XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I wanted Borderlands 2 DLC, but I think I'm gonna hold off until the next time it rolls around - and knowing how often BL1 DLC dropped, that opportunity will be coming. I'd like to nab a nice season pass discount and all the extras in one swoop.

MGR and Dishonored DLC? Maybe! Despite the fact I own neither... heh

I just noticed that the week(end)-long GonD discounts were still active and made two impulse purchases. Ugh, I have no self-control. Thankfully the Forza and LEGO deals are dead so that they can no longer tempt me.  I ended up getting...

Bulletstorm
C&C Red Alert 3
Crysis
Borderlands 2
Far Cry 3
Max Payne 3
Monopoly Streets
The Orange Box
Tomb Raider
X-COM: EU

That's not bad for 4880 MSP ($61.50)

Anyone have 32 GB USB drive recommendations for offloading games? I have a Sandisk Cruzer 32 GB that I've filled up with older XBLA games, but I got a notification message that while the drive will work, it's not optimal and performance may be affected.

My 2 cents about the people complaining about others being off topic.  Long time posters and lurkers should know this comes up every couple of months it seems like clockwork.  Without the off topic posting this thread would be boring and dead.  With the off topic posting this thread was for years the only reason I even visited CAG.  If you don't want anything off topic just read the OP and move on.  This has been brought up so many times before and nothing changed before, nothing should change now.

Anyone have 32 GB USB drive recommendations for offloading games? I have a Sandisk Cruzer 32 GB that I've filled up with older XBLA games, but I got a notification message that while the drive will work, it's not optimal and performance may be affected.
I just bought a SanDisk Cruzer Fit 32GB from Amazon. Formated on the Xbox and it states and the Xbox reports it meets it's performance guidelines. A little slow to write but reading is fast. The selling feature for me was it's size. It fit's behind my original Xbox 360's USB door so no USB stick out the front. Going to get a second one when my hard drive inevitably fills up again.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00812F7O8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=chuyod-20&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00812F7O8

This is the Kingston drive I bought about a month ago. It does not give you any compatibility warnings or anything like that and seems like a decent drive. I haven't used it much to be able to give you a full review though. I'm planning on picking up a second one when I need to order something else from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TS1J1S/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Alright, bought The Knife of Dunwall. Now I'm ready for Dishonored.

Wondering if the Void Walker Arsenal DLC is worth it, any opinions?
I did a couple of playthroughs recently and the items helped, especially in the early parts of the game when you're underpowered. I wish I had gotten it on sale though.

Anyone have an opinion on the Dunwall City Trials DLC? I've heard they're quite difficult.

I just bought a SanDisk Cruzer Fit 32GB from Amazon. Formated on the Xbox and it states and the Xbox reports it meets it's performance guidelines. A little slow to write but reading is fast. The selling feature for me was it's size. It fit's behind my original Xbox 360's USB door so no USB stick out the front. Going to get a second one when my hard drive inevitably fills up again.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00812F7O8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=chuyod-20&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00812F7O8
Thanks, I think my next drive will be a Fit.

Can you download and play games directly to and from the USB?

I'm still not seeing the beta sign up tile. I want to get in before it's too late, so could someone point me in the right direction?
Sorry, it's too late.

I downloaded the app, but didn't start it until after they closed registration. Wasn't sure if I got in. However, I did get an update today.

I'm still not seeing the beta sign up tile. I want to get in before it's too late, so could someone point me in the right direction?
The sign up is already closed. Sadly I was away at my family for the 4th and couldn't get in on it.

Major Nelson did say the interest was high and they might reopen the entry for it and he would let people know if/when

Sorry, it's too late.

I downloaded the app, but didn't start it until after they closed registration. Wasn't sure if I got in. However, I did get an update today.
The sign up is already closed. Sadly I was away at my family for the 4th and couldn't get in on it.

Major Nelson did say the interest was high and they might reopen the entry for it and he would let people know if/when
Darn, you snooze you loose I guess. I'll have to be more diligent next time (if there is one) :cry:

Yeah I got the beta update today. I had 70MSP left, and they upped it to $1.00. Just FYI to anyone that had an odd number of points.

