XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Coasterama DLC pack is on sale for 50% off at 160 Microsoft points, as showing in the OP

I'm not a fan of Carnival Games. However, the rollercoaster part of Carnival Games was fun and by far the best part of the game. So if you're looking to make this game more fun and tolerable, then get this DLC pack! It seems like you get 3 rollercoasters.

description: Get more heart-pounding thrills, twists and turns in this new roller coaster downloadable pack. Grab gold coins as you race through ancient tombs and pyramids in Mummy Madness; get spaced out in Galactic Express; and dodge medieval mayhem in the fiery Dragon’s Den!

Here's a 720P sample of the regular rollercoaster track in Carnival Games (I don't have footage of the new tracks):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGREfSPLyoQ

[quote name='tylerh1701']Haha that's the only game on there so far that I didn't already own. I tried almost every day that week, but alas no PvNDB![/QUOTE]

I know I really wanted to win it too, since a deal on it is almost positively NEVER going to happen, and its 1200 isn't it?

[quote name='sicsonic']I know I really wanted to win it too, since a deal on it is almost positively NEVER going to happen, and its 1200 isn't it?[/QUOTE]

I think it's 800, don't feel like checking, but you're right it will never go on sale, and from what I hear it's probably not even worth $5.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Uggg...now I bought DA:O DLC when it was on sale but eventually bought the Ultimate version since it dropped in price mAking my digital purchase worthless. Has there been any talk about an Ultimate version for DA2? Do not want to buy this dlc and then realize a new $30 version is going to released.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything about a DA2 "ultimate" edition or anything coming out, which is why I gave up on it back in March and found a new copy of the game for $11 (as I did want the black emporium / mabari). Hoping for a sale on the DLC for that game at some point.

I'll probably pick up the DXHR DLC, since I missed it earlier this year, as I hadn't gotten the game yet (and then gamefly had a good sale for it shortly afterward). I still haven't started the game, but I've heard the DLC is worthwhile, and I've got some extra points sitting around (thanks to Bing!)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Where did the 1:20 thing come from for the Scratch & Match sweepstakes? The rules specifically say the odds are 1:1000.[/QUOTE]

It's per prize. Seems avatar items are 1-20.

Big Huge update from EA tonight, these may be price drops. And they include the most wanted Crysis! Ruse is in there too but I think it's mostly EA GOD.

Dead Space™ - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Battlefield: Bad Co. - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Battlefield 2: MC - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Command and Conquer 3 - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Dragon Age: Origins - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
MOH Airborne - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
C&C Red Alert 3 - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
skate. - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Skate 2 - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
LOTR: Conquest - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Trivial Pursuit - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Fight Night Round 4 - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ - Part 1 - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
R.U.S.E. - 1040 ($13.00) Microsoft Points - 35% off - xbldb
Dante's Inferno™ - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Crysis - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Warner/Reprise Track Pack - 250 ($3.13) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Meet the Robinsons - 1600 ($20.00) Microsoft Points - 33% off - xbldb

EA had a number of permanent price drops on their games on PSN, so those may be permanent. I'd still be surprised if MS let publishers break the $20 floor for Games on Demand games.

LOTR: Conquest? Isn't that the game where the servers were shut down like 6 months after release?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']EA had a number of permanent price drops on their games on PSN, so those may be permanent. I'd still be surprised if MS let publishers break the $20 floor for Games on Demand games.[/QUOTE]

I think that may have changed a couple of months ago. Some titles, like the Viva Pinata games, dropped to $15 in June and have remained there.

[quote name='Spylon']Big Huge update from EA tonight, these may be price drops. And they include the most wanted Crysis! Ruse is in there too but I think it's mostly EA GOD.

Crysis - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off
[/QUOTE]

At long last. Thanks man!

[quote name='louiedog']LOTR: Conquest? Isn't that the game where the servers were shut down like 6 months after release?

I think that may have changed a couple of months ago. Some titles, like the Viva Pinata games, dropped to $15 in June and have remained there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Conquest servers are offline I believe.

Also, I noticed that to with a ton of Rare games dropping to $15. Hopefully MS gets even more nice and starts having games go to $10 or less permanently.

I'm undecided on Crysis mainly because Counterstrike is out next week. But I've wanted the game since day 1 so I'll probably have to grab it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Figures I finally buy Crysis on PS3 and they drop it to $15 on XBLA. Now do I just buy it again. I prefer the 360 for FPS.[/QUOTE]
So is the way of the XBL deals. Then let me say thank you for the rest of us CAG who were hesitant to purchase it because we were literally waiting on someone to purchase it and curse afterwards.

Now who on here wants to buy Resident Evil 4 next Monday?

[quote name='bardockkun']So is the way of the XBL deals. Then let me say thank you for the rest of us CAG who were hesitant to purchase it because we were literally waiting on someone to purchase it and curse afterwards.

Now who on here wants to buy Resident Evil 4 next Monday?[/QUOTE]

not me since Im planning on getting the RE 6 revelations. :D

Not me as well. Not yet. If it doesn't go on sale by October though, it'll probably go on sale in November (as I think in October, I will finally bite the bullet on it if it's not on sale).

