XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess we won't be hearing about the next offer from Xbox Rewards until tomorrow. I really wanted to know so I can buy the games that are on sale already.

I hope it is something really good to coincide with all the good looking games coming out in June, besides the buy 3 SOA, get 400 back deal. I only plan on getting Tony Hawk HD anyway.

So last week I finally finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West(great game btw). Been waiting for the dlc "Pigsy's Perfect 10" to go on sale, but it never had. Since it was such a great game, I didn't mind paying the full $10 for it.

My impressions - DLC was similiar yet different from the main campaign. You play as Pigsy, there's platforming but you're using his hook hand to get from platfrom to platform and the shooting sequences are kinda like the main game, but fairly different. You're using a sniper rifle instead. It lasted about 3-4 hours, but somehow felt like it ran an hour too long. There's like 15 chapters and by the time I got to 10, it just seemed to keep going. It had a certain level of charm, but just....dunno. Seemed to wear thin after a bit. Pigsy's character played well off the other characters in the disc based portion, but this dlc seemed like it was just lacking something.

Overall a fun bit of dlc that I don't regret buying. Got all the achivements easily except for one chievo(4-5 hrs worth of play time). And that one was for finding all the collectibles. Unlike the main game, there is no way to track what items you missed from the chapter select screen. You need to play through all dlc chapters with a guide to make sure you get all of em. Not worth it to me.......I say for those on the fence, wait till it drops to $5. Story was okay yet not as good as the disc portion, but if you wanna support the devs for a game that underperformed at retail, go for it like I did :)

[quote name='Dustinator']So last week I finally finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West(great game btw). Been waiting for the dlc "Pigsy's Perfect 10" to go on sale, but it never had. Since it was such a great game, I didn't mind paying the full $10 for it.

My impressions - DLC was similiar yet different from the main campaign. You play as Pigsy, there's platforming but you're using his hook hand to get from platfrom to platform and the shooting sequences are kinda like the main game, but fairly different. You're using a sniper rifle instead. It lasted about 3-4 hours, but somehow felt like it ran an hour too long. There's like 15 chapters and by the time I got to 10, it just seemed to keep going. It had a certain level of charm, but just....dunno. Seemed to wear thin after a bit. Pigsy's character played well off the other characters in the disc based portion, but this dlc seemed like it was just lacking something.

Overall a fun bit of dlc that I don't regret buying. Got all the achivements easily except for one chievo(4-5 hrs worth of play time). And that one was for finding all the collectibles. Unlike the main game, there is no way to track what items you missed from the chapter select screen. You need to play through all dlc chapters with a guide to make sure you get all of em. Not worth it to me.......I say for those on the fence, wait till it drops to $5. Story was okay yet not as good as the disc portion, but if you wanna support the devs for a game that underperformed at retail, go for it like I did :)[/QUOTE]

I really appreciated that the DLC wasn't more of the same, like so much DLC seems to be. I enjoyed the change in the focus of the gameplay and the story was kinda cute.

It took me 2 playthroughs to get all the collectibles, BTW.

Has anyone had any issues with redeeming the 100 MSP codes from Bing? I had 3x 100 point codes that I had redeemed from Bing myself and when I went to add them to my Xbox account it said "Please enter a valid code". I tried redeeming a random avatar item code I had just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my account and it redeemed fine.

UPDATE: Just did a live chat with Microsoft support at my bing codes not redeeming and this was the outcome:

Support: Since I am showing those codes as valid and for whatever reason you're unable to redeem them, I'm going to credit you the points from my end. If you end up being able to redeem these codes later, consider it a bonus. My supervisor just informed me it has taken hers two weeks to be able to be redeemed.
Support: Which is wierd to me since mine redeem right away. Go figure, right?
Support: There we go, XXXXX. I got 320 points credited back to your account. Like I said, you can try again in a few days to redeem those codes and it will just be a bonus for you. The reference number for this is XXXXXX.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Any luck yet? No helpers are calling =/[/QUOTE]

No, and I'm gonna give up on it. I suck so hard at Trials anyway I really don't want to bother with the Hard levels.

[quote name='tylerh1701']No, and I'm gonna give up on it. I suck so hard at Trials anyway I really don't want to bother with the Hard levels.[/QUOTE]

Well you're not alone but after around 900 tries the last level on hard was done lol...don't even want to try extreme

[quote name='LordVila']Has anyone had any issues with redeeming the 100 MSP codes from Bing? I had 2x 100 point codes that I had redeemed from Bing myself and when I went to add them to my Xbox account it said "Please enter a valid code". I tried redeeming a random avatar item code I had just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my account and it redeemed fine.

UPDATE: Just did a live chat with Microsoft support at my bing codes not redeeming and this was the outcome:
[/QUOTE]

Why were you granted 320 points? That's 2x160, not 2x100. There is a limit to how many 160 MSP codes you can redeem, therefore it could make sense that you couldn't redeem any more of those. That's what I've heard from a number of guys, at least.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Well you're not alone but after around 900 tries the last level on hard was done lol...don't even want to try extreme

[quote name='Terrificy']Why were you granted 320 points? That's 2x160, not 2x100. There is a limit to how many 160 MSP codes you can redeem, therefore it could make sense that you couldn't redeem any more of those. That's what I've heard from a number of guys, at least.[/QUOTE]

It was most definitely 3x 100 I was trying to redeem. The only thing I can figure for the 20 extra points was either it was given to me for my inconvenience or that it was just easier for them to add 320 points then to add 300 points.