The beta update looks like just rounds to the nearest dollar in transitioning your points to dollars, but now can also buy DLC and XBLA games and what not via credit card and such as well.

I think I might pick up Metal Gear Rising today. Got a b2g1 free coupon for gamestop and I need Deadpool and the last of us. So that being said, are the dlcs for Revengeance worth it?

Any news on how the conversion works? My 150MSP became 1,92€... 80MSP should be 1€, I don't know if you get a better conversion using $/€/£ though..

Yeah I got the beta update today. I had 70MSP left, and they upped it to $1.00. Just FYI to anyone that had an odd number of points.
Now I have to make sure that I have (xMSP mod 80) > 1 before I get home and do the update... (I just checked, I have 50 MSP remainder after dividing down by 80... so, I need to buy something that costs 40 msp to get the best bang for the buck :) ).

Beta kicked me off LIVE mid-match and demanded I update. Better than the previous one which caught me in the middle of my Bladder of Steel attempt. Gave me $2 US in exchange for my 150 spacebucks.

So what happens if you try to redeem an MSP code now? It just converts it to the equivalent dollar amount?
That's my understanding. What I'm unclear about is the expiration policy.

Can you download and play games directly to and from the USB?
You can play games directly from the USB drive as if it was on the hard drive. Downloading directly? Haven't tried that yet.
Yes, you can download any purchases directly to your USB drive.

Just wondering what others are doing with their bing points since soon the conversion of points to dollars is coming. Are people buying ms points right now or just holding on to the bing points?

I just bought my 1st ever 100 ms points today from bing about 2hrs ago and still havnt got it in the email yet,  wondering how long it takes to get emails from bing.

Had to look this one up, that is insane. And for a measly 25 points!! Were you singing for it?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/rock-band-2/achievement/19425-The-Bladder-of-Steel-Award.html
That achievement is annoying. Regardless its all about the completion at the end of the game rather than the individual GS. I attempted that steel bladder achievement once but my dog disconnected my controller and I just havent felt like trying again since 8 hours straight with no pauses is really boring. Last one I need too.

Just wondering what others are doing with their bing points since soon the conversion of points to dollars is coming. Are people buying ms points right now or just holding on to the bing points?

I just bought my 1st ever 100 ms points today from bing about 2hrs ago and still havnt got it in the email yet, wondering how long it takes to get emails from bing.
Anywhere up to 24 hours. It usually takes me 12 hours. And once MS points are done with I will start getting amazon credit.

bajingo: Can't recall if that time was vocals or bass. At least it was a solo run so no pissed off bandmates.

JMusic: I'm curious to see if MS gives you 50¢ or a $1.

I just bought my 1st ever 100 ms points today from bing about 2hrs ago and still havnt got it in the email yet, wondering how long it takes to get emails from bing.
I have always just got Amazon credit and buy the points there when they are on sale or I need them. I originally did this because bing points expire and Amazon's do not... I assume BING will start offering Live gift cards instead of points soon.

So the beta is to do the change from points to actual cash. Interesting. Hehheh :D

Lets hope some stores will sell their ms point cards for cheap and make room for the new currency.But then again, it could be a pipe dream. Guy's gotta hope for opportunity right?

So the beta is to do the change from points to actual cash. Interesting. Hehheh :D

Lets hope some stores will sell their ms point cards for cheap and make room for the new currency.But then again, it could be a pipe dream. Guy's gotta hope for opportunity right?
Considering they're just counted as gift cards and can easily be thrown away, it is indeed a pipe dream.

Considering they're just counted as gift cards and can easily be thrown away, it is indeed a pipe dream.
Those of us who remember the TRU XBL Gold and MSP clearances are hoping otherwise. I'm still using the XBL Gold 12+1mo cards I got for $12.50 each long ago.

Beta kicked me off LIVE mid-match and demanded I update. Better than the previous one which caught me in the middle of my Bladder of Steel.
That just sucks, I've had a similar time with it, disconnection right before the last song sent me back to the menu, while my friend lost the song due to me failing out. Worst feeling I've ever had while playing games.

