XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Human Revolution looks pretty fun, it has been one of the few games I regret not picking up yet (particularly when it was 800 points -_-). Should I really just wait for the $30 director's cut? Mainly because now I have a lot of bing points/points from a survey site and kind of just want to bite on it since it still seems to having raving reviews everywhere. The DLC for it doesn't seem that important to me, but I really don't know. I never played any Deus Ex :/

The 360/XB1 need humble bundle sales. Stat.
Yeah. That won't ever happen. But wow the Origin sale is a good one. I don't even game on PC and I threw down $4.56 to own those games as at some point I do plan on going PC to TV gaming and those deals are way too amazing to pass up, even if I own most on the 360 - plus it all goes to charity this time and there's always a few games extra thrown in at the end. Weird how EA is slowly becoming a beloved gaming publisher to me and not the evil one it's been the last half a decade or so.

Charlie Murder is a worthy beat em up. 

Definitely get it if you're a fan of the genre. 

Game starts out a little slow, but by the 4th or 5th level it starts going off the deep end in an awesome, crazy way.

So since the Silent Hill Collection HD is so bad on Xbox, did the PS3 patch fix any of the issues?
The 360 game by default wasn't anywhere as buggy as the PS3 one to my understanding before the patch so if anything, they're both just about as equally awful now as opposed to the PS3 version being the much more terrible one. You're still going to have problems if you play the games like parts of cut scenes unnecessarily barred off from certain angles, new terrible voice work, blurry cut scenes, SH2 literally moving at half speed, black fade in and fade outs that ruin key moments, lack of fog and other things...

Games on Demand - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Gold Price: 1200 MSP ($15.00) - 40% off - xbldb*
Games on Demand - Hitman HD Pack - Gold Price: 1200 MSP ($15.00) - 40% off - xbldb*

Games on Demand - Hitman: Blood Money - Gold Price: 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb*

Games on Demand - Just Cause 2 - Gold Price: 1200 MSP ($15.00) - 40% off - xbldb*
Compare that with a regular european marketplace (Spain if you wonder):

Deus Ex: 18€ - 1520mp

Hitman HD pack: 12€ - 1040mp

Hitman Blood Money: 10€ - 880mp

Just Cause 2: 15€ - 1280mp

Conclusions:

1) If you, fellow europeans, had any doubt that microsoft points disappearance would imply more fair marketplace prices, fear not: it won't: 1€ equals 80mp. You can still cling to the delusional hope that base prices would differ to american prices, like Hitman HD pack costing almost the same in both marketplaces (12€=16$) but thats only a coincidence: most certainly that game had a lower regular price here like Deus Ex had a higher one; I can't check it out.

2) Welcome the one and only 80 mp FIXED TAX! :bow: Because stabbing you once is not enough. :dunce: Gimme moar Microsoft!

Or for people like me who own both games, just a day of shrugging.
shrug.gif

I honestly regret biting on El Shaddai for $3. Your mileage may vary but it's just, well it's not much of a game. It just wants to tell it's story about angels and look very interesting. The fact that you have to play through it doesn't seem of much consequence to the developers.

I was just thinking today that this is the first time I'm not interested in any Summer of Arcade games at all. Even when they go on sale. Ducktales I would pay sale price for but I can't see paying full price at all.
Or you could read the critic reviews on Metacritic, where it averages "75", and garners quotes like ...

• "a divine treat that's unlike anything you've played before"
  • "a memorable experience from start to finish. It offers a quirkiness and sense of style that is not only unique, it's surprisingly refreshing."
  • "perhaps the most artistically beautiful game I've ever played, it's easy to get lost in the gorgeous environments."
  • "through its boldly chosen subject matter, ravishing good looks and slick mechanics ES:AotM is without question a title that deserves to be played"
... and those are from the ratings near the mean-average, not even the skads of top-rated reviews. Yes, the repetitive combat has been called out many times, but with a description like this ...