Had same problem today. Sent off a note about it. Havent heard back yet. So youre not alone.

[quote name='LordVila']Has anyone had any issues with redeeming the 100 MSP codes from Bing? I had 2x 100 point codes that I had redeemed from Bing myself and when I went to add them to my Xbox account it said "Please enter a valid code". I tried redeeming a random avatar item code I had just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my account and it redeemed fine.

Support: Since I am showing those codes as valid and for whatever reason you're unable to redeem them, I'm going to credit you the points from my end. If you end up being able to redeem these codes later, consider it a bonus. My supervisor just informed me it has taken hers two weeks to be able to be redeemed.
Support: There we go, XXXXX. I got 320 points credited back to your account. Like I said, you can try again in a few days to redeem those codes and it will just be a bonus for you. The reference number for this is XXXXXX.[/QUOTE]

Support: There we go, XXXXX. I got 320 points credited back to your account. Like I said, you can try again in a few days to redeem those codes and it will just be a bonus for you. The reference number for this is XXXXXX.[/QUOTE]

How old were the codes? I have some from throughout all of June and I hope I don't have any trouble redeemming them

Thought it was just me. One of mine wasn't working either.

Damn just tried one of my codes from my wordpad and it didn't work. I have 80x100 MSP codes they're probably all dead now. lolol

I had the same issue this morning...where do I find the live chat option???

Edit: found the live chat...they didn't help at all. I really hope I can get the points by Wednesday for Spelunky.

[quote name='garrett007']How old were the codes? I have some from throughout all of June and I hope I don't have any trouble redeemming them[/QUOTE]

The oldest code was from June 1 and the newest code was from today.

This is the link to the customer support that I used to get the bing issue resolved. I just choose the live chat option:
Xbox Customer Support

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya, you'd have to have at least one game completed to have a shot at it this week. I also have 200/200 on Lazy Raiders, it's not hard at all but it is time consuming.

Anyways, I still really like the Cheeve Challenge because I've been able to pick up lots of games from guys trading them. Good luck on Lode Runner, I think I'll go back to my newly acquired FIFA Street.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with that, won't be able to complete the challenge if you had ti do all 3 from the scratch...

They are all very time consuming...but well maybe I found someone who's willing to help me out with the co-op in lode runner...waiting for a respond...

Then there would be only 1 achievement left...and right now the 4 extreme tracks in trial look more doable than 60 levels of lode runner left

oh boy, I'm in live chat right now and he is having me delete system data and recover my gamertag. I really do not want to go through with all of this when there is a good chance it won't work for our problem

I've twice had the problem redeeming bing codes, and both times it has fixed itself within a few days and the codes were then redeemable. Support from either xbox or bing is just a waste of your time, trust me.

[quote name='theking20']Damn, i hope that call of duty dlc sale happens

It'd be a great deal, cmonnnnn[/QUOTE]

I hope so too. The CoD maps are overpriced as is and the Black Ops maps (to my knowledge) have not ever been discounted.

[quote name='foreinter']Has the Call of Duty DLC sale been confirmed? I[/QUOTE]

Yes it's on Major Nelson's blog.

Edit: Nevermind I see Major took it off his blog post.

[quote name='gotdott']I was just told by support that I am unable to redeem codes because I have reached the limit (5 per year)[/QUOTE]

That can't be right. I've redeemed at least twice that many this year. 5 per month maybe?

[quote name='chernobog']That can't be right. I've redeemed at least twice that many this year. 5 per month maybe?[/QUOTE]

I redeemed 4 100 MSP in Feb and 1 100 MSP in April. I was trying to redeem a 400 MSP code and she told me that they both are listed as "promotions" and count for the 5 limit...

Maybe it's something they implemented recently? If so that sucks... since there's no disclaimer

Damn this Bing error sounds like it sucks. I have like 700 Bing points that I was planning to cash out for points soon, but maybe I'll just cash them out for the Amazon GC.

I'm eagerly awaiting the new Xbox Live Reward offer. I still haven't decided to get the one avatar item at 240MSP for a 80MSP refund, because of the potential spending I will be doing in the next couple months. At least I made a suggestion to the "My Stats" section of the Xbox Live Rewards: a graph of Microsoft Points spent per week, potentially detailing the week's DotW and breakdown of spending.

I hope the new Reward offer will ease purchases now that it is a new month. The Games on Demand titles still tempt me, alongside this week's DotW games like Nexuiz at only 200MSP. To compound the matter, there are a few XBLA titles due out I had been willing to support at full initial release price (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, and considering Spelunky, Quantum Conundrum, and Deadlight).

