XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to use several external drives at separate times? An example would be keeping 5 games on one usb stick and 5 games on another. Then just switch them out whenever you want to play a certain game. That way you'd have unlimited space, but you'd have to take a few seconds to switch out usb sticks.

I was thinking about doing this to save space on the main HD.
Yeah you can do this.

It simply has to do with cost. Adding a 2 or 3 TB drive to the system, as opposed to a 500 GB HD, would increase the cost by at least 150 dollars. That's a significant cost increase for systems that only cost $400-500. Even adding the option for larger HD's would significant effect cost as your increasing the number of SKU's that each system will have. Keeping it simple and using a 500 GB HD + adding the option for USB 3.0 drives is definitely the smart way to go as it keeps the cost of the consoles down and leaves the option for increased storage in the buyers hands. People can go out and add as much storage space as is wanted/needed.

As much as I would love to have an XBox One with a 2-3 TB HD in it, I recognize that the 500 Gig route was a far smarter route for MS to take. Again it keeps things simple (just one SKU) and it keeps overall cost down. Considering the XBox One is already 100 dollars more expensive than the PS4, keeping any further price increases off the board was pretty much mandatory.
Also if MS & Sony launch their systems with small hard drives it allows them a lot of room to introduce new versions with increased HDD sizes down the road.

Most gamers probably won't max out their storage for a while, and therefore the extra cost associated with bundling a 2TB HDD wouldn't be justified from the get-go. The fact that PS4 (and XB1?) can install in the background makes re-installations a lot smoother process, too.

Those gamers that do go purely digital will always have the option of installing their own HDD in a PS4 or attaching a USB 3.0 HDD to their XB1. I'm thinking I'll just pull the 500GB HDD out of the PS4 day one, replace it with a larger drive, and put the 500GB one in my PS3.

So, I know this was asked before but I want some clarification on this. With the new update converting over your points, is it best to spend them all before that cause of the new taxing system that will apply? I live in NH so I dont get charged salex tax on purchases but wondering if that will apply to Xbox Live purchases or not. I have 4000 MSP in my account right now so trying to figure out how to get the best value out of it before it is converted to real money.
I don't think anyone knows for sure. I get charged tax on Nintendo online purchases but not PSN ones here in New York. So I fear the worst on this transition. But I wouldn't impulse buy just out of fear.

Theory is you won't get charged tax for purchases in which you use the converted points money, once that runs out and you start using "MS Gift Card" money you will get charged tax.

I think charging tax twice is illegal, ie you paid tax on the points so they can't tax you again.

Theory is you won't get charged tax for purchases in which you use the converted points money, once that runs out and you start using "MS Gift Card" money you will get charged tax.

I think charging tax twice is illegal, ie you paid tax on the points so they can't tax you again.
So if someone has a bunch of unredeemed point cards, would it be wise to redeem them all prior to the conversion date? Upside is you don't pay taxes (at least that's what they initially said; who knows if they're going to pull another 180...), and downside is you have to use it up by some expiration date in 2015.

My sarcasm didn't come across clearly enough. How about another attempt...

You are aware that you can only use 32 Gigs, regardless of how big the HD is and that figure was just recently upped to 32. The limit used to be 16 Gigs per HD. So using external HD's on a 360 is just a HUGE waste of money and HD space.
Why do you think there won't be similar limitations with the Xbox One?

Microsoft will never fess up to one of their biggest mistakes. Not supporting blu ray easily caused them to look stupid, if they were wise they would make Xbox One a blu ray machine. They won't but; hey I can dream of not having to insert DVD 3 into console can't I?

Microsoft will never fess up to one of their biggest mistakes. Not supporting blu ray easily caused them to look stupid, if they were wise they would make Xbox One a blu ray machine. They won't but; hey I can dream of not having to insert DVD 3 into console can't I?
I'm pretty sure they've already announced that Xbox One will have blu-ray.

It does have a BD drive. MajorNelson mentioned it in the most recent unboxing as well.

lol wut?

Xbox One is Blu-Ray

They announced it at the first console announcement...

It doesn't count as "backwards compatibility" if you're playing Xbox 360 games on an Xbox 360, and just routing the video through another device.

Ya that article sounds weird. What would be the benefit of playing 360 games like that? Only benefit I could see is that you save one HDMI port on your TV. At the same time you double the amount of electricity and wear on the consoles since they'll both be on.

