XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just paid $14.99 for Crackdown. My Gold expired for the first time in a really long time, I had forgotten that it happened. I went on the "Free for Gold" autopilot and didn't even bother with the final payment screen. I remembered I'm on Silver once I got the email saying i just paid $16 after tax.

And what's even worse, is I have this on disc already. I was getting it to add to my account for later in case I want to sell the disc for $.50 at Gamestop, since I don't have the HDD space now.

tl;dr I'm an idiot.

I just paid $14.99 for Crackdown. My Gold expired for the first time in a really long time, I had forgotten that it happened. I went on the "Free for Gold" autopilot and didn't even bother with the final payment screen. I remembered I'm on Silver once I got the email saying i just paid $16 after tax.

And what's even worse, is I have this on disc already. I was getting it to add to my account for later in case I want to sell the disc for $.50 at Gamestop, since I don't have the HDD space now.

tl;dr I'm an idiot.
Call Xbox Support asap, explain what happened. I don't see any issues with you getting a refund.

Call Xbox Support asap, explain what happened. I don't see any issues with you getting a refund.
Have you ever dealt with Xbox support? Maybe you've had good luck, but I have to jump through every hoop imaginable whenever I need anything from them. And I don't think they're big on refunding accidental purchases.

I'm not saying it's not worth a shot, but I don't see them just happily granting him a refund.

I just called them, I must have gotten a US call center for once. The guy was extremely outgoing and helpful, and said since my Gold expired on 7/23, it's been long enough to where he should say no to my request. But since I've been a member for so long, he'll do it for me this once. Just got refunded. Thanks for the suggestion, I figured I'd be wasting my time.

I just called them, I must have gotten a US call center for once. The guy was extremely outgoing and helpful, and said since my Gold expired on 7/23, it's been long enough to where he should say no to my request. But since I've been a member for so long, he'll do it for me this once. Just got refunded. Thanks for the suggestion, I figured I'd be wasting my time.
Just read what happened and that's awesome to hear, I know I've never had problems dealing with their support myself but I've also been a member since the original Xbox and have a gamerscore of close to 170,000 (and a lot of games that means haha) and you can tell they look at that stuff and are more likely to help the people who have been with them longer :p

Hah! Told you guys, it never hurts to try. I've also been a member since the original Xbox. I guess I've always had goodluck with Xbox support. Except for when I tried to get them to un-ban my main account due to 'stealing from the marketplace'...  :fridge:

Well, never mind lol

You're lucky. I accidentally bought a DLC once (meant to hit B, but accidentally hit A). Stopped the download before it could start. Immediately called support. Told them it was an accident, can they check that I stopped the download as soon as it started (she said yes), can they refund me my points since it's clear I didn't mean to buy it and I don't have a copy of it on my hard drive since I never downloaded it. They said no. :(

I'm not saying it's good to lie, nor that you should. But couldn't you just make some BS story on how your little brother/cousin/daughter went on your Xbox and started pressing random buttons?

I'm not saying it's good to lie, nor that you should. But couldn't you just make some BS story on how your little brother/cousin/daughter went on your Xbox and started pressing random buttons?
lol, that's a very specific order of random buttons

I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but for all you guys that are new to Crackdown, be sure to download the Free-For-All Pack.

Add potent new powers to your Agent repertoire - claim the “Keys to the City” (unlimited cheats), impound vehicles, and resurrect gang members.
It's free to all, and includes a couple of achievements.

Anyone else having technical problems with this version of Crackdown?  Right after the loading screen with the agents the screen goes white and nothing ever happens.  Have tried deleting the game and redownloading but the same thing happens.

I mentioned it, there's also another DLC that's free for it. Forget the name off hand
Yeah, thanks, you're right. There's the Four Play Pack, which is free, with no achievements:

Before getting busy, download and get into the action with these four new Agents.
And the Gettin' Busy Bonus Pack, which is $5, and adds five achievements:

5 new weapons (the Lobber & friends), 3 new sets of wheels (armored car, anyone?), new mini-games, new Achievements, not to mention Street Racing. Kitchen sink not included.

I can tell you that when my 10 year old son bought $65 worth of MSP while I was at work (and then got Feeding Frenzy 1 and 2 and Marble Blast Gold) their answer was "you can set a password" and that was that.

However, when I wanted to change my gamertag from the original with my one free change that everybody gets, and it wouldn't let me do it for free, they gave me enough points to do the change.

So, hit or miss.

