XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Aus Marketplace prices.

Mortal Kombat vs. DCU - $4.95
STREET FIGHTER IV - $9.95
SUPER STREETFIGHTER IV ARCADE EDITION - $9.95
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 - $9.95
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII - $4.95

Just got KOF, awesome price.

checking other XBL marketplace, just saw many games were (or still are) cheap too in the mexican marketplace, just bought tomb raider and el shadai for 160 msp each, and MGS 2 & 3 HD for 440 msp.

So far I have bought from this sale:

Kane and Lynch
Grid
Orange Box
MK vs DC

I own left 4 dead 2 on disc so I wont get that and I have SSFIV Arcade on PSplus. Any other suggestions on some good games from this sale. I wont get any that are more than $10/800 points.

so my total comes to
el shaddai
bioshock
re cv
batman arkham asylum
fallout 3
civ rev
at least assuming I dont grab dmmm or rayman rr in a moment of weakness

Ok, question for you folks. I have only one fighting game - BlazBlue CS. I have to say I don't enjoy it too much. The game is fun, but I find it hard to pull of some of the moves, especially on my d-pad. I would love some fighter that is easy to grab, I would mostly play it solo or locally with my brother. Which one should I take?

KoFXIII seems too much like BlazBlue so I decided not to go for it.
MK vs DC is N/A here. MK is 15 USD. SSFIV is 10 USD. SF vs Tekken is 15, but I hate the policy for their DLC so that would be a no. Tekken 6 is 10 and Tekken Tag is 15.

I was thinking about MK, SSFIV and those two Tekken games. But...
Is Tekken Tag better than Tekken? Is SSFIV too hard to pick up (seems like that)? Currently MK Komplete is around 25 so if I wait for a discount, it will be cheaper even with DLC (don't have to have it right away). I might get two games out of the bunch. Which?
Thanks for your opinions.

if you arent a hardcore fighting fan(not liking KOF or blazblue or SF) then Tekken might be a mixed bag. Tekken however(both tag and 6) have a fairly a decent offline mode to mess with. so in that regard its ok. same with MK.

MK i would recommend. the combos are not somewhere between F-U and insane but the game isnt a cakewalk either although stick it on easy and it is lol.

Tekken you will probably get killed online as that game is very much hit the juggle combo of death and thats it. but if you play Tekken offline or with friends it isnt bad(provided they arent masters) and tekken tag 2 has an endless fighting mode for offline so you can just play that.

if i i had to guess Mk and Tekken wouldnt be too bad for you then. as for which tekken is better? well 6 has a story mode to play through tag doesnt. Tag however has that infinite offline fighting mode and a more limited character customizer(although it has what 60 characters?) tag has a better character customizer and your offline rank is limited to 1st dan unlike tag which seperates offline and online rank so offline can go to the max rank.

honestly im not a hardcore fighting fan although i do enjoy them and Tag and 6 and Mk are fun enough for me. so is DOA and Soul Calibur. id like to play them more but holy hell the backlog. while a lot of fighting fans crap on DOA i love it. and regardless of the versions of MK i always enjoy that.

MK, DOA, and Soul are a little easier to jump into
Tekken if it was solely online would be a nightmare to jump into but it having a decent offline mode saves it
then we have SF,KOF, and blue blaze which are just nightmares to even fathom.

My list:

Rayman: Raving Rabbids
El Shaddai
Dead Island
Left 4 Dead 2
Mortal Kombat v D.C.
Metal Gear Solid 2&3 HD

And I'm stuck 40 points short of having another $10 to throw at Tekken 6...

Not too bad, though.

Meh, just KOF13 for me since that's the only time I can think of where KOF13 has sunk below the $15 mark plus everything else I either own or can wait for cheaper.

MK Vs. DCU for $5 Vs. Mortal Kombat Reboot Komplete Edition for $16: FIGHT!

I've never played MKVs.DCU; is the clearance bin vagabond anywhere near as entertaining as the award-winning reboot? No online play will be had, mostly just single-player. I enjoyed the reboot when I Redboxed it, but not enough to warrant a purchase for > $10.

As a jumping point, I've wasted 400msp on Deadliest Warrior Legends: to date the only XBLA game I've permanently deleted from my HDD with no intention of ever re-DL'ing...after playing it for 10 minutes and thankfully no achievements. I would assume MKvDCU would be a better investment than that.

Also: I haven't bought jack squat from this sale yet (bought disc $11 El Shaddai 1 day before $3 madness hit) so I'm kinda sorta looking for something to get on the last day to remember it by.

MK vs DCU feels clunky, even when it first came out it felt clunky and slow and the storyline is totally passable. If you have MK2011 just stick with that because once you play that and try and go back to MK vs DCU you'll see alot more problems.