That's not so much "backwards compatibility" as it is "nothing", unless some of the new Xbox One features (like video recording) could be used on the old 360 games.
Yeah, I tried to make this point in the Xbox One discussion thread but had the fanboys jumping all over me about how wonderful this feature was since they could chat with all their friends on the One while playing 360 games. I was like - OK... I guess maybe that is a generational thing but I have never used party chat and probably never will. But even if I did, I don't see the point of using it while playing a single-player 360 game (and if you are playing multiplayer presumably you'd be chatting in-game on the 360). Maybe it's just me, but when I'm focused on a game I don't want to chit-chat. The electricity usage (and resultant heat production), not to mention the wear-and-tear on both systems makes this a completely useless feature IMO.

Yea I figured at least that would be on our side. But the whole online tax code thing is screwy anyways. Like how Amazon doesn't charge tax in some states but legally you're obligated to declare your purchases over a certain amount and pay tax on them(even though no one does)

I'm trying to decide whether to cash in some points codes now or wait as well.  Didn't they say originally the codes would only be good for a year?  But the transferred ones are going to be about 2 years.  But maybe if you redeem after the transfer it will just be 1 year.  Tax is not a concern for me either way since I live in a no sales tax state.  So it really just comes down to expiration dates as far as I'm concerned.  Since I'm getting a launch system (most likely) I guess mid-2015 is probably fine.  I'll just make sure to buy a few big releases (like Destiny perhaps) digitally and I can burn through my points before the deadline easily enough.  When it was just supposed to be one year (making it summer/fall  2014) I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough to get (as I'm not interested in the launch titles for sure).

Yeah, I tried to make this point in the Xbox One discussion thread but had the fanboys jumping all over me about how wonderful this feature was since they could chat with all their friends on the One while playing 360 games. I was like - OK... I guess maybe that is a generational thing but I have never used party chat and probably never will. But even if I did, I don't see the point of using it while playing a single-player 360 game (and if you are playing multiplayer presumably you'd be chatting in-game on the 360). Maybe it's just me, but when I'm focused on a game I don't want to chit-chat. The electricity usage (and resultant heat production), not to mention the wear-and-tear on both systems makes this a completely useless feature IMO.
Party chat is way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way cheaper than 8 friends traveling cross every week to watch an NFL game together. Some multiplayer games don't support party chat, the ingame chat is horribly laggy, or it's just broke (Defiance). Some multiplayer games don't have a party system, so you have to join the same game if you want to play as a friend (Far Cry 2). Would be near impossible to join the same game if you couldn't talk to each other. Some games even use party chat as the ingame party system (Far Cry 3). Some singleplayer games are boring without talking to anybody, especially ones where you need to grind to level or get an achievement (Almost any RPG). Sometimes something crazy happens in a singleplayer game that you want to tell a friend about (Any sp game). Some people don't want to get long distance charges when they want to call relatives that live in another country while they are already both paying for XBL anyways. Some people just don't want to deal with talking to random people in multiplayer games (Mainly Call of Duty ;). Those are just a few uses for party chat. I wouldn't call it useless.

I'm personally looking forward to plugging in a 360 to the Xbox One for fighting games. No more will I have to join lobbies of only 2 or 3 people. I'll be able to join full lobbies and play something on the 360 when I lose. There's no need to sit there watching several fights that I don't care about who wins while waiting for my turn. That's about it though. I don't think I'll be switching between the two often enough to always have the 360 on. It's just a nice option to have available when I do want to.

I'm personally looking forward to plugging in a 360 to the Xbox One for fighting games. No more will I have to join lobbies of only 2 or 3 people. I'll be able to join full lobbies and play something on the 360 when I lose. There's no need to sit there watching several fights that I don't care about who wins while waiting for my turn. That's about it though. I don't think I'll be switching between the two often enough to always have the 360 on. It's just a nice option to have available when I do want to.
you can basically do that with any system ever though lol. when i want to play a random xbla game that isn't very populated online, i'll turn it on, leave the surround sound system low enough that i can hear when someone joins, then switch to my pc input and play whatever. used to be able to do the same with PIP but for some reason more modern tvs are abandoning that feature (which i miss)

You can enjoy that "feature" right now with any two consoles ever made as long as your television has two inputs.

