XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't there a site that showed the price history of XBLA games? I thought I remember games being hyperlinked to it previously on this thread but now I can't seem to find it no matter how many Google/Bing queries I try. Thanks!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']How long do the "punches" take to show up for the 3200 pts/800 pts rebate?[/QUOTE]
From the Punchcard page:
It can take 3 – 5 days for a Punchcard activity to show as complete.

Nowhere does it say each game has to be 800 points. It's just dividing up the needed amount of points into 800 point chunks so you know where you stand. It's the same for the 20 hours punches.

The people saying it needs to be 4 x 800 MS points really need to read things more clearly before making such ridiculous statements that just confuse those cags who actually do read clearly.

"For every 800 Microsoft Points you spend on Arcade games, you'll get a punch." I honestly don't know how that isn't blatantly obvious and easy to comprehend?

[quote name='deadofnight']From descriptions I think the two punchcards that require purchases break down like this:

- Each 400+ MSP XBLA game you buy gets you a punch; four punches gets you 1-month Gold
- Every 800 MSP you spend gets you a punch; four punches gets you 800 MSP

The second punchcard does not say in the description they have to be 800 MSP games. It only says after spending 800 MSP on XBLA games you get one punch.

Though now I am wondering if games under 400 MSP don't count in this promotion at all. Meaning 200 MSP games won't count towards the 3200 MSP. But, they don't note that like they do with the 1-month Gold punchcard.

It took two days for me to get the punch for Bionic Commando. If most of you bought XBLA games when they went on sale yesterday then it might take another day to get the punches for those purchases. I only spent 400 MSP on April 1st, so I wasn't going to get a punch for the 3200 punchcard.

Also, the Avatar and 800 MSP punchcards might take longer to update since hours and MSP have to be tallied. The 1-month punchcard just has to see if you bought a 400+ MSP game.[/QUOTE]

this is how I interpreted it. Hopefully this is how it works;)

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Anyone have an opinion on BattleBlock Theater? I know it just came out today but some people on here mentioned they participated in a beta?[/QUOTE]

Very fun game. I bought it today but haven't had the chance to play it. I played the hell out of the beta, though. Controls are fluid, levels are vibrant, and it's just a good, fun platforming game. The game really shines when you have a co-op partner, but I had fun playing by myself as well.

It was an obvious buy for me, but I love Behemoth, so I might be a little biased.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Very fun game. I bought it today but haven't had the chance to play it. I played the hell out of the beta, though. Controls are fluid, levels are vibrant, and it's just a good, fun platforming game. The game really shines when you have a co-op partner, but I had fun playing by myself as well.

It was an obvious buy for me, but I love Behemoth, so I might be a little biased.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sold! Thanks for the suggestion. :applause:

[quote name='simmias']Do you like all-in fests, horrible AI, and games with no stakes whatsoever? Oh, and tournaments where ranking is based on how quickly you can fold your hand instead of chip count? Then Full House Poker is the game for you! And if you act now, you also get loads of unobtainable achievements, as well as connection issues aplenty.

Someone else mentioned there will be a free-to-play poker game in a few months as well. I'm pretty sure it's by the same people, so it will probably also suck, but at least it will finally cost what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Luckily I have not experienced any connection issues. I will say that the unobtainable achievements bother me but its not gonna stop me from playing the game. And The A.I is stupid but I didnt buy the game to play with A.I's so it does'nt really matter to me.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Luckily I have not experienced any connection issues. I will say that the unobtainable achievements bother me but its not gonna stop me from playing the game. And The A.I is stupid but I didnt buy the game to play with A.I's so it does'nt really matter to me.[/QUOTE]

Just beware that once the free one comes out with the WSOP license Full House will be a ghost town.

I Think if I wanted a poker game on XBL I'll just wait for Poker Night at the Inventory 2 from Telltale since it'll have Brock Samson (from Venture Bros.), Sam (from Sam and Max), GLaDOS, and other characters.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think if I wanted a poker game on XBL I'll just wait for Poker Night at the Inventory 2 from Telltale since it'll have Brock Samson (from Venture Bros.), Sam (from Sam and Max), GLaDOS, and other characters.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure it will have MP. And the next poker game will be f2p!

[quote name='im_dany']I'm not sure it will have MP. And the next poker game will be f2p![/QUOTE]
Did you not hear me when I said it has BROCK motherfucking SAMSON?! He straight up killed a guy who's finger was up his ass AND his partner as well! Hell, he tore off his hair and placed it on a shark and used that shark as a trap to tear off a man's head! BROCK SAMSON!

Happily snagged Marvel Avengers pinball set and Guardian Heroes. Already played all the new tables. They sure do a hell of a job with pinball.

[quote name='bardockkun']Did you not hear me when I said it has BROCK motherfucking SAMSON?! He straight up killed a guy who's finger was up his ass AND his partner as well! Hell, he tore off his hair and placed it on a shark and used that shark as a trap to tear off a man's head! BROCK SAMSON![/QUOTE]

Jeff Gertsmann said the AI in the first game was crap so I'll pass as well.