[quote name='kayne2000']if you arent a hardcore fighting fan(not liking KOF or blazblue or SF) then Tekken might be a mixed bag. Tekken however(both tag and 6) have a fairly a decent offline mode to mess with. so in that regard its ok. same with MK.

MK i would recommend. the combos are not somewhere between F-U and insane but the game isnt a cakewalk either although stick it on easy and it is lol.

Tekken you will probably get killed online as that game is very much hit the juggle combo of death and thats it. but if you play Tekken offline or with friends it isnt bad(provided they arent masters) and tekken tag 2 has an endless fighting mode for offline so you can just play that.

if i i had to guess Mk and Tekken wouldnt be too bad for you then. as for which tekken is better? well 6 has a story mode to play through tag doesnt. Tag however has that infinite offline fighting mode and a more limited character customizer(although it has what 60 characters?) tag has a better character customizer and your offline rank is limited to 1st dan unlike tag which seperates offline and online rank so offline can go to the max rank.

honestly im not a hardcore fighting fan although i do enjoy them and Tag and 6 and Mk are fun enough for me. so is DOA and Soul Calibur. id like to play them more but holy hell the backlog. while a lot of fighting fans crap on DOA i love it. and regardless of the versions of MK i always enjoy that.

MK, DOA, and Soul are a little easier to jump into
Tekken if it was solely online would be a nightmare to jump into but it having a decent offline mode saves it
then we have SF,KOF, and blue blaze which are just nightmares to even fathom.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I bought MK in the end. Just cos I realized out of them all I want to play it the most (childhood memories and all). Might jump on some of them during some other sale.

Does super street fighter 4 arcade edition come with the arcade edition dlc?

So far have downloaded
Max Payne 3
Civilisation revolution
King of fighters XIII
Resident evil code Veronica
Metal gear solid hd
Metal gear peacewalker
Left 4 dead 2

Debating
Mk v dc universe
Super street fighter 4 arcade edition

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Does super street fighter 4 arcade edition come with the arcade edition dlc?[/QUOTE]
If you're talking about the four extra characters and balance updates that make up the difference between SSF4 and SSF4:AE, yes.

[quote name='Lemstar']If you're talking about the four extra characters and balance updates that make up the difference between SSF4 and SSF4:AE, yes.[/QUOTE]

I wondered why the game was called Arcade Edition and not just Super Street Fighter IV. ;)

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Should I get Dirt 2 if I'm planning on getting Dirt 3?[/QUOTE]

If the price is convenient to you, do it. I found Dirt3 just like a regular and conventional racing game. However, I spent lots of hours enjoying rallying in Dirt2, better music, better feeling, better campaign design, better multiplayer, better game.

[quote name='Metalepic']am i the only one surprised at Tekken Tag 2 being only 20??
I gotta grab that one up[/QUOTE]

No, you are not. It's pretty good deal, went from 65 USD all the way down to 15 USD. Good deal.

[quote name='Dthib87']When my hard drive broke I used SanDisk cruzers. SanDisk makes the Microsoft version also so don't spend extra money on an Xbox paintjob. Couldn't tell the difference in load times compared to HD and they are cheap. Newegg has them for 20$, most I would pay.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lemstar']If you're talking about the four extra characters and balance updates that make up the difference between SSF4 and SSF4:AE, yes.[/QUOTE]

Sooo we can get the Arcade Edition dlc achievements? :eek:

Got

Orange Box $10
Resident Evil 4 $10
Resident Evil CVX $5
Orange Box $10

Used my points cards from the Target Black Friday glitch :)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Sooo we can get the Arcade Edition dlc achievements? :eek:[/QUOTE]

The extra achievements are tied to the four extra characters introduced in AE. If those characters are selectable for you, then you can get those achievements.

Not to dissuade anyone from a purchase, but just for the record, there's no way to legitimately get a 1000/1000 on the Raving Rabbids achievements. The way I understand it is that you're awarded an achievement for getting 183,000 points across all minigames, but that you can't actually accrue that many points.

[quote name='Envel']Got

Orange Box $10
Resident Evil 4 $10
Resident Evil CVX $5
Orange Box $10

Used my points cards from the Target Black Friday glitch :)[/QUOTE]

Orange Box is such a great deal you bought it twice?

Trying to decide between Virtua Fighter 5 or Virtua Fighter FS, any opinions? I don't care about playing online much. FS seems like it would be more possible for me to complete, how much of a time sink is it to get every achievement in Virtua Fighter 5 (not FS)? FS definitely seems like its doable to get 400/400 in, almost too quickly.