I tried Cloudberry Kingdom and I guess it isn't for me.

It just seemed too basic I guess? I guess it could use a bit more polish. Like I stood by one of the saws and the saw went through me/touched me and nothing happened. Also the death animation seems a lil too generic.

I would probably get it at 400msp though.

CBTIrvr.jpg

I am dying over here.

Cloudberry Kingdom, Bioshock Infinite's Clash in the Clouds... I love this thread.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cloud-to-butt-plus/apmlngnhgbnjpajelfkmabhkfapgnoai?hl=en For those that wish to join in the fun.

I tried Cloudberry Kingdom and I guess it isn't for me.

It just seemed too basic I guess? I guess it could use a bit more polish. Like I stood by one of the saws and the saw went through me/touched me and nothing happened. Also the death animation seems a lil too generic.

I would probably get it at 400msp though.
For your first issue, I think that is actually an intentional thing. Like in some shoot em ups, you fly a big ship but you actually only have a very small area where getting hit actually kills you. So you do get a few pixels of leniency on Cloudberry Kingdom like that, I use it to my advantage.

But you're right. It could use a little more polish. Keep in mind that this was originally a Kickstarter game so I like to cut the developers a little slack there. The visuals certainly aren't pretty (I actually like the visuals they were using 3 and 4 years ago more than the ones they chose for the final product) but the game really delivers some fun platforming action.

Yeah that's actually what the problem is - it's that you need a VPN to download certain content in other regions. But it's not just that an IP address check is done on your console when you buy from the marketplace there it's also the same when you try to purchase something off the Xbox.com website as it checks the IP address. So, for instance, if you have an American account and happen to be in Europe and try to buy something on your American account but it is content that otherwise can't be purchased in another country due to an IP address lock then you cannot purchase it abroad. Basically you have two options. Wait until you get home and purchase then, which for Crackdown seems like it isn't a choice for you as you won't be back in Britain in time. Or get a friend or family member to log in to your MS account back home and have them purchase it for you.

With Crackdown the problem you're running into is that you're a Brit in Spain and Crackdown is a game that requires VPN to download from other regions. I'm not sure if it violates the TOS to log in online through a browser on Xbox.com through a British VPN, it might. But as I said the easiest thing to do is ask a mate, ask a family member, or even ask someone on here from the UK who you trust to log into your account and grab it for you. But just so you know, for future reference, that even things that do not require a VPN but are either PAL or NTSC-U/J region locked fall under this category of often unable to purchase it aboard. So for instance even though I had a Canadian Xbox account that I kept when I moved to Australia, when it came time to purchase Divinity II on that GoD sale a few weeks back I had to get someone off this site to help me do it back in North America because it assumed that since I am in Australia and logging in from there that I have a PAL region 360 and therefore that NTSC-U content would not play on it (I brought my NTSC-U 360 here and just bought a new power block so this was my only option to play that game as local copies and Australian marketplace copies won't work on my 360). So this is something to keep in mind as well. It's not just IP address but also region locking as well that comes into play. And even legitimate purchases can be problematic when you're on vacation abroad.
Thanks for the suggestion. Already thought about asking a friend to log in in my country to download it from there. I'm a bit uneasy about someone else touching my account, but I guess I don't have another choice, since I won't be home in time to get the game, and I've never touched a vpn client.

EDIT: Well, so at last I had a friend to log in with my account and purchase the game for me. I don't understand why it's region locked between countries that have the game inside Europe.

The Smurfs 2 is out today for Games on Demand. $34.99. The retail version just came out last week. It seems we're getting closer and closer to same day digital/retail release. . .

lol, that's a very specific order of random buttons
My 1 year old bought some useless avatar junk one time while the controller was unattended. No idea how he managed to do it. Now that he's 2 I am afraid that he'll hack into my bank account and transfer money to an offshore account so he can buy candy and toys with it without us knowing.

My 1 year old bought some useless avatar junk one time while the controller was unattended. No idea how he managed to do it. Now that he's 2 I am afraid that he'll hack into my bank account and transfer money to an offshore account so he can buy candy and toys with it without us knowing.
Your son doesn't have a football for a head by any chance - first name Stewie?

Looks like your child may have a role model.

"An adolescent in France got herself into a heap of trouble this week after police discovered the 12-year-old used stolen checks to fund her sweet tooth.

According to local newspaper Sud Ouest, the swindling girl wrote 21 bad checks for candy and pastries, amounting to 2,500 euros (about $3,300). She also used two additional checks at a fast-food establishment.

