XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well crap. Good thing I haven't used the dollar thing much then, . Guess I'll have to give up on using it altogehter if that's going to be the case

Urg I hate how the bulk of their sales are for Gold memebers only. I don't really play online multiplayer so it's stupid to have to pay them to get a discount for the dlc of the week.
but you can use internet explorer if you have a gold subscription man! the value of having the entire internet accessible in your home :p

Throw some more salt on the wound: RROD. It didn't stop people from buying multiple consoles, and that was a even wider range of people that were effected. Lots of people we're willing to spend another $300+ to re-buy consoles... multiple times.

they obviously don't have the money to hire competent computer programmers who can keep their games from being accessed by thousands of users for free, so i think they do need some more money. unless they truly prefer to pay people to sit around and ban accounts of customers and lock them out of hundreds of dollars of their content instead of spending that money to fix their own clearly broken infrastructure.

regardless if you think the bans are 'fair' for some asenine reason, the judgement is all over the place as i said. some users a console ban, some lose their main GT, and there's no order to it at all. NONE. MS clearly lacks a unified infrastructure and rule system. it's like arresting 10 people for shoplifting, putting them in a circle around a blindfolded guy with a shotgun and letting him dole out justice. the company's right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. that's not the kind of companies i want to help support in any business in life.

sure my money lost won't hurt MS in any appreciable wa,y but if i start spending all my gaming money on valve's service i'll surely have a lot more money in my own pocket. and that's one thing i can thank MS for, making that an easier decision.
Actually a better analogy? They take 10 people who shoplifted... and lock the doors of the store from them...

I know they say any publicity is good publicity, but this is a terrible way to get people to buy their new system. What if you were caught going 5 mph over the speed limit and your car maker came and ripped out the engine. Then said, by the way, we fucked up your car but the new model is coming out next month, come get it. Would you want to buy another car from them?

I certainly wouldn't trust Microsoft if I had 400k+ gamer score and all of it was taken away because of one stupid mistake that was partially Microsoft's fault. Nobody here is squeaky clean. I agree people should be taught a lesson, but many are first time offenders and this is definitely not the best way to teach them a lesson.

Trolls keep saying, "nobody will learn if they aren't banned". Well obviously almost all of us have learned not to do this again. No need to permaban.
Well you know in your terrible analogy you forget to mention that the engine is comprised of parts illegally imported from Oman. You deserved it.

Actually, the engine would be the hardware, and If we had tampered with the hardware then we would deserve permabans.

The games are gas, which Microsoft marked as free and we imported at the price they marked it as.

They fucked up, we fucked up. I'm not saying we are innocent and shouldn't be punished, its the level of punishment people are upset about.

You probably think all crimes deserve the same punishment. Death to that thief!!

"deny access to the games"... Thats like saying HEY you snuck into this movie theater and watched this movie! Well we are just gonna tell you to close your eyes. You seem to not understand... The game is ON YOUR HARD DRIVE, with full ability to play it. They can deny access to the ONLINE, but not the OFFLINE. It is reasonable to assume you would be banned from a theater for sneaking in over and over, even if the door was unlocked, and you saw a bunch of OTHER people doing it. Microsoft made the decision when they banned the people they did "We no longer want your buisness". They make MASSIVE money, if people get banned and decide "oh well I will show them! No more buying from them anymore" it really doesn't hurt them.
The problem with this analogy and others is that there's the presumption that was a one time interaction with the company, as if I went to the theatre for the first time to sneak into a movie. many, if not all of us put in a lot of money, more than your average COD/Netflix user on Xbox, and so the company's essentially cutting down some of the most loyal customers who have paid at least a multiple of $100 in marketplace content. I understand banning the account that DL'ed the game, banning the console is unnecessary. Usually banning the console deals with using hacks or other means of breaking the market, not for people who took advantage of a glitch in the system. I understand having the game on the HD means no means of deleting it, but if they corrupt save files only to run on the banned console, MS can't corrupt the game itself? Another problem with your analogy is that Microsoft has means of knowing your every move on XBL while movie theatres only have a guard to make sure you have a ticket. Being caught watching a movie you sneaked in seems to be more appropriate because the theatre can't keep watching you to see if you're in check.

