XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm just gonna wait for Poker Night 2 which hopefully will be 800msp or less hopefully, but doubtful. And then one more game that I can't decide.

I bought Geo Wars 2 which is pretty fun, anyone that doesn't have it, grab it, it's easily worth 200msp

So that should leave me with 1 more game to buy for my punchcard and 1,400msp to spend

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']I guess I'm just gonna wait for Poker Night 2 which hopefully will be 800msp or less hopefully, but doubtful. And then one more game that I can't decide.

I bought Geo Wars 2 which is pretty fun, anyone that doesn't have it, grab it, it's easily worth 200msp

So that should leave me with 1 more game to buy for my punchcard and 1,400msp to spend[/QUOTE]

Someone said the steam version is $5, so HOPEFULLY the XBLA price is the same. The lack of online play would def. be a reason to NOT cost more than $5

[quote name='bajingo']Someone said the steam version is $5, so HOPEFULLY the XBLA price is the same. The lack of online play would def. be a reason to NOT cost more than $5[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have multiplayer? Well, there goes most of my interest in the game.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I actually played my Wii a lot, that one game just never really struck a chord with me (I only payed $10 or so so no big loss). I do agree though, it looks so much better on 360, and I do love the convenience. I will see what next weeks sales are if I can, before pulling the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Nuts to that. The only acceptable reasons not to buy Geometry Wars 2 at 200 points are if you're epileptic or you already bought it.

[quote name='hellhunde']It doesn't have multiplayer? Well, there goes most of my interest in the game.[/QUOTE]

I cannot confirm this, read it in comments from another thread about the steam version

[quote name='hellhunde']It doesn't have multiplayer? Well, there goes most of my interest in the game.[/QUOTE]

There's no multiplayer, it's mainly about the conversations and stuff with poker involved.

It's just you vs. the 4 characters

I'm pretty sure it does. It may even be cross-platform but I'm not too sure about that.

The point of Poker Night is that you're the fifth chair at a poker table with four characters, so MP doesn't really fit without removing the characters to make it just another poker game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The point of Poker Night is that you're the fifth chair at a poker table with four characters, so MP doesn't really fit without removing the characters to make it just another poker game.[/QUOTE]
What will be more interesting is the online sync required for BL2 to read another game's (Poker2) unlocks/achievements ... because the most likely answer will be Poker2 will have to be SHiFT-enabled.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The point of Poker Night is that you're the fifth chair at a poker table with four characters, so MP doesn't really fit without removing the characters to make it just another poker game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, I don't need another all-in-fest online poker game on XBLA.

Good point. Still stoked, maybe more so knowing I won't get creamed online.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Nuts to that. The only acceptable reasons not to buy Geometry Wars 2 at 200 points are if you're epileptic or you already bought it.[/QUOTE]

it does kinda hurt my eyes to be honest, but less so than the Wii version. I'm all but set on buying it, but I want to make sure there is something for 600 I can buy to finish off the punch card.

On a side note, tried Black Knight Sword, and will definitely pass. It was just way to weird for me, and kept reminding me of Madness Returns awful side scrolling levels:whistle2:# I Am Alive didn't do anything for me either, except remind me how bad Unreal Engine 3 can look (so much grain/fog, even if it's intended). Gotham City Imposters is downloading now, so if anyone wants to share thoughts on that.

I loved Gotham City Impostors and got all the cheevos. One of the best MP XBLA IMHO, but the fact that it was released at 1200MSP didn't help to get a large community.
I could easily find games months ago, the demo is 1 hour of online play and you'll see how it works.

[quote name='im_dany']I loved Gotham City Impostors and got all the cheevos. One of the best MP XBLA IMHO, but the fact that it was released at 1200MSP didn't help to get a large community.
I could easily find games months ago, the demo is 1 hour of online play and you'll see how it works.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I loved the demo, but I didn't think it was worth 1200 MSP.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Nuts to that. The only acceptable reasons not to buy Geometry Wars 2 at 200 points are if you're epileptic or you already bought it.[/QUOTE]
The game gives me a headache

[quote name='bajingo']Someone said the steam version is $5, so HOPEFULLY the XBLA price is the same. The lack of online play would def. be a reason to NOT cost more than $5[/QUOTE]
That'd be me a few pages back. Here's the Steam Store Page

Honestly, the game doesn't NEED multiplayer. As others have said, it's all about listening to the interactions between the NPC's. To add in other players would probably mean removing those NPC's, which would kill the humor of the game. You won't really miss the multiplayer.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/234710/

[quote name='Zolor23']Yeah, I loved the demo, but I didn't think it was worth 1200 MSP.[/QUOTE]
I thought the Gotham City Imposters beta was crazy fun and would've bought the game on day 1 if they'd released it at 800 MSP.

