XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wampa8jedi']It's normally 1200.

I'm still debating it + the weapon packs...[/QUOTE]

I picked it up 50% off from 1200msp for 4hrs+ of new gameplay and story filler. Totally worth it IMO.

After playing the demo, Crimson Alliance is a definite yes. A 5-6 hour, dungeon crawler lite experience is something I can defintiely get into.

Only decision left is whether to get the 1 character pack (probably would get the Assassin) or the 3 pack. My brother said he'd play it with me so I'm leaning towards the 3 pack so we can be different characters.

Also, has anyone gotten the DLC for Crimson Alliance? It's tempting me as well.

Tried out the Puzzle Arcade demo. If I could plug in a mouse to my 360 and play with a mouse I would probably buy it. But the cursor controls just aren't quite up to par. But its 49 rating on Metacritic seems unfairly low.

[quote name='star65']just yesterday i picked up nba jam cheap, then i see the deal on the arcade version.
are they both the same. also should i get the arcade one anyway even though i have the disc one.[/QUOTE]

anybody?

[quote name='star65']anybody?[/QUOTE]

They are different games. It seems that the general consensus is that the downloadable version is better. It released at a far cheaper price and EA just issued a roster update for it.

I owned the Xbox disc version and loved it, though a lot of the single player campaign was hard and just kind of stupid. I bought it on PSN for $10 and have only played a few games, but the single player campaign seems significantly better. The bonus players/teams/etc unlock system is also significantly better. The multiplayer is still great.

I thought about keeping the Xbox disc version, but eventually decided to sell it on Amazon for about $10. The digital PSN version will be more than enough for me. However, if you only care about multiplayer, than the disc would probably be fine for you. I don't really see a reason for owning both.

I enjoyed Crimson Alliance for the time I spent with it. However, I was under a completely wrong assumption about the genre and gameplay so it left me a bit unfulfilled. I love isometric RPGs and I was just coming off of Torchlight so from the visual style and class choices I assumed Crimson Alliance was in a similar vein.

Unfortunately, there's very little, if any, RPG to it. The loot isn't random, there are no skills to upgrade, and is completely devoid of a level system. Basically, you "upgrade" your skills by collecting tons of gold and buying better weapons or coming across them during high-difficulty co-op sessions.

The online co-op is a lot of fun and it's enjoyable as a hack-and-slash but there's little depth and no RPG factor. It's all weapon-dependent, which really is gold-dependent. I'm glad that I just got one class as that's plenty for me to do co-op if I'm ever in the mood and I don't really have the desire to go over the levels again with a different class.

[quote name='tylerh1701']After playing the demo, Crimson Alliance is a definite yes. A 5-6 hour, dungeon crawler lite experience is something I can defintiely get into.

Only decision left is whether to get the 1 character pack (probably would get the Assassin) or the 3 pack. My brother said he'd play it with me so I'm leaning towards the 3 pack so we can be different characters.

Also, has anyone gotten the DLC for Crimson Alliance? It's tempting me as well.

Tried out the Puzzle Arcade demo. If I could plug in a mouse to my 360 and play with a mouse I would probably buy it. But the cursor controls just aren't quite up to par. But its 49 rating on Metacritic seems unfairly low.[/QUOTE]

I got all of that free last year, thanks to the summer of arcade promotion. I'd recommend getting the 3 pack instead since you'll have your brother playing along with you. Also, that spare 3rd character you can use for just online co-op or whatever you want but it's a better deal getting all 3 at once. Also, I purchased Puzzle Arcade a long time ago and found it somewhat fun and relaxing, i'd recommend it for 400 MSP. I think you can also connect your xbox live vision camera and make custom puzzles or something along those lines. It also has online play and has 1 dlc for Space which is like 4 puzzles for 160 MSP ($2).

[quote name='star65']anybody?[/QUOTE]

The original NBA Jam has some different modes that are not available in OFE, but most of them are gimmicky and pretty stupid.

