasta from Wikipedia about it:

"There has been no gameplay or game mode additions compared to MLB 2K12 but this years edition is missing online leagues. [4]This is most likely because 2K only had FOUR MONTHS to make the game due to the contract expiration.
Reception[edit source | editbeta]
MLB 2K13 has received mixed neutral feedback, with most reviewers claiming the addition of no new modes or gameplay enhancements makes the game a copy and paste of MLB 2K12."
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

On the bright side, at least you know their contract is up, so no more games in the series for them to do this shit with.

Looks like I'm in for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and possibly CoJ: Gunslinger. Might just buy 1 though as my backlog is bad enough.

Holy shit! You were NOT kidding. Read this copypasta from Wikipedia about it:

"There has been no gameplay or game mode additions compared to MLB 2K12 but this years edition is missing online leagues. [4]This is most likely because 2K only had FOUR MONTHS to make the game due to the contract expiration.
Reception[edit source | editbeta]
MLB 2K13 has received mixed neutral feedback, with most reviewers claiming the addition of no new modes or gameplay enhancements makes the game a copy and paste of MLB 2K12."
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!
Even the achievements were identical from 2K12. It's not like 2K12 was a great game to begin with, either.

Buy it only if you only own an Xbox and absolutely must play a baseball game from this season. Even then, God help you.

I think someone somewhere said they wouldn't do that. Probably because of the many complaints over the first Season Pass, which to be fair had meh characters aside from Lobo and maybe Zod. I think MK9's Season Pass was much more on the mark, despite DC Comics having a MUCH bigger cast to choose from.

Is there any hint they're making more characters past Zatanna? I know she was pretty high in-demand (rightfully so), only somewhat less so than Martian Manhunter. I think the other big ones were Power Girl and Booster Gold (the latter for laughs, I'm guessing).

Also, I think buying all the characters in the season pass would cost $14 instead of the $15 for the Season Pass, but the Season Pass includes the Flashpoint skins, so.. your preference really. Though I'm sure most people don't care much to get Scorpion anyways.
Batgirl was the fan favorite from the season pass. Lobo was the worst and is hardly played online. Scorpion was nerfed by a pickup truck. The dislike for Zod simmered down after release and people do play him.

BobbyTastic: I follow this thread here, www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=380772
Cool, a fellow X360A person. Good link, I probably won't go for it though, too much possible shit in the way. But I'll just go around saying I'm not doing it for "ethical reasons", haha.

Looks like I'm in for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and possibly CoJ: Gunslinger. Might just buy 1 though as my backlog is bad enough.
Of those two, I'd recommend Blood Dragon more, but try out both if you have the time. BD is definitely worth the price of admission.

Even the achievements were identical from 2K12. It's not like 2K12 was a great game to begin with, either.

Buy it only if you only own an Xbox and absolutely must play a baseball game from this season. Even then, God help you.
Really? In that case the least they could do is unlock on both games simultaneously, haha. But yeah, nobody buy this game, please. Even as part of the bundle with NBA 2k13. This can't be supported. Buy Nicktoons.

Yeah if you guys need a baseball game, go with nicktoons. Hell buying that even without owning a Kinect, is a better investment than flat out buying any 2k baseball game.

Batgirl was the fan favorite from the season pass. Lobo was the worst and is hardly played online. Scorpion was nerfed by a pickup truck. The dislike for Zod simmered down after release and people do play him.
To play as on a more serious level, I could understand her being the majority's fan-favourite, fine. But the game was already oversaturated with Batman characters, it was just unnecessary. I felt like Lobo (as limited as he is), was a step in the right direction regarding uniqueness, but on a competitive level, you're right. I've really only played with friends at a gaming club, but what I wrote was our general consensus, and some of us do play competitively. I was iffy on Zod, but a good amount of that had to do with his look, I'll admit. But at least we both agree on Scorpion. Waste of a guest slot entirely.

Are you kidding me? It's only a $1 each but I would have thought that the Lego games would have had all the characters included. Of course I'm going off of how Star Wars and Indiana Jones had so many characters in them.

Yeah, and they both had 2 games each. I understand the sentiment, but $4 (or $2 this week), isn't the worst pricing for all of a game's DLC, but it bothers me that it's probably disc-locked and that it's the start of a slippery slope for the formerly nickel-and-diming-free developer Traveler's Tales (known for putting a LOT of content and love into their games). Guess they needed retailer pre-order bonuses.

If THAT bothers you though, you should see the Lego Lord of the Rings DLC.. awful. I hope they don't pull the same crap with Lego Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back