XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted for left 4 Dead..still need some Achievements in L4D1 and the Expert Achievement in L4D2 (even if I have played through all campaigns on expert...one of them didn't seem to count and I can't tell which from the original maps it is *sigh* lol

First off, I have never said anything even remotely close to anything stated in this thread. I don't expect sales to be tailored directly for me, or for CAG members for that matter, lol. That idea is nothing short of ludicrous. What I do expect is for MS to be competitive in regards to sales and the value of its Xbox Live Gold membership and that is NOT an unrealistic expectation (then again, maybe it is when dealing with MS). MS's sales have been a JOKE since the Summer of Arcade started, actually a few weeks before that. And no offense, but I don't care what your sick of hearing. This is a public forum and people have a right to express their opinions, regardless of what you may think about them. If your sick of reading particular opinions, take some time off from the forum or stop reading those posts. Sales have easily been one of the biggest weakness's for the 360 console, during its ENTIRE life span. They did get significantly better at the beginning of this year, but then they went right back to being crappy again and while that is a subjective opinion, it is one a significant number of people hold (and for good reason).

Ill tell you what, you can go ahead and put me on ignore. That would save you from ever having to read another post from me complaining how bad MS sales are. To be perfectly honest, I would prefer that to having to read your really bad attempts at witty sarcasm.
And with that whiny, defensive rant I'm sure quite a lot of people will add you to their ignore lists, so thanks!

Ugh, I never should have said a thing.
To be fair, this thread is volatile in the sense that there feels like a never ending amount of things you can complain about XBox or things they can do better. So it would've devolved to people blocking each other no matter what followed by name calling.

In short, a great precursor to the Black Friday threads!

Haha "Major Lazy" gets so much shit in this thread, sometimes I feel for the guy. But it's Mircosoft's fault, they should at least have a small blog team for communication and outreach with fans about XBox Live, new content, sales, etc. The PlayStation blog is far from perfect, but it's still way better than what MS has right now, which is basically Major Nelson's blog.

There's PlayXBLA, but at this point that feels like a 100% advertising blog which never provides any useful info to fans (I doubt anyone on that blog has any more knowledge about XBLA than most the guys in this thread) and Xbox Wire, which seems to be more focused on providing information about Xbox One and provides zero opportunity for communication with fans, I don't think they even have a comment section.
Xbox Wire has always seemed to be more of a PR/press news site than a consumer news site to me since a bunch of the articles include links to download media assets.

For me movies are a month-long thing, while I tend to play suitably themed games much closer to Halloween.

Alan Wake & American Nightmare, "spooky pinball" (e.g. Monster Mash, Haunted House), Zombies Must Die, Walking Dead, and the two free Dead Risings are on my Halloween playlist this year.

I only own three of those nominated on xbox.  For pure enjoyment, I guess I'd vote Happy Wars, but I'm also down for Gears 1 or Sanctum of Slime for the experience & achievements, as I've never played either of their multiplayer modes.

edit: oh, I didnt notice CoD in the poll.  I have Black Ops with escalation & resurrection.

Tyler's ignoring all of us. Let's talk shit about him and eat the ice cream out of his freezer!
Jokes on you, I'm trying to cut back on sweets so I I don't have any ice cream in there at the moment!

Still have a few Otter Pops left over from summer that you're welcome to.

So let's take bets on whether we find out the game for gold tomorrow or if xbldb will pick it up before anyone tells us what it is

1600 MSP on Forza 3 and Bioshock. Also willing to throw Viva Pinta, Braid, and perhaps Brutal Legend?
I don't beleive that Forza 3 is on the store. I really don't think Braid would be given away, and Brutal Legend was published by EA, which so far has shown no interest in this promotion. I think Viva Pinata is a good guess. I would also guess Alan Wake, The Gunstringer, Gears of War 2 (or 3 if really generous. :razz:), Prince of Persia, and Splinter Cell Conviction off the top of my head. As for possible arcade games, probably Mr/Ms Splosion Man, Toy Soldiers, The Maw.

Something else to keep in mind is that games given away by publisher breaks down like this:

Microsoft Studios - 4

Ubisoft - 3

Wizards of The Coast - 1

Konami - 1

^ Didn't know about that. Alan Wake is a good guess and so is Gears. I think its a guarantee that we get a Gears game and some sort of Kinect game aswell. Im pretty sure we'll get another arcade game, but I don't know which one (I picked Braid because its a classic).

It's been a while, I see the thread can still be as caustic as ever, but still glad to see activity on the thread when discounts are a bit leaner.  A great positive I've noticed is a more festive 360 CAG on this thread.  With everyone sharing their choice scary 360 game, my personal choice I feel is the scariest thing to everyone here: it's insignificant content without achievements that is overpriced .... OooooOoOoOoOOOOOoooooo (and I still want it, but not at the price).

In keeping with the Halloween theme, and somewhat topical with Microsoft's shifted focus on marketing their upcoming or other products, I reminisce about a title I had wanted on XBLA: Zombies!!! (thought the boardgame with XBL asynchronous play would be great, but it seems like it was never meant to be).  I possess a slight sentiment that Xbox Live discounts along with titles I'd want on my 360 are drying up a bit with the current console in its twilight.  Still, there's much for me to look forward to this generation such as Dengeki Bunko Fighting ClimaxGuilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, and BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma.  Even XBLA has titles I'm hotly anticipating like Soul Calibur 2 HD Online and (introduced to me from another CAG on this thread) The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief, along with all the kickstarter/crowdfunded projects which can make it on the 360 such as Pier Solar HD, Cryamore, Mighty No.9, and the Skullgirls DLC.  At least there's still some modicum of purchases I intend on making in the future for my 360 ^^.

