XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701'][quote name='Sway']Major Nelson just confirmed the achievement rumor: http://majornelson.com/2012/03/12/xbox-live-arcade-gamerscore-policy-change/[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Awesome to the max.[/QUOTE]

No, this may not be 100% Awesome Sauce (tm) .... when XBLA games can log 40% of a retail game's gamerscore, then MS could easily reason that XBLA games can potentially cost 40% of the $60 retail title.

Sometimes, it's a good idea to stop & smell the gift-horse in the mouth.

[quote name='Cornelius']No, this may not be 100% Awesome Sauce (tm) .... when XBLA games can log 40% of a retail game's gamerscore, then MS could easily reason that XBLA games can potentially cost 40% of the $60 retail title.

Sometimes, it's a good idea to stop & smell the gift-horse in the mouth.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. But didn't Microsoft recently force a game (Fez, I think) get released for 800 points, over the developer who wanted it out for 1200 points, saying that they had the data proving they'd make more money at a lower price?

I'm think Microsoft is on to the idea that increasing the price doesn't mean more profits and unless it's a premium title, I don't see many people spending $20 or more on a XBLA at this point. But I guess we shall see.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Ok I bought Battle LA mainly because it is an easy 200/200 (dumb reason). It is not horrible but it is SHORT. I played on easy because the difficulties do not stack for achievements. I watched the cut scenes (which you can skip) and I beat the game in about 35 min and got every achievement i could other than the difficulty settings. There are 3 guns, M16, Sniper, and rocket launcher. The cut scenes where actually very funny but more in a man they REALLY did not have a budget for this game. Anyway, unless you are in love with the demo or want the achievements this game is just not worth $5.

Edit: Beaten all 3 difficulties for a 200/200. Never died one time...this game is really too easy.

Easy 37 min
Normal 40 min
Hard 40 min

And now I am done and deleting this...thanks for the 200 points![/QUOTE]

Ditto

it was worth $5, game was alrite but extremely short got the 12 achievements in about 3 hours. I have played worst games;)

I'd love it if older titles were allowed to patch in the extra achievements but I doubt that will happen. What a great incentive that would be to return to some old XBLA favorites.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare was definitely a game that could have benefited from more achievements since it felt more like a retail release than an XBLA title.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I'd love it if older titles were allowed to patch in the extra achievements but I doubt that will happen. What a great incentive that would be to return to some old XBLA favorites.[/QUOTE]

I don't see this happening at all. It would be cool, but I don't see how it could possibly be worth the developers time and money to go back and put them in.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't see this happening at all. It would be cool, but I don't see how it could possibly be worth the developers time and money to go back and put them in.[/QUOTE]

But it only costs $40,000 to patch a game, right?

Seriously though, I wonder if there are enough achievement whores to pull off a Kickstarter to raise funds for something like that. People are apparently paying $5 for 200 achievements point in Battle: LA.

[quote name='louiedog']But it only costs $40,000 to patch a game, right?

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure MS meant well by having that policy. Think about it: If it costs you $40K to patch a game, you certainly are going to release a broken mess on XBLA to cash in... wait a sec.. hmm

I doubt that the new policy will even works backwards, as it's only an option for developers with games coming in the near future and mandatory after that.

[quote name='ooga']No way in hell. Get the --Castlevania-- DLC now if you want it.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone already played the Castlevania DLC? I have C: LOS on my backlog. I probably will play it right after ME3 and wondered if I should get the DLC now that it's on sale. I played a bit of it before I bought it and liked the game but if the DLC is pitiful, I don't want to bother.

[quote name='reddjoey']I'm sure MS meant well by having that policy. Think about it: If it costs you $40K to patch a game, you certainly are going to release a broken mess on XBLA to cash in... wait a sec.. hmm[/QUOTE]

Well, I do think that the first one is free. I'm sure they mean to get around to fixing all of those mistakes, right? I'd also hate to see what would happen to Microsoft's already apparently slow cert process if that barrier didn't exist.