[quote name='marineal']I bought Mark of the Ninja. Should i get Deadlight or Dust next?[/QUOTE]

For the love of all that's good (and your mental sanity), pick Dust and forget about Deadlight's existence at all.

Picked up:
-Mercury Hg
-Pinball FX 2 Classic tables

I find of feel like a idiot though...For some reason, I had issues with getting Pinball FX 2 to work (Had to uninstall the original game's demo for FX2 to appear). Mercury Hg is also well worth the 200 MS Points.

[quote name='jasonkhowell']Picked up:
-Mercury Hg
-Pinball FX 2 Classic tables

I find of feel like a idiot though...For some reason, I had issues with getting Pinball FX 2 to work (Had to uninstall the original game's demo for FX2 to appear). Mercury Hg is also well worth the 200 MS Points.[/QUOTE]

I bought exactly the same things you bought, plus the PvZ table.

I never had a problem with Pinball FX2, but it seems people have trouble with it, you are not alone ;) a lot of people ask if they have to download only the table or if it's needed the core game.

Give it some time. It only showed up now that I left my 360 on for 5 hours in Darkstalkers Resurrection's training mode when I went out of town to do stuff on April 1st. Plus it states it'll take 3-5 days in order to appear. I'm just glad it shows the hours since that can be the hardest to keep track of.

Not too big on Poker, but that Telltale Games' Poker Night 2 looks alright. Plus each system has its own special unlockables. XBLA gets avatar awards (like a Portal test chamber & a Bloodwing from Borderlands 2), PSN gets XMB themes, and PC version gets TF2 hats. All versions also include Borderlands 2 bonuses as well.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Anyone play Skulls of a Shogun? Just saw that it had a price drop. (I know late to the game)[/QUOTE]

I really dug it. Good strategy aspect, good art style(graphics aren't really groundbreaking though), and the dialogue is pretty funny. My opinion of it was probably boosted a bit by the fact that I'm a windows phone user. You can load your save games on the phone and play it on the go. Exact same version across both platforms. It also has decent multiplayer, both local and online. Plus for online multi there are two options, live or turn based. Turn based allows you to have multiplayer matches with both Xbox players and phone players. It's the first such game to do that as far as I'm aware. I recommend supporting it just so we see more of this functionality in the future because it's pretty neat.

[quote name='marineal']I bought Mark of the Ninja. Should i get Deadlight or Dust next?[/QUOTE]
What Junpei said. Dust is fantastic. I'm about halfway through Deadlight, and it's dreadful. Achievements are laughably easy, though, if you're into that, and it's a 400 gamerscore game that will take you 4-5 hours max. But that's the only redeeming quality I can find with the game, and it's not a very compelling one.

[quote name='Zonic505']Give it some time. It only showed up now that I left my 360 on for 5 hours in Darkstalkers Resurrection's training mode when I went out of town to do stuff on April 1st. Plus it states it'll take 3-5 days in order to appear. I'm just glad it shows the hours since that can be the hardest to keep track of.[/QUOTE]

You should get a free Raptr account, it will track your gameplay time for you;)

Just a question: am I the only one trying to get the 20 hour punchcard without simply leaving my console on?

[quote name='simmias']Achievements are laughably easy, though, if you're into that, and it's a 400 gamerscore game that will take you 4-5 hours max.[/QUOTE]

They added an extra achievement on Steam: Tales of Glory, which requires you to complete Nightmare mode, unlocked upon finishing the game once.
Basically, Nightmare mode is identical to a normal playthrough: no stronger enemies, no reduced health, no new content. The only two differences are that Randall wears his
park ranger uniform
and all checkpoints are disabled, meaning that you must go through the game from start to end in one sitting... Tequila should have called it Nightmare FUEL mode...

Truth to be told, I dunno if saves between acts still works in Nightmare mode, but I was so burned out after completing it that I didn't want to touch it anymore, even with a 10-foot pole...

[quote name='ElPichi931']If I use the 2 week Gold Trial I got with Tomb Raider, will I be able to get Retro City Rampage at the sale price?[/QUOTE]

14 day trials don't count for sales, and a lot of games I've noticed (Halo will only let you play social) don't see you as gold:cry:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel'] Just a question: am I the only one trying to get the 20 hour punchcard without simply leaving my console on?[/QUOTE]

Not at all! Though I do leave it on anyway for small periods of time on occasion, I plan on whittling down my XBLA backlog.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']You should get a free Raptr account, it will track your gameplay time for you;)

Just a question: am I the only one trying to get the 20 hour punchcard without simply leaving my console on?[/QUOTE]Raptr sometimes tells me how long I've played, but it might take a while for it to figure out how long I played, especially with the pop-up informing me on my desktop.

& I'm doing about half each. I'm earning hours from the XBLA games I bought/will buy this month, then if I feel like it, might leave it on a certain XBLA game just to be safe. Better safe than sorry.

[quote name='Zonic505']Raptr sometimes tells me how long I've played, but it might take a while for it to figure out how long I played, especially with the pop-up informing me on my desktop.

