XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Althax']Mass Effect 1 is the most RPG like of the series. Lots of menus and conversation trees.

Great game but 2 & 3 are much more streamlined and action oriented.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback. Given that I think I'll skip ME1 and try grabbing Mass Effect 2 to
orrow from Best Buy using the @Gamer coupon. I want to get Batman Arkham City anyway, so hopefully they'll still have copies of that magazine.

[quote name='seppuku']Thanks for the feedback. Given that I think I'll skip ME1 and try grabbing Mass Effect 2 to
orrow from Best Buy using the @Gamer coupon. I want to get Batman Arkham City anyway, so hopefully they'll still have copies of that magazine.[/QUOTE]

if you're going to play 2 and 3, you might as well play the first one. Makes the experience more enjoyable. You're actions from mass effect carry over to mass effect 2 and mass effect 3.

I'm not sure I want to pick up Joe Danger. I've gone back and played through the demo 3 times, to get a feel of if I like it or not.
The game didn't immediately hook me and make me want to buy it.. but I suppose the fact that I went back to it 3 times may mean I liked it.
Hrm.. so close to pulling the trigger on it, what's the game time for it? At least 6+ hours?

There is plenty of content in Joe Danger. Probably about 150 levels total, plus a level editor.

The issue for me and others was that the the game just does not contain much fun factor. You can have all the levels in the world, but if they aren't fun to play, what good does it do?

So if you're making a decision, make it based on whether or not you have fun playing the demo, and don't worry about content size.

[quote name='wEEman33']There is plenty of content in Joe Danger. Probably about 150 levels total, plus a level editor.

The issue for me and others was that the the game just does not contain much fun factor. You can have all the levels in the world, but if they aren't fun to play, what good does it do?

So if you're making a decision, make it based on whether or not you have fun playing the demo, and don't worry about content size.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't like the demo very much, honestly if the game hadn't been so highly reviewed i'd of already decided against it. I'm just thinking maybe it'l get better after the demo.

[quote name='Artrigis']Yeah I didn't like the demo very much, honestly if the game hadn't been so highly reviewed i'd of already decided against it. I'm just thinking maybe it'l get better after the demo.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend it, the demo is a snippet of the game. Once you get into the groove and actually string together tricks, stunts, and waves to the crowd and see that score go into the millions, it gets fun and addictive quick.

Joe Danger can be played on many levels. You can play it as a racer. Play it as a coin collector. But really, it seems that the thing with Joe Danger is doing it all IN STYLE. Doing flips, tricks, etc. Just going from point A to point B is a disservice to what the Joe Danger game is. It's like spamming the punk and kick buttons in a Street Fighter demo and saying that it's a simplistic game.

I've only played the demo myself. But it seems like the demo stops right before you get to race AI which is a shame. They need to show every game mode in a demo.

[quote name='dirtyvu']Joe Danger can be played on many levels. You can play it as a racer. Play it as a coin collector. But really, it seems that the thing with Joe Danger is doing it all IN STYLE. Doing flips, tricks, etc. Just going from point A to point B is a disservice to what the Joe Danger game is. It's like spamming the punk and kick buttons in a Street Fighter demo and saying that it's a simplistic game.

I've only played the demo myself. But it seems like the demo stops right before you get to race AI which is a shame. They need to show every game mode in a demo.[/QUOTE]

Punk, kick, it's all in the mind!

I had a blast with the Joe Danger game. I loved the tricks, however I don't think I would like the racing. Will I like the full game? Is it more of what the demo has. Or is the demo a bad representation?
I am just worried that I will buy the game and the first five levels will be a blast, and the rest will be nearly impossibly difficult.

[quote name='Sway']Punk, kick, it's all in the mind![/QUOTE]

LOL. most definitely a brain freeze... :D

[quote name='Dark Rider']I am just worried that I will buy the game and the first five levels will be a blast, and the rest will be nearly impossibly difficult.[/QUOTE]

man, flashbacks to Trials HD. you cruise along thinking this game isn't that hard. and then bam...