Of course anyone who owns Dungeon Defenders on Steam and downloaded like 30 GB worth of content for the 3 GB folder in the first couple of months knows why unlimited patching, even for new features, can get annoying. But then again on the flip side anyone who owns Dungeon Defenders on XBLA and doesn't have access to all of those new features probably feels let down. I guess it's a tricky business.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I doubt that the new policy will even works backwards, as it's only an option for developers with games coming in the near future and mandatory after that.[/QUOTE]
Nope, works for all

[quote name='WTFer']Is BurgerTime World Tour worth it?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. Burger time, Battle for LA, puddle, and Zombies are intriguing. Demo didn't get a good feel. I think I will check to see if the achievements are easy too. If I was to pick up 1 or two games, I have the Castlevania titles, what would be recommended? If any. thanks Ya'll

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']I was wondering the same thing. Burger time, Battle for LA, puddle, and Zombies are intriguing. Demo didn't get a good feel. I think I will check to see if the achievements are easy too. If I was to pick up 1 or two games, I have the Castlevania titles, what would be recommended? If any. thanks Ya'll[/QUOTE]

Puddle is the best from bunch. Some of the later levels can be really frustrating tho.

Still i'm surprised how many people are buying battle for LA o_O Awful shooter imo. It's ok only for whoring easy gamerscore.

Out of the games that havne't been on sale before, I think Puddle is the clear winner. Although I enjoyed my time with ZA:NDA demo and will be picking that one up as well. Burgertime is still up in the air, but I'll probably cave in and buy it.

Battle LA will still probably be a pass, though I haven't got to the demo yet.

Grabbed everything I didn't have yet (including Battle:LA). My need to own them all is sad.

Choplifter looks fun, but I just KNOW it'll drop past 800pts before I can even get to it.

Torchlight is so fun. Nice that it was on sale this week, too. Didn't want to tell my brawler character it was time for me to go to bed last night, but I had to do it. Lots of gold and loot drops.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Grabbed everything I didn't have yet (including Battle:LA). My need to own them all is sad.

Choplifter looks fun, but I just KNOW it'll drop past 800pts before I can even get to it.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way when it comes to XBLA and PSN games, it's like I need to complete the whole collection or something.

And ya, wait on Choplifter. That's what I'm doing.

[quote name='shieryda']Torchlight is so fun. Nice that it was on sale this week, too. Didn't want to tell my brawler character it was time for me to go to bed last night, but I had to do it. Lots of gold and loot drops.[/QUOTE]

How much playtime can you get out of it?

[quote name='Barry Burton']i haven't played puddle but i'm enjoying all of those games, especially burger time[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sath666']Puddle is the best from bunch. Some of the later levels can be really frustrating tho.

Still i'm surprised how many people are buying battle for LA o_O Awful shooter imo. It's ok only for whoring easy gamerscore.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

I will purchase Puddle and may cave in on Burger Time. The castlevania DLC looks interesting because it will probably never be on sale again. I have yet to beat the title however. :( I move on to the next game too quickly, that is until Skyrim came out. For the past three months that and Rayman have been my go to games. Arcade titles and other titles took the back burner. Unless it is on my phone.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm the same way when it comes to XBLA and PSN games, it's like I need to complete the whole collection or something.

And ya, wait on Choplifter. That's what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I am that way with the entire RUN of 360 games... but at least with XBL sales I can venture most of the time they won't drop often... so I have to pounce when they do.

I wonder how many of us there are that do that. Probably enough to warrant a sale on crap like BLISS ISLAND.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Sadly, I am that way with the entire RUN of 360 games... but at least with XBL sales I can venture most of the time they won't drop often... so I have to pounce when they do.

I wonder how many of us there are that do that. Probably enough to warrant a sale on crap like BLISS ISLAND.[/QUOTE]

I have the same tendancies. I bought that Zombie Apocalypse sequel despite loathing the first one. Can't help but want to collect as many arcade games as I can.

Bring on the "I can't believe he's buying this crap!" deal of the week!