Looks like I'll be picking up Crysis though. Was waiting for that to hit a sale. Would prefer $10, but I can't complain too much I suppose.

[quote name='GUNNM']holy shit crysis finally went on sale. I wish dante's inferno was $5 cheaper[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 is on sale right now at Best Buy for $9.99. Disc format, but in case you didnt know.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Crysis 2 is on sale right now at Best Buy for $9.99. Disc format, but in case you didnt know.[/QUOTE]

This is the 1st Crysis.

[quote name='sonnyforple']For the scratch and match, you can just create as many free silver accounts as you want to increase your chances right? I have several dummy silver accounts but never won a thing on them even on my gold account.[/QUOTE]

I have 3 silver accounts and ended up winning the Snoopy game on one of them., now my main can play it :applause:

The Deus ex dlc, is it recommended? How is Square with GOTY editions? Is this likely to be released on one down the line?

I play about everyday and have about 5 silver accounts besides my main account and have never won anything. It kinda sucks, but I guess it is what it is.

[quote name='louiedog']LOTR: Conquest? Isn't that the game where the servers were shut down like 6 months after release?[/QUOTE]It was just under a year, I believe, but servers are definitely down. Shame as the mp was actually pretty fun. The SP suffers as it just feels like mp with bots with shoehorned objectives.

Crysis finally goes on sale after I get it on PSN. I need to play my PS3 more anyway...

[quote name='dominator']I play about everyday and have about 5 silver accounts besides my main account and have never won anything. It kinda sucks, but I guess it is what it is.[/QUOTE]
So you're trying it from different 360's, right? Because it's not like they wouldn't send back your console ID along with your gamertag. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the Gooseler']How is Square with GOTY editions? Is this likely to be released on one down the line?[/QUOTE]
You tell us when you see one (besides for Batman, that is). If there was going to be a GOTY, you would've seen a steady stream of DLC already for the game beyond the 1 mini-campaign & 2 gun-packs.

that would be right, i buy crysis a couple of months ago and now it drops lol.

also with the resident evil 6 bundle that gets the other xbox games would they be codes or on disc?
if they are codes maybe there will be resident evil GoD codes going around after it comes out.

Help!

Want to pick up crysis, but when I click on buy it takes me to a page that it says it needs to verify account and that it has sent me an email with a code, except the email addy that it shows sending to isn't my @live account. It's some other email account-and there is no option to change it-so I never get a email with verification code. Anyone ever have this issue? Could it be because I'm overseas on vacation right now and accessing from another country? I don't know how that stuff works.

[quote name='GUNNM']holy shit crysis finally went on sale. I wish dante's inferno was $5 cheaper[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, it's a new hat !!!

SimpsonsMalibuStacy180.jpg

... or is it that all these games now have a $14.99 MSRP going forward, just like how you'll see at least 1/2 of these are listed on the Dashboard as "Recently Reduced", meaning it's a new lower price. :D

[quote name='bajingo']Help!

Want to pick up crysis, but when I click on buy it takes me to a page that it says it needs to verify account and that it has sent me an email with a code, except the email addy that it shows sending to isn't my @live account. It's some other email account-and there is no option to change it-so I never get a email with verification code. Anyone ever have this issue? Could it be because I'm overseas on vacation right now and accessing from another country? I don't know how that stuff works.[/QUOTE]

its happened to me before. that other email is your secondary email address that is set through your settings.
for me it said to verify my computer or something but i have not even changed my computer, so stupid.

maybe someone else can add some info

and i think with crysis it is not region locked like other games on demand games as i think when i got it a coule of months ago i got it for 1600 msp on the american account

[quote name='bajingo']Help! Want to pick up crysis, but when I click on buy it takes me to a page that it says it needs to verify account and that it has sent me an email with a code, except the email addy that it shows sending to isn't my @live account. It's some other email account-and there is no option to change it-so I never get a email with verification code. Anyone ever have this issue? I don't know how that stuff works.[/QUOTE]

I've created a shareable Google spreadsheet with relevant info we can put somewhere ...

[gs]0AkRGhTTk9OiFdGhjSHVGTEpUVzZNcW9hdXdYZVFyUnc[/gs]

[quote name='killer9']Guess i may pick up battlefield bad co and medal of honor airborne is battlefield modern combat[/lime] any good?[/QUOTE]

NO!!! The servers were shut down years ago. You'd be buying a game with very small single-player gameplay, meant for multi-player, and where you won't find anyone else. Same issue as LOTR:Conquest.

So, kind of off-topic but Bang Bang Racing is a fun little game if you get the Super Off Road/Championship Sprint itch as often as I do. The art style is quite nice and it's just your basic top-down racer with twisty tracks, like those old arcade titles.

Does anyone else think that Super Off Road, either just as a straight port or an HD remake, would be an awesome multiplayer XBLA game? Such cool tracks, nitros, and the leveling system gets you to keep playing.