Local police said that the young girl stole a checkbook from a neighbor's mailbox in March and used it to buy treats at a bakery in Mérignac, near Bordeaux. Apparently the adolescent's sweet scheme worked so well that she continued to run the con for several months.

But the jig was up when the establishment recently attempted to deposit the fraudulent checks, which bounced. Police apprehended the 12-year-old this week and questioned her about the ruse. She was released to her parents after they agreed to pay back what she owed."

And back to topic, really happy that we are getting crackdown. I got into Xbox late. Everyone told me I should try this game out even though its dated, but never got around to buying it as all the local GSs seem to never have it. Yeh it might not be a high dollar game, but I'll take it. DR2 is one I held off on buying because of backlog. Probably wont play it due to other better games, but at least I have the choice.

Does anyone want to play Crackdown 1 or 2 co-op? I already own both. For CD1 the only achievement I have left is for completing all the stunt rings. I have a maxed out agent and need someone with the same stats so we can simply throw each other through the rings. I'm also interested in playing competitive multiplayer in CD2 if anyone is interested in that too. I'm willing to simply help anyone in the co-op campaign, we don't necessarily have to work on those achievements. Reply here or send me a message on XBL so we can make arrangements. :)

For your first issue, I think that is actually an intentional thing. Like in some shoot em ups, you fly a big ship but you actually only have a very small area where getting hit actually kills you. So you do get a few pixels of leniency on Cloudberry Kingdom like that, I use it to my advantage.

But you're right. It could use a little more polish. Keep in mind that this was originally a Kickstarter game so I like to cut the developers a little slack there. The visuals certainly aren't pretty (I actually like the visuals they were using 3 and 4 years ago more than the ones they chose for the final product) but the game really delivers some fun platforming action.
I agree with tyler here. At first I also thought the saws weren't touching me then on a later level I noticed the saws had a spike coming out of them and only the spike would kill me so it depends on the item. Once levels start to get really crazy I'll appreciate things being this way even more.

Waiting for a sale on CBK is a good idea. I could recommend it at $5, but $10 is harder to justify since there are better platformers out there. Though, like tyler said, I give the indie devs credit since it wasn't a big budget title to begin with. To be honest, I was sold partly on nostalgia once I saw the video with the flaming rods that reminded me of Super Mario Bros.

Also, I got it for sale on PSN for pre-ordering and it came with a free skin and was part of their PLAY promotion (like XBL's Summer of Arcade) so I'm also getting money back on my purchases so that's why I was fine buying it at launch. Otherwise, I would have waited.

The Smurfs 2 is out today for Games on Demand. $34.99. The retail version just came out last week. It seems we're getting closer and closer to same day digital/retail release. . .
Smurfs isn't really worth it. Campaign might be 3-4 hours tops. Only good for the easy 1k which is doable in about 7 hours.

Better off redboxing it if you have one in your area.

That IS good news.

Is there any word on whether GTA V will be day one GoD? I feel like i read that somewhere but it may have just been wishful thinking.

That IS good news.

Is there any word on whether GTA V will be day one GoD? I feel like i read that somewhere but it may have just been wishful thinking.
Considering I don't think there's ever been a Day 1 Games on Demand game, I don't see GTA V breaking that cycle.

What's the appeal of Day 1 Games on Demand anyway? I just don't see it. I have a hard enough time buying retail games at $60, and that's knowing that if I play through it quickly I can resell it and get a good portion of my money back. I can't even imagine paying $60 for a digital file that I can't resell or lend out to friends.

I guess if you're taking advantage of the Xbox gamesharing then there could be an advantage there. But other than that, and I guess not having to stand up to put the disc in and out of the tray, I don't see any advantage to Day 1 Games on Demand.

Just my 2 cents on the issue, I'd love to hear some rebuttals.

Considering I don't think there's ever been a Day 1 Games on Demand game, I don't see GTA V breaking that cycle.

What's the appeal of Day 1 Games on Demand anyway? I just don't see it. I have a hard enough time buying retail games at $60, and that's knowing that if I play through it quickly I can resell it and get a good portion of my money back. I can't even imagine paying $60 for a digital file that I can't resell or lend out to friends.

I guess if you're taking advantage of the Xbox gamesharing then there could be an advantage there. But other than that, and I guess not having to stand up to put the disc in and out of the tray, I don't see any advantage to Day 1 Games on Demand.