[quote name='MisterLemon']I'm aware of my overuse of acronyms in that sentence, but it's still true and you should prolly make note of that.[/QUOTE]

I knew it was, but my PC is awful and won't run it. So I'm downloading the update, for the demo...a lot of work just to try out a game I probably won't buy:whistle2:(

[quote name='gordojones88']BRILLIANCE!

i

[/QUOTE]

Haha I thought it was awesome when Cornelius wrote it too. Looking at it in the BB Code makes it even funnier.

[quote name='seppuku']Black Knight Sword has lots of character, but does the combat get any more inspiring than the poke poke poke that's in the demo?[/QUOTE]

Not so much, from what I can tell. I'm only on level 3, but I'm enjoying it. I'm going for the "No Store" achievement, so I don't know what they have for sale there. At the end of each level they gave me something new. Level one was a aoe magic attack, level two was a charge attack.

dang... just picked up geometry wars, but i only want to spend another 480 points, and i cant decide between I Am Alive and Hell Yeah. Tried both demos, and liked them both. They are also similar on metacritic. If you had to pick just one?

Hmmmm should I get Tomb Raider GoL? I've got a bunch of points from an older sale still. Anyone have any opinions on it? Or should I save then and hope for a sale on a GoD version of the new reboot one?

[quote name='labrat34']dang... just picked up geometry wars, but i only want to spend another 480 points, and i cant decide between I Am Alive and Hell Yeah. Tried both demos, and liked them both. They are also similar on metacritic. If you had to pick just one?[/QUOTE]

I was in the same situation like you and I chose hell yeah, maybe i wanted something more colorful than gray, simply like that (and i think it has more gameplay)

[quote name='Darthlain18']Hmmmm should I get Tomb Raider GoL? I've got a bunch of points from an older sale still. Anyone have any opinions on it? Or should I save then and hope for a sale on a GoD version of the new reboot one?[/QUOTE]

If u have someone to play with, go ahead: this game is a blast for coop gaming. If not, then keep hesitating.

[quote name='shulamm']
If u have someone to play with, go ahead: this game is a blast for coop gaming. If not, then keep hesitating.[/QUOTE]

Beware this is one of the few XBLA that DOES HAVE online co-op so you don't have to have someone at your system to enjoy co-op.

[quote name='labrat34']dang... just picked up geometry wars, but i only want to spend another 480 points, and i cant decide between I Am Alive and Hell Yeah. Tried both demos, and liked them both. They are also similar on metacritic. If you had to pick just one?[/QUOTE]
I would pick I Am Alive. But that's me.

[quote name='Stepith Bloodia']Hey fellow CAGs. What should I get? I Am Alive, Hell Yeah!, or Black Knight Sword?[/QUOTE]
Yes. The one to the left.

[quote name='shulamm']
If u have someone to play with, go ahead: this game is a blast for coop gaming. If not, then keep hesitating.[/QUOTE]

Nope don't hesitate. Buy this immediately. I grabbed it at 600msp ages ago and never regretted it. I know it was free by mistake recently but who cares, just buy it, it's worth the $8. I'm not big on co-op and positively loved playing this solo. It's a great game. Lots of replayability with some amazing challenges and secrets and all sorts of things. And I do plan on playing to co-op at some point. Though my guess is that you need to co-op online with mics as judging from the single player experience there's a lot of timing involved in getting certain doors open or getting through certain sections. It's an awesome game with everything really, action, shooting, platforming, puzzles, and some really great boss fights. It's got dinosaurs in it too!!!! DINOSAURS.

Which by the way, leads me to wonder. Does anyone remember that old Saturday morning cartoon from the 80s, Denver the Last Dinosaur? The theme song went "Denver, the last dinosaur, he's my friend and a whole lot more." Um , so is it just me or is anyone else wondering what the fuck those kids were doing with a dinosaur that it was more than just friendship? I know we all love dinosaurs, but do we really have to resort to inter-species romance to try to bring them back from extinction? Though I am so pro teaching dinosaurs to skateboard :) Anyways tangent over

This is the first time I Am Alive has been on sale[Edit - I Am Alive has been on sale twice, as well] and the second time for Hell Yeah, which was released after I Am Alive, I believe. Assuming you like them equally, Hell Yeah seems more likely to be on sale again in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Polerand']This is the first time I Am Alive has been on sale and the second time for Hell Yeah, which was released after I Am Alive, I believe. Assuming you like them equally, Hell Yeah seems more likely to be on sale again in the near future.[/QUOTE]

This is the second time I Am Alive has been on sale.