You can enjoy that "feature" right now with any two consoles ever made as long as your television has two inputs.
Yeah, sorry, I focused too much on the party chat aspect when this is really the overriding point here. I suppose just needing one input would be nice, but then that would mean you'd have to have your One on every time you wanted to play a 360 game and not just in the rare cases when you need to do that while also chatting separately on the One.

And man, bob101910, that is a whole lot of stuff I would never want to do right there. I never really understood the appeal of all that stuff, but apparently it is a big deal to some people ;). Party chatting with 8 people while watching NFL games (and presumably playing a 360 game at the same time since that's what we were talking about) sounds horrible to me... And I sure as freaking hell don't want to talk bullshit with someone when I'm focused on a single-player game. But like I said, maybe that is generational. I don't get the appeal of texting either.

Party chat is awesome. Most "in game" chats are full of idiots, shit talkers, and little annoying kids. Or the occasional person who blasts music for no reason other than to be annoying. Party chat is amazing when you ONLY want to hear your friends and no one else. Maybe you just dont have friends on live who you play games with often (not trying to be mean so dont take it that way). Regardless I feel party chat has its perks.

Sorry for the off topicness.

EDIT: Charlie Murder comes out this week right? Very tempted to get it as it looks so much like the Dishwasher and I loved those games.

Yeah, sorry, I focused too much on the party chat aspect when this is really the overriding point here. I suppose just needing one input would be nice, but then that would mean you'd have to have your One on every time you wanted to play a 360 game and not just in the rare cases when you need to do that while also chatting separately on the One.

And man, bob101910, that is a whole lot of stuff I would never want to do right there. I never really understood the appeal of all that stuff, but apparently it is a big deal to some people ;). Party chatting with 8 people while watching NFL games (and presumably playing a 360 game at the same time since that's what we were talking about) sounds horrible to me... And I sure as freaking hell don't want to talk bullshit with someone when I'm focused on a single-player game. But like I said, maybe that is generational. I don't get the appeal of texting either.

Rocksmith Markdowns 8/12/2013:

-Synchronicity II by The Police ------------240 to 160

-Roxanne by the Police ----------------------240 to 160

-Message in a Bottle by The Police------240 to 160

-Painkiller by Judas Priest-------------------240 to 160

-Breaking the Law by Judas Priest-------240 to 160

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012

-Bundle Pack: Back in Shape, Lose it and Keep it Off!-----640 to 236

Is Rayman Origins worth it? I liked the demo, but thought it was pretty easy (Love the art style though). Last platformer I played was Battleblock which I kind of regretted buying at full price (w/ cheap ms points) BB was fun but after beating it in co-op once I really had no immediate urge to play it again. Other than that I mean I love the old Super Mario games, but don't play that many platformers nowadays.

I'm waiting to see next weeks sales first, regardless, but I still need to make my mind to pull the trigger before it disappears lol..any glowing recommendations out there?

Is Rayman Origins worth it? I liked the demo, but thought it was pretty easy (Love the art style though). Last platformer I played was Battleblock which I kind of regretted buying at full price (w/ cheap ms points) BB was fun but after beating it in co-op once I really had no immediate urge to play it again. Other than that I mean I love the old Super Mario games, but don't play that many platformers nowadays.

I'm waiting to see next weeks sales first, regardless, but I still need to make my mind to pull the trigger before it disappears lol..any glowing recommendations out there?
I feel the same about platformers. Dont play them too often. But Rayman Origins was very fun. And it can get challenging if you want it to be, skull teeth levels and speed runs can be tough. I enjoyed it enough to rebuy it on the VITA. Recommend for the price it is now.

I feel the same about platformers. Dont play them too often. But Rayman Origins was very fun. And it can get challenging if you want it to be, skull teeth levels and speed runs can be tough. I enjoyed it enough to rebuy it on the VITA. Recommend for the price it is now.
Thanks for the input. The videos I watched definitely looked like an improvement over the demo. Did you play single player? Because I doubt I would be playing it on co-op much, if at all.

Thanks for the input. The videos I watched definitely looked like an improvement over the demo. Did you play single player? Because I doubt I would be playing it on co-op much, if at all.
I played both. Although more than likely you are best on your own for the Speed runs and Teeth runs if you give those a go. I mainly did play single player though. Completed all speed runs and tooth runs. Fun game.

"Xbox One no longer requires Kinect to be connected."

Another turn around for Microsoft.

I bet they announce a model without Kinect for $399 next. Here's hoping!!!

