XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Outinthedark']You gotta play those "games" with friends and alcohol. Had a blast on NYE playing with the random assortment that is free on the marketplace. When you are drunk it makes it so much better.[/QUOTE]

I played it with my 6 year old. She really enjoyed it even though she was sober. :roll:
A lot of the games were somewhat meh.....not even sure what the underwater one was all about. I would recommend against picking it up though if you're a solo player. It gets boring incredibly quickly.

Ya know, I hate to gripe here, but I don't think Nier's DLC will ever go on sale unfortunately, so I suppose this month is as good a time as any to buy it as I'll at least get a little refund back on it...

Dear Microsoft,

I am not interested in something that was on sale four weeks ago. If I had been, I would have picked it up then.

Maybe you will put the Fallout DLC, GTA4 DLC, or how about Risk Factions on sale?

Edit: In all seriousness. I would love to see Snoopy: Flying Aces, NBA Jam, and Toy Soldiers CW to go on sale for half off.

[quote name='Gabrius']Snoopy: Flying Aces has already been on sale - by your logic you missed your chance on that one.[/QUOTE]

It's also awesome! I love that game!

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's also awesome! I love that game![/QUOTE]

I got owned so bad last time I attempted online play.... any tips for a newbie?

Started playing Bastion last night. Was pretty fun, I really like it so far. For sure a game I will play through to the end.

PS
STOP complaining about a repeat of a one day sale. I, for one, am super happy this went on sale this week. It's not like this was a deal of the week.

I'm glad they put Bastion on sale again for people that missed it... but this is the first solo dotw in awhile, they definitely could've thrown some other stuff on sale too..

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I'm glad they put Bastion on sale again for people that missed it... but this is the first solo dotw in awhile, they definitely could've thrown some other stuff on sale too..[/QUOTE]

If they hope to get money from people like me, they should know that people like me don't buy shit unless it's on sale.

So yeah, just Bastion on sale for 2 weeks in a row, with nothing else. Not really very productive for MS.

Simpsons Arcade will be out on 2/3 for 800 pts.

Count me among the people who skipped the 1 day Bastion sale who bought it during the current sale.

[quote name='Gabrius']I got owned so bad last time I attempted online play.... any tips for a newbie?[/QUOTE]

I suck too. I think I was only at level 15 or so when I stopped playing online. I remember using the blunderbuss a lot and then doing my best to get close to people and blast them.

[quote name='s0da popinski']started playing bastion last night. Was pretty fun, i really like it so far. For sure a game i will play through to the end.

Ps
stop complaining about a repeat of a one day sale. I, for one, am super happy this went on sale this week. It's not like this was a deal of the week.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='MiraiLink']Anyone know when they update the Recently Reduced and Everyday Value selection?[/QUOTE]

Late, I don't think the January one was fully updated til mid-January. But if anything drops, Spylon's site will catch it, and someone will post it in this thread. My guess is that the actual drops (if there are any) will happen sometime next week, Tuesday or Wednesday.

General question for those better informed than I am:

Does Banjo Tooie ever go on sale? I have yet to pay full price for xbl game, but might be getting close in this case.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Started playing Bastion last night. Was pretty fun, I really like it so far. For sure a game I will play through to the end.

PS
STOP complaining about a repeat of a one day sale. I, for one, am super happy this went on sale this week. It's not like this was a deal of the week.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if it was a repeat of a one day sale from 6+ months ago. But barely one month ago? That's a little bit chintzy of MS. Especially considering last weeks DotW was the exact same situation.

[quote name='gospelman']General question for those better informed than I am:

Does Banjo Tooie ever go on sale? I have yet to pay full price for xbl game, but might be getting close in this case.[/QUOTE]

It's an awesome game if you've never played it, well worth $15. Except for that stupid fucking canary race.

[quote name='gospelman']General question for those better informed than I am:

Does Banjo Tooie ever go on sale? I have yet to pay full price for xbl game, but might be getting close in this case.[/QUOTE]

It's an awesome game if you've never played it, well worth $15. Except for that stupid fucking canary race.

They broke me down, I picked up Bastion last night. Glad I did, it's pretty cool. And it'll give me something to do while waiting for Trials Evolution, I don't think I've ever looked forward to a game more than this one.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Not that I know of, in regards to xbldb anyway. Xbldb.com scans prices on xbox.com. Since Playstation's website is really crappy and doesn't list games and prices the same way xbox.com does, I don't know if an xbldb for PS3 would be possible.

I'm sure Spylon may be able to give a much more detailed answer.

However, there is a PSN thread on CAG.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287798[/QUOTE]

You got it. I've got psndb.com registered and everything. Now for PSN to have a website.

Hopefully the recently reduced show up next Tuesday.

[quote name='Spylon']You got it. I've got psndb.com registered and everything. Now for PSN to have a website.

