XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Was hoping for a sale on XBLA games since the CAG way of things is whenever people literally give up and buy things and think it won't go on sale, it usually goes on sale a week or two after.

[quote name='Bloomy']Could be a potential tip off that the May Rewards Punchcard will be based around DLC or (FP)S, similar to how all the DOTWs in April were XBLA related like the Punchcard.[/QUOTE]

Not sure which thread is best for Punchcard news, but this month's card is up.
Only one offer. For every TV season pass or HD movie you buy, you get a punch. Get 5 punches and get back 1,000 MSP. Each purchase must cost at least 1,000 MSP in the first place as well.

Bummed it's only one offer. Guess the three card month was just to get people to care and not a single month of nothing but video purchasing is the month to get people to stop caring.

[quote name='bunck']I recommend this model, if you lose it when you move it will come find you...
you-awesome-huh-24.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I love this thread.

That's a great deal for all those Serious Sam games but with that retail disc releasing it would be cheaper to wait for that to drop below $20 than pay $25 now since it would sit in my backlog. I don't think I could deal with more than 1 SS game at a time though.

That BF3 Premium sale makes me wish I bought the retail version for $35 during BF instead of the vanilla copy for the same price previously. I only played it once. What a waste.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Not sure which thread is best for Punchcard news, but this month's card is up.
Only one offer. For every TV season pass or HD movie you buy, you get a punch. Get 5 punches and get back 1,000 MSP. Each purchase must cost at least 1,000 MSP in the first place as well.

Bummed it's only one offer. Guess the three card month was just to get people to care and not a single month of nothing but video purchasing is the month to get people to stop caring.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats a pretty terrible deal. I don't think I've ever bought anything through Xbox Video, and this certainly isn't going to get me to start..

It's nice to see some DLC on this list. The problem is I own it all already. I am hoping to see some Mass Effect DLC on sale. I want to grab The Citadel DLC, but hoping it goes on sale...that's doubtful though I know.

[quote name='Zonic505']Also, for the Xbox Rewards, the new punch card is up from Today (May 8th) to July 15th, where for any TV Season Pass or HD movie you purchase from Xbox Video, you'll earn a punch. If you complete all 5 punches, you get 1,000 MSP. However, each purchase you make has to be 1,000 MSP or more.[/QUOTE]

Yuck, so does that mean there won't be a new punch card until July? I had such high hopes for this program after last month. Oh well. Back to hoarding my points.

[quote name='JBallerX']It's nice to see some DLC on this list. The problem is I own it all already. I am hoping to see some Mass Effect DLC on sale. I want to grab The Citadel DLC, but hoping it goes on sale...that's doubtful though I know.[/QUOTE]

IMO, the Citadel DLC is worth 1200 points. Easily recommend if you're looking to play it anytime in the next 6 months.

[quote name='Feeni']Yuck, so does that mean there won't be a new punch card until July? I had such high hopes for this program after last month. Oh well. Back to hoarding my points.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry Chicken Little this is only the second month of the punch card.

[quote name='GamerDude316']IMO, the Citadel DLC is worth 1200 points. Easily recommend if you're looking to play it anytime in the next 6 months.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely buying it at some point. I just finished my 2nd playthrough of ME1 and bought the lair of the shadow broker for 2. I am gonna play through 2 and 3 again really soon, but am not gonna grab The Citadel until I start playing 3 again. Hoping by that time it MAY be on sale...I doubt it though. Even if it's not I'm grabbing it for sure. The issue was the first time I beat the game a few months ago the Citadel DLC was not yet out. My buddy here tells me how good the DLC is though.

[quote name='LordVila']Don't worry Chicken Little this is only the second month of the punch card.[/QUOTE]

...and third and fourth month if it lasts until July.

[quote name='LordVila']Don't worry Chicken Little this is only the second month of the punch card.[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying but would suggest MS's modus operandi with these things in the past has been

start with something decent -> ruin it -> Profit ???

[quote name='JBallerX']I'm definitely buying it at some point. I just finished my 2nd playthrough of ME1 and bought the lair of the shadow broker for 2. I am gonna play through 2 and 3 again really soon, but am not gonna grab The Citadel until I start playing 3 again. Hoping by that time it MAY be on sale...I doubt it though. Even if it's not I'm grabbing it for sure. The issue was the first time I beat the game a few months ago the Citadel DLC was not yet out. My buddy here tells me how good the DLC is though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's really the only ME3 DLC worth full price. I got Leviathan the one day it went on sale for 400 MSP and I refuse to buy Omega till it has a sale (I got From Ashes with my CE at release so not including that)

Well this sucks. I get back to playing DCC2 and finally get a gold medal on a level, only for it to tell me that there was an error while connecting to the service, meaning I got kicked back to the start screen & it won't even play the game now. Not sure if it's just me, but seriously sucks that I can't play this offline...

