XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GUNNM']why would someone spam your GT? I don't deny it but what the fuck don't people have better shit to do?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog'][youtube]R_cJ7z5kdKA[/youtube][/QUOTE]

WOW. I don't play alot of online mutliplayer, but I have a feeling if I jumped on Halo tonight I would hear a lot of this garbage?! I think...I will pass on Nexuiz. :p

[quote name='ZForce915']Never cared for point and click adventures at all, but I loved the shit out of The Walking Dead and am pumped to play this tonight.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this so much. It might just be the setting, (I love The Walking Dead comics and TV show) but I have never played any point in click adventures and this one is great.

[quote name='snky_pete']What are people's thoughts on Gotham City Imposters? I checked out the demo and liked it.[/QUOTE]

I was in the beta and thought it was surprisingly good. I would worry more about the community at this point. It has probably faded badly.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']For those that have played Conan, how long is it? I'm debating whether or not to make that my final GoD purchase for the sale.[/QUOTE]
It's 8-10 hours. It was the right amount of time for the game because any longer and I would've just possibly given up. Only problems it has is Conan is prone to get attacked during combo animations (since he doesn't stop) and the camera doesn't give the best view at times, especially during the platforming sequence. For $5 though it's just the right price for a mediocre God of War'ish game, just don't expect anything exceptional.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']For those that have played Conan, how long is it? I'm debating whether or not to make that my final GoD purchase for the sale.[/QUOTE]

I stumbled upon this website... It should be helpful for us with big back logs to see if we can play all of them before we die...

http://howlongtobeat.com/

[quote name='Terrificy']Major Nelson has removed the Call of Duty sale from his blog, as it is "pending confirmation". So yeah, you might not get your CoD fix just yet.[/QUOTE]
Sucks for people who waited forever for a sale on Black Ops. It also means another sale on Halo 3 or Borderlands DLC just to fit something in between on quick notice, which is bad news for all of us.

[quote name='Terrificy']Major Nelson has removed the Call of Duty sale from his blog, as it is "pending confirmation". So yeah, you might not get your CoD fix just yet.[/QUOTE]

That better be the sale. I have waited forever for the black ops maps.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']I stumbled upon this website... It should be helpful for us with big back logs to see if we can play all of them before we die...

http://howlongtobeat.com/[/QUOTE]

I been using this Site for about 6 months I love it. Everytime I think about making a purchase I look to see how how long it's gonna take me to beat the game and so on.

I Bought Shoot More Robots ... Eh pretty good so far , haven't found anybody online yet.... but still fun by myself be alot better with some buddies

Thinking about getting Trine 2 & the classic pinball board and that be it for a couple weeks.

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']I been using this Site for about 6 months I love it. Everytime I think about making a purchase I look to see how how long it's gonna take me to beat the game and so on.

I Bought Shoot More Robots ... Eh pretty good so far , haven't found anybody online yet.... but still fun by myself be alot better with some buddies

Thinking about getting Trine 2 & the classic pinball board and that be it for a couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

I bought Shoot Many Robots, haven't found anyone to play with online but do think the game is worth the purchase. Going to pass on trine 2, got it free on PS+ and don't even play it on there. Looks like they'll never bring the original Trine to 360 anyways. I'd recommend the classic pinball pack and all packs for Pinball Fx2 really, they're all fun.

Does the rest of Trine 2 play like the demo? It's a gorgeous game, but it seems like there's too much emphasis on the puzzling aspect of the platforming for my tastes.

Tried the demo for Nexiuz, and I'm not a fan. Gotham City Imposters seemed fun though, but I'll wait for a deeper discount.

[quote name='seppuku']Does the rest of Trine 2 play like the demo? It's a gorgeous game, but it seems like there's too much emphasis on the puzzling aspect of the platforming for my tastes.
[/QUOTE]

The entire game is based around the puzzle aspect. It's not simply focused on combat and platforming. Don't let that discourage you though because it's a fantastic game.

[quote name='Terrificy']http://spikysnail.com/2012/06/the-splatters-on-sale-july-10-16-on-xbla/

The Splatters confirmed for Steals & Deals app, which also shows that they change every tuesday.[/QUOTE]

I saw that it said it would be a part of the Sales & Specials, but I didn't see any mention of it being part of the App, unless I missed something.

This is the regular "Sales and Specials" page.

Regardless, it's a pretty fun game. The combos can kind of be a pain in the ass.

Ouch, I'll update the OP. Good catch. I love how Major Nelson adds one tiny gray "Update" line at the bottom of his posts, and then doesn't even bump the post back to the top of the page. I never in a million years would have seen that "Update".

[quote name='bardockkun']Sucks for people who waited forever for a sale on Black Ops. It also means another sale on Halo 3 or Borderlands DLC just to fit something in between on quick notice, which is bad news for all of us.[/QUOTE]

You're right, it'd be nice if they did a really great sale for us to make up for it. But they won't it will be Borderlands again. Or Red Dead Redemption.

As for The Splatters, I interpreted it as being the app. I think it was due to the "Look for us under Sales & Specials on the XBOX dash". If I recall correctly, the category is named something else on the Dash, and thus that line would be referring to the app. I could be wrong, I could be right. We know there's a sale though, so the location doesn't really matter much.

By the way, guys, Borderlands DLC is "only" on sale about every third month, so we still have like 8 DotW's before we see it again :)

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']That better be the sale. I have waited forever for the black ops maps.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Black Ops is the last CoD I have bought and I've been wanting those Zombie maps for so long.

