XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Christian Harper']Going to purchase the Space Marine DLC and all the Jack Packs.

Regarding the EA server shutdown... It makes no sense for single player content that's on the disc to no longer work. It's for reasons like those that I'm not crazy about digital downloads. It's like we never really "own" anything anymore, we're "leasing". What is going to happen when I want to fire up Mass Effect in a few years?[/QUOTE]

"Please give us credit card information now. Please A to continue or B to go back to the dashboard"

[quote name='MindVortex']The Saboteur is an EA game, not THQ.[/QUOTE]

Oops. Got the THQ sale and the EA server shutdown kerfuffle mixed up. Game is sitting on a shelf right next to me with a big EA logo on the side too :booty:

[quote name='intoxicated662']i don't buy ea games anymore, much less thq they both suck at making games. Sour patch kids for 400 msp? Think i'll get that.[/quote]

lol

004356.jpg

Zuma's Revenge coming to XBLA this summer

Hell yes! Zuma's Revenge is so much better than Zuma Deluxe, the very first XBLA game for 360. It's packed with tons of stuff to do ala Peggle and has more reasonable difficulty too.

[quote name='tylerh1701']That's good to hear. Zuma 1 was stupidly hard, for me anyway.[/QUOTE]

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I made it to the second-to-last level and effectively gave up. Although, sometimes I'll break it out for a few games to see if I've gotten any better or it's gotten any easier. It hasn't.

P.S. - I wonder if I'm the only one out there who got the 24 hour play time achievement. I bet at least 16 of those hours was on that stupid level.

[quote name='Felder71']Glad to know I'm not the only one. I made it to the second-to-last level and effectively gave up. Although, sometimes I'll break it out for a few games to see if I've gotten any better or it's gotten any easier. It hasn't.

P.S. - I wonder if I'm the only one out there who got the 24 hour play time achievement. I bet at least 16 of those hours was on that stupid level.[/QUOTE]

2nd to last level? WOW! I stopped well before halfway through! Levels were getting harder and the gameplay wasn't particularly enthralling. I think I got 1 or 2 achievements, that's it.

[quote name='Felder71']Glad to know I'm not the only one. I made it to the second-to-last level and effectively gave up. Although, sometimes I'll break it out for a few games to see if I've gotten any better or it's gotten any easier. It hasn't.

P.S. - I wonder if I'm the only one out there who got the 24 hour play time achievement. I bet at least 16 of those hours was on that stupid level.[/QUOTE]

No sir, you are not.

In fact, about 1/4th of people who've gotten achievements in the game (on TA anyway) have it.

I have only Adventurer (complete the game, I got to the last stage once with all my lives and LOST. It was sad)... Sharpshooter (1 level in 5 seconds, yeah right)... and 2,000,000 points. Realistically, everyone who has the last one acts like beating the game is inevitable, so I feel like I have what I will get in that game.

For all that haven't seen: Arcade Next is the new promotion from XBLA, starting mid-April. It includes Trials Evolution, Fable Heroes, Bloodforge, and Minecraft, all with 400 gamerscore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiFDDCWBivk

What are the chances these are all $15? Pretty likely in my opinion. That said, I'm very interested in them all. In fact, looking at this stuff makes me realize that there are very few disc based titles being released this year that can compete with what XBLA has coming out. All the best stuff is part of the digital market.

Trials Evolution - April 18th
Bloodforge - April 25th
Fable Heroes - May 2nd
Minecraft - May 9th

[quote name='Felder71']For all that haven't seen: Arcade Next is the new promotion from XBLA, starting mid-April. It includes Trials Evolution, Fable Heroes, Bloodforge, and Minecraft, all with 400 gamerscore.

What are the chances these are all $15? Pretty likely in my opinion. That said, I'm very interested in them all. In fact, looking at this stuff makes me realize that there are very few disc based titles being released this year that can compete with what XBLA has coming out. All the best stuff is part of the digital market.

