XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up BL2 with MS points that I had piled up from Black Friday for half off at Target....still have 4k points left.... what DLC is worth getting?

Well, Tiny Tina is apparently the best and the longest, but it's the one that's not on sale this week, out of the other three I'd recommend captain Scarlet or Torgue's campaign of carnage, but they're all good really. Also, you should pick up the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack if you plan to go through the multiple playthroughs and to max out your character. Also, the Mechromancer and Psycho would be good if you want some mor e interesting gameplay then the four characters that come with the game.

Sorry if this has been answered already. I'm on vacation and can't read the whole thread.
The OP has Mechromancer and Psycho on sale at half price. I'm not seeing it online though. Are they discounted on the 360?

Not yet, for some reason they haven't shut down last weeks deals, so not all of the Borderlands DLC will be marked down until they fix it, hopefully sometime tomorrow or tonight.

All this DLC for BL2.... is it only accessible after reaching end game?

Nope, you can access it any time you'd like, but i would recommend waiting until you have beaten the main game because the DLc has some tougher enemies in them, plus more raid bosses

Is Prey worth at $3? I know its a very old title. So, I don't expect it to be much graphic wise.
Definitely! It's old but is actually somewhat unique and just the way the weapons are designed an dhow you use your spirit powers is really cool.

Any folks who got in on the cheap Black Friday Forza Horizon(or paid retail for that matter) have any thoughts on what price you would call that game a good deal?
I thought it was awesome. Probably in my top 3 racing games of this generation, with Burnout Paradise and Wipeout HD. Well worth the $15 I paid, and if I had any idea how much I'd enjoy it i probably would've bought it at launch.

Got brothers in arms: H. H. Cant wait to get l4d2 and gow: judgement this week. Might get xcom too
Xcom so worth it. bought day one no regrets. It a hard recommend because its turn based and difficult but man is it fun. im on my 5th play through

Well, Tiny Tina is apparently the best and the longest, but it's the one that's not on sale this week, out of the other three I'd recommend captain Scarlet or Torgue's campaign of carnage, but they're all good really. Also, you should pick up the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack if you plan to go through the multiple playthroughs and to max out your character. Also, the Mechromancer and Psycho would be good if you want some mor e interesting gameplay then the four characters that come with the game.
I actually have the Mechromancer because I originally bought this game when it came out, then got it on PC, and now want it on console again. And can you explain the ultimate vault hunters pack? I dont really understand it. Does it benefit me early game?

I actually have the Mechromancer because I originally bought this game when it came out, then got it on PC, and now want it on console again. And can you explain the ultimate vault hunters pack? I dont really understand it. Does it benefit me early game?
What it does is increases the level cap from 50 to 61, it also allows you to do a third playthrough, with insanely strong enemies and extremely rare loot appearing way more often. It won't do much for you right now, but it'd be good to have it in case you reach the level cap before you finish playing everything you want.

I believe the UVHP increases the level cap from 50 to 61.

I just traded in a ton of my games to GameStop (for credit, not cash), but I was in a similar situation, trying to figure out how to properly make my dollar stretch. You know that you can buy gas cards and some other gift cards at GameStop, right?
No i didn't know that i could get gas cards from there, that's interesting though.

I sold a bunch of games and got $110. surprised me, i was expecting to get half that amount.

Fought the urge to buy Borderlands 2...up until about 5 mintues ago. Just bought that. I'm a bit low on MSP that's why I debated it for awhile but could only tell myself no for so long.

I know a bit off topic, but does anyone know if GTAV will be Games On Demand soon after release? I bought 14 of those 1200 MS codes during that sale because I was thinking about getting GTAV or perhaps another game at a huge discount. If not, I may just keep buying these games on sale. I bought BL2 and AC3 today.

I know there's nothing to complain about with these deals....but I am disappointed at Lego Lord of the Rings not being $10.

Also, can anyone give me a last minute reason why Max Payne 3 would be a better buy than getting both Crysis and Bulletstorm for the same price?

I know a bit off topic, but does anyone know if GTAV will be Games On Demand soon after release? I bought 14 of those 1200 MS codes during that sale because I was thinking about getting GTAV or perhaps another game at a huge discount. If not, I may just keep buying these games on sale. I bought BL2 and AC3 today.
They seem to have been pretty good about getting the larger games on demand. Bioshock is already up there and it's only been 3 months. GTA V is even bigger than that so it wouldn't surprise me if they get it out as soon as possible.

With how long it took BioShock Infinite to get on GoD, its a toss up at this point.

Anyone played Monopoly Streets with family members? Worth $10?