Developed by a hugely-talented, Tokyo-based team headed by the legendary Sawaki Takeyasu (Devil May Cry) and Masato Kimura (Okami, Viewtiful Joe) El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, draws players into a rich storyline inspired by events in the Old Testament's apocryphal 'Book of Enoch.' In the game, players take on the role of Enoch and must harness his natural combat skills to master a range of powerful and Heavenly weapons under the guidance of the watchful Archangels. Only then will he be able to deliver the souls of the Fallen Angels and spare the world from a great flood ordered by Heaven.
... you should already know what you're in for, if it's a Japanese-developed 3rd-person fighting game just like "Devil May Cry".

The more important question is why does Kane and Lynch even exist? Especially Kane and Lynch 2 - seriously, why does that game exist at all?
Seriously, i feel dirty playing Kane and Lynch 2. -_- Only reason why i beat it was the length - it took 3hrs or less.

so has anyone tried gamesharing between the beta and regular dash?

my main account is still on the regular dash. i'd like to purchase a game and get it on a console that has the beta, but i'm unsure if i do that if i'll be able to go back to my regular console, or if it'll screw something up. i'm almost positive it'll convert my points to $, which i don't mind, but will that be OK going back to the regular dash? is it capable of knowing i have $ instead of MSP or is it gonna screw things up somehow?

edit: i found out elsewhere it fucks up your marketplace. don't do this. well now i'll have no one to play charlie murder with

so has anyone tried gamesharing between the beta and regular dash?

my main account is still on the regular dash. i'd like to purchase a game and get it on a console that has the beta, but i'm unsure if i do that if i'll be able to go back to my regular console, or if it'll screw something up. i'm almost positive it'll convert my points to $, which i don't mind, but will that be OK going back to the regular dash? is it capable of knowing i have $ instead of MSP or is it gonna screw things up somehow?

edit: i found out elsewhere it fucks up your marketplace. don't do this. well now i'll have no one to play charlie murder with
Tried on my brother's non beta Xbox and it gives me an error code when trying to buy points. And it shows I have 0 points since it already converted it to normal currency on my xbox.

Really wanted charlie murder to play this weekend but I'll have to wait until this gets fixed. Was gonna try to buy it on their site and just queue it up for download but I can't even do that.

When does this update go live for everyone?

Tried on my brother's non beta Xbox and it gives me an error code when trying to buy points. And it shows I have 0 points since it already converted it to normal currency on my xbox.

Really wanted charlie murder to play this weekend but I'll have to wait until this gets fixed. Was gonna try to buy it on their site and just queue it up for download but I can't even do that.

When does this update go live for everyone?
damn, that stinks. i'm gonna try and wait it out too. i hope the beta gets released soon, i suppose i'll just wait on charlie murder and try to share TMNT when that comes out as well, maybe it'll be out by then.

from my friends description, isn't the beta dash almost exactly the same anyway? he said the only notable difference in the dash was the switch in currency. why would that take so long >_<

MS had a really good streak for game sales the last couple months running and I was really hoping that it was not just a fluke, but a shift in how MS handles sales on the XBox 360. MS seems to legitimately want to increase the value of XBox Live Gold and I was really hoping better sales were apart of that approach but if this week is any indication, it seems they have gone back to their normal lame sales. Deus Ex & Just Cause 2 yet again? I swear I have seen these games on sale at least 5 times this last year. Meanwhile there are hundreds of Xbox Live Arcade games that have never been on sale. Disappointing!

It's mainly due to the Summer of Arcade Promo though^

They want people to spend their money on the spotlight games (Brothers, CM, TMNT, Flashback) as opposed to other games.

MS had a really good streak for game sales the last couple months running and I was really hoping that it was not just a fluke, but a shift in how MS handles sales on the XBox 360. MS seems to legitimately want to increase the value of XBox Live Gold and I was really hoping better sales were apart of that approach but if this week is any indication, it seems they have gone back to their normal lame sales. Deus Ex & Just Cause 2 yet again? I swear I have seen these games on sale at least 5 times this last year. Meanwhile there are hundreds of Xbox Live Arcade games that have never been on sale. Disappointing!
They never have good deals during Summer of Arcade. I hope we get some good XBLA sales after SoA is done.