Seeing all the prices of those XBLA titles I desire at 1200MSP (except for Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre at 800MSP), I may have to hold out for discounts even though I really want to support a few of the titles. I may not be able to resist Dust: An Elysian Tail for Summer of Arcade, but those games for the past couple years tend to see a discount for a New Years countdown. The high pricing has brought notice that I am running out of Microsoft Points, and I've not seen points on a discount recently. I follow the Live Subscription and MSP thread as much as I do this one, but I've got no luck, so point me in a direction for nice cheap points.

I know of the Bing Rewards, and I thank those here pointing out the MSP are free of region. It is much more preferable than when I had to buy a Microsoft Points card from Japan through someone else (so I paid more, and then I was stuck for a while unable to decide what to purchase with the remainder, it was kind of evil how the points cards are 1400 points even though the point value of items are usually in 400/800 increments). I did burn all the recent extra searches just to get a couple of DLC from a side foreign account. The process will begin again but I expect the usual slow rate, opposed to the recent offer of 21 points a day for the past month, so Bing will provide me with enough points for some bonus some other month.

I like there's finally an app on the dashboard which speaks to me now in the sales app. Has there been any other prizes offered aside from R-type Dimensions?

[quote name='Crono-00']I'm eagerly awaiting the new Xbox Live Reward offer. I still haven't decided to get the one avatar item at 240MSP for a 80MSP refund, because of the potential spending I will be doing in the next couple months. At least I made a suggestion to the "My Stats" section of the Xbox Live Rewards: a graph of Microsoft Points spent per week, potentially detailing the week's DotW and breakdown of spending.

I hope the new Reward offer will ease purchases now that it is a new month. The Games on Demand titles still tempt me, alongside this week's DotW games like Nexuiz at only 200MSP. To compound the matter, there are a few XBLA titles due out I had been willing to support at full initial release price (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, and considering Spelunky, Quantum Conundrum, and Deadlight).

Seeing all the prices of those XBLA titles I desire at 1200MSP (except for Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre at 800MSP), I may have to hold out for discounts even though I really want to support a few of the titles. I may not be able to resist Dust: An Elysian Tail for Summer of Arcade, but those games for the past couple years tend to see a discount for a New Years countdown. The high pricing has brought notice that I am running out of Microsoft Points, and I've not seen points on a discount recently. I follow the Live Subscription and MSP thread as much as I do this one, but I've got no luck, so point me in a direction for nice cheap points.

I know of the Bing Rewards, and I thank those here pointing out the MSP are free of region. It is much more preferable than when I had to buy a Microsoft Points card from Japan through someone else (so I paid more, and then I was stuck for a while unable to decide what to purchase with the remainder, it was kind of evil how the points cards are 1400 points even though the point value of items are usually in 400/800 increments). I did burn all the recent extra searches just to get a couple of DLC from a side foreign account. The process will begin again but I expect the usual slow rate, opposed to the recent offer of 21 points a day for the past month, so Bing will provide me with enough points for some bonus some other month.

I like there's finally an app on the dashboard which speaks to me now in the sales app. Has there been any other prizes offered aside from R-type Dimensions?[/QUOTE]

Woah. Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre at 800 msp? Source?

July Rewards Promo:

Get 200 Microsoft Points back when you spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on any eligible Superhero Movies, Game Add-ons, or Avatar Items in July!*

Time to get Trine 2 and Shoot Many Robots now I guess. Though this work out pretty awesome for getting the Pinball FX 2 Marvel tables.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I guess you could also buy Gotham City Impostors (which is 800 MSP right now) and get 200 MSP back, making it a 600 msp game..half off.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea. Some friends have been bugging me to get into Gotham City Imposters.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I guess you could also buy Gotham City Impostors (which is 800 MSP right now) and get 200 MSP back, making it a 600 msp game..half off.[/QUOTE]
It says add ons, but not games though is only thing worrying me. Plus the marketplace hasn't officially updated to show what qualifies on the marketplace yet.

see now would be a good time to get harley's revenge if you didnt want the goty edition. Honestly I have no fucking idea what superhero related dlc I can buy? I dont play pinball so I can rule that out.

[quote name='gotdott']I redeemed 4 100 MSP in Feb and 1 100 MSP in April. I was trying to redeem a 400 MSP code and she told me that they both are listed as "promotions" and count for the 5 limit...

Maybe it's something they implemented recently? If so that sucks... since there's no disclaimer[/QUOTE]

I have been cashing in on this every day for months. Its a great deal. Shame if it goes away. We will see, I guess. Thanks for the info.

looking at the rewards page and it does not mention games.
and at the bottom where it has info about it it is only talking about when you get the points.
there is a link to take to eligible content but it jst takes to a search page for music.

would a redeem code dlc count as a purchase towards this?

At the bottom of the Reward offer, the asterisk shows the following: Eligible Superheroes are Captain America, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, and Iron Man.

So, not ALL Marvel stuff is eligible? If you bought the Hulk fists, for example, it wouldn't count? And how much Superman content is available to count towards this? Me am glad for sale.

[quote name='Crono-00']I like there's finally an app on the dashboard which speaks to me now in the sales app. Has there been any other prizes offered aside from R-type Dimensions?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Managed to win it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back