XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know about gamecube version but the 360 has a gamemode similar to n+ or super meat boy retro levels. I cant be more specific, i havent played it for long years.

Its been mentioned before but... I guess you all know Angry Birds Trilogy is free on russian marketplace, right?
That was in the gamecube version as well, but glad to hear it's also in the 360 version. I had a ton of fun playing multiplayer with it, despite it also being cause for extreme raging at the difficulty :bomb:

I dont know about gamecube version but the 360 has a gamemode similar to n+ or super meat boy retro levels. I cant be more specific, i havent played it for long years.

Its been mentioned before but... I guess you all know Angry Birds Trilogy is free on russian marketplace, right?
Anyone have a link to explain how the extra account thing works? Can I make the account, download Angry Birds, and delete (and have the game on my regular account)? I have zero experience with this.

Is 2k13 the current season? I have not bought a baseball game for awhile would like to get one if they are current season for $10.
Technically yes, it's the current season. It's also very, very bad (the player ratings/achievements/menus and several other things were just copied over from 2K12). You're honestly and seriously better off getting MLB Nicktoons.

Hey since the conversion of ms points how do I go about using that currency now on the site? When I try to buy something only my credit card shows up.

Ok, so CoJ Gunslinger for me this week :D WB's sale has been weak, I expected something better, but well, that's for the best, looking at my big and growing backlog.

Anyone else who was in the beta get an email from MS saying they will refund the points/money that "expired" during the beta by the end of the month? I'm happy Microsoft acknowledged the problem and are refunding my money :)

Anyone else who was in the beta get an email from MS saying they will refund the points/money that "expired" during the beta by the end of the month? I'm happy Microsoft acknowledged the problem and are refunding my money :)
I haven't, but I had like 50 cents in there, so maybe they'll send me 1.00 worth.

WTF?!? I redeemed a 2 day gold pass and I couldn't get the gold price for Call of Duty Classic. I know the 48 hour trial codes don't work, bu the 2 day gold pass always has in the past. When did this start. This sucks.
2 days is 48 hours. If it worked before it must have been a loophole MS patched up.

Is there anywhere to click on the console to get to this week's sales that aren't WB related or do I have to manually find them? Nowhere to be found on the dash (exception being a WB ad just showed up on the main screen.)

Edit: Never mind the people in Redmond finally put a link on the dashboard at 3 pm central time.

Not that I can complain considering the game came free, but sucks to see how much content is outside the realm of the season pass. Even worse that the season pass doesn't bother to tell you what characters are included (I'm assuming the ones on sale). Probably best to wait for an Ultimate edition of this. WB gets the moneys, I get all the characters.

But if Zatanna had been on sale this week I would have impulse bought in a second.

Also sucks to see Battleblock Theater go on sale for $10.....04. Microsoft is gonna make it rain with all these pennies they get from the millions of gamers. But it's still on my list of things to buy with the $20 I have sitting in my account.

I hate to admit that I'm the exact same way. For some reason 400 MSP just sounds like less than $5. MS was really onto something with the points currency, except that most people hated it.
Call me crazy, but I liked the point currency. Or I guess, I grew to like it. In the beginning I couldn't stand it, I think because it was a weird disconnect, having the keep in mind that 80 MSP = 1 dollar. But now that it's gone, I miss it. Probably for the same reason I didn't like it at first, just not used to paying with actual money after years of paying w/MSP.

I Already own Injustice and downloading it anyways. I Look forward to tomorrow morning with people saying "FUUUUUUU I MISSED FREE INJUSTICE?!?! FHEWIOFHEIOFVJQEWIJEQWAV JSK"
would you say that these people were done

an injustice

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. whatever i got AC3 free and i've never really played that either. although i'd much rather have an account with IJ on it than my ac3 account.

ready for dat GTA IV sale next week guys? all i needed this week was blood dragon but after playing a little bit of it..it's going in the backlog...have to beat gunslinger first, it feels like a better game (although BD kills it in aesthetics); i feel like the gun and character doing shit obstructs the camera way too much in BD, it's kind of annoying, but maybe that's just me being jaded on FPSs in general by now

Last night some people warned against buying MLB 2K13, apparently it's pretty bad or something.

I think they said it was only in development for 4 months
The thing is, all complaints on it are only valid if you have a PS3 (The Show is the better game every year) or if you played 2k12. If you just want a baseball game it is not broken or anything. It was just a retread that made people angry so they rally against it. But it's not like it's a terrible game on it's own. Just the same game as 2k12. That said 2k12 is probably really cheap used.

Should I buy Blood Dragon for $7.49? Did you CAGs bite?
I would say absolutely. I bought it last night and it's a blast. Also can't remember the last time I laughed so much playing a video game. Especially if you grew up in the '80s, it's a must have. But so far I'd recommend it even over the main Far Cry games.

I would say absolutely. I bought it last night and it's a blast. Also can't remember the last time I laughed so much playing a video game. Especially if you grew up in the '80s, it's a must have. But so far I'd recommend it even over the main Far Cry games.
Okay, going to buy it tonight, thanks. I am weak to other CAG's "buy it" persuasion :lol:

The thing is, all complaints on it are only valid if you have a PS3 (The Show is the better game every year) or if you played 2k12. If you just want a baseball game it is not broken or anything. It was just a retread that made people angry so they rally against it. But it's not like it's a terrible game on it's own. Just the same game as 2k12. That said 2k12 is probably really cheap used.
As long as you don't buy it from GS, where it's $25 used. Amazon has copies for $15 plus shipping complete, $6-$10 plus shipping for disk only.