[quote name='infamy']Torchlight can easily last you 100+ hours.[/QUOTE]

But that's only if you play through it with each character, right? Crazy, if you can spend that much time with a single character. There are dungeon maps you can buy, too, though, so those will probably eat up some hours.

The only drawback (at least for me) was the fact that I couldn't rotate the overhead camera around to see if I was missing anything against a wall or in a corner of a room.

Here is a nice FAQ for the game:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/618630-torchlight/faqs/62015?print=1

[quote name='shieryda']But that's only if you play through it with each character, right? Crazy, if you can spend that much time with a single character. There are dungeon maps you can buy, too, though, so those will probably eat up some hours.[/QUOTE]

Beat the game 100% and didn't spend anywhere near that time, but did definitely put in some time.

[quote name='shieryda']But that's only if you play through it with each character, right? Crazy, if you can spend that much time with a single character. There are dungeon maps you can buy, too, though, so those will probably eat up some hours.

The only drawback (at least for me) was the fact that I couldn't rotate the overhead camera around to see if I was missing anything against a wall or in a corner of a room.

Here is a nice FAQ for the game:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/618630-torchlight/faqs/62015?print=1[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah after seeing his response I was thinking "no way....", so I googled it and is takes more people 10-12 hours. Also I had originally thought that this game had online multiplayer, and that it would be like gauntlet legends. I was turned off when I found out it single player only.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Beat the game 100% and didn't spend anywhere near that time, but did definitely put in some time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with all the classes and/or Hardcore mode make it last longer, since it is neverending dungeon wise. My first char had about 30-ish hours only. It would be alot more satisfactory with online, though, which is why I can't wait for Torchlight 2.

Well looks like Racoon City DLC is out:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...8024343081d?downloadType=GameAddon&noSplash=1

Elite Pack and Costumes - 400 MSP

Play with Umbrella's special prototype guns in the Elite Weapons and Costumes Pack. Included in this pack are the pump-action Perforator, tactical Combat SMG, and alternate costumes for all 6 members of the USS Wolfpack.

Weapon Stash and Costumes - 640 MSP

The ultimate arsenal upgrade! The Raccoon City Weapon Stash and Costume Pack features alternate costumes for the 6 members of the USS Wolfpack as well as access to 8 special weapons including the Combat Shotgun, Anti-Material Rifle, Machine Pistol, Cowboy Shotgun, Perforator, Combat SMG, Matilda, and Classic Launcher.

Renegade Pack and Costumes - 400 MSP

Get an edge on the competition with the Renegade Weapons and Costumes Pack. Included in this pack are the deadly Machine Pistol, the long barreled Cowboy Shotgun, and alternate costumes for all 6 members of the USS Wolfpack.

Power Pack and Costumes - 400 MSP

Dominate your opponents with the Power Weapons and Costumes Pack. Included in this pack are the high capacity Combat Shotgun, deadly Anti-Material Rifle, and alternate costumes for all 6 members of the USS Wolfpack.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Sadly, I am that way with the entire RUN of 360 games... but at least with XBL sales I can venture most of the time they won't drop often... so I have to pounce when they do.

I wonder how many of us there are that do that. Probably enough to warrant a sale on crap like BLISS ISLAND.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I have the same tendancies. I bought that Zombie Apocalypse sequel despite loathing the first one. Can't help but want to collect as many arcade games as I can.

Bring on the "I can't believe he's buying this crap!" deal of the week![/QUOTE]

Just curious how many XBLA games you guys own? I'll be at 176 after I buy 3 of the games this week. (131 on XBLA, 4 on Dreamcast Collection Disc, 3 on PvZ disc, 5 on one XBLA collection disc, 6 on another one, 3 on the Qubed disc, and 24 that I own on PS3 that are multi-platform)

[quote name='WTFer']Is BurgerTime World Tour worth it?[/QUOTE]
If you like old school platformers ( like Donkey Kong Country), you'll like it. It has some cheap tricks or extreme platforming that make you die in quite a few of the levels, but it is completable.

