XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the math and I should be spending around 3,000 or more points today. Why can't there be a 5% rebate this month? Or heck, even this week.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Nice to see lots of sale items this week. But question, I have the first Duels of the Planeswalkers, is 2012 much better or should I not bother?[/QUOTE]

2012 was much better. You can actually remove some of the cards in decks as long as you meet the minimum #.

[quote name='Tsel']What's the best Forza 4 DLC to pick up? Or should I just pick all the ones on sale up?[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, when you buy those it doesn't unlock the cars, it only unlocks them for ingame purchase. (With ingame money)

[quote name='Dark Rider']Just so you know, when you buy those it doesn't unlock the cars, it only unlocks them for ingame purchase. (With ingame money)[/QUOTE]

I know. That's fine with me.

IMO, all of the Forza 4 DLC has been good. I bought the season pass back when the game out and just bought the May pack when it came out. If you want to do some racing, let me know. I have a race team and we all just get together and have a great time.

I recommend Happy Action Theater if you have kids. My 7 and 4 year old played the heck out of that thing. It also might be the easiest 200/200 I've ever seen. I downloaded the demo, and after the kids played the demo 4x back-to-back I had to buy it.

I bought Fruit Ninja Kinect a month ago. I wish I had waited for a sale, but I wasn't willing to. I love that game.

Castle Crashers and Beyond Good and Evil HD are both MUSTS. No 'if's, 'and's or 'but's - you need to own both of these if you have XBLA.

I loved Might and Magic, but I can't recommend it more universally. It's kind of Niche.

"Iron Brigade" is what they call "Trenched" now? Okay. It doesn't seem like my kind of game, but I'll buy just about anything DoubleFine. Time to Demo it.

I used to love Magic: The Gathering. Duels of the Planeswalkers had some issues and I lost interest. It's nice to hear Magic 2012 might have resolved them. I may pick that up after all.

tl:dr - Yay games! Yay deals!

[quote name='John82']Some more Deals

DOTW

Double Fine Happy Action Theater - 400msp (was 800)
Haunt - 400msp (was 800)
Hole in the Wall - 400msp (was 800)
Leedmees - 400msp (was 800)

Castle Crashers - 600msp (was 1200)
Fusion: Genesis - 400msp (was 800)
Iron Brigade - 600msp (was 1200)
--Rise of the Martian Bear - 200msp (was 400)
Orcs Must Die! - 600msp (was 1200)
Magic 2012 - 400msp (was 800)
--Magic 2012 Expansion - 200msp (was 400)
Trials HD - 600msp (was 1200)
--Trials HD: Big Thrills - 200msp (was 400)
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - 600msp (was 1200)
--Worms: UM Single-player pack - 200msp (was 400)

Forza 4
--January Jalopnik pack - 280msp (was 560)
--February American Le Mans Series pack - 280msp (was 560)

Gears of War 3
--Hoard Command Pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Skin packs also reduced

Halo Reach
--Anniversary map pack - 600msp (was 1200)
--Defiant map pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Noble map pack - 400msp (was 800)

Kinect Sports Season 2
--Maple leaf golf pack - 200msp (was 400)
--Midnight Mountain pack - 200msp (was 400)

Stolen from NEOGAF :oops:[/QUOTE]

Thanks John82. I was just randomly going through this thread and saw this. Picked up Castle Crashers and Iron Brigade.

I have 600 left and do you think I should get the Iron Brigade DLC and something else or Orcs Must Die but I might get this from Steam when it goes on sale.

[quote name='krashhole']IMO, all of the Forza 4 DLC has been good. I bought the season pass back when the game out and just bought the May pack when it came out. If you want to do some racing, let me know. I have a race team and we all just get together and have a great time.[/QUOTE]

Sounds fun. Mind if I add you on XBL?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Just noticed there is also a free Max Payne 3 DLC,not sure if this will always be free since it used to be $2.

Also, The Gunstringer: Real Big Shootin' DLC is 50% off too.

Heck a lot of stuff is on sale that isn't listed easily. http://xbldb.com/offer-highlights[/QUOTE]

great find on the max dlc. When you click on it, it showed 160 but i got it to work.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']great find on the max dlc. When you click on it, it showed 160 but i got it to work.[/QUOTE]

Hmm that is odd. I guess MS messed up, so everyone jump on this while it lasts.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']great find on the max dlc. When you click on it, it showed 160 but i got it to work.[/QUOTE]

This offer is not valid in your country... -_- Oh Germany you so silly...

[quote name='KyleGamgee']I recommend Happy Action Theater if you have kids. My 7 and 4 year old played the heck out of that thing. It also might be the easiest 200/200 I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. The achievement that requires 6 people on screen is kinda touch if you don't have enough bodies. the game itself was fine for 15-20 minutes then it loses all it's appeal unless you have kinds. Even my 6 year old was done with it after about an hour. SO YYMV.

