XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sickman']We do? I where might that info be? Checked the OP, and I don't see it. Maybe I'm going blind...?[/QUOTE]

May 22–28 DOTW

Outland-400 (50% off)

Might & Magic clash of heroes- 600 MSP (50% off)

Beyond Good & Evil HD- 400 MSP (50% off)

Also the xbla version of kinect joy ride comes out wednesday along with those sega classics for 800 MSP apiece.

Earthworm Jim was fun, loved going for the beat the game in 50 minutes achievement, you can only die once or twice to make it in that time and it made the game really intense, one of the most fun I've had marathoning an old school game until I was almost bulletproof in it. Unfortunately the beating it with one life thing is just a joke to me thanks to the spike part of buttville.

Is the microsoft sale going to end tomorrow do you guys think? I need to pick up some reach maps, but my points card hasn't come in the mail yet, might have to just buy more points if it ends tonight...speaking of which is it worth buying the maps besides anniversary? i don't play firefight, just online games with a guest usually, not sure if if noble and the other $5 pack are worth the cheese or not, seems like only one game type uses them?

Also any word if the sega classics collection are going to have LIVE play? i'd love to play streets of rage 1 and 3 online, if they aren't online though then no reason at all to pick those up imo.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']May 22–28 DOTW

Outland-400 (50% off)

Might & Magic clash of heroes- 600 MSP (50% off)

Beyond Good & Evil HD- 400 MSP (50% off)

Also the xbla version of kinect joy ride comes out wednesday along with those sega classics for 800 MSP apiece.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. For some strange reason I can't find the info viewing the OP on my phone.

[quote name='sickman']We do? I where might that info be? Checked the OP, and I don't see it. Maybe I'm going blind...?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sickman']Thanks, man. For some strange reason I can't find the info viewing the OP on my phone.[/QUOTE]

That would be because it's not there. I'll shoot ReddJoey a PM to add it.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']Is the microsoft sale going to end tomorrow do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Yes, we know it will be ending tomorrow.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']$5 of msp for a xbox game hd-ified I missed out on. Done deal.

Then again, despite popular belief I don't see this sale in the OP...[/QUOTE]

What game are you referring to?

[quote name='Shifty Effect']$5 of msp for a xbox game hd-ified I missed out on. Done deal.

Then again, despite popular belief I don't see this sale in the OP...[/QUOTE]

Beyond Good and Evil HD? It's not supposed to be on sale until tomorrow. I'm sure redjoey will update it then.

well Microsoft has been having giveaway for free gold left and right lately. THeres atleast some type of developer or microsoft sale once a month so its not the suprising.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Would be great if MS would always do sales like they did right now =/
Still all the GOOD deals aren't DotW, they are open to all lol[/QUOTE]

Yes they are. As someone who doesn't play online often, I don't have a lot of desire to renew my Gold subscription just for the deals, as all the best deals seem to be open to everyone anyway.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']i want double dragon soooo bad wish there was a way to get to...[/QUOTE]

I've played the arcade & Nintendo versions countless times in the past; at this point I think I'm more excited to see how Double Dragon Neon turns out (new whispers of Battletoads DLC, even) rather than trying to replay the same old same old. I'm in the very miniscule minority who liked Turtles Re:shelled more than the TMNT 1990 classic.

Last but not least: why no re-release of Captain America & The Avengers Arcade? That was a much better game than X-men, but I've never heard anyone mention it.

[quote name='Kerig']I've played the arcade & Nintendo versions countless times in the past; at this point I think I'm more excited to see how Double Dragon Neon turns out (new whispers of Battletoads DLC, even) rather than trying to replay the same old same old. I'm in the very miniscule minority who liked Turtles Re:shelled more than the TMNT 1990 classic.

Last but not least: why no re-release of Captain America & The Avengers Arcade? That was a much better game than X-men, but I've never heard anyone mention it.[/QUOTE]

C.A. & Avengers?...yes! yes! please! I buy that. On the other side of the coin I wish the Double Dragon game was still up. I still have the trial on my hard drive. I hoping Neon will be good, but something in me isn't holding out any hope.