The main gameplay tweak between the two is that in OFE you can switch between both of your players on the fly when playing solo. In the original game, you could only control one player and the 2nd player was always computer controlled. This was a turn off for a lot of people. You also have team fire in the new game by making 3 consecutive alley oops, but it's not that drastic of an addition.

As far as the campaign goes, OFE's is better in every way. You can pick a different team for each matchup in the campaign, whereas in the original game you are locked to a single team for the entire thing. A 2nd player can also join in on your campaign midway in, whereas in the original game you would have had to start a new 2 player campaign from scratch.

OFE obviously has newer rosters, and there are also a lot more unlockable players/teams/secret stuff than the original. Basically the arcade release is superior to the disc version in every way, but if you're just after some casual Jam sessions with friends the original is probably going to be good enough.

hey, can someone with NBA Jam On Fire experience tell me if you can injure the opposing team? way back in the day with NBA Jam: TE, I would beat up the other team so that in the second half, I'd dominate. Do they still have wear injury on the players? From the demo, there's no injury stat or meter and the players still seemed to run full speed no matter how much you beat them up.

Loved playing Deus Ex: HR. so definitely grabbing Missing Link.

But have a question about the Explosive Mission Pack. Description says it "Unlocks the Tong's Rescue Bonus Mission". Been a while since I played DE, so is Tong's rescue ONLY available thru this pack or is it something I'm able to access w/out the pack?

[quote name='bardockkun']For a Square Enix sale there really isn't much actual Square Enix now looking at it.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I kept my vague hopes, that there would be a 1% chance Nier's DLC would be on sale for Square Enix, but no...

blargh. :p

that bloodrayne game that is on sale for 800 msp is this a new game or is this the one that came out ages ago (not in australia). because if it is the same one it took its time to get here.

[quote name='star65']that bloodrayne game that is on sale for 800 msp is this a new game or is this the one that came out ages ago (not in australia). because if it is the same one it took its time to get here.[/QUOTE]

Well, I wouldn't say ages ago. I think it came out fall 2011. But yes, it's not a new game.

[quote name='Cornelius']In the words of Gary Oldman ... EVERYTHING!!!
large.jpg

That includes multiplayer and video channels (incl. Netflix & ESPN). However, this is probably GOLD'ish status, much like the 48hr trial subscriptions you get bundled with certain games ... so that DOTW pricing won't be available to you. But that would be the only caveat I can think of. I agree with "Brother Daz", though, that you should hold off on redeeming XBL Gold cards until March 4th.[/QUOTE]

Nice use of Gary Oldman. His best part too. I was mostly asking for everyone else as I do have gold. Thanks for the reply. Cheers.

[quote name='dirtyvu']hey, can someone with NBA Jam On Fire experience tell me if you can injure the opposing team? way back in the day with NBA Jam: TE, I would beat up the other team so that in the second half, I'd dominate. Do they still have wear injury on the players? From the demo, there's no injury stat or meter and the players still seemed to run full speed no matter how much you beat them up.[/QUOTE]

There are no injuries in On Fire.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Also, has anyone gotten the DLC for Crimson Alliance? It's tempting me as well.[/QUOTE]

The DLC is a fun and super easy 50 gamerscore. It's only 3 more levels though and one is the challenge area. I enjoyed it but felt kind of cheated when I finished it in about an hour. There wasn't really any really great new loot to be had and the challenge area really isn't that much of a challenge.

In short, if you finish the game and still want a little more I would go for it. $3 isn't an arm and a leg for DLC so I was able to get behind it without much hesitation. If it had been $5 I probably would have been PO'd rather than a little disappointed.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']swaRm is currently 400msp. Is that a price drop or is that an error? I think it was 800 before, anyone confirm?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

400 is the new price for swarm. Price drop, no error.

[quote name='crazy913']400 is the new price for swarm. Price drop, no error.[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy! I will wait to buy then. Good price.