Trials Evolution - April 18th
Minecraft - May 9th[/QUOTE]

TRIALS EVOLUTION, April 18 for 1200 Microsoft Points

BLOODFORGE, April 25 for 1200 Microsoft Points

FABLE HEROES, May 2 for 800 Microsoft Points

MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION, May 9 for 1600 Microsoft Points

$20 for Minecraft? Yes, it's insanely popular on the PC, but at $20 how many will rebuy it or upgrade to it if they already have the $3 XBLIG knockoffs?

[quote name='louiedog']TRIALS EVOLUTION, April 18 for 1200 Microsoft Points

MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION, May 9 for 1600 Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]

Is $20 the most ever for an XBLA? To be fair, it's the same cost on PC. But still.

Wow, Minecraft for 1,600 MSP? Has any other arcade game been released for that amount?

& yay, 400 GS with more achievements starting next month.

[quote name='Felder71']Is $20 the most ever for an XBLA? To be fair, it's the same cost on PC. But still.[/QUOTE]

There have been a few other $20 games like Puzzle Quest Galactrix and Sam & Max, but nothing has crossed that point yet.

I'm still interested in all 4. Trials Evolution with a better track upload/download system is a must buy. The rest are certainly worth a trial, as opposed to Trials, which doesn't need a trial.

[quote name='louiedog']There have been a few other $20 games like Puzzle Quest Galactrix and Sam & Max, but nothing has crossed that point yet.[/QUOTE]

Forgot about Galactrix, but that dropped like a stone. Not a great game anyway.

[quote name='Felder71']Is $20 the most ever for an XBLA? To be fair, it's the same cost on PC. But still.[/QUOTE]

Penny Arcade Episode 1 was $20 at launch I believe.

Might get fable heroes since the 800 price point. The others I can wait to go on sale or pass.

Went ahead and picked up voltron mainly for nostalgia purposes. I spent 2 hours playing it last night its sort of lame but its not difficult and something I can relax and play.

[quote name='louiedog']TRIALS EVOLUTION, April 18 for 1200 Microsoft Points

MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION, May 9 for 1600 Microsoft Points

$20 for Minecraft? Yes, it's insanely popular on the PC, but at $20 how many will rebuy it or upgrade to it if they already have the $3 XBLIG knockoffs?[/QUOTE]

Kinda odd, but the only game that really interests me is the cheapest one, Fable Heroes. Video clip makes it look like it could be fun.

Minecraft would have piqued my interest, but it can go sit and spin at 1600 points. Hope it sales like shit.

Fable heros seems alright. Ill wait for it to be on sale for 400. As to the guy who said not many disc games are on par with arcade games you sadly mistaken. Borderlands , resident evil, bioshock assassian creed, hell even the new cod to name a few. This year will be a good year for aercade games but come on.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']It's total BS that some single-player DLC for The Saboteur is going to be invalidated. Their "cost of servers" whining is bad enough, but how do you justify pulling the plug on something of this nature? I may finally be compelled to write and complain. And buy a copy of The Saboteur very, very soon...[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate. My copy of Saboteur is still shrink wrapped even though I've had it for a couple of years now. Do you need to access the server to install the DLC or do you need it EVERY TIME you boot up the game? I don't see myself playing this game anytime soon, but if I need to log in once to activate the DLC I will try to do so asap.

[quote name='louiedog']There have been a few other $20 games like Puzzle Quest Galactrix and Sam & Max, but nothing has crossed that point yet.[/QUOTE]

There's no denying that the prices are inching further and further upwards as production costs increase. Eventually the price of arcade games are going to start bleeding over in GoD territory, at which point the arcade games and GoD games will likely just be merged into a general "digital games" category.

[quote name='ooga']Please elaborate. My copy of Saboteur is still shrink wrapped even though I've had it for a couple of years now. Do you need to access the server to install the DLC or do you need it EVERY TIME you boot up the game? I don't see myself playing this game anytime soon, but if I need to log in once to activate the DLC I will try to do so asap.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Here's the explanation I found:
What the game does do is use EA servers for the handling of their wonky, self-contained DLC system. The codes for their Midnight Show DLC were only 16 letters long and completely bypassed the XBL Marketplace. (In fact, unlike other company's games that simply use MS's system, this game will let you pay for the DLC even if you have already downloaded it through the "online pass" code.)