Keep the discussion on the free Gold games.  Do not discuss the bans here.  There's a whole thread dedicated to it in the Xbox forum.

I don't remember what Activision uses to put on sale in it's offers, but I'd like to see a Cabela's game on sale.

I don't remember what Activision uses to put on sale in it's offers, but I'd like to see a Cabela's game on sale.
I think they had a sale about this time last year. I remember a bunch of Call of Duty DLC being on sale, as well as Assault Heroes, the two Prototype games and some Transformers stuff.

I am debating bioshock Infinite. 20 is a good price, but I can wait with my backlog. Decisions.
I picked it up. It was $15 used through Gamefly however.

I don't think MSRP of $20 is out of the question by say January. Seems like It's pretty much $30 or less everywhere.

It was the highest rated 360 game this year till GTA came out, so that puts it at the top of my list. If you want to go the real cheap route Redbox still rents it out and you can beat it in 15-20 hours, basically some very long sessions over 2-3 days which is cheaper. That's about $6+ tax to go that route. But I've owned and loved all the Bioshock games, two included.

I am debating bioshock Infinite. 20 is a good price, but I can wait with my backlog. Decisions.
If you only care about the story, rent from Redbox if they still have. On normal difficulty, you can finish it in under 6 hours. If you want to do everything the game has to offer, you'd probably want to buy it.

I picked it up. It was $15 used through Gamefly however.

I don't think MSRP of $20 is out of the question by say January. Seems like It's pretty much $30 or less everywhere.

It was the highest rated 360 game this year till GTA came out, so that puts it at the top of my list. If you want to go the real cheap route Redbox still rents it out and you can beat it in 15-20 hours, basically some very long sessions over 2-3 days which is cheaper. That's about $6+ tax to go that route. But I've owned and loved all the Bioshock games, two included.
The main reason I want to pick it up is 'cause I'd actually want to play and finish it before the GOTY discussions. I might just grab it also because money tied to a console is just money sitting there.

I snagged Bioshock: Infinite and am LOVING it. I finished BS1 back in the day, but had never finished (or played very much at all) BS2. Now I think I'm going to buy BS2 on GoD this week just so I can play it through.

If you only care about the story, rent from Redbox if they still have. On normal difficulty, you can finish it in under 6 hours. If you want to do everything the game has to offer, you'd probably want to buy it.
Wow. 6 hours would be quite the speed run. I would say 10-12 is more realistic. Just a second opinion.

Does anyone have any experience with Zeno Clash? I know no one that has ever played it. Will probably just get the Tiny Tina DLC with bing points but I'm curious about whether Zeno Clash has much to offer.

I think they had a sale about this time last year. I remember a bunch of Call of Duty DLC being on sale, as well as Assault Heroes, the two Prototype games and some Transformers stuff.
Hmm... ok, thanks. Idk, maybe I might consider Transformers FOC if it's cheap enough, but I own the first one on retail and didn't play it yet. I'm not interested in CoD's.

Hmm... ok, thanks. Idk, maybe I might consider Transformers FOC if it's cheap enough, but I own the first one on retail and didn't play it yet. I'm not interested in CoD's.
No problem. Not a CoD fan myself. I even got rid of Far Cry 3 recently because the control scheme was basically CoD and I don't enjoy that style. Oh, and it looks like a couple of the Cabela's games will be on sale pre-owned at Gamestop this week. (Alaskan Adventure and Dangerous Hunts 2009)

Better Analogy:

I spend ~$50 at my favorite restaurant 2-3 times a week. After patronizing them thusly over the course of 5 years, one day I tell them I have a coupon for a free dinner. When it comes time to settle up, I pull out the coupon, the manager discovers it says "for use at Main St. location only." I'm at the Elm St location, which is the one I usually go to. I have no cash or credit on me. Does the manager ban me, one of his most frequent customers from the store over this? Or does he assure me that it's okay and just to check the location on the coupon first next time?