[quote name='Feeni']...and third and fourth month if it lasts until July.[/QUOTE]

Just give it time. I have no doubt that there will be some horrible to most people punch card months but you have to realize that not every promotion will appeal to you. I wouldn't be surprised if this months punch card causes a few people who don't normally use Xbox Video to try it out. So yes I would love it if each month appealed to me but that is just not very realistic. You can't predict the future of a program by only two months.

[quote name='benjamouth']I hear what you're saying but would suggest MS's modus operandi with these things in the past has been

start with something decent -> ruin it -> Profit ???[/QUOTE]

I would say its more like:

decent -> ruin it -> meh better -> ruin -> ZOMG I lurv Xbox -> ruin -> SCREW YOU MS -> MS FOR LIFE!! -> bleh cheaper on Steam -> use a time machine to get for cheaper -> repeat

Apparently Crash Course 2 requires a connection to their servers to play....the servers are down (or at least I'm not able to connect).

I get "an error occurred while connecting to the Doritos Crash Course 2 service. Press A to try again". However, no matter how many times I hit A, I cannot get past the main screen. Just keeps erroring out. *sigh*

[quote name='NJMane']Apparently Crash Course 2 requires a connection to their servers to play....the servers are down (or at least I'm not able to connect).

I get "an error occurred while connecting to the Doritos Crash Course 2 service. Press A to try again". However, no matter how many times I hit A, I cannot get past the main screen. Just keeps erroring out. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats a bit of a bummer. I suppose at least it was free. Seems like an odd choice to require an online connection for a game like that..

[quote name='NJMane']Apparently Crash Course 2 requires a connection to their servers to play....the servers are down (or at least I'm not able to connect).

I get "an error occurred while connecting to the Doritos Crash Course 2 service. Press A to try again". However, no matter how many times I hit A, I cannot get past the main screen. Just keeps erroring out. *sigh*[/QUOTE]
The future of every xbox game?

[quote name='LordVila']Just give it time. I have no doubt that there will be some horrible to most people punch card months but you have to realize that not every promotion will appeal to you. I wouldn't be surprised if this months punch card causes a few people who don't normally use Xbox Video to try it out. So yes I would love it if each month appealed to me but that is just not very realistic. You can't predict the future of a program by only two months.

I would say its more like:

decent -> ruin it -> meh better -> ruin -> ZOMG I lurv Xbox -> ruin -> SCREW YOU MS -> MS FOR LIFE!! -> bleh cheaper on Steam -> use a time machine to get for cheaper -> repeat[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right. :roll:

People are going to shell out over $60 to complete a punch card just to "try it out"... I don't think so.

[quote name='hotpocket']Yeah, right. :roll:

People are going to shell out over $60 to complete a punch card just to "try it out"... I don't think so.[/QUOTE]

I never said that to "try it out" it would require them to fill the punch card, did I? Having a promotion for something and having attention drawn to it will get some people to atleast look at the video choices and maybe try it out.

[quote name='LordVila']I never said that to "try it out" it would require them to fill the punch card, did I? Having a promotion for something and having attention drawn to it will get some people to atleast look at the video choices and maybe try it out.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say, chief.

[quote name='hotpocket']Whatever you say, chief.[/QUOTE]

Just because you realize it's not that great of a deal doesn't mean no one's gonna take advantage of it. Cool off, hot pocket.

[quote name='GUNNM']The future of every xbox game?[/QUOTE]

LoL! Yeah if they can't handle a free Doritos game what chance does a million plus selling game have?

[quote name='LordVila']I never said that to "try it out" it would require them to fill the punch card, did I? Having a promotion for something and having attention drawn to it will get some people to atleast look at the video choices and maybe try it out.[/QUOTE]

Well they shouldn't. Go to Amazon instant video instead. Xbox video is a terrible system. I primarily used it because MSP were so easy to come by, but after this season I'm done. Purchased a season pass for a show and had episodes 1 and 3 available, and had to buy episode 2 separately. What? Happened last time I bought a show as well. Plus after the latest dashboard update it is a nightmare to navigate. I'm also tired of having limited devices to watch my shows when every tv and media player available can stream Netflix, Hulu, and amazon. Xbox just doesn't make sense anymore.