All I remember about Captain America and the Avengers and all I remember hearing when I play that game is "NOOO!" "NOOO!" "NOOO!"

The Avengers arcade game was made by Data East, who went bankrupt a few years back.

Another company would have to purchase the rights to The Avengers to get it out today.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Iron Brigade and Earthworm Jim were the PlayXBLA codes? Man I'm glad I didn't end up going for it.[/QUOTE]

Really glad to see cheap Earthworm Jim codes here. Just got one. :)

i have been waiting for a sale on this title. Well really a bunch of double fine stuff i have been dying to get. This is awesome and i now know what i am doing this weekend. :)

[quote name='Kerig']I've played the arcade & Nintendo versions countless times in the past; at this point I think I'm more excited to see how Double Dragon Neon turns out (new whispers of Battletoads DLC, even) rather than trying to replay the same old same old. I'm in the very miniscule minority who liked Turtles Re:shelled more than the TMNT 1990 classic.

Last but not least: why no re-release of Captain America & The Avengers Arcade? That was a much better game than X-men, but I've never heard anyone mention it.[/QUOTE]
to many good memories and playing every so often is good. i might pay 15-20 for dd at this point. i wish they add as a unlock in neon. also neon is unknown if fun yet it looks it but looking and being is two different things.

[quote name='solidus_00']C.A. & Avengers?...yes! yes! please! I buy that. On the other side of the coin I wish the Double Dragon game was still up. I still have the trial on my hard drive. I hoping Neon will be good, but something in me isn't holding out any hope.[/QUOTE]
can u buy ingame trial?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']can u buy ingame trial?[/QUOTE]

Nope, believe me I tried.:cry:

I just drown my sorrows in Gauntlet at least I have that.

Uh...count me as one who thought the Captain America game was boring. A chore to play through today but xmen I can play over and over again.

Glad I saw this thread, I picked up some of the Forza 4 car packs while they're on sale. Going to get the porsche dlc pack tomorrow.

Is Gears of War 3 RAMM's shadow worth it? I see it's also on sale 50% off, but 600pts seems a little steep. My friend and I were literally going to go through the campaign co-op tomorrow, so if the DLC is worthwhile I might pick it up today while it's on sale, seeing's how we're about to dive into the game.

I'm only really interested in RAMM's shadow for the extra campaign missions, as I don't intend to play multiplayer whatsoever.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Glad I saw this thread, I picked up some of the Forza 4 car packs while they're on sale. Going to get the porsche dlc pack tomorrow.

Is Gears of War 3 RAMM's shadow worth it? I see it's also on sale 50% off, but 600pts seems a little steep. My friend and I were literally going to go through the campaign co-op tomorrow, so if the DLC is worthwhile I might pick it up today while it's on sale, seeing's how we're about to dive into the game.

I'm only really interested in RAMM's shadow for the extra campaign missions, as I don't intend to play multiplayer whatsoever.[/QUOTE]
It's pretty fun you play as raam if you're player 1 and 3 new COG characters. Follow's Minh story line pre-GOW 1

[quote name='GamingKnight']Avengers was corny as hell, and that's probably one reason why I'd insta-buy.

But what of the Spider-Man arcade game? You fight Giant Venom in the first level!

What's not to love. Plus shyguys are your basic enemies!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, somebody should really license and rerelease both Captain America & The Avengers and SEGA's Spider-Man. Loved both games, especially Spidey.

[quote name='weeman43302']playxbla.com does a Weekend Achievement thing where they will announce a couple achievements from a couple games and if you get the set amount you win game codes.

http://playxbla.com/tag/weekend-cheeve-challenge/[/QUOTE]

So do you have to get each achievement listed for all 3 games? Or just get all the achievements for one of the games listed? Sorry,just a little confused about it.