[quote name='dirtyvu']LOL. most definitely a brain freeze... :D

man, flashbacks to Trials HD. you cruise along thinking this game isn't that hard. and then bam...[/QUOTE]

That's what happened with 'Spolosion man. I was only able to beat about 1/3 off it. I found it incredibly fun, but it just wasn't worth trying over and over and over. It's a reason I never picked up Super Meat Boy. Although I couldn't even beat that demo. :D

[quote name='Spylon']Gears of War 2 - 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb[/QUOTE]
A new/sealed copy of "Gears of War 2 GOTY Edition" for $19.49+tax+FSSS @ Amazon ... or only $10+$3.49s/h @ Half.com would be a better application of that $15, since you'd get 19 multiplayer DLC maps as free downloads (aka the "All Fronts Collection" DLC pack), along with a small single-player campaign ... plus the full GoW2 game as well (on DRM-less disc).

[quote name='star65']anybody know if we will get april 1 deals like last year on marketplace[/QUOTE]

I'd wager there's at least a couple people at Microsoft that do.

Since we haven't heard anything it doesn't seem too likely. I'd suggest holding your horses and waiting till tomorrow to find out with the rest of us. Just keep an eye on this thread and/or xbldb.com and you'll know as soon as anyone else does.

Earn 300 points from Xbox Rewards in April by doing one of the following in each of the 3 categories:

Game On.
  • Play any Kinect game for 2 hours or more during the month of April. Game titles are found here.
  • Experience multi-player gaming on Xbox LIVE for 10 hours or more during the month of April.
  • Spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on game-related items in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace during the month of April (qualifying items include the following: Games on Demand, Game Add-Ons, or Arcade game titles).

Be Entertained.

• Spend 400 Microsoft Points or more on any movie or television content in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace during the month of April.
  • Use any of these entertainment apps for 10 hours or more during the month of April: Crackle, EPIX, ESPN on Xbox LIVE, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, iHeartRadio, Last.FM, MSN with MSNBC.com, Netflix, Syfy, TMZUFC® on Xbox LIVEV, EVO, VUDU Movies, Zune

Be Social.
  • Use Facebook through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
  • Watch YouTube through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
  • Connect over Video Kinect for 1 hour or more during the month of April.

So... leave Facebook running for an hour, watch 10 hours of Netflix, and play some games/buy some stuff. Sounds easy. Too bad there isn't any definitive way to track your activity and make sure you're correctly counting everything.

[quote name='louiedog']Earn 300 points from Xbox Rewards in April by doing one of the following in each of the 3 categories:

Game On.
  • Play any Kinect game for 2 hours or more during the month of April. Game titles are found here.
  • Experience multi-player gaming on Xbox LIVE for 10 hours or more during the month of April.
  • Spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on game-related items in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace during the month of April (qualifying items include the following: Games on Demand, Game Add-Ons, or Arcade game titles).

Be Entertained.

• Spend 400 Microsoft Points or more on any movie or television content in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace during the month of April.
  • Use any of these entertainment apps for 10 hours or more during the month of April: Crackle, EPIX, ESPN on Xbox LIVE, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, iHeartRadio, Last.FM, MSN with MSNBC.com, Netflix, Syfy, TMZUFC® on Xbox LIVEV, EVO, VUDU Movies, Zune

Be Social.
  • Use Facebook through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
  • Watch YouTube through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
  • Connect over Video Kinect for 1 hour or more during the month of April.

So... leave Facebook running for an hour, watch 10 hours of Netflix, and play some games/buy some stuff. Sounds easy. Too bad there isn't any definitive way to track your activity and make sure you're correctly counting everything.[/QUOTE]

So many hoops. They better count the 4 movie I watched on HBOGo today.

On topic: That will be take up a lot o' space in the OP

Those last two sections are pretty dumb since they're basically telling me to run my Xbox 360 for several hours to use some apps that I don't normally use anyway. I hope the constant disconnects don't make it more of a hassle than it should be.

[quote name='star65']anybody know if we will get april 1 deals like last year on marketplace[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'd wager there's at least a couple people at Microsoft that do.