Since Swarm is a price drop, I think I'll wait till it goes on sale for 200 points. Wouldn't that be pretty awesome for a game that started out at 1200 MSP! :O

[quote name='Runch']Since Swarm is a price drop, I think I'll wait till it goes on sale for 200 points. Wouldn't that be pretty awesome for a game that started out at 1200 MSP! :O[/QUOTE]

400 Points games almost never go on sale, except for the Sonic games. I would not count on Swarm ever going on sale if you're actually interested in it.

[quote name='eastx']400 Points games almost never go on sale, except for the Sonic games. I would not count on Swarm ever going on sale if you're actually interested in it.[/QUOTE]

This tends to be correct. I have yet to see a price drop that has gone on sale post drop. Especially ones dropping to 600-400pts.

I know this will eventually change when SCARY GIRL goes on sale, but that is an anomaly.

Nothing like a quality sale on Xbox Live to get this thread jumping. The Eidos part of Square-Enix sale garnered the most interest from me, and is available to all. The Gold exclusive deal of NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, is also worth getting excied about. With XBLA's NBA Jam, Tecmo Bowl, the upcoming Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD remake, indie games Downtown Smash Dodgeball, I can hope Fire Pro Wrestling ends out good or a Victorious Boxers shows up on the 360, and the upcoming disc-based SSX I am in danger of being a sports gamer like my younger days.

However, I am on the fence about Crimson Alliance. The game has a dubious pricing structure precedence along with a map pack; such are the times I suppose. I already have Torchlight from XBLA and Sacred 2 for the 360 in my backlog. Yet from what I have read, Crimson Alliance is more like the Gauntlet games. It appears like quite a few CAGs here do like the game, and it is online co-op capable which tempts me for the All Class Pack at its "sale" price of 800MSP.

The Square-Enix (Eidos) sale was threatening disrupting my balance with the 5% rebate offer with its one irreglarly priced (non-divisible by 40MSP) Deus Ex: Human Revolution preorder DLC. I miss out on most pre-order DLC since I wait for prices to drop, but I appreciate when publishers choose to make them available to all later (in this case on sale too!), because sometimes the content can just become lost (only guess of an example of this case I can think of at this time are the Blur pre-order vehicles, since the developer is gone). I had to get The Missing Link which puts it in line with the Bioware DLC standard pricing, but that is what someone here referred to as "the Square-Enix tax"; would have preferred a lower price but I guess this is as far as it will drop in my estimation of the short-term future. [Don't worry, I have already planned on purchasing other irregularly priced DLC to even out with the 5% reward.]

[quote name='Felder71']Wombat has calculated it and says it is $220 worth. That is really insane.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Gotham City Imposters has topped Rumble Roses XX and Otomedius Excellent for DLC costs already. Maybe even the Agarest Wars too cannot have enough costly earnable items to compete as well, I have not calculated. At this rate, maybe Gotham City Imposters can challenge Gears of War 3 and all those weapon skins (again I have not added them up). Yet it has a long way to contend for the championship with the rhythm games like the Rockbands and Guitar Heroes. =P

[quote name='tylerh1701']It just hit me. Why the fuck isn't Crystal Defenders on sale in the Square Enix sale? I just depressed myself :([/QUOTE]

It more the Eidos part of Square-Enix as mentioned earlier. Anyway, I too cannot recommend the game. Its positives are the music (similar the tunes in my fav Final Fantasy: Tactics, or the tracks of Radiant Silvergun) and its charming pixel art in FF characters/monsters. The major negative, is the way the game mechanics play out. You pretty much have to watch the devplay replays (which are the majority of setup/early waves) and copy them to the exact positions. Otherwise you are most likely doomed to failure and may have wasted a lot of your time. Crystal Defenders take on tower defense is quite rigid and doesn't feel like it allows for player experimentation with its "do it this one way or fail" gameplay. I do not recall the game being on sale, nor does xbldb; I know the original smartphone release which has hit $1 on fruit devices, and I am not sure of its price on robot devices.