Actually the download may be the way to go if you're in the market for it.

I just bought Blood Dragon, and I remembered I want to try to spend just over $10 increments each month to get the most out of MyAchievements. Before I made sure to spend just over 500 MSP increments. It's not hard to do since I can just buy a few extra Rock Band tracks.

Does anyone know the tech terms or wording I have to use to explain to a Xbox Live phone rep about "unlocking" or whatever my account so I can purchase online again?

I seem to recall a few people discussing this just after the points were converted.  Basically, I can buy through my xbox using my converted points, but I can't via the website.

I'm on the phone right now and trying to get it sorted out.

If you live in morocco there are 9 free arcade games right now. Check the "Xbox marketplace free content" thread for more info...
Thanks, was able to grab 4 games on that list that I didn't have. Flashback and Mars War Logs being the "highlights" (woof). Still, People should definitely check out Capsized. I enjoyed my time with it. Though I did have to switch the difficulty to easy because I was really getting frustrated with it by the 5th or 6th level.

I just bought Blood Dragon, and I remembered I want to try to spend just over $10 increments each month to get the most out of MyAchievements. Before I made sure to spend just over 500 MSP increments. It's not hard to do since I can just buy a few extra Rock Band tracks.
Why do you need to spend in over $10 increments?

Why do you need to spend in over $10 increments?
For every $10 you spend you get 200 Reward Credits at Xbox Live Rewards (Legend rank rate). Right now I've spent $7.50 this month. If I don't buy anything else I might as well spend $3.00 on Rock Band dlc to get those Reward Credits.

Does anyone know the tech terms or wording I have to use to explain to a Xbox Live phone rep about "unlocking" or whatever my account so I can purchase online again?

I seem to recall a few people discussing this just after the points were converted. Basically, I can buy through my xbox using my converted points, but I can't via the website.

I'm on the phone right now and trying to get it sorted out.
From what I was just told... "no one can currently make online purchases via the website with the Microsoft Account balance"... it seems that I can only purchase via my xbox?

Is this correct or just a lazy way of getting me off the phone with him, lol?

Thanks for any info.

What a weird weak. I was initially annoyed by the poor quality of the WB and Behemoth sales. Gotham City Imposters should be down to $2.50 like Blacklight Tango Down was last week to inject some life into an old online only multiplayer shooter. I would have snagged it then but who is seriously going to part with $7.50 for that instead of FC3:BD or CoJ:Gunslinger? Arkham City at $10 is maybe the highlight but as someone said you can probably get the GOTY for $15 at retail.

In terms of Behemoth, I've been waiting for Alien Hominid to fall below $5 and it still hasn't. But then the whole Injustice and Morocco bugs happened, which I managed to snag before they were fixed, and I ended up picking up 5 games I've really wanted (Flashback, Bloodforge, Mars War Logs, Capsized, Diablolical Pitch) along with Dragon's Lair (nostalgia) and Dungeon Fighters (meh game but I'll give it a try). Was nice to see that I didn't own 7 of those games. And wow Injustice, what a steal for free. Shame it wasn't a Games for Gold promo so everyone could have jumped on it.

I ended up buying the Mass Effect 3 DLC last week (talk of how it never goes on sale made me bite) and scored The Nicktoons MLB game as well from this week's sale.

Now with having gotten a lot of free stuff from MS I might buy something from this sale. Thinking of just grabbing Alien Hominid despite my price point. Might also grab some of the Arkham City DLC. Can anyone recommend if the Robin/Nightwing bundle is worth it or should I just grab the Harley Quinn content? And yes big shame about Battleblock. Part of me was hoping to possibly grab it for $7.50 but $10 is too high for this cheapassgamer. Hope they relist it even at the $10 price point as I'm sure it's worth it for someone.

Anyways my backlog just grew like weeds this week. I don't think I'll be next gen gaming til the Xbox Two at this point - and why do I get the feeling that I'll be calling that one the Xtwat when/if it ever does come out?

For every $10 you spend you get 200 Reward Credits at Xbox Live Rewards (Legend rank rate). Right now I've spent $7.50 this month. If I don't buy anything else I might as well spend $3.00 on Rock Band dlc to get those Reward Credits.
I was under the assumption you get 1%/2%/3% back regardless of what you spend.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found this on the rewards site:

"The higher the tier, the greater the rebate you'll receive on purchases in the Xbox Stores when you spend at least $10." So you think it's $10/month, and not $10/transaction?

From what I was just told... "no one can currently make online purchases via the website with the Microsoft Account balance"... it seems that I can only purchase via my xbox?

Is this correct or just a lazy way of getting me off the phone with him, lol?

Thanks for any info.
That's correct. The website is fuck ing garbage at the moment.

I was under the assumption you get 1%/2%/3% back regardless of what you spend.
Thats how I always understood it. Im pretty sure on months that I only spend like 240 I still get a tiny bit of MSP.

So excited to hop on Blood Dragon and Gunslinger hopefully tomorrow. Trying to 1K a gamefly game real quick before I start them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back