& I'm doing about half each. I'm earning hours from the XBLA games I bought/will buy this month, then if I feel like it, might leave it on a certain XBLA game just to be safe. Better safe than sorry.[/QUOTE]

See I can't do that. I have an older xbox and to make it even worse, my wireless xbox router will discount randomly and crash the system. I plan on trying to play the walking dead, dust, sonic adventure/4, ms.spolsion man, and perhaps toy soldiers. I rather see what the avatar award is going to be, so I can rather play through my retail backlog.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']You should get a free Raptr account, it will track your gameplay time for you;)

Just a question: am I the only one trying to get the 20 hour punchcard without simply leaving my console on?[/QUOTE]

No, you are not alone. I'm playing Puzzle Quest and Trials evo, so the 20 hours will be easy.

im still looking at getting these

Deadlight
Retro City Rampage
Hydrophobia
and the Marvel and PvZ Pinball tables

also tempted by Renegade Ops but im not too sure on it

[quote name='Twista48']im still looking at getting these

Deadlight
Retro City Rampage
Hydrophobia
and the Marvel and PvZ Pinball tables

also tempted by Renegade Ops but im not too sure on it[/QUOTE]

Everyone is saying deadlight is crap. When I tried Hydrophobia, I couldn't figure out the frequency hacking mini game type of thing. There wasn't a tutorial for it, may go back and try it again.

Thank you guys for all the outpouring of love for Dust:AET, hope you enjoy the game :)

As for me, time to finally splurge on some tables for Pinball FX. Also, I know that Hydrophobia isn't amazing, but I picked it up on Steam and was disappointed with the replaced VO. I sort of want to get the original VO on the XBLA version.

ive noticed, I did like the trial for it though

and ill add to the love of Dust, im no that far in but that game really is fantastic

[quote name='Noogy']Thank you guys for all the outpouring of love for Dust:AET, hope you enjoy the game :)[/QUOTE]

Whoa, didn't ever realize that Noogy was on CAG... guess it's never too late to say thank you for such a wonderfully crafted game and, of course, for Jazz Jackrabbit! :applause:

And let's spread some love for ilomilo, as it's one of the best puzzle games on XBLA to date: I've spent countless hours with my missus browsing its lovely packed levels while racking our brains to solve them. I hope nobody has spoken too much about it because it has been on sale many times, thus everyone should already have downloaded his copy, but if you didn't then I highly recommend it!

I only snatched Quarrel from the current sale, since I own every other game that interested me... here's hoping that we'll see some more 400 points-and-up XBLA titles discounted before the end of the month (I'm looking especially at you two, Double Dragon Neon and Black Knight Sword), otherwise I may not be able to complete my punchcard...

12702-first-world-problems-template.jpg

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Just a question: am I the only one trying to get the 20 hour punchcard without simply leaving my console on?[/QUOTE]
Here's another who plans to play for the 20 hours. Hope to finish BioShock Infinite this weekend, then focus primarily on the XBLA backlog the rest of the month.

[quote name='Junpei']Whoa, didn't ever realize that Noogy was on CAG... guess it's never too late to say thank you for such a wonderfully crafted game and, of course, for Jazz Jackrabbit! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thank you :) Yeah, been here for ages, though not a big poster. Never let it be said my ass wasn't cheap.

[quote name='disilluzion']If I leave Ikaruga on pause while I'm at work, I should be able to get my 20 hours, plus get an extra continue for every hour, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='Noogy']Thank you guys for all the outpouring of love for Dust:AET, hope you enjoy the game :)

As for me, time to finally splurge on some tables for Pinball FX. Also, I know that Hydrophobia isn't amazing, but I picked it up on Steam and was disappointed with the replaced VO. I sort of want to get the original VO on the XBLA version.[/QUOTE]

And we hope you make more stuff ;)

[quote name='Junpei']

And let's spread some love for ilomilo, as it's one of the best puzzle games on XBLA to date: I've spent countless hours with my missus browsing its lovely packed levels while racking our brains to solve them. I hope nobody has spoken too much about it because it has been on sale many times, thus everyone should already have downloaded his copy, but if you didn't then I highly recommend it!
[/QUOTE]

I find it annoying that my inability to carry a tune is preventing me from unlocking the "easy" musician achievement. Love the game though. Pick up the dlc if you want more.

[quote name='Junpei']Whoa, didn't ever realize that Noogy was on CAG... guess it's never too late to say thank you for such a wonderfully crafted game and, of course, for Jazz Jackrabbit! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know about that connection at all. Cool! And I'll second the props for Noogy. Hey, you're a cool dude.

CGT has a pretty nice deal on 4000 MSP right now, so perhaps against my better judgment, I bit. Guardian Heroes, Trials Evo, and hell, even Puzzle Arcade will now be mine. I was gonna bite on Pool Nation too but was inspired to check my download history, and sure enough, there it was. So thanks to all of you that have consistently reminded others to look before they double-dip (or in at least one case, triple-dip).

1000 more points and I should be good to go for this 800 back promo...

I'll join in and say that Dust: An Elysian Tale is my GOTY for 2012. Here's hoping for a sequel!

[quote name='ooga']Yes[/QUOTE]

I thought Ikaruga's timer stopped while the game is paused. You're sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back