Edit: nvm,just read the rules. So you can choose 1,2, or 3 games or however many you'll like,then just get any 7 achievements from the games you to choose to play?

[quote name='SporkWielder']Beyond Good and Evil HD? It's not supposed to be on sale until tomorrow. I'm sure redjoey will update it then.[/QUOTE]

A late response by me, but yes I was referring to that game.

[quote name='Vap']So do you have to get each achievement listed for all 3 games? Or just get all the achievements for one of the games listed? Sorry,just a little confused about it.

Edit: nvm,just read the rules. So you can choose 1,2, or 3 games or however many you'll like,then just get any 7 achievements from the games you to choose to play?[/QUOTE]

Underneath the pictures of the games for the challenge, they have several achievements listed (I think 3 per game in this case). Those are the achievements that count toward the weekend challenge.

Yeah, so basically you have to own all three games and get achievements in each of them (of the ones listed on the site) to add up to 7. Pretty low chances of qualifying unless you buy a ton of XBLA games. Thankfully, this is CAG so some people do buy a ton, and then others can buy codes from them.

Quick Q about PlayXBLA. I get all of the info about what it takes except one thing. Do I need to earn said achievements on that weekend? Like if I have a game already completed from weeks/months/whatever prior to the weekend challenge do they still count toward the prize?

According to Xbox.com, Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre comes out next week. Could be a pretty good beat-em-up, the PC version was fun

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Quick Q about PlayXBLA. I get all of the info about what it takes except one thing. Do I need to earn said achievements on that weekend? Like if I have a game already completed from weeks/months/whatever prior to the weekend challenge do they still count toward the prize?[/QUOTE]

You just need to have earned them by the end of the contest - the actual dates don't matter.

Ahh ok,thanks guys. I don't think I'll ever be able to participate in playxbla under those rules. Still cool for whoever buys a ton of arcade games.

[quote name='solidus_00']Nope, believe me I tried.:cry:

I just drown my sorrows in Gauntlet at least I have that.[/QUOTE]

I would seriously pay so much for the XBLA versions of Gauntlet, Smash TV and Paperboy.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Yeah, so basically you have to own all three games and get achievements in each of them (of the ones listed on the site) to add up to 7. Pretty low chances of qualifying unless you buy a ton of XBLA games. Thankfully, this is CAG so some people do buy a ton, and then others can buy codes from them.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely better if you own 3, but if you only own 2, it could still be worth it to buy the 3rd (either from the CAG Marketplace or just pay full price) and still make it work.

I didn't go for it this week (because of one of The Splatters achievements) but I owned Splatters and South Park, so I could have bought Dragon's Lair and got the 7 achievements I needed. I didn't need either of the prize codes, but should have been able to sell them for about $7, thus turning Dragon's Lair into a $3 purchase. Not an amazing deal, but still justifiable to the right person.

[quote name='dgwillia006']According to Xbox.com, Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre comes out next week. Could be a pretty good beat-em-up, the PC version was fun[/QUOTE]

Remember hearing about that a while back. It does look really awesome.

[quote name='Kerig']

It's not mentioned cause it's just not that good. Konami's X-men looks and plays much better & those 6 player cabinets were boss!

I'd love to see this come to XBLA though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqrnUyjIRtw

Played a little Joy Ride Turbo last night. General impressions below:

It's Kinect Joy Ride with a controller. Which of course, fixes the biggest flaw of Kinect Joy Ride for a much cheaper price.

If you are looking for a solid cart racer, I recommend it. You'll get your $10 worth.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Kingdom for Kefllings is part of the DOTW.[/QUOTE]

it's showing at 800 points for me

[quote name='gubmccargen']:cry: More Ubisoft repeats to match the PSN sale. Outland and BG&E at 400 and Clash of Heroes at 600. Too bad.[/QUOTE]

Does this include the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Prince of Persia DLC?

[quote name='Bosamba']Does this include the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Prince of Persia DLC?[/QUOTE]

Spylon's site doesn't show them as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back