I picked up the 2 Dishonored DLC packs that haven't been on sale and will wait for a cheap copy of the game. When I rented it I had fun playing in High Chaos and do not look forward to a Low Chaos/Ghost playthrough. I might do that with powers so I can easily detect enemies through walls and stuff then do a 3rd playthrough eventually without purchasing powers and in HIgh Chaos so it's not as difficult. The game is fun enough to play through it multiple times in different ways.

My 2990 MSP (which is technically $37.375) were converted to $37.50 so they must round up to the nearest quarter. Naturally everything on the Marketplace shows up in dollars now. When I purchased The Knife of Dunwall it deducted the $4.99 exactly leaving me with $32.51 even though it said it cost $4.99 + tax. My state might not get taxed on digital purchases. It was like that on PSN too for awhile but eventually they started taxing me so I'm not sure if it will be the same here. Either way, when people said converting MSP to dollars would help you get rid of the odd amount, you were wrong ha.

For any Borderlands 2 players, Gearbox has posted a Shift code to get an exclusive item for Axton the Commando. They will be doing this daily with a new item per character class through Sunday. Technically the game will give the item to the first character you load and at their level.

Those of us who remember the TRU XBL Gold and MSP clearances are hoping otherwise. I'm still using the XBL Gold 12+1mo cards I got for $12.50 each long ago.
That was when points and Gold cards were basically in those plastic packaging and were counted as product, by now all those everywhere are clearanced out and gone. You can't clearance out gift card SKU's.

For anyone with the beta, if you go to commerce.microsoft.com, have your points been converted to a cash amount there as well, or is it just what you see on the Xbox?

Hmm, I find this very interesting. We're talking about the original, "fat" Xbox 360 here, right? The one with only two front USB ports and one rear port (and no built-in wi-fi)?

The reason I'm surprised is that there is a user review for this drive on Amazon which specifically states that it did not completely clear the USB cover on his "original Xbox 360."

For anyone with the beta, if you go to commerce.microsoft.com, have your points been converted to a cash amount there as well, or is it just what you see on the Xbox?
Mine shows the dollar amount. My transactions show my points have been migrated and I received an email saying the MSP were retired and the converted amount would expire in one year.

Believe me, I remember. I Remember getting those Vision Cam sets that came with Gold, headset and two games for like $15 or $20. Those were some good times. It's also when I found out four years is the limit on how much Gold you can have.

Man, this site reminds me how old and cheap I am...

I don't see why it can't happen. When CAG was being upgraded recently, buy.com was selling XBL memberships for $20. I don't remember if they were digital or physical, but they obviously don't come in clamshell packaging anymore.

Hmm, I find this very interesting. We're talking about the original, "fat" Xbox 360 here, right? The one with only two front USB ports and one rear port (and no built-in wi-fi)?

The reason I'm surprised is that there is a user review for this drive on Amazon which specifically states that it did not completely clear the USB cover on his "original Xbox 360."
Yeah, the original white Xbox 360 with 1 USB in the back, 2 in the front. 2007-era machine. The Sandisk Cruzer Fit 32GB definitely fits if you take the faceplate off, plug the USB drive in, and then put the faceplate back on. My USB door is taped shut because the metal hinge broke. Below is a picture of the little guy plugged in. Once inserted, it's thinner than my finger. Not sure why the reviewer thought it was too big.

http://imgur.com/otGAjZY

Nothing for me this week so I picked of Brothers In Arms as I've never played another gearbox game other than Borderlands and wanted to see what their roots were like.

Just a quick note to anyone who bought XCOM in the recent sale. Amazing game but definitely unforgiving. Lost my favorite guy in a battle and quit the game to try to load an autosave so he wouldn't be dead. Anyways, the game happens to be the only game I've playe in recent memory that doesn't have an autosave function automatically enabled. You need to manually select it from the options menu. Lost about 3 hours of play. Don't want anyone else to go through the same thing.

I think its BS if our points to dollars expire in a year. Hopefully someone sues them or something.
I know it's a different industry, but Air Canada just sent me an email on how they've reversed their point expiration policy. Hopefully MS will do an Xbox 180 on this. Or better yet, hopefully they'll do some mega sales that take away all your points the proper way, by getting you some cheap good games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back