[quote name='Terrificy']As for The Splatters, I interpreted it as being the app. I think it was due to the "Look for us under Sales & Specials on the XBOX dash". If I recall correctly, the category is named something else on the Dash, and thus that line would be referring to the app. I could be wrong, I could be right. We know there's a sale though, so the location doesn't really matter much.

By the way, guys, Borderlands DLC is "only" on sale about every third month, so we still have like 8 DotW's before we see it again :)[/QUOTE]
The deals section on the dashboard is called Sales & Specials, which is what they're talking about.

Has anyone noticed a glitch in the scratch and match loser area. I just purchased the Pinball FX classic and go to exit to the dashboard for it to continue downloading and it just auto cancels it. Have to stay in the Download Details section and watch it download for it to keep downloading.

This also happen to me when i bought Trine 2, and Shoot Many Robots through the app.

May just be my xbox.

I think that's how Xbox Live works. Normally, if you try to download DLC from within a game, you can't back out to the game and play while it downloads. It requires you to stay there and watch it finish, which I guess is also the case for apps.

[quote name='smiley80118']Has anyone noticed a glitch in the scratch and match loser area. I just purchased the Pinball FX classic and go to exit to the dashboard for it to continue downloading and it just auto cancels it. Have to stay in the Download Details section and watch it download for it to keep downloading.

This also happen to me when i bought Trine 2, and Shoot Many Robots through the app.

May just be my xbox.[/QUOTE]

Happend to me too when I bought Shoot Many Robots. All you have to do after cancelling is go to the games page and redownload (for free of course) and it'll add it to your download queue.

is the jurassic park game any good? i love the books and movies, can't say i've gone out of my way to play a point and click game though, ever. i remember playing the sega cd one actually and it was kinda cool. but idk, is it worth $20 for the GOD? it costs the same price used and i guess i'd rather save the shelf space as long as i know it's a fun ride.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']is the jurassic park game any good? i love the books and movies, can't say i've gone out of my way to play a point and click game though, ever. i remember playing the sega cd one actually and it was kinda cool. but idk, is it worth $20 for the GOD? it costs the same price used and i guess i'd rather save the shelf space as long as i know it's a fun ride.[/QUOTE]
It's decent. The disappointing thing is that it was rushed, so it's a bit buggy and not nearly as polished as I expect from their games. I'm glad I got it for free.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']is the jurassic park game any good? i love the books and movies, can't say i've gone out of my way to play a point and click game though, ever. i remember playing the sega cd one actually and it was kinda cool. but idk, is it worth $20 for the GOD? it costs the same price used and i guess i'd rather save the shelf space as long as i know it's a fun ride.[/QUOTE]

The gaming podcasts I listened to seemed to say it was not good....

[quote name='JiveT']well its good to see the Summer of Arcade promotion bonus has gotten significantly worse THANKS MICROSOFT![/QUOTE]

400 free points for buying only 3 games instead of all 5 is significantly worse? That's some wicked entitlement you've got there.

[quote name='GUNNM']If you don't feel like buying SOA just wait a month and PS+ will give them free.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I can't wait to play Wreckateer on PS3. :roll:

[quote name='eastx']Yup, I can't wait to play Wreckateer on PS3. :roll:[/QUOTE]

And the Microsoft published Deadlight and Dust: An Elysian Tail.

[quote name='eastx']400 free points for buying only 3 games instead of all 5 is significantly worse? That's some wicked entitlement you've got there.[/QUOTE]

Points aren't the only thing that matter though. The quality of games are significantly worse (in my opinion) than they used to be. Some of the greatest games on XBL have been part of previous Summer of Arcades. These one's just don't seem too interesting. Although I am somewhat looking forward to Tony Hawk HD and Deadlight.

[quote name='weeman43302']Points aren't the only thing that matter though. The quality of games are significantly worse (in my opinion) than they used to be. Some of the greatest games on XBL have been part of previous Summer of Arcades. These one's just don't seem too interesting. Although I am somewhat looking forward to Tony Hawk HD and Deadlight.[/QUOTE]
He was just talking about the bonus for buying games, which is arguably one of the best this year since you're not required to buy them all to get some points back.

[quote name='GUNNM']If you don't feel like buying SOA just wait a month and PS+ will give them free.[/QUOTE]

No thanks. I want Deadlight and Dust asap. :p

The bonus this year is weaker than 2010 (400 if you buy 3, 800 MSP back if you buy all 5), and some might argue that it is weaker than 2011 (1200 MSP title for buying all 5) - I can definately see the point to the later, at least.
With 400 MSP back, you're basically just getting one of the titles for 800 MSP (or 400 MSP if it's Wreckateer). It's not exactly a bad deal if you're already buying the games, but not enough to make anyone decide to buy one more game, I hope.

I just hope it's like 2011 where you still get the rebate if you get review codes for the games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']He was just talking about the bonus for buying games, which is arguably one of the best this year since you're not required to buy them all to get some points back.[/QUOTE]

I realize that now...:roll: I completely missed the promotion part of his comment.

[quote name='eastx']Yup, I can't wait to play Wreckateer on PS3. :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog']And the Microsoft published Deadlight and Dust: An Elysian Tail.[/QUOTE]

LOL! :applause:

^Wow I actually own all three. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Apparently the co-op portion of Lode Runner is like 15 hours? What the hell!?!? Like Mr. Dulacre said, if anybody has finished Co-Op Mode in Lode Runner and feels like helping out, feel free to PM me here or message me on Xbox. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back