The Summer of Savings is still going on so I've not made many purchases on the 360 for the past couple weeks. I already had X-men Origins: Wolverine and Rayman Origins on physical disc (from Best Buy clearance $10USD each) and the digital purchase price at this time aren't competitive. I had really wanted the X-men Origins: Wolverine danger room (preorder) DLC to get discounted along with the game, but it is still ridiculously priced at 800MSP and I'd have to live without it until it is reasonably priced. There's still no Major Nelson post preparing us for the discounts lined up for tomorrow, but I'll assume a continuation of poor discounts with Summer of Arcade (savings) still ongoing. At least later in the week, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and Dead Rising 2 will be the free Games with Gold titles, but I already own them (still nice to have DR2 registered to my download history though).

I'm constantly looking for XBLIG to check out.
Since everyone here is throwing around their favorites/recommendations on the XBLIG, here's a few of my choices (which I can dig up official trailers for):

• Downtown Smash Dodgeball (search ダウンタウン熱血どっじぼーる on the dashboard or scroll very far on the most popular) - My favorite dodgeball game on the 360, I just can't get enough of it on the Ocho. As a big fan of the old NES Super Dodgeball, this one is by some of the same people and it will be in English if your 360 is set for it and widescreen (unlike trailer). It is probably the most expensive XBLIG I bought, but I love the game that much.
  • Vorpal - It's sort of a touhou styled shooting game. One of my favorite Mexican developed games (up there with Rage of the Dragons). The 80MSP is worth it alone for the soundtrack which gets me so pumped for bullet hell.
  • Super Amazing Wagon Adventure - It is cheaper buying it on the 360 at 80MSP than on the PC. Having never played Oregon Trail (which others claim is the best educational game, so the Civilization games are probably my favorite educational games) I think this XBLIG title gives me a similar experience that is very entertaining.
  • Protect Me Knight (まもって騎士) - Exudes lots of charm and is great fun with local friends (but I can even have fun with it solo). Great Xbox 360 exclusive from the studio featuring Yuzo Koishiro (of Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle fame).
  • Wizorb - Tribute really understands my love for pixel art and chiptunes. Inexpensive, brick breaking fun with some JRPG elements. (I really want their new game)
Please bear in mind my preference in games are unconventional but still, I feel these titles are worth a look. Honorable mention goes to the Arika (of the Street Fighter EX series) developed Jewelry Master Twinkle Lite (specifically the Lite version at 80MSP for improved play mechanics and lower price) and Arkedo Series 03 - Pixel both of which I also purchased. My concern with XBLIG titles is that they require an online connection (free/silver or gold, doesn't matter) because the titles are not rated by the ESRB/PEGI/CERO they use the buyer's account to determine age, who knows what would happen to the authentication process with Microsoft years down the line (server handshake continued to be enabled?).

Tomb Raider and Uncharted are probably the two best Indy games around.
My personal favorite Indy game was Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It had 3 paths to the end, and lots of charm. LucasArts adventure games never failed me back in the day.

Man, it's just getting easier and easier to want to become a PC gamer. Microsoft gives us this lump of coal of a "sale", and then Humble Bundle goes and does this...

https://www.humblebundle.com/

5 pretty big name games for less than $5 (or 4 games for $1 if you don't care about DI:GOTY or SR3 DLC). People say PC gaming is expensive...but if you factor in the money you spend on console games, it can't even be close. I know a lot of people think digital games on the XBox One were going to be cheap. But Saints Row The Third complete for a dollar is pretty insane.
With all the concern and conversation on this thread over the storage limitations on the 360 and potentially the X1. I still find the price of SSDs relatively expensive. When I built my computer (for Taiwanese parts I prefer ASUS, but this MSI video is more informative), my 120GB SSDs were still costly. At this time, a 500GB would still cost around $320 for a consumer grade SSD, so I guess the X1 is pretty well priced for its 500GB. In the end, there are still some X1 exclusives which really interest me which my PC may not play like D4 and Crimson Dragon. I think I heard D4 is a downloadable title, and since I am struggling for space with my old Jasper 360 with a 250GB (sometimes swapped with an old 20GB), 1 internal 256MB OS storage, 2 memory cards of 512MBs (non-RPG savegames), and 2 32GB USB sticks [thanks to this thread for telling me the limit was 2 USB sticks only, because I couldn't figure out why the last remaining USB slot cannot have a storage solution] I will need massively expanding storage solutions (once SSD prices actually become more reasonable). At least the X1's controllers will work on PC.