Does anyone have any experience with Zeno Clash? I know no one that has ever played it. Will probably just get the Tiny Tina DLC with bing points but I'm curious about whether Zeno Clash has much to offer.
its short and weird, if the idea of punchint weirdo looking people/aliens sounds appealing, may be worth the discount. But Tiny Tina trumps it for sure, best dlc of the game i thought.

its short and weird, if the idea of punchint weirdo looking people/aliens sounds appealing, may be worth the discount. But Tiny Tina trumps it for sure, best dlc of the game i thought.
Just finished my run of Tiny Tina's DLC and you are absolutely right. It is the best DLC for Borderlands 2. I'm an old school D&D geek and there were plenty of nods to that and other RPGs to be amusing while also adding in some pretty good missions/quests. And of course it's always good to get new enemies to fight after slaughtering bandits, loaders and skags for hours upon hours and multiple difficulty playthroughs.

Better Analogy:

I spend ~$50 at my favorite restaurant 2-3 times a week. After patronizing them thusly over the course of 5 years, one day I tell them I have a coupon for a free dinner. When it comes time to settle up, I pull out the coupon, the manager discovers it says "for use at Main St. location only." I'm at the Elm St location, which is the one I usually go to. I have no cash or credit on me. Does the manager ban me, one of his most frequent customers from the store over this? Or does he assure me that it's okay and just to check the location on the coupon first next time?
Better analogy:

I spend ~$50 at my favorite restaurant 2-3 times a week. After patronizing them thusly over the course of 5 years, I find a coupon that gives me a free dinner, but it's for the other restaurant. Since the waiter doesn't notice, I come back 5 or 6 times and eat for free over and over until one night the manager sees me doing it. The manager knows that, at this point, even though I sometimes bought more than 1 meal and bought a lot of meals before I found the free dinner coupon, I've cost him $200 or $300 by doing something that I knew wasn't right, but it had been overlooked to now. Does he ban me or let me continue to come in, knowing that he's always going to have to watch what I'm doing to make sure I don't steal from him again. I'd ban me.

Add to this that this particular restaurant serves 48 million people that do what they should, and only a few thousand have ripped me off with this free meal deal...

Better analogy:

I spend ~$50 at my favorite restaurant 2-3 times a week. After patronizing them thusly over the course of 5 years, I find a coupon that gives me a free dinner, but it's for the other restaurant. Since the waiter doesn't notice, I come back 5 or 6 times and eat for free over and over until one night the manager sees me doing it. The manager knows that, at this point, even though I sometimes bought more than 1 meal and bought a lot of meals before I found the free dinner coupon, I've cost him $200 or $300 by doing something that I knew wasn't right, but it had been overlooked to now. Does he ban me or let me continue to come in, knowing that he's always going to have to watch what I'm doing to make sure I don't steal from him again. I'd ban me.

Add to this that this particular restaurant serves 48 million people that do what they should, and only a few thousand have ripped me off with this free meal deal...
You should read the thread before continuing this discussion since a mod has asked that all talk on this topic cease immediately.

Better Analogy:

I'd make you wash dishes, and enough with the talk about bans and ban related analogies, back to the lackluster deals. ;)

Yeah Redbox short rental times can speed up a play through. 10-12 sounds right if you take your time exploring.
I ruined my AC: Revelations playthrough because I got it from Redbox. I was too concerned with the rental time and not enough with enjoying the game, regardless of how it was received. I don't think I'm a rental kind of guy since I play when I feel like it.

Now, back to planning out when I should play Infinite...