So, without knowing the next free game on offer from the Games with Gold in a couple days, there's only speculation.  I know we all look forward to the Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and countdown to New Years discounts on Xbox Live which had great items up in the past.  I'm still hoping for sales on all the Mass Effect 2&3 DLC, Dragon Age 2 equipment sets DLC, and Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX DLC pack.  Even without much I want in the foreseeable future, there's still plenty of XBLA titles I'm begging for discounts on:  Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Ducktales Remastered, Charlie Murder, Death Tank (again, but at a good cheap price this time), Galaga Legions DX, Pinball Arcade, Poker Night 2, and The Wolf Among Us episodes.  This wealth of content which I want on discount can't be missed by Microsoft from all the upcoming sales, can it?  There's still so much for me without going to Xbox One.  Or is Microsoft a cruel, hateful gatekeeper who would only whip me with Kinect titles or some microtransaction freemium games with their Games with Gold promotion to make me thirst for any semblance of joy on my 360?  Probably somewhere in-between, but I'd prefer a benevolent host.

Hope everyone has a great Halloween, it's at least a good excuse to cosplay ^^.  Then in the coming couple months we should have the sales we want (maybe even deserve!).

EDIT: My guess for the Games with Gold offer:  Harry Potter Kinect

EDIT2:  I had forgotten when this thread was on a confession bear run with Ghostbusters.  Being older than practically everyone here, I've watched movies during the 60s, 70s, 90s, 2000s, and now, however I have not watched any live action film in the 80s (aside from an Austrian playing living tissue over metal endoskeleton) including what seems to be the beloved Ghostbusters.  No, I don't have Netflix, so I think I will be fine without ever seeing it before my end of days.

Forza 3? I'm putting my money on Forza 2.
I was sure we already had this conversation buuuuut, there is no Forza 2 or 3 GonD in fact they even pulled all the DLC for both of these Games so neither of these titles will be a GwG Game lol...

As for Viva Pinata...this title has already been metnioned somewhere....plus a finnish xbox magazine said something about Kingdom of Keflings and Iron brigade are the GwG for November ( I hope this isn't true since I already have all these games lol)

With the Castlevania game on the poll that would be a good game to give away free since it has so much paid DLC after you buy it. But we'd probably be more likely to get Symphony of the Night.

^ Didn't know about that. Alan Wake is a good guess and so is Gears. I think its a guarantee that we get a Gears game and some sort of Kinect game aswell. Im pretty sure we'll get another arcade game, but I don't know which one (I picked Braid because its a classic).
Yeah, don't gete wrong, I would love Braid, but I just don't think it would be picked. Most likely it will be bigger studios as Microsft has fractured partnerships with a lot of those small indies. Personally, if I were to dream, I would love Dust and Elysian Tale. It's never happening though.

plus a finnish xbox magazine said something about Kingdom of Keflings and Iron brigade are the GwG for November ( I hope this isn't true since I already have all these games lol)
This is the only post on the entire internet that says such a thing.

untitle.JPG

As Crono mentioned, it is a shame that Zombies!!! is dead in the water for XBLA.  One of the more fun boardgames out there.  Nothing like getting "Alternate Food Source" and "The Keys Are Still In It" just before the helipad tile hits.

On topic of the free games this coming month, I think we'll get probably get something like Shadow Complex or (god help me) Perfect Dark Zero.  I'm not holding my breath for anything more recent than 2010 releases.

Yeah, don't gete wrong, I would love Braid, but I just don't think it would be picked. Most likely it will be bigger studios as Microsft has fractured partnerships with a lot of those small indies. Personally, if I were to dream, I would love Dust and Elysian Tale. It's never happening though.
Aw man, you didn't pick it up last year when it was on sale during the Christmas sale? Hell I can't talk, I have yet to play it.

BTW...... REDSOX WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't put any stock into the idea of Activision giving away a game for free, as they can barely put the games they offer on XBL on sale for cheap. They're definitely not going to give you a free Call of Duty when they'd rather you buy the new game for full price.

Aw man, you didn't pick it up last year when it was on sale during the Christmas sale? Hell I can't talk, I have yet to play it.

BTW...... REDSOX WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OF THE WORLD!!! WHEN THE WORLD SERIES IS AMERICAN ONLY!!!! Yeahhhh...

Something else to keep in mind is that games given away by publisher breaks down like this:

Microsoft Studios - 4
Ubisoft - 3
Wizards of The Coast - 1
Konami - 1
Not including the free Fable III in June, I've got it like this:

Microsoft Studios - 3 (Defense Grid, Crackdown, and Halo 3)
Ubisoft - 3 (Assassin's Creed II, Rainbow Six Vegas, and Might & Magic Clash of Heroes)
Capcom - 2 (Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero)
Wizards of the Coast - 1 (Magic 2013)

fucking people crying about people crying. Wtf
Then there's the person crying about people crying about crying especially after people were beginning to move on.

It's like you're trying to create a forever forum paradox.

EDIT: Dear god the post above me says its begun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back