[quote name='mikeja72']Trying to decide between Virtua Fighter 5 or Virtua Fighter FS, any opinions? I don't care about playing online much. FS seems like it would be more possible for me to complete, how much of a time sink is it to get every achievement in Virtua Fighter 5 (not FS)? FS definitely seems like its doable to get 400/400 in, almost too quickly.[/QUOTE]

FS is the definitive version. You should be able to get all the achievements in it in an hour or two; you're right, they're extremely easy to complete.

[quote name='vantheman']That's nice to hear they extended the sale prices. Will give me more time to keep from having impulse purchases. Traded in LFD2 to GameStop for 27 today and bought it again for 800 MSP.[/QUOTE]
Aargh. I wish I would've seen your post in time yesterday before Gamestop's 50% bonus credit ended to do the same thing. Now it would be worth only $17 trade-in instead of $25.50 (before 10% PUR bonus). I guess Gamestop doesn't have any other bonus offers right now? Would people recommend I hold off trading in L4D2 until Gamestop has another 50% bonus offer or is the $17 base trade-in value likely to decline? I don't suppose there's a trade-in tracking vs. time graph for games like there is for Amazon with camelcamelcamel.com to know if the price is stable or declining?

I have the old Super Street Fighter IV for X360. I wish I could get my $10 back on that and use it towards the Arcade Edition @ 800 points which is apparently a bit better. Unfortunately its trade-in value is non-existent.

I also have Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe unopened for PS3. I don't even see a trade-in value listed for that, so I suppose there's no way to get $5-$10 for it and buy it on XBL for 400 points?

$10 for SSFIV:AE retail is actually a very competitive price. Why buy vanilla SFIV at all? Speaking of vanilla, that's the MK version on "sale" for $20; the Komplete Edition is still $16 (minus tax/shipping) on Amazon, unless digital is a big deal for you.

[quote name='mikeja72']Trying to decide between Virtua Fighter 5 or Virtua Fighter FS, any opinions? I don't care about playing online much. FS seems like it would be more possible for me to complete, how much of a time sink is it to get every achievement in Virtua Fighter 5 (not FS)? FS definitely seems like its doable to get 400/400 in, almost too quickly.[/QUOTE]

If you're not interested in online at all or the two new characters - well, one is returning from older games in the series - then the original VF5 has more single-player content. The achievements in VF5 FS are very easy to get while the achievements in original VF5 takes some grinding. The other main difference is in VF5 FS, it has trials you can do in a fight, like "Throw opponent three times before KOing him" whereas regular VF5 has you going around arcades to fight opponents and unlock costume pieces. (Similar to Tekken's ghost battle mode.) In VF5 FS, there are no extra costumes at all unless you buy them with real money.

So far this week I have picked up:
Star Wars Pinball
Left 4 Dead 2
El Shaddai
Gears of War RAAM's Shadow (Might actually convince me to finish GOW3)

I'm officially down to 310 points after I bought 16000 points on Black Friday. I might pick up Dark Messiah but that will take up a lot of my hard drive. Has anyone had any experiences with playing GoD games off of a thumb drive?

Got my Bing rewards points in and picked up King of Fighters for 160 off the Hungarian marketplace. Best deal of the sale. Now I just have to download it when I get home. Assuming I can find the space! Good thing it's only about 2GB, quite small for a GoD.

My Haul:

L4D2 and MK vs DC. Already had 400 points on my account,so $10 for both was great. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was the ultimate sale, but it was a great one (even if I only bought 2 games). As for MK vs DC, if you have played/own Mortal Kombat, playing this one will def. be frustrating since it was released back in 08.

I haven't bought anything yet, but I just sold my MK vs DC on amazon, so I'm going to re-buy it tonight, along with Rayman Rabbids, El Shaddai (still trying to sell my disc version, it's not going so well), and probably either Grid or Dirt. Oh and that Redbull Kinect Crashed Ice game.

Doesn't look like I'll be getting anything this time. Might get L4D2 since I can't play it on Steam.

I was so close to picking up Borderlands the other day. Decided not to since I already owned and finished the GOTY disc edition.

My haul:
Borderlands 2 $30
L4D2 $10
Fallout 3 $5
MK vs DC $5
Orange Box $10
Super Street Fighter 4 AE $10

Very happy with these choices... Back log will be set until the first price drop of the NextBox haha

Who buys SFIV when you can get the AE version for the same price? Nothing surprises me any more though....
A quick question. I may actually have some MSPs left over. Should I pick up Dirt 2 or Grid? I suck at racing games, so the less technical and more arcady the game the better. I basically boils down to: which is easier?

Haven't bought anything, but have a short list I may bite on:

Possibly Play:

King of Fighters XIII

Possibly Pass:

MK vs DCU - Looks like a novelty play and could be fun, but I think MK 9 spoiled me
GRID - Always enjoy racing games, but I have a lot of them as is.