Finally. This thread shoulda been renamed Whinyassgamer.
it could still be renamed that since youre whining right now
124uf02.png

You should read the thread before continuing this discussion since a mod has asked that all talk on this topic cease immediately.
In fairness, CAG might do the worst job ever at denoting people moderators. No different colored names or moderator sigs. Just one line under their avatars. Can't blame people for not even knowing he was a mod at first glance

Thanks for the feedback on bioshock infinite. I would do redbox if I could sit more than 2 hours at a time, my family prevents this. I may bite. I was waiting for the 15 price point, but it sounds like for twenty I won't be dissapointed.

Thanks for the feedback on bioshock infinite. I would do redbox if I could sit more than 2 hours at a time, my family prevents this. I may bite. I was waiting for the 15 price point, but it sounds like for twenty I won't be dissapointed.
...and I have to say. I'm starting to really like buying games on demand. Kind of nice not to have to put in a disc. If they could do more deals like this and like the Forza Horizon deals and Borderlands 2 deals, so that they're close or better than retail sales, I'd buy a heck of a lot more.

I really think Infinite will be hitting $20 retail soon (well it already has, I bought it for $15 from Gamefly) so I don't think $20 on GoD is that great of a deal.  It's a very good game, but besides the upcoming DLC, there's not a ton of replayability either.  

Also, if you buy it retail and ever get your account banned, you can still play and resell the retail version.  I'm SO happy that I never bought a Games on Demand game over $5.  Already made close to $200 reselling a bunch of retail Xbox games I don't plan on playing anymore since I was banned.

Has anyone else been enjoying Ascend like I have?

Its still in a beta form and has a lot that needs polishing, but overall I've been having a nice time with it. Then again I am a sucker for any kind of grind for items and unlockables. With co-op, actual pvp, and an endless dungeon in the works and on the way I'm actually really digging a free to play game for once. And I don't feel at a disadvantage for not investing in the microtransactions, which is a first.

Has anyone else been enjoying Ascend like I have?

Its still in a beta form and has a lot that needs polishing, but overall I've been having a nice time with it. Then again I am a sucker for any kind of grind for items and unlockables. With co-op, actual pvp, and an endless dungeon in the works and on the way I'm actually really digging a free to play game for once. And I don't feel at a disadvantage for not investing in the microtransactions, which is a first.
I really enjoyed sending monsters into other peoples' worlds. Used up all my souls on the spells that let you do this, so I'm a little afraid if I continue I'll have all my gear break. I was also a little discouraged when I got my ass kicked by the 1st "hard" enemy. Would be nice if we could roll *cough*DS*cough*

I really enjoyed sending monsters into other peoples' worlds. Used up all my souls on the spells that let you do this, so I'm a little afraid if I continue I'll have all my gear break. I was also a little discouraged when I got my ass kicked by the 1st "hard" enemy. Would be nice if we could roll *cough*DS*cough*

Yeah cursing is fun. You can also bless and pass over 30 min buffs.

As for rolling, right trigger + x. Its a dash, not a roll, but it serves the same function. It seems a little awkward and unfluid at first, but after a bit of play I've been flowing like water raking in massive combo chains without getting hit. This also drastically helps with your soul accumulation as every 10 hits in the chain increases the soul multiplier.

Blocking is also your friend. It doesn't break the chain and you don't have to be facing the enemy to successfully block. If you want to rake in some truly ridiculous chain multipliers try using a weaker weapon than what's on par with your level. The longer the enemies take to kill, the more hits they take thus increasing your potential soul multiplier to delicious levels.

It has never been on sale, and it is the only paid DLC that gives achievements.
im p sure you have to buy other promo cars to have enough ferraris, lamborghinis etc in the game for the 1000 club achievements. i hope it goes on sale as i do really want dem sega rally cars but 20 bux is crazy

Not sure if this is the deal thread or not, no one is talking about the deals. So this week was decent. Bought Borderlands 1 (had a GOTY code I jacked from GameStop years ago for the DLC), and BioShock 1 (Obtaining the Ultimate Rapture DLC so I can get the PS3-exclusive challenge rooms), while maintaining a healthy Xbox account balance. Looking forward to the Activision sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back