Hopefully the recently reduced show up next Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

They will just as soon as you build one for them. :D

For those interested, I have recorded the entire game of The Simpsons Arcade with both Homer and Bart. Each video shows a solo-playthrough with each character. Let me know if you have any questions.

[youtube]4tU9lfkN2WE[/youtube] [youtube]nVrFDMV1jpE[/youtube]

Before anybody asks, I received a review copy of the game for GamingSurvival.com. We will be providing a written review for the game that will go live later today. Enjoy the gameplay.

I brought this up in the Bastion thread in the 360 forum but I'll mention it here too in case anyone has a suggestion. Yesterday morning I downloaded the Bastion demo, liked it enough to want the full game. But when i try downloading it, it gives me some sort of error with numbers. When I go to xbox.com from my computer to try to purchase it, I get an error too. Anyone know what's up?

Is the Simpsons supposed to have local coop? It looks like it should but I never played it at the arcade.

[quote name='Vap']Is the Simpsons supposed to have local coop? It looks like it should but I never played it at the arcade.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it should, there were 4 player arcade cabinets for it back in the day.

[quote name='Vap']Is the Simpsons supposed to have local coop? It looks like it should but I never played it at the arcade.[/QUOTE]

It had 4 player co-op in the arcade.

[quote name='opterasis']I brought this up in the Bastion thread in the 360 forum but I'll mention it here too in case anyone has a suggestion. Yesterday morning I downloaded the Bastion demo, liked it enough to want the full game. But when i try downloading it, it gives me some sort of error with numbers. When I go to xbox.com from my computer to try to purchase it, I get an error too. Anyone know what's up?[/QUOTE]
In the morning xbox is a little wacky try again later

Yes, the game has local co-op.

[quote name='Vampjoe']18MB, they really didn't update anything from the old arcade version did they?[/QUOTE]

I guess not, which makes me say blah to $10. TMNT Arcade was released at $5 and this is in the same category to me. I'll hold tight, unless the demo persuades me otherwise...

[quote name='Vampjoe']18MB, they really didn't update anything from the old arcade version did they?[/QUOTE]

Even the screenshots of the game off the xbox website look pixlated, and that's a small image to begin with! That being said, I will still make this purchase. :D

[quote name='NJMane']Yes, the game has local co-op.[/QUOTE]

Would have been awesome if they added online co-op, will prolly pick this up at some point... definitely worth a roll of quarters, loved this as a kid.

[quote name='Felder71']I guess not, which makes me say blah to $10. TMNT Arcade was released at $5 and this is in the same category to me. I'll hold tight, unless the demo persuades me otherwise...[/QUOTE]

I will be in on it at 200msp. I can wait just fine lol

[quote name='Ltor']Would have been awesome if they added online co-op, will prolly pick this up at some point... definitely worth a roll of quarters, loved this as a kid.[/QUOTE]

I loved it, when was kid and bought it now. It has online co-op, but it's quite laggy - game is ported by Backbone, so yeah...

[quote name='Ltor']Would have been awesome if they added online co-op, will prolly pick this up at some point... definitely worth a roll of quarters, loved this as a kid.[/QUOTE]

Offline and online co-op. I'll wait till Tuesday to pick it up for free on PSN. I was thinking about spending 800 points on this like I did with X-Men, bought it for both 360 and PS3 but playing through the same shit 50 times gets very tiring fast to get all the trophies/achievements.

anyone know if the simpsons game will have infinite lives or limited/or an option to input how many lives you want?

edit-found this- The game spans eight levels and sports four-player online co-op. Additionally, The Simpsons Arcade Game includes three game modes: Quarters, Survival, and Free Play.

im guessing quarters will be limited lives while free play will be unlimited.

That's cool as i really didn't like having infinite lives on Xmen.

[quote name='danny8k']I don't have xbox live gold. T_T Does anyone know if I can buy bastion for 600pt using a 48hr xbox live code?[/QUOTE]

you should save your code-isn't there free xbox live from feb 2-5 i swear i saw a thread on here about that.

[quote name='youenvy']you should save your code-isn't there free xbox live from feb 2-5 i swear i saw a thread on here about that.[/QUOTE]

48 hour codes definitely don't qualify for DotW (and I'm pretty sure that''s in the OP). I'm willing to bet that free Gold weekend and other events don't get the sale prices either.

[quote name='danny8k']I don't have xbox live gold. T_T Does anyone know if I can buy bastion for 600pt using a 48hr xbox live code?[/QUOTE]

The answer is in the OP.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']48 hour codes definitely don't qualify for DotW (and I'm pretty sure that''s in the OP). I'm willing to bet that free Gold weekend and other events don't get the sale prices either.[/QUOTE]

Free weekends don't do it either. They just unlock multiplayer and things like Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back