Sales are pretty good, only a few new games on sale for non-Kinect owners, but that's much better than what we've been getting. I was gonna reply to a bunch of people, but instead here's my take on some of the games, if you're interested:

Castle Crashers - Has been discussed to death on this thread, but it's probably worth 600 if you've never checked it out, but (to me) it was pretty standard fare beat-em-up. I can't imagine that it would be much fun in single player at all.

Trials HD - Has also been discussed to death on this thread, and most are really torn on this one. I don't want to start anything, so I'll just say check out the demo and see if it is for you. Keep in mind that it gets WAY WAY WAY harder, to a controller-smashingly hard difficulty level. Personally, Trials isn't for me, but check out the demo for yourself because there are TONS who love this game.

Iron Brigade - Another one that is way better with friends or at least randoms online (no local MP). I'd say the single player portion is still worth 600 easily and it is a fun game, but it gets a little monotonous and frustrating solo. This is because there are lots of spawn points on a lot of the maps, and your Trench vehicle is slow as hell. A good amount of customization within the game, though the currency in the game seemed to be 100% worthless. The DLC is apparently more of the same (and from reviews, extremely difficult to complete solo).

Orcs Must Die - Ironic that this is on sale the same week as Iron Brigade, because it's another tower defense game that just feels like it was built with MP in mind. Problem with this one is that there is ZERO multiplayer options. 600 is the max I'd recommend for this one as well, it can be fun but just as frustrating as multiple spawn points means lots of enemies sneaking into your base behind your back.

Fusion: Genesis - This is a weird one. It's a twin stick shooter set in space, but you get missions and tasks assigned to you. I've only put in about an hour, and it can be really overwhelming with all the menus, items, customizations, leveling, and factions that you work with through the game. I'm not 100% sure I understand the game yet.

NEXT WEEK'S SALES:

Outland - Awesome game. Well worth 400msp. Best game of the 2-week bunch!

BG&E HD - fucked up camera controls if you play inverted. Haven't gotten into the actual game yet, not really a lot of ambition to do so because I'm gonna have to re-learn the camera.

I already own Trenched. Is it going to update the next time I play it, or make me buy Iron Brigade instead? There are a few games I've bought and they wanted me to re-buy after a major update. =\

Well I had points to burn, and burn them I did. I probably have a couple of stinkers in there but I picked up:
Rhythm Party
Leedmees
Martian Bear DLC
Magic 2012 DLC

I am considering the Splinter Cell Conviction DLC. I don't play co-op, but I've heard the co-op achievements do not really 2 players to knock out. I haven't played the actual game yet, but I am thinking I better grab this just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of getting:

Forza Motorsport 4 DLC
Gears of War 3 - Raam's Shadow and Horde Command pack
Trials HD DLC

Worms isn't for me, but I'm gonna try out the demos for Iron Brigade and Orcs Must Die and see how I like those.

[quote name='ooga']Rhythm Heaven[/QUOTE]

Darn you for getting my hopes up that there was something I missed.

[quote name='pastorscott19']Finally caved on Raam's Shadow for half price. Should be a good couple of hours of co-op with my son.[/QUOTE]

Its a great piece of dlc. Youll enjoy it alot. And if you play horde then the horde command pack is also worth it

[quote name='airco']Darn you for getting my hopes up that there was something I missed.[/QUOTE]

Ooops have Nintendo's title on the brain. Sorry about that! Meant Rhythm Party ;)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']This offer is not valid in your country... -_- Oh Germany you so silly...[/QUOTE]

I'm from EU as well and got the same error with my UK account, but was able to download it with US gamertag after that. :)

These are some pretty nice deals; even if some of the titles have been on sale again and again, it's nice to see some brand new ones.

Iron Brigade/DLC - I'll definitely buy this; I've been waiting for a sale on it and I actually considered paying full price for it.

Fusion Genesis - I'll probably pick this up; it seems really cool and contains a lot of content from what I've heard.

Halo: Reach map packs - I might buy the Defiant and Noble map packs. I've never played halo before, but my little brother has all of them except Anniversary, which I have in my backlog. I've decided I'll play through all of them, so it would be nice to have the map packs when I get to reach.

Kinect Arcade - Since I'm finally home for the summer, I can use my brother's kinect, so I have to decide which of these (if any) I want. I think I'll get Haunt (The Luigi's Mansion comment someone made makes me want this game. Maybe Fruit Ninja Kinect and Happy Action Theater, though the latter would be mainly just because of Double Fine.

I bought the Gears Season pass when it was on sale at Christmas Time, don't have Forza (although I want it), and everything else doesn't interest me.

I ordered two 4000 points cards from Target.com yesterday, I just hope they get here in time.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']These are some pretty nice deals; even if some of the titles have been on sale again and again, it's nice to see some brand new ones.

Iron Brigade/DLC - I'll definitely buy this; I've been waiting for a sale on it and I actually considered paying full price for it.

Fusion Genesis - I'll probably pick this up; it seems really cool and contains a lot of content from what I've heard.