What it means is that people who have a DLC code from a new copy of the game, or anyone who happens to come across a preorder Stealth Knife code won't be able to use it anymore. You'll still be able to buy the Midnight Show content on the Marketplace, though."

Edit: Just opened the game here and it's exactly as that person described. The fine print on the DLC voucher mentions that the code was suppose to expire on December 31, 2010 but the code was still good. The game connects to EA's server to download the 40MB piece of DLC.

[quote name='Thrinn']There's no denying that the prices are inching further and further upwards as production costs increase. Eventually the price of arcade games are going to start bleeding over in GoD territory, at which point the arcade games and GoD games will likely just be merged into a general "digital games" category.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have no problem with 1600 msp games if the price is warranted. As long as games are priced properly, it doesn't matter to me if they're 400 msp, 1600 msp, 3200 msp, etc. Some games have been wildly overpriced, like Puzzle Quest Galactrix for 1600 msp, but some have felt like great deals to me, like Dead Rising: Case Zero for 400 msp.

There are retail games that obviously shouldn't be sold at $60, but if they debuted on XBLA I'd have no problem paying 2400 msp for a lot of them. I think people get focused on the label XBLA and what it has meant in terms of game scope and quality and think that going forward those same exact games will get more expensive when in reality I think games have grown quite a bit and will continue to do so requiring a higher price point to make it happen. There's been a lot of experimentation with prices in this market and judging by Microsoft's insistence that a game like Fez be priced at 800 msp when the developer wants 1200 msp I think they're learning lessons and not just being greedy.

That said, I own Minecraft on the PC and I think $20 on any platform is a bit much. It's a fun game that you can put 1,000 hours into, and many have, but I don't know where that $20 went in terms of content developed for it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Kinda odd, but the only game that really interests me is the cheapest one, Fable Heroes. Video clip makes it look like it could be fun.[/QUOTE]

Fable Heroes looked ok at first but watching that preview, I am really excited and even more so that it is 800 points. It will most likely be a day one purchase for me.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Fable heros seems alright. Ill wait for it to be on sale for 400. As to the guy who said not many disc games are on par with arcade games you sadly mistaken. Borderlands , resident evil, bioshock assassian creed, hell even the new cod to name a few. This year will be a good year for aercade games but come on.[/QUOTE]

That's a funny list, those are all such re-tread games. Bioshock Infinite should have a good amount of original content, but the rest....I'm not so sure about.

I love XBLA way more than disc-based because of the originality of the games (altho this particular promotion features a sequel, spinoff, and PC port). I'm much more excited for XBLA games this year than I am for disc based games. But that's just me.

[quote name='carldisc']I think the first watchmen was $20 as well. Could be wrong though.

I hate these promotions. Get ready for four weeks of recycled DLC for DOTW.[/QUOTE]

God damn it I completely forgot about that. fuck! I've been cleaning up on the XBLA trade thread on CAG so I've scored a few recent games that I've wanted, but you're 100% right that this promo is gonna kill DotW again.

[quote name='Thrinn']Same here. Here's the explanation I found:

Edit: Just opened the game here and it's exactly as that person described. The fine print on the DLC voucher mentions that the code was suppose to expire on December 31, 2010 but the code was still good. The game connects to EA's server to download the 40MB piece of DLC.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I also have an unused voucher, will grab it later! Pretty pissed about Burnout Revenge's servers going down, I enjoyed that a lot more than Paradise overall :whistle2:(.

[quote name='bardockkun']So basically enjoy these Arcade deals now, because come April 17th we're not getting any for four weeks again.[/QUOTE]

But we get Fable Heroes for 800 Points, and that's reason enough for me to celebrate.

To be fair it's kind of hard to be excited for these games because only one I've heard about is Trials Evolution. The rest I've only gotten small trinkets of info with little to no previews and I've never even heard of Bloodforge.