Anything else I either already have or the disc is cheap enough where getting it on GOD isn't appealing.

[quote name='ooga']Who buys SFIV when you can get the AE version for the same price. [/QUOTE]

I have no idea how that happened. To me, it just proves that while we sit here thinking Microsoft has people that think out these pricing decisions based on the game, gamers and the market. It really does seem more like some clueless person in charge of pricing randomly does it.

As for why someone would buy it over the arcade edition? There's only one reason I can think of, they only play single player and don't have Live or don't use it. The original includes the old standard "play through to unlock" some fighters while the arcade edition is everyone is unlocked and mostly about multiplayer.

[quote name='ooga']Who buys SFIV when you can get the AE version for the same price? Nothing surprises me any more though....
A quick question. I may actually have some MSPs left over. Should I pick up Dirt 2 or Grid? I suck at racing games, so the less technical and more arcady the game the better. I basically boils down to: which is easier?[/QUOTE]

Different Achievement Lists...!

also I only got SFIV when it was released so I might jump on the Arcade Edition now =P still kinda dumb they had 3 versions of the same game hum only to tweak some things and add some characters hum

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Different Achievement Lists...!

also I only got SFIV when it was released so I might jump on the Arcade Edition now =P still kinda dumb they had 3 versions of the same game hum only to tweak some things and add some characters hum[/QUOTE]

Really? Are you sure? I was pretty sure AE uses the same stock achievement list and adds a few more to it since it's essentially a dlc. Anyone who goes through the cheeves twice must really really really love Street Fighter or have a man-crush on Ryu. ;)

[quote name='biledriver']I have no idea how that happened. To me, it just proves that while we sit here thinking Microsoft has people that think out these pricing decisions based on the game, gamers and the market. It really does seem more like some clueless person in charge of pricing randomly does it.

As for why someone would buy it over the arcade edition? There's only one reason I can think of, they only play single player and don't have Live or don't use it. The original includes the old standard "play through to unlock" some fighters while the arcade edition is everyone is unlocked and mostly about multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

It's not as simple as that. It's the same reason a small fountain soda will be $1.79 but a large soda double that size will be $1.99. No one who looks at both games is going to buy regular Street Fighter IV. They see SSFIV Arcade Edition and think that it's obviously the better deal. If you were on the fence about getting it, a good deal may be all you need to pull the trigger, and there is no doubt in my mind that they are selling more copies of SSFIV AE with regular SFIV also being offered on sale than if they just did the sale without offering SFIV at a "sale" price.

The other thing is that some people are just not aware that SSFIV AE exists or even prefer the original edition since "arcade editions" historically have less features than home conversions.

[quote name='ooga']Really? Are you sure? I was pretty sure AE uses the same stock achievement list and adds a few more to it since it's essentially a dlc. Anyone who goes through the cheeves twice must really really really love Street Fighter or have a man-crush on Ryu. ;)[/QUOTE]

Och, there is a lot of confusion in both XBL threads regarding all things Street Fighter. He is talking about regular Street Fighter IV, you are talking about Super Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.

[quote name='ooga']Really? Are you sure? I was pretty sure AE uses the same stock achievement list and adds a few more to it since it's essentially a dlc. Anyone who goes through the cheeves twice must really really really love Street Fighter or have a man-crush on Ryu. ;)[/QUOTE]
AE expanded the achievement list for Super SFIV. Regular SFIV (no super) has a different set of achievements.

[quote name='Bloomy']AE expanded the achievement list for Super SFIV. Regular SFIV (no super) has a different set of achievements.[/QUOTE]

Doh. My brain is trained to always put "super" out there since that's the version I own.

[quote name='Stephan123']Any prices of the hungarian marketplace???, maybe 160 msp for Max Payne 3?[/QUOTE]
Yes plenty if they work. Depends on your location and what country your xbox is from.

I have bought KOFXIII for 160msp and SFXTekken for 880msp and I'm from US with US xbox.
GRAW II, TCRainbow6, Bioshock, TombRaider, Civilization, Tekken Tag 2, Kane and Lynch, Call of Juarez, Dark Messiah, Darkness do not work. (There were more from the previous sales but that's all that's still on sale)
Word has it that orange box 400msp, fallout 3 160msp, L4D2 400 msp all work for US/US and Metal Gear games and Tekken 6 are NO go. Was going to try MK and SF4A but SFTekken took my points and not sure I want to try dumping the rest on there to test the others.

[quote name='Gore']Is there a "complete edition" of Tomb Raider Legend for console?

$20 for the dlc.[/QUOTE]
Only for the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back