Halo: Reach map packs - I might buy the Defiant and Noble map packs. I've never played halo before, but my little brother has all of them except Anniversary, which I have in my backlog. I've decided I'll play through all of them, so it would be nice to have the map packs when I get to reach.

Kinect Arcade - Since I'm finally home for the summer, I can use my brother's kinect, so I have to decide which of these (if any) I want. I think I'll get Haunt (The Luigi's Mansion comment someone made makes me want this game. Maybe Fruit Ninja Kinect and Happy Action Theater, though the latter would be mainly just because of Double Fine.

I bought the Gears Season pass when it was on sale at Christmas Time, don't have Forza (although I want it), and everything else doesn't interest me.

I ordered two 4000 points cards from Target.com yesterday, I just hope they get here in time.[/QUOTE]

Fruit Ninja is a must-have. Happy Action Theater is pretty cool but definitely a keeper if you have people to mess around with. Not much if you're by yourself.

Don't forget that expansion packs (skiing and golf) for Kinect Sports Season 2 are great and half off as well.

Haunt... hmm... the demo was awful but people told me that it's a much better game than the very short demo suggests. so I don't know...

I'm glad I held out on Iron Brigade - knew it would go on sale eventually. Now I've just got to get my friends to pick it up too.

Let's see, this week I got Double Fine Happy Action Theater, Iron Brigade, Iron Brigade DLC, Rock Band Paramore pack, Max Payne DLC (despite not owning the game), and Gunstringer Real Big Shootin DLC. This has made up for last few weeks, though I'm still disappointed for a Microsoft themed sale we still don't get more Dance Central DLC.

[quote name='Markew001']Anyone have any impressions on this version of Worms?[/QUOTE]

Stick to the 2D Games...they are a lot more fun, don't have unobtainable achievements and don't suck lol

No really... 3D Worms was never good imo =(

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Stick to the 2D Games...they are a lot more fun, don't have unobtainable achievements and don't suck lol

No really... 3D Worms was never good imo =([/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. I was always a big fan of oldschool worms. I see there is the original and Armageddon on XBLA... I wonder if anyone still plays multi?

Sweet picked up Iron Bridge+dlc. Got Trials Big Thrills, thought I had it but guess not. Also getting Gunstringer DLC.
DLing trial of Worms UM which I doubt I'll get. I only like those games on PC, feels weird to play with controller. Also trying Fusion but doesn't like like a game I'd like.
Everything else I have or don't want.

[quote name='Markew001']Cool, thanks. I was always a big fan of oldschool worms. I see there is the original and Armageddon on XBLA... I wonder if anyone still plays multi?[/QUOTE]

Can answer this one too...multiplayer is not dead yet, but it could take some minutes to find someone... (Still prefer to play the Worms games on my PC though, the ports are not as good as the originals but still a LOAD more fun than any 3D Worm Games lol =P)

Picked up Iron baragade and the DLC. As well as Trials and DLC also was needing a new theme so i got gow 3 theme for $2 bucks. After playing the first 3 levels of Trench/Iron I will most def need to find some PPL online to play with.

Same at least trying these trials out to see if I want to play later but now just been playing Minecraft. Did get Orcs Must Die. Fusion really surprised me so went ahead and bought it. Going to pass on worms and most those kinect games I think. I all ready own fruit ninja.

[quote name='ooga']Well I had points to burn, and burn them I did. I probably have a couple of stinkers in there but I picked up:
Rhythm Party
Leedmees
Martian Bear DLC
Magic 2012 DLC

I am considering the Splinter Cell Conviction DLC. I don't play co-op, but I've heard the co-op achievements do not really 2 players to knock out. I haven't played the actual game yet, but I am thinking I better grab this just in case.[/QUOTE]

I liked Rhythm Party a lot! Yes, it's lacking in popular commercial songs (too many DDR songs!). But it's fun and cheap. Will eventually get the DLC for that game when they're on sale.

I really enjoyed Magic 2012, aside from the cursed Archenemy campaign. The DLC lets you play as the Archenemy which was a lot more fun. I suggest demoing it even if you've never played the Magic card games, as it is a very well made game. It's also a doable 250 for achievement hounds.

I also really like Happy Action Theater, although it's certainly not for everyone. I got the 6-people achievement using three THICK chairs and holding up 2 heavy coats. Thin chairs won't work. Yes, I have no friends.

[quote name='GunstarRed']
I also really like Happy Action Theater, although it's certainly not for everyone. I got the 6-people achievement using three THICK chairs and holding up 2 heavy coats. Thin chairs won't work. Yes, I have no friends.[/QUOTE]
That is both the most sad and hilarious thing I've read on this site in awhile. Bravo for sharing it though.

[quote name='gunstarred']i got the 6-people achievement using three thick chairs and holding up 2 heavy coats. Thin chairs won't work. Yes, i have no friends.[/quote]

( `ー´)八(`ー´ ) HI5

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back