This week's new XBLA game, Charlie Murder, looks great but I'll wait for a more opportune time to purchase (discount + rewards). The developer James Silva and the rest of SKA Studios originated from humble beginnings from XBLIG's Dream Build Play contests. So give those XBLIG games a try, there are gems in there.

Well, I'll be on this thread, awaiting the news of what will be on discount starting tomorrow. Maybe even a Major Nelson notice for upcoming weeks to at least steel myself for disappointment/anticipation. At least the good news I recently read that Phantom Breaker : Battlegrounds will have a new DLC offering on the 360!

They will. What I'm hoping for is that they don't release a Kinect-less model too soon. Kinect 2.0 needs a chance before all the fools just consider it an NSA spying device. Innovation requires risks, else you'll just have the same ol' systems with just updated graphics. IMO, if consoles keep that up, mobile games on phones and tablets will catch up and console gaming will be the minority.

Maybe Kinect isn't the best way to innovate, but I welcome the risk-for-reward take.

As someone with a Kinect I'll just say, that'd be goddamn stupid at this point if it's true. Like really just call it the Microsoft Playstation if they're doing nothing or not trying anything over their competitors and aping everything they do.

As someone with a Kinect I'll just say, that'd be goddamn stupid at this point if it's true. Like really just call it the Microsoft Playstation if they're doing nothing or not trying anything over their competitors and aping everything they do.
There is nothing that's going to separate the systems at this point. It's bad business to make waves. The winner of last gen is in an early last place....really bad last place. With the next best install base, Xbox would be dumb to make a big wave. that's what early input was. Sorry if you expect some drastic difference but that is not what gamers want. And the main companies have to give people what they want, now more than ever.

There is nothing that's going to separate the systems at this point. It's bad business to make waves. The winner of last gen is in an early last place....really bad last place. With the next best install base, Xbox would be dumb to make a big wave. that's what early input was. Sorry if you expect some drastic difference but that is not what gamers want. And the main companies have to give people what they want, now more than ever.
Oh I agree in it being a bad business model, but it's an even dumber business model to literally charge an extra $100 for an accessory on a console that some people aren't going to use because some gamers are afraid of something that gathers the attention of the evil "casual market".

jesus H, so much XB1 junk cluttering up this thread. :boxing: Deals man deals is what this thread about! 

Good price on the Rocksmith tracks, especially on the Police traxs.  :bow:

Oh I agree in it being a bad business model, but it's an even dumber business model to literally charge an extra $100 for an accessory on a console that some people aren't going to use because some gamers are afraid of something that gathers the attention of the evil "casual market".
The weird thing in the pricing is that in some markets like mine (Australia) the cost difference between a PS4 and an Xbone is $50. I think the whole debate about the Kinect or no Kinect becomes moot at a $50 price difference as even just the way it works with voice commands in games (ME3 and Skyrim for instance) made the Kinect 1.0 worth $50 for me (quick saving in Skyrim is amazing). I think anyone over this side of the world who looks at the PS4 and Xbone as being fairly similar at the end of the day would be foolish not to go the extra $50 for an Xbone with Kinect 2.0 instead. It's a great periphery, but a terrible game controller. Hopefully developers will utilize it in part with controller use more than just on it's own (and yes even a better, more precise Kinect is fundementally flawed as a sole gameplay input device IMHO). Although I still think it's ridiculous that no one has used the Kinect to try to make a top down bullet-hell game. Imagine instead of moving a ship around with a controller having to instead move around your living room - it seems built for that sort of game-type.

jesus H, so much XB1 junk cluttering up this thread. :boxing: Deals man deals is what this thread about!

Good price on the Rocksmith tracks, especially on the Police traxs. :bow:
This is what happens when there are horrible horrible deals going on. If we didn't shoot the shit over something then this thread would just go dead come summer time especially. There's always the OP if you don't want the junky talk. Hopefully some amazing sales will come in a few hours and will shut us idiots all up.