Edit: Staying on topic.

Not looking like tomorrow is Tomb Raider day. But I finally bought something. :D

Picked up Omega DLC for ME3. 

I know there's nothing to complain about with these deals....but I am disappointed at Lego Lord of the Rings not being $10.

Also, can anyone give me a last minute reason why Max Payne 3 would be a better buy than getting both Crysis and Bulletstorm for the same price?
I strongly recommend getting Crysis and Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm has to be one of the most overlooked games this generation. Personally I value a funny game and the creative dialogue(swearing) really sold it for me. Crysis is really good too, the story is whatever but the gameplay is fun and as for Max Payne, its good but I don't know, nothing really set it apart. The story was good enough but the actual mechanics of playing the game just weren't that interesting. Max Payne is something I would recommend for a redbox or gamestop rental.

Glad Lego LoTR is still $15.  Nothing personal to those who wanted it cheaper, just sick of kicking myself over things I just purchased in the last couple weeks because they go on sale this week for cheaper lol.

If only I had enough storage to buy some games!!! Sigh.... :whistle2:/
I usually put a pin on the games i buy digitally (kind of like a bookmark on the xbox dashboard) so i can keep track of all the games i have. I delete the games i'm not playing currently to make room on my hard drive for the games i want to download. it's a nice way to keep track of everything, i'm really glad they added that feature.

also, it keeps a count of how many pin's i have so it shows me how many games i have. i'm up to about 62 games on my backlog :joystick:

I strongly recommend getting Crysis and Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm has to be one of the most overlooked games this generation. Personally I value a funny game and the creative dialogue(swearing) really sold it for me. Crysis is really good too, the story is whatever but the gameplay is fun and as for Max Payne, its good but I don't know, nothing really set it apart. The story was good enough but the actual mechanics of playing the game just weren't that interesting. Max Payne is something I would recommend for a redbox or gamestop rental.
I strongly recommend getting Crysis and Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm has to be one of the most overlooked games this generation. .

Agreed!
I just finished Bulletstorm the other day and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Once you get past the first mission, it REALLY picks up.

I'm thinking about Crysis myself, although I really couldn't get into Crysis 2, even though I tried multiple times.

Guys,

How long to p,ay through Crysis? I've a deports in the Internet it's anywhere from 3 to 20 hours. Quite a range.
I've watched a couple of video review reviews on Crysis and thre doesn't see, to be a lt of variety. Still fun even if I've only played crysis 2? Mott too hard to go back to 1?

Same question with Mass Effect 1. Played and loved 2 and 3 but never played 1. Not too wonky too enjoy?

Thanks!

Guys,

How long to p,ay through Crysis? I've a deports in the Internet it's anywhere from 3 to 20 hours. Quite a range.
I've watched a couple of video review reviews on Crysis and thre doesn't see, to be a lt of variety. Still fun even if I've only played crysis 2? Mott too hard to go back to 1?

Same question with Mass Effect 1. Played and loved 2 and 3 but never played 1. Not too wonky too enjoy?

Thanks!
They are both great games. Crysis 1 is fun and your average length game. 8-10hours on hard for me.

Mass Effect is the biggest open world of the series as you can actually travel to planets and scavenge resources. Its a great game and was more in depth though it is I think six years old now. But for $5 why "think" about it. Just get it. Its great. Achievement wise though it can be a pain in the ass.

Guys,

Thanks!
go to howlongtobeat[dot]com if you want to find averages of play times for games.

MS has some retarded policy about GoD requiring a wait of what seems to be 3 months after the retail release.

I am on the fence about Divinity. Are you saying this is a good price/worth the purchase?
Well it's just MY opinion, but yes for me it's totally worth for 400 MSP if you're not sure watch some gameplay videos on youtube, maybe that will help your choice, but i say for 400 MSP you can't go wrong here...

Well it's just MY opinion, but yes for me it's totally worth for 400 MSP if you're not sure watch some gameplay videos on youtube, maybe that will help your choice, but i say for 400 MSP you can't go wrong here...
hey your opinion is better than no opinion! I will check out some gameplay footage.

Is it like dragon age at all?

My guess is one day will be these

Forza Horizon

Hitman: Absolution 

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence 

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

And shooters another day

BioShock Infinite 
Crysis 3 
Gears of War: Judgment
Left 4 Dead 2 
The Orange Box 
Tomb Raider 

I just don't know what day for what but i think the shooters will be Friday.

Went out and got some candy canes that I am using on the North Pole marketplace. Every game is way cheaper on there!!!!

(for reals, probably getting LOTR since it seems like a good time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back