/rantover

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Just because you realize it's not that great of a deal doesn't mean no one's gonna take advantage of it. Cool off, hot pocket.[/QUOTE]

Cool off?

My posts weren't getting heated. Thanks for your concern though.

I'm hoping Microsoft is getting a "Crash Course" in the disadvantages of always-on gameplay.

:cool: YYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I'm hoping Microsoft is getting a "Crash Course" in the disadvantages of always-on gameplay.

:cool: YYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH![/QUOTE]
Here you go

1218906_o.gif

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I'm hoping Microsoft is getting a "Crash Course" in the disadvantages of always-on gameplay.

Lol. They're working on a fix now. I'm wondering if demand is crashing their servers due to it being F2P. Guess I'll wait to DL it.

Unbelievable this shit still happens in 2013. If you think you have enough servers, you prob don't. Wouldn't it be better to start with more than you need to make sure it works, and then cut back once you figure out what the load is going to be? smh.

*in slow motion*:applause:

but seriously I hope it's not to late for them to get the message that always online is not a viable option yet. Still to many glitches, and really what would the consumer gain from it? Nothing worth all the trouble that I can think of:cry:

[quote name='hotpocket']Cool off?

My posts weren't getting heated. Thanks for your concern though.[/QUOTE]

I meant to "cool off" the snark. And really, I just wanted to jump on the self-writing pun, which I hope wasn't lost on you...

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I meant to "cool off" the snark. And really, I just wanted to jump on the self-writing pun, which I hope wasn't lost on you...[/QUOTE]

The former part of your post didn't come across as jokey, therefore I didn't address it as such, but yes, I am wonderfully aware of your translucent word play.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I meant to "cool off" the snark. And really, I just wanted to jump on the self-writing pun, which I hope wasn't lost on you...[/QUOTE]

Your pun wasn't lost on me. Your wit is legendary, sir!

I read hotpockets posts in the Jim Gaffigan voice, it just like.. happens that way. And if I did think he was becoming "heated" I'd simply blame it on the hotpockets that probably recently nuked his gut.. things are dangerous..

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']210 MSP got deposited today from Xbox Rewards, I wonder when they send the codes for the punchcards...[/QUOTE]
It was said in the FAQ for the first promotion that they will arrive on or around May 30.

Man. Am I the only one that was really looking forward to playing Crash Course 2? I didn't even care that it was free to play, I just really thought the first one was an excellent Arcade title.

Still haven't been able to play it though

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']210 MSP got deposited today from Xbox Rewards, I wonder when they send the codes for the punchcards...[/QUOTE]
Lucky you man, I want to get those msp to buy some cheap DLC, but still haven't recieved them. There's no hurry though, but the sooner the better.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Unbelievable this shit still happens in 2013. If you think you have enough servers, you prob don't. Wouldn't it be better to start with more than you need to make sure it works, and then cut back once you figure out what the load is going to be? smh.[/QUOTE]
I imagine that somewhere, sometime, someone said something like this to their bosses at a game company, and promptly heard the words "You're fired."

"If we just buy less servers, people will get frustrated with it and stop playing, and eventually it'll balance itself out. Now let's finish shipping these Colonial Marines discs out before people learn it sucks."

Added some Metacritic, Quick Look, Xbox/xbldb & other links. Formatting is a little off, but I'll let others tweak that, since I gotta run.

In other news ... la de fucking da ...
[quote name='"Xbox Rewards"']
eCard_ENG-US.gif

-
Happy Birthday, Yukon Cornelius!

This month you'll be another year wiser. As a Reward for reaching CONTENDER status or above in MyAchievements, you've earned the following birthday gift:

20 Microsoft Points

Your Microsoft Points will be automatically deposited into your Xbox LIVE account by the 15th of the month. If you're a CHAMPION or LEGEND, consider this gift a special bonus to the Rewards already coming your way - and if not, keep building your Gamerscore to climb the ranks! MyAchievements is just one of the fun extras you get for being a part of Xbox LIVE Rewards. Check out MyXtras to keep track of all the ways you can earn Rewards for doing what you love! But first, take a deep breath and blow out those candles!

Hoping your birthday wishes come true,
-- Xbox LIVE Rewards Squad[/quote]

Thanks Xbox Rewards ... but 25 cents only buys me 1 candle. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back