I think exactly like you. To pay more than $30 for a digital game is just not right. I understand that a lot of people NEED to play a game on day one or as soon as they can get their hands on it, but to get it digital is just a bad bussiness.

That IS good news.

Haven't heard that. Highly doubtful since it releases in September. They probably won't start offering day 1 digital downloads until the next gens are released.

Hey hey now I feel my CAG rep being challenged. I'll say this about that-GTA 5 would be the ONLY games on demand title I will ever pay full price for because..

1-I will buy it retail day one since I love Rockstar games, so same amount of money. And dont see myself wanting to trade it in for a long while.

2-most of my MS points were discounted from various deals, making it cheaper than shelling out at a retail store.

3-with next gen looming, I've decided I will def. keep my 360 as i have hundreds of non transferable xbla/GoD games, but am less interested in buying disc games since there will be no backwards compatibility and take up shelf space.

4-im fucking laaaaazy! i love being able to boot up borderlands 2, then change my mind and boot up hitman without getting up. My couch is 30 feet from my big screen.

but really, I only buy GoD otherwise if they are on crazy sale and actually cheaper/on par with what the disc costs. we all have our 'must have as soon as released' purchases, GTA 5 will be one of mine.

also, all digital IS coming, better learn to get used to it

Because some people would like to have the option to get it digitally?

Haven't heard that. Highly doubtful since it releases in September. They probably won't start offering day 1 digital downloads until the next gens are released.
its very possible that i just read it in a comments section that was saying "BECAUSE its so close to launch of xbone" that gta 5 might have day one release, since xbone games most certainly will.

I would always prefer physical. But for some people, me included, could easily save up MSP or have saved up plenty of MSP from Bing and could basically get GTA V for free if it were Day 1 Digital.

Even then I probably wouldn't, I prefer to use MSP on sale prices.

That's really the only reason I see besides the 2 copies for 1 thing, or people who just don't care about digital or physical.

nba 2k13 came out same day as retail.

hopefully 2k14 is the same. dem cavaliers

Everyone has different needs and preferences. That's the basic answer.

Here is an example of my situation. I live in NYC, in a small (by the standards of most other places) apartment that I share with my girlfriend. NYC apartments are not known for having ample (or even sufficient) closet space, so most of our limited closet space is set aside for clothes. Games, blu-rays, etc. go in boxes and into our storage unit, which is an additional monthly cost. Essentially, space is at a very high premium here.

On the other hand, salaries here are much higher than elsewhere that I've seen. So $60/game isn't really an issue for me anymore. I don't recall trading in a game in almost a decade. Sometimes if I don't like a game I'll sell it on Half, but that's almost more to clear up space than recoup costs.

Basically, I can't wait to go all-digital. It just works for my situation. It's already great on my Vita and I'm really looking forward to not adding more to storage.

I completely understand if people prefer physical media. I used to be very much in that camp and I still ideologically believe in the right of first sale, which is the legal right that allows for the sale of physical media. I think without that and with DRM on top of that, things skew too much away from consumers and in favor of publishers. However, on balance digital is better for me right now, and saving space is actually worth money to me. I think it's kind of strange that people (this is not at all directed at you, tylerh1701, but others that I've seen be so dismissive about this here) have such a hard time understanding that others' preferences and needs can be wildly different from their own.

Because people who got in on the 1200 msp for $5 will get the game for $20 via games on demand.

Because people who got in on the 1200 msp for $5 deal will get GTA V for $20 via games on demand.
That's what in doing with my yearly addiction of CoD with Ghosts. Game that I am buying day 1 anyway for effectively $20 vs maybe best scenario $45 (newegg preorder if they have one) = win to me. Although I do have some GS credit...

nba 2k13 came out same day as retail.

hopefully 2k14 is the same. dem cavaliers
This article seems to indicate that NBA 2K13 GoD came out a few months after the retail title did.

As for my opinion on digital titles, I didn't mean to sound dismissive towards others, sorry if I did. They don't appeal to me at all, but I encourage anyone to spend their hard earned money on whatever they'd like. The space issue that illenium brought up is very interesting and not something that would have crossed my mind. The cheap MSP issue is another one I forgot. (although I consider how I bought my MSP and how I spend my MSP as two separate transactions. Therefore spending 4800 MSP = Spending $60 regardless of how the MSP was acquired).

Already played the heck out of Crackdown but I no longer have it so I do not mind getting it again. Really happy about Dead Rising 2. I bought OTR and was planning on getting DR2 soon. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back