I loved it since I grew up with the genre so it honestly depends on if you like platform games. I recommend trying the demo before purchasing.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Just curious how many XBLA games you guys own? I'll be at 176 after I buy 3 of the games this week. (131 on XBLA, 4 on Dreamcast Collection Disc, 3 on PvZ disc, 5 on one XBLA collection disc, 6 on another one, 3 on the Qubed disc, and 24 that I own on PS3 that are multi-platform)[/QUOTE]

I have most every XBLA compilation disc (37 distinct games across all the discs-a few discs have games I had already downloaded) and 154 arcade games downloaded on top of that, bringing the grand total to 191. It's a decent sized collection I suppose, however, I only say that because I feel like I'm running out of games to buy. If every game I wanted went on sale I'd be in the 236 game range + the compilation discs.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I have most every XBLA compilation disc (37 distinct games across all the discs-a few discs have games I had already downloaded) and 154 arcade games downloaded on top of that, bringing the grand total to 191. It's a decent sized collection I suppose, however, I only say that because I feel like I'm running out of games to buy. If every game I wanted went on sale I'd be in the 236 game range + the compilation discs.[/QUOTE]

So you've got me by a decent amount.

And I agree with you about running out of games to buy. A couple years ago DOTW was really on fire, I bought multiple games every week. Then all of a sudden DOTW started to dry up and I got pissed. Then I slowly realized that it wasn't DOTW drying up but my collection getting too full, and that I owned the vast majority of what I wanted.

(A few pages back, not surprised you missed it!)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Ok I bought Battle LA mainly because it is an easy 200/200 (dumb reason). It is not horrible but it is SHORT. I played on easy because the difficulties do not stack for achievements. I watched the cut scenes (which you can skip) and I beat the game in about 35 min and got every achievement i could other than the difficulty settings. There are 3 guns, M16, Sniper, and rocket launcher. The cut scenes where actually very funny but more in a man they REALLY did not have a budget for this game. Anyway, unless you are in love with the demo or want the achievements this game is just not worth $5.

Edit: Beaten all 3 difficulties for a 200/200. Never died one time...this game is really too easy.

Easy 37 min
Normal 40 min
Hard 40 min

And now I am done and deleting this...thanks for the 200 points![/QUOTE]

[quote name='SeanTM22']Torchlight is 50% off, this game worth it, or wait for Torchlight 2?[/QUOTE]

Worth it. I enjoyed it a lot more then expected and I paid about 400 pts. If you enjoy loot hunting and hack n slashing then this game will tide you over for a few days.

[quote name='abhinav']Worth it. I enjoyed it a lot more then expected and I paid about 400 pts. If you enjoy loot hunting and hack n slashing then this game will tide you over for a few days.[/QUOTE]

Also, who knows when Torchlight 2 would be released and almost definitely will cost a bunch more. Might as well enjoy what's there for a good price.

i have seen on the trading thread people selling and wanting Resident Evil 4 XBOX Games on Demand Code.
how would somebody get this code?
are there any places where you can buy it eg ebay. i looked but nothing.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Just curious how many XBLA games you guys own? I'll be at 176 after I buy 3 of the games this week. (131 on XBLA, 4 on Dreamcast Collection Disc, 3 on PvZ disc, 5 on one XBLA collection disc, 6 on another one, 3 on the Qubed disc, and 24 that I own on PS3 that are multi-platform)[/QUOTE]

In my hdd i have 109 XBLA (this number is without Doritos freebies) games, also have 6 compilations discs.
Yeah, it's really hard to find something decent to buy on these deals anymore - i have almost all games that i want.
There are still few that i wish they going on sale - R-Type dimentions, Metal Slug XX, Rocket Knight, Rush'n Attack Ex-Patriot...but i can't see this happening.

btw Anyone got Shoot Many Robots? I liked the trial, but heard it get really repetitive later. :S

i have seen halo reach, alan wake and crysis 2 games on demand codes on ebay but where can you buy Resident Evil 4 XBOX Games on Demand Code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back