I will wall-of-text this thread another time on the Arkham City DLC. ^^

Agreed that Crystal Defenders isn't that great. Like Crono says, each level has like one specific winning tactic, and anything else will make you fail. Not cool having to follow a guide for 25 waves per level! But it is pretty and cute, for whatever that's worth.

[quote name='Cornelius']Your "DX:HR Augmented Edition" @ OnLive merely includes a soft-copy of the artbook, making-of documentary, and the soundtrack ... and you're playing it at 480p with reduced textures. I'd much rather play on 360 @ 1080p with "at least" high resolution textures & geometry ... and 1250GS worth of achievements, plus the Tactical & Explosive packs for cheap (which I don't think you have available @ OnLive). It's your choice.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Outinthedark']Dues Ex native resolution is 720p on the 360.[/QUOTE]
I've got my OnLive Microconsole configured for 1080p on my 40" Bravia. I recently finished playing through Batman Arkham City on OnLive and it was an excellent experience for the most part on my 12Mbps connection. The graphical difference between the 360 (on my 32" 720p Bravia) vs. the OnLive Microconsole doesn't bother me, unless my connection is having issues. And I don't really care for achievements. I appreciate earning them through normal gameplay, but typically don't go out of my way to earn them. OnLive has their own 'achievements' system.

For some reason, I thought the Augmented edition on OnLive came with the Tactical and Explosive packs, but I was wrong. They are available for separate purchase (as is Missing Link).

But here is what makes the decision for me: Do I want to spend $21 on OnLive (they have regular sales, but the DLC is currently full price) or 880MSP for all the DLC?

Easy decision. Looks like I'll be playing DX:HR on the 360. Not a big deal, I'm only out $0.90 for the Augmented Edition on OnLive.

[quote name='Felder71']Wombat has calculated it and says it is $220 worth. That is really insane.[/QUOTE]
They stated on Twitter that the costume DLC on the Marketplace for Gotham City Impostors are the same items you can unlock for free by earning costume coins in-game. They just wanted to give the option to buy them if you didn't want to earn the necessary coins. I imagine they'll sell quite a bit, some of those parts take a ton of costume coins.

For my part, I won't be buying any of it off the Marketplace.

wow. this is a pretty cool sale.

I went back to look up the history of the Tomb Raider Anniversary game and it was originally 2400 points in total (yes, it's a really old game at this point). A way to relive the original Tomb Raider game with new game mechanics and gussied up graphics for a total of 800 points? and then there's the Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC... and NBA Jam!!! argh.. too many decisions...

[quote name='eastx']400 Points games almost never go on sale, except for the Sonic games. I would not count on Swarm ever going on sale if you're actually interested in it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrNEWZ']This tends to be correct. I have yet to see a price drop that has gone on sale post drop. Especially ones dropping to 600-400pts.[/QUOTE]

Panzer General would like a word with you guys!

[quote name='crookshow']The original NBA Jam has some different modes that are not available in OFE, but most of them are gimmicky and pretty stupid.

The main gameplay tweak between the two is that in OFE you can switch between both of your players on the fly when playing solo. In the original game, you could only control one player and the 2nd player was always computer controlled. This was a turn off for a lot of people. You also have team fire in the new game by making 3 consecutive alley oops, but it's not that drastic of an addition.

As far as the campaign goes, OFE's is better in every way. You can pick a different team for each matchup in the campaign, whereas in the original game you are locked to a single team for the entire thing. A 2nd player can also join in on your campaign midway in, whereas in the original game you would have had to start a new 2 player campaign from scratch.

OFE obviously has newer rosters, and there are also a lot more unlockable players/teams/secret stuff than the original. Basically the arcade release is superior to the disc version in every way, but if you're just after some casual Jam sessions with friends the original is probably going to be good enough.[/QUOTE]

Thing is the disc version is $20 new/$18 used at Gamestop, and I don't know of any other physical store that would have it. Amazon has it for $20 also so that seems to be the MSRP. For 1/2 the price you get the better version of the game, unless you have a 360 w/o a HDD.

