XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cage017']To answer Cancerman's question, delight. This gives me a reason to renew my Gold account.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you'd be renewing Gold. (Maybe to play these games online?) However, all these GoD sales will be open to everyone, not just Gold members.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Not sure why you'd be renewing Gold. (Maybe to play these games online?) However, all these GoD sales will be open to everyone, not just Gold members.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was under the impression that this sale was only for Gold members. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='SCIENCEEE']So this is only for games, right? Not for related DLC or avatar items?[/QUOTE]

DLC is more likely than avatar items, but I don't think we'll be seeing either go on sale. None of the Halo Reach DLC has gone on sale yet and the game dropped over an hour ago.

The Wars and Reach price gives me hope though. I'll probably pick them both up. Funny that I owned both of them physically at one point and now I'll own them both digitally.

Disappointed to see that Wars only dropped to $10. That's no longer a $30 game, regardless of what MS thinks. Still, the 66% sale price gives me hope that I can get a decent game for $5.

What do you mean "only $10"? There are a lot of good titles in this sale and I'd imagine that most of them will be that price. This game is definitely worth a tenner - it's made by the guys who made Age of Empires so the pedigree is certainly there.

[quote name='whitereflection']What do you mean "only $10"? There are a lot of good titles in this sale and I'd imagine that most of them will be that price. This game is definitely worth a tenner - it's made by the guys who made Age of Empires so the pedigree is certainly there.[/QUOTE]

My complaint is more about its list price than its sale price. I don't hate seeing it at ten bucks, and I know it's worth that, but I'm disappointed because I was hoping it would cost less.

So I guess it's safe to assume they're going to have franchise days for Halo, Call of Duty, Resident Evil. What I see happening are publisher days for Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy games, others), and 2K (Darkness, Borderlands, Bioshock).
Also a Fighting Game day is likely since there are 9 titles that would qualify, so that would just leave some titles from Valve, Rockstar, and various other developers. Maybe they'll scatter those misc games through the week - I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

To be fair, majority of people on this site don't pay full price for points so it kinda balances out. Though I do hope Target does a half off 4000 points again soon. Like really soon.
[quote name='VVaffle']So I guess it's safe to assume they're going to have franchise days for Halo, Call of Duty, Resident Evil. What I see happening are publisher days for Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy games, others), and 2K (Darkness, Borderlands, Bioshock).
Also a Fighting Game day is likely since there are 9 titles that would qualify, so that would just leave some titles from Valve, Rockstar, and various other developers. Maybe they'll scatter those misc games through the week - I guess we'll just have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]
Or Rockstar games can be lumped with 2K since they own the company.

[quote name='bardockkun']Or Rockstar games can be lumped with 2K since they own the company.[/QUOTE]Yep that's true, a Take-Two day would cover both of those.

I'm thinking some of it's going to be on sale for the full week, with one day sales for franchises/publishers/new games.

My guess for single days:
Halo
Resident Evil
2K/Rockstar
CoD
Ubisoft
fighting games
Batman and/or Metal Gear

Everything else is fairly old, doesn't group well, or would be fine with a week long sale (Valve, Fallouts)

[quote name='Cleaner7']Eff this GoD sale I want to know what the DOTW is. :p

(I own most of the games on the list already.)[/QUOTE]
All the Gears of War 3 DLC (including season pass) is half off alongside GoW2: All Fronts pack and assorted Gears avatar gear is this week's DotW.

From what they wrote on the Sales & Specials page, some franchise games will be up for one-day-only sale while others will remain discounted all week long. They even put up a separate page for the latter: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/ultimate-game-sale-0226-0305

Quoting from the main page: "To kick it off, we've got 16 of the hottest Games on Demand on sale all week long, each one available for $4.99 or less."
I'm all over El Shaddai for $1! :lol:

[quote name='Junpei']From what they wrote on the Sales & Specials page, some franchise games will be up for one-day-only sale while others will remain discounted all week long. They even put up a separate page for the latter: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/ultimate-game-sale-0226-0305

Quoting from the main page: "To kick it off, we've got 16 of the hottest Games on Demand on sale all week long, each one available for $4.99 or less."
I'm all over El Shaddai for $1! :lol:[/QUOTE]