I agree that the sales have been better the last few months. However, i don't believe the sales are increasing the value of gold at all. In my opinion, all the good sales have been open to all. I can't remember a gold only sale (dotw) that has been really great in quite a while. This weeks dotw is a great example. Look at el shaddai. It was actually cheaper previously in a sale that was open to all then it is this week for gold subscribers. Seems ass backwards to me.

damn, that stinks. i'm gonna try and wait it out too. i hope the beta gets released soon, i suppose i'll just wait on charlie murder and try to share TMNT when that comes out as well, maybe it'll be out by then.

from my friends description, isn't the beta dash almost exactly the same anyway? he said the only notable difference in the dash was the switch in currency. why would that take so long >_<
Other than that damn currency change, yeah its pretty much the exact same. Kinda regret getting into to this damn beta.

I agree that the sales have been better the last few months. However, i don't believe the sales are increasing the value of gold at all. In my opinion, all the good sales have been open to all. I can't remember a gold only sale (dotw) that has been really great in quite a while. This weeks dotw is a great example. Look at el shaddai. It was actually cheaper previously in a sale that was open to all then it is this week for gold subscribers. Seems ass backwards to me.
Well, we will just agree to disagree as I have purchased more items from the Gold only sales the last 6 months than I did the previous 2 years combined. Their sales used to be nothing short of atrocious and I have seen a big difference as of late, for both the gold only sales and the silver & gold sales. Basically, I have seen a noticeable difference across the board. I also consider the free games that MS is now giving out with the gold subscription as an extension of sales. Technically its a giveaway and not a sale but I view them all in one big lump sum (you can call them sales, deals or incentives) and overall, I definitely feel I am getting far more value from my Gold account than I ever have before.

Hopefully the previous posters are correct in that the noticeable decline in the quality of the sales can be attributed to the Summer of Arcade and when its over, things will return back to the way they have been lately.

PLEASE DELETE, I POSTED IN WRONG THREAD. SORRY.

I apologise if this has been answered in this thread, but has anyone heard anything about WWE WrestleFest for XBLA? My understanding was that it was completely finished right before THQ went under. I'm assuming 2K Games owns the finished game, but it's never mentioned.

I thought maybe it would be a pre order bonus or part of a collector's edition, but nothing has been said since it was "Coming Soon" & then THQ goes under.

I know this is an "are we there yet" type of question, but does anyone know about when the next game (DR2 and Case 0) will pop up for free?  I am just trying to jump the download if it goes up before I sleep.  Thanks in advance and sorry if it the question is noobish.

I know this is an "are we there yet" type of question, but does anyone know about when the next game (DR2 and Case 0) will pop up for free? I am just trying to jump the download if it goes up before I sleep. Thanks in advance and sorry if it the question is noobish.
It'll probably be active in 4-5 hours

Erm, so last day for crackdown 2. Is there any way to download it without inputting credit card info? Dont want that tied to my xbox account.

Erm, so last day for crackdown 2. Is there any way to download it without inputting credit card info? Dont want that tied to my xbox account.
It's not Crackdown 2, it's 1, and just go to it and download it, you don't have to have a credit card tied to your account to make purchases

Actually I figured it out. Its the same way you use MSP before to buy games. Press X. Yay

Not sure Ill ever get around to crackdown.. but free is free.

Actually excited about dead rising 2 though, Ive been waiting to get that one cheap, and free is pretty cheap IMO!

Actually I figured it out. Its the same way you use MSP before to buy games. Press X. Yay

Not sure Ill ever get around to crackdown.. but free is free.

Actually excited about dead rising 2 though, Ive been waiting to get that one cheap, and free is pretty cheap IMO!
You should "get around to crackdown". It's a great openworld game with tons to do. Once you beef your agent up, it gets really fun

I know this is an "are we there yet" type of question, but does anyone know about when the next game (DR2 and Case 0) will pop up for free? I am just trying to jump the download if it goes up before I sleep. Thanks in advance and sorry if it the question is noobish.
You could probably get away with downloading the Case Zero trial version then purchasing the full version when it goes live for free. That would unlock your trial version into the full version.

I'm pretty sure the update is going live for everyone on the 23rd.

That's the date the points/currency conversion will happen according to the GFWL facebook page, so I'm guessing that's the rollout date for the whole update.

I tried the demo for Brothers...

My brain doesn't work that way.  The game looks good, seems interesting and well made.  Apparently just not for me.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back