Only thing I would warn about is now that some friends of mine got it we're having MAJOR issues getting all 4 of us into a game at the same time. We can do the campaign with no problems but there are issues with getting 3-4 player games going.

[quote name='Crono-00']It more the Eidos part of Square-Enix as mentioned earlier. Anyway, I too cannot recommend the game. Its positives are the music (similar the tunes in my fav Final Fantasy: Tactics, or the tracks of Radiant Silvergun) and its charming pixel art in FF characters/monsters. The major negative, is the way the game mechanics play out. You pretty much have to watch the devplay replays (which are the majority of setup/early waves) and copy them to the exact positions. Otherwise you are most likely doomed to failure and may have wasted a lot of your time. Crystal Defenders take on tower defense is quite rigid and doesn't feel like it allows for player experimentation with its "do it this one way or fail" gameplay. I do not recall the game being on sale, nor does xbldb; I know the original smartphone release which has hit $1 on fruit devices, and I am not sure of its price on robot devices.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']Agreed that Crystal Defenders isn't that great. Like Crono says, each level has like one specific winning tactic, and anything else will make you fail. Not cool having to follow a guide for 25 waves per level! But it is pretty and cute, for whatever that's worth.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...thanks for the input guys. Maybe I won't fret too much that it wasn't on sale then. The way you guys describe it, I think I'll even take it off my "Games I Want" list.

[quote name='eastx']Almost never.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after re-reading your post, I shouldn't have quoted you. Oh well, at least I still stuck it to the other guy....

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, after re-reading your post, I shouldn't have quoted you. Oh well, at least I still stuck it to the other guy....[/QUOTE]

Really? Last I checked TENDS is not absolute either. ;-)

But I did forget about Panzer General.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, after re-reading your post, I shouldn't have quoted you. Oh well, at least I still stuck it to the other guy....[/QUOTE]
I was going to point out that Assault Heroes has also been on sale for 200 down from 400 a couple times and even RISK: Factions went to 200 recently as well, but he did say almost never so I let it go. ;)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']This tends to be correct. I have yet to see a price drop that has gone on sale post drop. Especially ones dropping to 600-400pts.

I know this will eventually change when SCARY GIRL goes on sale, but that is an anomaly.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with this but there have been sales for items that have dropped. Here are links to my recently reduced posts with expired offers, items marked expired have been on sale for less than the price drop price:
http://xbldb.com/deal-tag/recently-reduced
Look at pages in 2011 months 04, 05, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 to be exact.

It happens but not very likely on a 400 point game, Bejeweled Blitz is the one I found in those posts.

[quote name='Crono-00'] I do not recall the game being on sale, nor does xbldb; I know the original smartphone release which has hit $1 on fruit devices, and I am not sure of its price on robot devices.
[/QUOTE]

I think Crystal Defenders's sale predates xbldb. It was on sale in mid-2010 for 400 points (E3 Inventory Blowout).

[quote name='emg28']I think Crystal Defenders's sale predates xbldb. It was on sale in mid-2010 for 400 points (E3 Inventory Blowout).[/QUOTE]

You are correct. I don't know if it predates xbldb per se (because there are sales from early 2010 that do show up there), but I do know that any non-DotW sale that occured before Oct 2010 is not currently on xbldb. Since it was on sale during the E3 blowout sale, that is why its not on xbldb.

Also, I'm glad you all have a good sense of humor here. :)

[quote name='tylerh1701']You are correct. I don't know if it predates xbldb per se (because there are sales from early 2010 that do show up there), but I do know that any non-DotW sale that occured before Oct 2010 is not currently on xbldb. Since it was on sale during the E3 blowout sale, that is why its not on xbldb.

Also, I'm glad you all have a good sense of humor here. :)[/QUOTE]

A bunch of nerds arguing over saving 2.50? Never.