If El Shaddai is 400 msp, most likely it will be then, thats gravy yo. Good to see that there are more games on sale and not just Halo franchise today. I need some games to buy :)

[quote name='Junpei']From what they wrote on the Sales & Specials page, some franchise games will be up for one-day-only sale while others will remain discounted all week long. They even put up a separate page for the latter: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/ultimate-game-sale-0226-0305

I'm all over El Shaddai for $1! :lol:[/QUOTE]

The lowest any GoD has ever gotten was $4, though 85% could make something as low as $3.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']If El Shaddai is 400 msp, most likely it will be then, thats gravy yo. Good to see that there are more games on sale and not just Halo franchise today. I need some games to buy :)[/QUOTE]

Just noticed that El Shaddai is NOT available in Italy as a GoD, even though it supports Italian among other languages... that's crazy! :cold:
If I download it with an US account (and I hope the sale isn't Gold only), can I play it with my main account or do I have to do some fancy stuff like controller-swap as I do with XBLA games bought on other accounts?

[quote name='bardockkun']All the Gears of War 3 DLC (including season pass) is half off alongside GoW2: All Fronts pack and assorted Gears avatar gear is this week's DotW.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I already own the GOW3 season pass and GOW1/2 DLC.

Come on Scratch & Match!

I wish El Shaddai was available on EU Xbox Marketplaces. Will try to buy it with my US gamertag, but the chances to be region locked are really high. :(

DotW is meh. I'm done with these Gears games. Got enough from them.

[quote name='PenguinJim']El Shaddai, $2.99![/QUOTE]
fuck, and we don't have it in GoD format here in europe. Oh, well, I guess I won't be buying too many games. Mainly I'll get games for 400msp that I already have in disk format.

When I click on buy the price jumps to 19.99 (El Shaddai)... I'm in the US... hopefully this gets officially changed to 2.99 soon. Awesome price!

[quote name='Sath666']''This content is not available for consoles in your region.''

Didn't even allow me to get to transaction page. Ah well. It was the only game from the list that i have little interest.[/QUOTE]

If you've got a US 360 (the game is region-locked so you'll need NTSC-US hardware), you can log into the US account on your NTSC-US console and buy it using Paypal from anywhere in the world. WINK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not realize so many here did not have US 360 accounts.

When I changed to points it jumps to 480 ($6).

I guess I could just use my PayPal.

Be careful when purchasing these Games on Demand with Microsoft Points. Some of the conversions are not correct so I had to purchase with credit card and be charged tax..
I remember it being a pain trying to correct this last time when Midnight Club LA GoD was on sale.

[quote name='PenguinJim']If you've got a US 360 (the game is region-locked so you'll need NTSC-US hardware), you can log into the US account on your NTSC-US console and buy it using Paypal from anywhere in the world. WINK.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute... are GoD region locked too?? Well, guess I'll put up the 1600 US MSP card I've just bought for trade, then... :cry:

1234931504682.jpg

How do they work out the conversions from Cash to msp.
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X is $2.95 and is converted to 480 msp.
Call of Duarez is $4.95 and is converted to 440 msp.
How does that work?
The $2.95 one should be about half of the $4.95 one, not 40 msp.
This is on Australian marketplace also.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']El Shaddai is coming up as 480 when trying to buy with MS points but $2.99 buy price. Booooo[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am going to give them a few hours to sort this out. Seems like it is not working correctly.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Did not realize so many here did not have US 360 accounts.

When I changed to points it jumps to 480 ($6).

I guess I could just use my PayPal.[/QUOTE]

I used my paypal and it worked fine. Downloading now :)

I asked this last time this deal went on and I'll ask again

Why is this considered a huge sale? Do people actually think they are greeting a good deal or are they just looking to unload excessive MSP?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I asked this last time this deal went on and I'll ask again

Why is this considered a huge sale? Do people actually think they are greeting a good deal or are they just looking to unload excessive MSP?[/QUOTE]

$3 is a good deal for El Shaddai.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I am going to give them a few hours to sort this out. Seems like it is not working correctly.[/QUOTE]
I fully expect them to fix it by changing the $ price to $5.99. Careful now!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']El Shaddai is coming up as 480 when trying to buy with MS points but $2.99 buy price. Booooo[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I wanna use some of my MSP for this but only at a fair rate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back