The weird thing in the pricing is that in some markets like mine (Australia) the cost difference between a PS4 and an Xbone is $50. I think the whole debate about the Kinect or no Kinect becomes moot at a $50 price difference as even just the way it works with voice commands in games (ME3 and Skyrim for instance) made the Kinect 1.0 worth $50 for me (quick saving in Skyrim is amazing). I think anyone over this side of the world who looks at the PS4 and Xbone as being fairly similar at the end of the day would be foolish not to go the extra $50 for an Xbone with Kinect 2.0 instead. It's a great periphery, but a terrible game controller. Hopefully developers will utilize it in part with controller use more than just on it's own (and yes even a better, more precise Kinect is fundementally flawed as a sole gameplay input device IMHO). Although I still think it's ridiculous that no one has used the Kinect to try to make a top down bullet-hell game. Imagine instead of moving a ship around with a controller having to instead move around your living room - it seems built for that sort of game-type.
I'll be honest, Dance Central is one of my favorite games this whole generation, but with Kinect 2.0 I literally don't think we'll see any games that will utilize the new Kinect to it's full potential until a year or two when people are more use to the tech. I Mean the heart beat sensor alone on that thing has me crazy excited if games can implement it well, like a survival horror game where if you're panicy you'll be known to trip or will have more shakey aim.

So far...

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 1200msp (40% off)

Just Cause 2 - 1200msp (40% off)

Hitman HD Pack - 1200msp (40% off)

Hitman: Blood Money - 800msp (50% off)

El Shaddai - 400msp (75% off)

If it wasn't for El Shaddai being there I'd say it's a Square Enix sale.

[quote name="bardockkun" post="10978424" timestamp="1376367655"]
As someone with a Kinect I'll just say, that'd be goddamn stupid at this point if it's true. Like really just call it the Microsoft Playstation if they're doing nothing or not trying anything over their competitors and aping everything they do.[/quote]
They tried to be different then everyone complained and they reverted back to the status quo.

Hitman HD at $15 is tempting especially for 3 games, but I already own Blood Money and $10 is usually my GonD limit. I guess I could try to get rid of my disc copy now and/or wait for a $10 price. Decisions...

Has anyone bought Brothers? I've been interested in it and liked the trial and it's getting good reviews. My issue is it's length and replayability factor and my cheapness. Yet I like to support games like these to encourage more. I wish it was $10, then it would be an instabuy.

Charlie Murder looks interesting but a review I read (I think it was Joystiq's) said the checkpoints are bad. He died and had to replay a bunch of areas to reach the boss again only to die a second time. Rinse and repeat. I can't deal with that. That makes it an easy decision to pass at full price. I'll wait for a sale like their other games.

xbld picked up this week's deals.

Deus EX

Hitman Blood Money

Hitman HD Pack

EL Shaddai

Just Cause II

http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes/price-decreases

Good stuff but I already own everything.
I think at this point people could likely do better on all of these with the exception of El Shaddai. Though it was super cheap at 240pts a few months back (so I assume most people own it from there). El Shaddai is a game I want to love. It's a game that on the surface I should love. But I just can't get into it. It's so repetitive and the worlds, though lovely, are empty and dead and just boring. I have a feeling it's another miss for me this week.

One side benefit of all these GoD Gold Sales is that we can probably rule these games out of being in the Games for Gold promotion later on down the line.

And hey, at least we have DR2 in a few days!!!

I'll be honest, Dance Central is one of my favorite games this whole generation, but with Kinect 2.0 I literally don't think we'll see any games that will utilize the new Kinect to it's full potential until a year or two when people are more use to the tech. I Mean the heart beat sensor alone on that thing has me crazy excited if games can implement it well, like a survival horror game where if you're panicy you'll be known to trip or will have more shakey aim.
Sorry. I should maybe say that Kinect as the main controller to play games beyond dance games was a flop. Even a game like Wreckateer would be better with a controller. It's less the precision and the tech that's the problem than the overall idea of it being used as a main gameplay device. I think I own about 17 Kinect-required retail and about 8 Kinect-required XBLA games and pretty much all of them suffer from the fact that it's just not fun to stand and play a game with your hands (Dance games excepted) rather than using your fingers to just move buttons on a controller. Even games I've felt do a pretty good job of precision (Gunstringer) - are games that would be better if you gave me a controller. But the Kinect appeals to me as it's saved me hours of time in Skyrim by simply being able to use the quick commands. It makes playing huge games with lots of menus so much easier (though PC gamers probably laugh at me as they can just hit a button on a keyboard where I have to shout things out). Still, it's the best integration of a controller and motion/voice commands I've seen yet (thankfully I never picked up Steel Batallion, though I would if I saw a copy for a few bucks just to see how bad it is) and gives me hope that the two can live in harmony rather than just be at odds with one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back