[quote name='skonson']Nope don't hesitate. Buy this immediately. I grabbed it at 600msp ages ago and never regretted it. I know it was free by mistake recently but who cares, just buy it, it's worth the $8. I'm not big on co-op and positively loved playing this solo. It's a great game. Lots of replayability with some amazing challenges and secrets and all sorts of things. And I do plan on playing to co-op at some point. Though my guess is that you need to co-op online with mics as judging from the single player experience there's a lot of timing involved in getting certain doors open or getting through certain sections. It's an awesome game with everything really, action, shooting, platforming, puzzles, and some really great boss fights. It's got dinosaurs in it too!!!! DINOSAURS.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. Single player is still a blast.

[quote name='Polerand']This is the first time I Am Alive has been on sale and the second time for Hell Yeah, which was released after I Am Alive, I believe. Assuming you like them equally, Hell Yeah seems more likely to be on sale again in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Hell Yeah! is also a SEGA game which tends to have sales more frequently than Ubisoft which published I Am Alive. Though I guess Ubisoft has had some amazing sales in the past as I remember picking up Beyond Good & Evil for like 200 pts at some point. So maybe I'm just talking stupid. Both games will go on sale countless times to come, don't worry.

I have this same dilemma and I'm using this logic to buy I Am Alive. Both games are probably mediocre at best. But I've checked out How Long To Beat and I Am Alive is about a 5 hour affair whereas Hell Yeah! is a 9 hour affair. As much as the CAG in me is thinking hey go for the longer game as it's better value. I'm guessing that to be considering mediocre probably 50% of each game is boring as and I'd rather wade through 2.5 hours of boredom than 4.5 hours. It's bad logic but I'm going with it. I probably would never complete Hell Yeah! but a decent 5 hour game would suit my lifestyle really well at the moment. Plus I've become a sucker for games that are set in modern day reality since playing The Walking Dead games. So I Am Alive is a good buy for me.

[quote name='Stepith Bloodia']Hey fellow CAGs. What should I get? I Am Alive, Hell Yeah!, or Black Knight Sword?[/QUOTE]

I Am Alive is a survival/adventure game. Combat seems kinda lame. Hell Yeah is a blast. It's a platform shooter with a WarioWare element.

Try both, avoid Black Knight unless you're big on obscure hack n slash games. As someone else said, its poke poke poke.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']This is the second time I Am Alive has been on sale.[/QUOTE]

So it was. I must have ignored the 33% drop. Still, Hell Yeah has two price drops within 7 months of release, once at 50% off and then at 60% off. I Am Alive, on the other hand, has been out 13 months with the same number of sales and the listed discounts. Enough to get me to consider I Am Alive feeling secure that Hell Yeah will be on sale again, likely in July

Hell Yeah's a Sega game, so it'll be on sale often enough that you don't need to rush to buy it if you don't need it right this second.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Anyone check out Sacred Citadel that released yesterday? seems like a good lookin brawler.[/QUOTE]

I think the graphics are nice.....but the gameplay for some reason left me a little underwhelmed. I really wanted to like it and I'll give it another go in a week, might just not have been in the mood for it when I tried it.

I need one more 800 game purchase for the rewards...

It is sad that I cannot find anything worthwhile that I do not already own. Not sad on the part of XBLA but on my own for owning far too much : p

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Anyone check out Sacred Citadel that released yesterday? seems like a good lookin brawler.[/QUOTE]
Good looking, yes. Gameplay-wise? Ehh, you could do a lot better.

Nah it's real generic and boring.

Save your money for Dungeons and Dragons.

Let me put it like this.

Sacred Citadel isn't BAD but it's completely lifeless, mindless, dull, and easy. It feels like Muramasa only less pretty and without decent bosses.

I will finish DD2: Wander of the Dragon.

I will not finish Sacred Citadel.

Yeah I bought Sacred because I had fun with the trial and needed another game for the promo. I was hoping the different characters played a little differently but they seem pretty similar. Online co-op was OK, but it seemed too easy and we just steamrolled everything but the boss. I do like the art style and the lite loot element, but overall it shouldn't have been a day one buy.

Also bought Black Knight, can't decide if I like it or hate it. I'm pretty sure I hate it. Also there is a bullet hell SHUMP in the middle of the game so....yeah.

Hmmm...I really enjoyed the Black Knight Sword demo, I think it's an easy buy for me at 400 MSP. That means I've only got 2800 MSP left to spend to get the Xbox Rewards deal. Anybody have any suggestions on what else I should get? (Not really).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back