Since we haven't heard anything it doesn't seem too likely. I'd suggest holding your horses and waiting till tomorrow to find out with the rest of us. Just keep an eye on this thread and/or xbldb.com and you'll know as soon as anyone else does.[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely bet against it, since it hasn't been announced and I can't even remember the last unannounced sale. I don't even think we even got April Fools/April 1 deals last year, it was just part of their Spring super sale. MS tends to offer one-day deep discounts on Fridays and Mondays from what I recollect, and I think it was just a coincidence that last year's sale fell on April 1, which was a Friday.

Hmmm, I guess I could get in the habit of streaming Netflix through my 360 rather than my blu-ray player for the month of April. But I have an older model, and I don't like to do anything on it but game, as to help it last as long as possible.

I don't think 11 hours of worthlessly running my Xbox is worth 300msp to me.

Hmm, could probably watch an hour of YouTube stuff (I'll have to keep track of how long each thing is). 10 hours of an entertainment app, I just hope you can go to the main menu or whatever & have it count. Guess since I don't have Kinect & don't go online very much, it's getting spending $10 on content/games.

The hour of youtube stuff is easy since I listen to new stuff on there daily. The 10 hours from the apps though I might be a bit more hard pressed on.

You have the whole month its not like its due on tuesday 0 hours of netflix is easy, so is 10 hours of gaming. I do that on any given week. This is any easy 300 msp to make.

[quote name='bardockkun']Well now that the Reward is announced it's time to buy Joe Danger and Daytona now![/QUOTE]

I wish I would have waited :cry: I feel like this'll slip my hand when it comes to choosing based off the DOTWs for this month.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']What are Aprils recently reduced games? Or are they not listed yet?[/QUOTE]

Is that supposed to be an April Fools joke? Or are you just new to the thread? Seriously? It's barely April 1. Microsoft is notoriously slow at getting the monthly drops posted. If we are lucky we will see them sometime in the next week or two. Even then they may not "officially" get announced for another week beyond that. Just be patient. The monthly drops will happen when they happen.

[quote name='Zonic505']Hmm, could probably watch an hour of YouTube stuff (I'll have to keep track of how long each thing is). 10 hours of an entertainment app, I just hope you can go to the main menu or whatever & have it count. Guess since I don't have Kinect & don't go online very much, it's getting spending $10 on content/games.[/QUOTE]
"Kinect" games like ME3 or Child of Eden might work..? http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Kinect/Serious-Fun

[quote name='JPLS']I hope this actually counts for me since the spent points in Feb didn't.[/QUOTE]

Did you try the customer service on twitter? They are pretty quick and helpful.

@XboxSupport

Any idea how they will know you are playing MP? I mean does it actually look different if I am playing the SP BF3 online and if I am playing MP BF3 online? Or ME3 or COD? Hmmm...seems easier to just spend 800 points for that category. I watch enough ESPN that I can do 10 hours no problem with that...the 3rd category will be a pain just because I never use that stuff...but i can leave it on for a few hours for 300 points.

[quote name='PenguinJim']"Kinect" games like ME3 or Child of Eden might work..? http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Kinect/Serious-Fun[/QUOTE]Hmm, that might be worth asking (I asked them on their Twitter), since I have Child of Eden & wouldn't mind playing 2 hours of it to get some more stuff. Though I wonder if I'd actually have to be using Kinect (if they can tell or not).

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']What are Aprils recently reduced games? Or are they not listed yet?[/QUOTE]

for want of a better term....

fuck off you cunt

^was that necessary?

Anyways, toys r us is advertising 15% off a lot of points cards, I think ms points are included and I know psn cards are. I know there's a thread for this, but didn't feel like digging it up.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']for want of a better term....

fuck off you cunt[/QUOTE]

Wow, so angry.

I ended up picking up Joe Danger, have been having fun with it. Gets better after the demo.

[quote name='Zonic505']Hmm, could probably watch an hour of YouTube stuff (I'll have to keep track of how long each thing is). 10 hours of an entertainment app, I just hope you can go to the main menu or whatever & have it count. Guess since I don't have Kinect & don't go online very much, it's getting spending $10 on content/games.[/QUOTE]

It's 10 hours over the course of a month...