[quote name='kidrocklive']How is the Stacking DLC? I have yet to play the game but debating on getting the DLC since it's on sale. Is it any good/funny?[/QUOTE]If you like Stacking, you'll probably like the DLC. It's only about an hour or 2 long, but you'll still enjoy it if you enjoyed the main game. It's a shame it's the only DLC that Stacking (& Costume Quest) got.

Well now reading that the Saboteur issue has to deal with a code in the box that is connected to the server I am less upset about it. If you can still purchase and use the DLC through the Marketplace then there is hope that stuff like DA2, ME2, and ME3 are safe since you use the marketplace to buy those things also. Just seems to be a random case where SP DLC was being handle by EA directly and not a systemic problem with the Online Pass (although there are still problems). The articles I read made it sound like verification was needed to play Midnight Show...which seems to be untrue and that only downloading the DLC from the EA server with the special code will be shut down.

[quote name='Zonic505']If you like Stacking, you'll probably like the DLC. It's only about an hour or 2 long, but you'll still enjoy it if you enjoyed the main game. It's a shame it's the only DLC that Stacking (& Costume Quest) got.[/QUOTE]

There is a chance we will see more Stacking DLC.

Costume Quest, however, likely will never see a sequel or DLC again. I look once every week or two for new info on CQ. Everything points to Tasha Harris no longer being with DoubleFine = no more CQ. She was the heart and soul behind it. I hope that I am proven wrong on this but I have lost hope.

[quote name='Narsis84']There is a chance we will see more Stacking DLC.

Costume Quest, however, likely will never see a sequel or DLC again. I look once every week or two for new info on CQ. Everything points to Tasha Harris no longer being with DoubleFine = no more CQ. She was the heart and soul behind it. I hope that I am proven wrong on this but I have lost hope.[/QUOTE]

She left to work at Pixar. She was the project lead and I'm guessing that now, two years later, the team is busy with the 3 or so other titles that seem to be in the works.

Still, it's possible, and I'd love a new chapter in the story this Halloween. With the recent release on Steam they do have a bigger audience now that might buy it. It's a much more recent game for PC players and it's a lot more likely to go on sale around Halloween there.

I doubt that there will be more Stacking DLC since their move so far has been to put out just one big expansion for their XBLA/PSN games (Stacking > Hobo King, Costume Quest > Grubbins on Ice, and Iron Brigade > Martian Bear). They seem to want to move on to the next thing and not focus on a single game for too long.

Picked up Costume Quest and its DLC last night, glad I didn't buy it when I first wanted to. Also plan on grabbing the Jack Packs as they will add more play time to a great title. I'm going to pass on Stacking even though I think it oozes with charm and style. As for Apples, I love the actual game and have played it many times with groups of 5-10. I just can't see playing it with strangers over XBL being as fun as going to my game closet and busting out the real thing so I'll pass on it too.

Just got Ace Combat a few weeks ago...

All the Skins are just that "skins" right? They don't boost anything, besides making your aircraft look different?

So EXPENSIVE even with the sale!

No discount for buying all the games... Means don't buy until on sale for me... Except for Minecraft, I think my son will kill me if that one is not a day 1 purchase.

[quote name='DelicateWatkins']So it looks like this year Microsoft has a spring equivalent for Summer of Arcade and House Party:

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...ution-and-fable-heroes-dated-for-arcade-next/

On the plus side, release dates for Trials Evolution (April 18) and Minecraft (May 9). On the downside another month's worth of terrible sales and holy jebus $20 for Minecraft.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I didn't bother to read the thread much so this is nice information to see on the latest page.

[quote name='stoned99']No discount for buying all the games... Means don't buy until on sale for me... Except for Minecraft, I think my son will kill me if that one is not a day 1 purchase.[/QUOTE]

Im thinking there will be a bundle rebate, they just havent announced it yet. (well, there better be because i actually want all these games)

[quote name='infamy']Minecraft is cheaper on Xbox than it is on PC.[/QUOTE]

It's also breaking a pricing precedent on XBLA that hasn't been broken for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back