It would lose some of the charm without the 3-way endlessly spinning wheels but I think people would love it. Atari's Sprint was fun but it can't compare to SOR. Too bad it has the Ivan Stewart licensing, which I imagine makes it even more difficult to come to market.

[quote name='Spylon']Big Huge update from EA tonight, these may be price drops. And they include the most wanted Crysis! Ruse is in there too but I think it's mostly EA GOD.[/QUOTE]
Dammit, I gotta put away the BBcode editor & get back to work!

OK, 1 last update to the OP. I've added "multiplayer" info to all the EA GoD games ... unless you have some "very" compelling reason to pick up the oldest titles, you should stick to purchasing the ones that still have multiplayer support, and haven't been dropped by EA.

That's it! No more CAG for the night, I promise! :D

[quote name='gubmccargen']So, kind of off-topic but Bang Bang Racing is a fun little game if you get the Super Off Road/Championship Sprint itch as often as I do. The art style is quite nice and it's just your basic top-down racer with twisty tracks, like those old arcade titles.

Does anyone else think that Super Off Road, either just as a straight port or an HD remake, would be an awesome multiplayer XBLA game? Such cool tracks, nitros, and the leveling system gets you to keep playing.

It would lose some of the charm without the 3-way endlessly spinning wheels but I think people would love it. Atari's Sprint was fun but it can't compare to SOR. Too bad it has the Ivan Stewart licensing, which I imagine makes it even more difficult to come to market.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see Super Off Road or even RC Pro Am!

:cool:

[quote name='gubmccargen']So, kind of off-topic but Bang Bang Racing is a fun little game if you get the Super Off Road/Championship Sprint itch as often as I do. The art style is quite nice and it's just your basic top-down racer with twisty tracks, like those old arcade titles.

It would lose some of the charm without the 3-way endlessly spinning wheels but I think people would love it. Atari's Sprint was fun but it can't compare to SOR. Too bad it has the Ivan Stewart licensing, which I imagine makes it even more difficult to come to market.[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo for this game back when it came out, and I'd just rather play the old games it's copying. They are a lot more fun.

[quote name='wEEman33']I tried the demo for this game back when it came out, and I'd just rather play the old games it's copying. They are a lot more fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. Bang Bang Racing has decent graphics, but the actual gameplay and single-player structure are just plain boring. There is practically nothing creative about the entire game; it's 100% by the numbers. I had much more fun with Jeremy McGrath's Offroad, different style of racer though it is.

[quote name='xbox_man']that would be right, i buy crysis a couple of months ago and now it drops lol.

also with the resident evil 6 bundle that gets the other xbox games would they be codes or on disc?
if they are codes maybe there will be resident evil GoD codes going around after it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil 4, 5 Gold Edition and Code Veronica are all download codes on the 360 version (not sure about PS3). So yeah I'm sure you will be able to find some codes being sold/traded.

[quote name='eastx']I'm with you on that. Bang Bang Racing has decent graphics, but the actual gameplay and single-player structure are just plain boring. There is practically nothing creative about the entire game; it's 100% by the numbers. I had much more fun with Jeremy McGrath's Offroad, different style of racer though it is.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with EastX on this one. Bang Bang Racing had all the pieces in place to be a good top-down racer, but it was way too basic and boring to be fun. The tracks and races just started to run together, and there wasn't nearly enough variety for me to enjoy it. Just race after race after race after race...

@RonimoGames just announced on twitter that "Awesomenauts will be 50% off for the coming 2 weeks on PSN & XBLA!!!"

edit: They've deleted the tweet and changed it to 50% off on PSN in Europe. Seems like an odd mistake, maybe they jumped the gun a bit and we'll see something about it next week.

Is that a temporary price drop on Crysis or permanent? I just got Crysis 2 for $10 during BestBuy's Gamer Blowout sale and am interested in the original.

Also got Crysis 2 at BB, do I need to play 1 to understand what's going down in 2?

I still think $15 is kinda crazy for a XBLA downloadable game, I want it for $10 or less!!

Crysis is not XBLA. It's Games on Demand. And it's never been on sale so it's a beggers can't be choosers situation. And EA doesn't have a reputation of having great sales.

Then again, Minecraft is XBLA and it's $20 and the #1 seller. Go figure.

[quote name='dirtyvu']Crysis is not XBLA. It's Games on Demand. And it's never been on sale so it's a beggers can't be choosers situation. And EA doesn't have a reputation of having great sales.

Then again, Minecraft is XBLA and it's $20 and the #1 seller. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

EA has some pretty good sales on XBLA for DLC that I can remember, at least for the games that I've wanted stuff for. As far as Games on Demand, they're one of the better publishers in my opinion. They drop their games far more often, and much faster, to $20 than anyone else, including Microsoft. There are a ton of well received EA games for $20 (and now $15) on the service that are newer than a lot of $30 and $40 POS from other companies.

I forgot Crysis is a Games on Demand exclusive so who knows if/when it'll drop again. It includes 40 achievements for 1000 GS. I'm picking it up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back