Can't determine if you are kidding or not.

[quote name='louiedog']A few years ago they added the ability to remove games from your profile if you don't have any achievements unlocked. Unless they got rid of it in a later update it should still work. I haven't had a reason to try it in a long time since they also removed trials from showing up.[/QUOTE]

yeah i know, ironically i got a PM from a few ppl asking how to do it when I pointed it out in a previous thread.

not a fan of the way they advertised the ms price for CA. it's a bit misleading as it ultimately says save 400 ms points and of course when you click it's 800. i'd consider picking it up when it drops to 50% or less, til there there's just too much in my back log...also the new dashboard interface is a lot busier and in some ways much more of a chore to nagivate...but that's just me.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You are correct. I don't know if it predates xbldb per se (because there are sales from early 2010 that do show up there), but I do know that any non-DotW sale that occured before Oct 2010 is not currently on xbldb. Since it was on sale during the E3 blowout sale, that is why its not on xbldb.

Also, I'm glad you all have a good sense of humor here. :)[/QUOTE]

I have it in a spreadsheet. This is giving me incentive to add it thou. Maybe this weekend I can make xbldb more complete.

I'm glad that they finally had a sale on NBA Jam OFE, wished it was 600 but had to bite because I couldn't wait any longer. Has anybody had any problems with it loading? I bought it last night and had no problems playing it, tried a little while ago and it froze my xbox 3 times in a row while trying to start it. It is in the begining, it tells me about the auto-save feature then I click a, after that it shows the big OFE logo with a little logo in the bottom right corner and it freezes on this loading screen everytime. I'm gonna google it and try to find an answer but any help would be appriciated if you know how to fix this problem.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I'm glad that they finally had a sale on NBA Jam OFE, wished it was 600 but had to bite because I couldn't wait any longer. Has anybody had any problems with it loading? I bought it last night and had no problems playing it, tried a little while ago and it froze my xbox 3 times in a row while trying to start it. It is in the begining, it tells me about the auto-save feature then I click a, after that it shows the big OFE logo with a little logo in the bottom right corner and it freezes on this loading screen everytime. I'm gonna google it and try to find an answer but any help would be appriciated if you know how to fix this problem.[/QUOTE]

The "press start" freeze issue is pretty widespread. Only solution to it I've seen is to delete your save file and start from scratch.

There was an article about it a few days ago on Operation Sports:

http://www.operationsports.com/wEEm...s-lock-gamers-out-of-nba-jam-on-fire-edition/

[quote name='MSUHitman']Thing is the disc version is $20 new/$18 used at Gamestop, and I don't know of any other physical store that would have it. Amazon has it for $20 also so that seems to be the MSRP. For 1/2 the price you get the better version of the game, unless you have a 360 w/o a HDD.

Only thing I would warn about is now that some friends of mine got it we're having MAJOR issues getting all 4 of us into a game at the same time. We can do the campaign with no problems but there are issues with getting 3-4 player games going.[/QUOTE]

Do not waste your money on the old disc-based NBA Jam.

On Fire Edition is way better.

[quote name='100xp']yeah i know, ironically i got a PM from a few ppl asking how to do it when I pointed it out in a previous thread.

not a fan of the way they advertised the ms price for CA. it's a bit misleading as it ultimately says save 400 ms points and of course when you click it's 800. i'd consider picking it up when it drops to 50% or less, til there there's just too much in my back log...also the new dashboard interface is a lot busier and in some ways much more of a chore to nagivate...but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

not just you.

[quote name='glennfrank']For anyone considering Gotham City Impostors (and for the CAGs in all of us):

First DLC will be free - map, weapons, support item, costume, etc.

http://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/...-The-next-chapter-of-Impostors-yours-for-free!

I cannot wait to get home tonight & jump back in. Was missing the game yesterday after the Beta closed Monday Night.[/QUOTE]

The game is a blast. Had some extra msp so I bought it after the trail was up and have been playing it all day with no regrets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back