If you want 10 hours easy, play horde mode in Gears of War 3. People are friendly and helpful in horde mode and a 50 wave session is over 3 hours.

As for Youtube, Facebook, etc., you just have to load the app and let it sit there.

Heck, you can watch my Left 4 Dead vid (and it's funny!) which is over an hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmlWokTIeU4

720P gameplay of the Dead Air level in the original Left 4 Dead starring Kissy840, TrinityQiTrance, Wicked Flies, F3AR1355S, and One From Zero. These are the funniest friends you could ask for! 6:45 close the door, Kissy!!! 14:49 Kissy loves hunters!!! Trinity loves witches!!! Trinity goes into closet with a witch at 18:03... 28:54 Kissy loves Hunters! Hunters loves onlysublime!!! There's a zombie ghost at 43:55 rawrrrrr!!!!! nom nom nom nom :D

[quote name='tylerh1701']^was that necessary?

Anyways, toys r us is advertising 15% off a lot of points cards, I think ms points are included and I know psn cards are. I know there's a thread for this, but didn't feel like digging it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Artrigis']Wow, so angry.

I ended up picking up Joe Danger, have been having fun with it. Gets better after the demo.[/QUOTE]

every other post is:

Does a 48hr code give me access to dotw?

where are you finding these price drops? major nelson hasnt posted yet

etcetera et fucking cetera

and then here comes the question of April price drops when you guessed it, barely April the 1st! fucksake

[quote name='tylerh1701']^was that necessary?

Anyways, toys r us is advertising 15% off a lot of points cards, I think ms points are included and I know psn cards are. I know there's a thread for this, but didn't feel like digging it up.[/QUOTE]

Hawt. I'm almost completely out of PSN credit. It's no 20% I usually go for but I'll take it. Better'd grab $100 since these sales are pretty rare.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']every other post is:

and then here comes the question of April price drops when you guessed it, barely April the 1st! fucksake[/QUOTE]

Looks like somebody needs to take a nap.:)

[quote name='ivegotalobon']every other post is:

and then here comes the question of April price drops when you guessed it, barely April the 1st! fucksake[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I rolled my eyes when I read it. Didn't feel the need to rip him a new one though, it was probably an innocent question.

The real question, of course, is does anybody know what's going on sale this week yet? ;)

Also, I think I'm gonna wait on Daytona USA until Tuesday morning and see what the new DotW's entail, then if it's crappy I'll scoop up Daytona.

Experience multi-player gaming on Xbox LIVE for 10 hours or more during the month of April.

This should include Age of Empires Online, right? I just grabbed it through Steam. Is it easy to tell when you are doing Multiplayer and when you are doing the single player?

[quote name='zubalove']Experience multi-player gaming on Xbox LIVE for 10 hours or more during the month of April.

This should include Age of Empires Online, right? I just grabbed it through Steam. Is it easy to tell when you are doing Multiplayer and when you are doing the single player?[/QUOTE]

Who knows how or what they calculate. There's a chart on the Rewards My Stats page that shows "Single Player" vs. "Multiplayer" times going back to October.

http://rewards.xbox.com/my-stats/

It doesn't show what days, though, or what games. My chart should definitely show more multiplayer, unless multiplayer times only include when you are in a party.

I'll probably hit 10 hours of multiplayer for the month within a day or two (depends if the 3+ hours of Gears 3 Horde I played late last night counted toward April or not), but unless the Rewards site tracks progress during the month, I'll feel much safer if there will be enough deals this month to warrant spending 800 MSP.

[quote name='dirtyvu']It's 10 hours over the course of a month...

If you want 10 hours easy, play horde mode in Gears of War 3. People are friendly and helpful in horde mode and a 50 wave session is over 3 hours.
[/QUOTE]

Most likely only if you get a group and play it in private (the match I mentioned above was private). In public Horde, some people will drop out immediately if they don't like the results of the map vote, and some will establish a base (to get progress toward a stat) and leave. And once 1 person drops out, the chances are high others will, too. Generally after wave 10 or 20, or if you fail a wave. It's a rare match where everyone's still around by the end of wave 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back